PDA

View Full Version : Yeah.... lets get rid of guns

landrun
1/6/2013, 05:43 PM
Libs, this is why having guns is a GOOD thing. And law abiding citizens should be allowed to have all we need or want....

A Georgia mother gunned down an intruder who broke into her home as her children hid in a crawlspace.

FOLLOW TODD ON FACEBOOK FOR CULTURE WAR STORIES. CLICK HERE TO JOIN!

The 37-year-old woman initially thought the person knocking at her door was a solicitor. But when the man repeatedly rang the doorbell, she called her husband. He told her to gather the children and hide while he called 911.

By that time, the man had already forced his way into the three-story house in the town of Loganville.

Authorities told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that the man was working his way through the home when he came upon the closet where the woman and her 9-year-old twins were hiding.

“He opens the closet door and finds himself staring down the barrel of a .38 revolver,” Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman told the AJC.

“She fired all six shots,” the sheriff told television station WAGA. Five of the bullets hit Paul Ali Slater in the face and neck area.

Todd is the author of Dispatches From Bitter America – endorsed by Sarah Palin, Mark Levin and Sean Hannity. Click here to get your copy!

“The guy’s face down, crying,” the sheriff told the newspaper.

The woman told him to stay down or she’d shoot again.

Slater, who has a long rap sheet, survived. He’s listed in critical condition.

The woman’s husband told WSB-TV that his wife is a hero.

“She protected the kids,” he told television station. “She did what she was supposed to do.”

The sheriff agreed.

“That mother’s instinct kicked in,” Chapman told the newspaper. “You go after a mother’s kids and she’ll find herself capable of doing things she never thought she was capable of.”

Residents across North Georgia are praising the unidentified woman’s actions.

“God bless this woman,” one reader wrote on WAGA’s website. “She had the strength and courage to stand and protect her children and herself.”

“That is what I call gun control,” another reader wrote. “Good job, lady. You are brave.”

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/georgia-mom-guns-down-intruder-saves-children.html

yermom
1/6/2013, 06:11 PM
that's not gun control. gun control is aiming for center mass.

soonercruiser
1/6/2013, 10:09 PM
The gun control freaks on the form have asked for, and I had posted some stoireies on another thread where concealed carriers stop mass killings.
Here is one from 2 days after the CT school massacre.
Gee....I wonder why the drive by media didn't even mention such stories????
(Because they don't fit their LW narrative!)

Media Ignores Shooting Stopped by Law-Abiding Gun Owner
December 31, 2012

On Sunday December 17, 2012, 2 days after the CT shooting, a man went to a restaurant in San Antonio to kill his X-girlfriend. After he shot her, most of the people in the restaurant fled next door to a theater. The gunman followed them and entered the theater so he could shoot more people. He started shooting and people in the theater started running and screaming. It’s like the Aurora, CO theater story plus a restaurant!

Now aren’t you wondering why this isn’t a lead story in the national media along with the school shooting?

There was an off duty county deputy at the theater. SHE pulled out her gun and shot the man 4 times before he had a chance to kill anyone. So since this story makes the point that the best thing to stop a bad person with a gun is a good person with a gun, the media is treating it like it never happened.

Only the local media covered it. The city is giving her a medal next week. Just thought you’d like to know.

On December 17, 2012, recent breakup set off a shooting spree that ended with the suspect wounding a man at the Santikos Mayan Palace 14 movie theater Sunday night before being shot by an off-duty deputy, authorities said. Police are shown questioning men outside the theater Sunday night.. Jesus Manuel Garcia, 19, an employee at a nearby China Garden restaurant, apparently became upset Sunday night after his girlfriend broke up with him.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Two-wounded-in-theater-shooting-4122668.php#ixzz2GOP72zBX

Cases in which guns saved lives
http://www.akdart.com/gun3.html

diverdog
1/6/2013, 10:52 PM
I heard a funny one on the Simpson's tonight. Homer says "if Jesus had a gun he would be alive today".

nutinbutdust
1/9/2013, 02:30 AM
Let me set the scene. Its 9 PM, and you’re walking from your car to your doorway after a long day. Your two month old son is in his car carrier, dozing off as you try to get him into his crib before he wakes up. But before you get to your front door, out of nowhere an armed robber puts a gun to your head and demands everything you have. What do you do?
LINK (http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2013/01/08/robber-shot.html)

Columbus, Ohio • Jan 09, 2013 • 34° Partly Cloudy
THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

Police say robber was shot by Hilltop man shielding his 2-month-old son

A man was shielding his infant son when he shot another man who had just robbed him Monday night on the Hilltop, police say.

Kelby Smith, 34, had just gotten out of his car in his brother’s driveway on Crescent Drive about 8:45 p.m. when a man with a pistol approached him and demanded money, police said.

Smith was carrying his 2-month-old son in a car seat at the time. He knelt down in front of his son to shield him as the robber held the gun to Smith’s head, police said.

While Smith was handing over a small amount of cash, he pulled his gun out of a holster, said detective Brian Boesch of the Columbus police robbery squad. Smith is a concealed-carry permit holder, Boesch said.

The robber fled, police said, but then pointed his gun back at Smith as he ran.

“When I pulled my pistol he took off running and I shot and it hit him,” Smith later told a 911 dispatcher.

The dispatcher asked Smith how he knew the man had been shot.

“Cause when I shot he started crying and he fell to the ground,” Smith told the dispatcher.

A short time later, a man matching the description of the robber came into Mount Carmel West hospital with a gunshot wound. He was taken to surgery and is under police guard tonight.

Boesch said they are not releasing the man’s name because he has not been charged in the case. He said the man was stable and awake.

“We are waiting for lab tests to come back to see whether we can put him at the scene,” Boesch said.

Reached at his Far West Side home today, Smith declined to talk about the incident, saying he was still traumatized by it.

Heather Waters, who heard the single gunshot from her house across the street, said the neighborhood is fairly quiet and that robberies aren’t common.

“There’s no shootings,” she said. “We never have anything like this.”

cleller
1/9/2013, 01:36 PM
There was a good editorial in the WSJ recently examining gun laws in England. In 1987 a man went on a shooting spree in a small town killing 16 people. He roamed the streets for 8 hours, as no one, including the police, had guns.

In 2009 a former soldier found a shotgun in his garden, and went to the police station to turn it in. He was arrested and sentenced to 5 years in prison. In 2012, a member of the British Special Forces came home to organize funerals for two comrades killed in action. In his baggage was a Glock handgun given to him as a gift by his Iraqi trainees. He was sentenced to 18 months in prison for the gun.
Luckily, both these men were eventually released after a public outcry.
Pretty nutty folks.
It also points out that since banning handguns in 1998, handgun crime has doubled. I believe its our people -- who have slowly been allowed to sink into a half-civilized, irresponsible state -- that are the real villains.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323777204578195470446855466.html

SanJoaquinSooner
1/9/2013, 01:57 PM
Landrun, who are the libs that want possession of a .38 revolver in one's home to be forbidden?

yermom
1/9/2013, 01:59 PM
the ones in DC and Chicago...

SanJoaquinSooner
1/9/2013, 02:02 PM
the ones in DC and Chicago...

Landrun's addressing libs on this board: "Libs, this is why having guns is a GOOD thing"

yermom
1/9/2013, 02:10 PM
are there any anti-gun people on this board? i guess there was the flying dickwheel guy. who was that?

olevetonahill
1/9/2013, 03:54 PM
are there any anti-gun people on this board? i guess there was the flying dickwheel guy. who was that?

TDTW was the one who coined the term of someone being a "Flying Dickwheel" If they owned a Semi Auto weapon.

jaun I dont think anyone HERE has come right out and said they are totally against guns but I'll bet ya theres several that would Laugh their *** off if they were bained today

The Profit
1/9/2013, 03:56 PM
I have owned guns all of my life. I still see no reason for private citizens to own AR-15's and 60 round magazines.

olevetonahill
1/9/2013, 04:00 PM
I have owned guns all of my life. I still see no reason for private citizens to own AR-15's and 60 round magazines.

Show me a 60 Rd Mag . Ive never seen one.

Why shouldnt a Private citizen own an AR 15 or anything else they want? Because YOU dont like them? Some nut job used one in a Mass killing?
Go **** yerself

okie52
1/9/2013, 04:01 PM
Hello Profit...I thought you had risen above these mind numbing debates.

The Profit
1/9/2013, 04:04 PM
I was drawn back by the angst in the football forum. Some of those fair-weather Sooner fans are crazier than the "tea-bagged." How have you been, old friend?"

okie52
1/9/2013, 04:08 PM
I was drawn back by the angst in the football forum. Some of those fair-weather Sooner fans are crazier than the "tea-bagged." How have you been, old friend?"

Pretty good...same old same old. Good to see you back...you're almost like new blood to this board.

The Profit
1/9/2013, 04:13 PM
Vet, I meant 50, not 60. There are 60 round drums. If you can't hit a squirrel, deer, raccoon, possum, etc., with 10 shots, you need to go hungry. Of course, after a couple of shots of that hooch you shared with me, I doubt I could hit the broad side of a barn. Good to see you again.

olevetonahill
1/9/2013, 04:22 PM
Vet, I meant 50, not 60. There are 60 round drums. If you can't hit a squirrel, deer, raccoon, possum, etc., with 10 shots, you need to go hungry. Of course, after a couple of shots of that hooch you shared with me, I doubt I could hit the broad side of a barn. Good to see you again.

Heh, Still aint ever seen a 50 rd Mag.
Besides Like has been said it aint about "Hunting" only.

The Profit
1/9/2013, 04:30 PM
I just never saw the thrill of shooting multiple rounds into a standing target. I guess it makes some feel like a bigger man, but whacking off can give you the same thrill and its a helluva lot cheaper. That said, I really don't care what kind of guns folks surround themselves with. The real problem is not the gun as much as it is, who gets to own one.

olevetonahill
1/9/2013, 04:39 PM
I just never saw the thrill of shooting multiple rounds into a standing target. I guess it makes some feel like a bigger man, but whacking off can give you the same thrill and its a helluva lot cheaper. That said, I really don't care what kind of guns folks surround themselves with. The real problem is not the gun as much as it is, who gets to own one.

And agin it aint the Legal owners who are doing the Crazy shat.
Do you like to fish? some people live for it Others not so much , Its called to each their own.

back to Mag deal. Ive had the Mini14s and the SKSs with 30 rd Mags and they dont perform near as well as with the 20. So Mag size once ya go over 20 diminishes the weapons performance

yermom
1/9/2013, 04:51 PM
TDTW was the one who coined the term of someone being a "Flying Dickwheel" If they owned a Semi Auto weapon.

jaun I dont think anyone HERE has come right out and said they are totally against guns but I'll bet ya theres several that would Laugh their *** off if they were bained today

political suicide.

remember when i said no one really cared enough to vote for Romney? strict gun laws would cause some serious turnover in the next cycle due to people voting in droves.

rock on sooner
1/9/2013, 05:01 PM
When I was a kid I was taught gun safety and how to shoot with a bolt
action single shot .22 (Winchester). I did target shooting with .22 shorts
and squirrel/rabbit hunting with longs/long rifle. Got to be a pretty shot,
since the squirrels/rabbits wouldn't hang around for a second try.

In basic training, the M1 carbine was the training weapon. Imagine the
rush the skinny kid from Southern OK got when the instructor told me to
address that "black circle" a 100 yards down range with "extreme prejudice".
Yeah, range instructor was something of a cowboy. Anyway, I don't see how
any more restrictions are going to do any good. Those weapons are out there
and always will be. The real issue is figuring a way to identify the unstable loner
and restrict that person's access. The VAST majority of gun violence is done by
handguns, usually 13-15 round mag capacity. In this country, there are 89 guns
for every 100 people ( I read that, don't know if it's true or not) and there is no
way ANYONE will be able to take away all those weapons. Truth of the matter,
imo, no one is going to even try. There will be and should be major efforts made
to limit access by the mentally unstable/ill.

olevetonahill
1/9/2013, 05:07 PM
Rock, It comes down to Those who are around the Crazymother****ers to be observant to any drastic changes in mood or actions by said Crazymother****ers.
Oh and you used the M1 in basic? Just how dayum old are you? hell we used the M14(heavy mother****er) dont think the M1 had been around for a bunch of years at that point . Mid 68 er so,

pphilfran
1/9/2013, 05:11 PM
I got to shoot an M1 in high school...the one thing I learned was that it will eat your thumb...M1 Thumb....

The Profit
1/9/2013, 05:14 PM
This guy was a semi-famous gun advocate. He was found in his office this week with a bullet in his head. Interesting story.

A producer behind a popular gun enthusiast YouTube channel was found dead with a single gunshot wound to the head at his business last week.

Police in Georgia are investigating the apparent homicide of Keith Ratliff, a 32-year-old Franklin County resident.

"It's really heartbreaking, and everything I see, or any kind of memorable thing -- I mean, I just break down," Amanda Ratliff, the victim's wife, told MyFoxAtlanta. "He had such a life to live, and such a good life to live, and things to look forward to."

Authorities found multiple weapons at the scene of the crime, some manufactured by Ratliff himself, WSBTV reports. Investigators have not identified a motive.

Ratliff worked mostly behind the scenes to produce videos for the YouTube channel FPSRussia, a site dedicated to showcasing high-power firearms. FPSRussia -- which commands nearly 3.5 million subscribers and has generated over 500,000 page views is one of the top 10 channels ranked on YouTube.

In addition to his contributions to FPSRussia, Ratliff also worked for FPS Industries, a company focussing on "product development and testing for hard use firearms shooters," according to its website. FPS Industries is located in Carnesville, Ga.

Ratliff was known as an outspoken gun advocate. In a message posted to Twitter on Aug 11, 2012, he wrote: "I went to the movies with my pistol in my pocket the whole time I was praying that somebody would try to pull a Batman!"

rock on sooner
1/9/2013, 05:19 PM
Rock, It comes down to Those who are around the Crazymother****ers to be observant to any drastic changes in mood or actions by said Crazymother****ers.
Oh and you used the M1 in basic? Just how dayum old are you? hell we used the M14(heavy mother****er) dont think the M1 had been around for a bunch of years at that point . Mid 68 er so,

Remember I was in the AF, not the Army so the training would have been
different. It was one hot MFing August in San Antonio, Texas in 1963. And,
the weapon was a carbine, not the M1 Garand. The carbine was standard issue
starting with Korea (for officers...replacing the .45) 15 round mag 30 cal...lightweight
and accurate to only 200 yards or so. I've got one even now. It isn't an AR15
high capacity but I'm pretty sure the muzzle flash and noise will scare most gang
bangers spitless. Sides all that I can hit what I'm aiming at....had to shoot squirrels
and rabbits in the head so the meat wouldn't get wrecked.

olevetonahill
1/9/2013, 06:50 PM
This guy was a semi-famous gun advocate. He was found in his office this week with a bullet in his head. Interesting story.

A producer behind a popular gun enthusiast YouTube channel was found dead with a single gunshot wound to the head at his business last week.

Police in Georgia are investigating the apparent homicide of Keith Ratliff, a 32-year-old Franklin County resident.

"It's really heartbreaking, and everything I see, or any kind of memorable thing -- I mean, I just break down," Amanda Ratliff, the victim's wife, told MyFoxAtlanta. "He had such a life to live, and such a good life to live, and things to look forward to."

Authorities found multiple weapons at the scene of the crime, some manufactured by Ratliff himself, WSBTV reports. Investigators have not identified a motive.

Ratliff worked mostly behind the scenes to produce videos for the YouTube channel FPSRussia, a site dedicated to showcasing high-power firearms. FPSRussia -- which commands nearly 3.5 million subscribers and has generated over 500,000 page views is one of the top 10 channels ranked on YouTube.

In addition to his contributions to FPSRussia, Ratliff also worked for FPS Industries, a company focussing on "product development and testing for hard use firearms shooters," according to its website. FPS Industries is located in Carnesville, Ga.

Ratliff was known as an outspoken gun advocate. In a message posted to Twitter on Aug 11, 2012, he wrote: "I went to the movies with my pistol in my pocket the whole time I was praying that somebody would try to pull a Batman!"

Whats so interesting about it? The dude got shot by some Crazymother****er, Nuff said
Course his "Hero Complex" sounded Kinda stupid. But I'd venture that was taken way out of context.

olevetonahill
1/9/2013, 06:52 PM
Remember I was in the AF, not the Army so the training would have been
different. It was one hot MFing August in San Antonio, Texas in 1963. And,
the weapon was a carbine, not the M1 Garand. The carbine was standard issue
starting with Korea (for officers...replacing the .45) 15 round mag 30 cal...lightweight
and accurate to only 200 yards or so. I've got one even now. It isn't an AR15
high capacity but I'm pretty sure the muzzle flash and noise will scare most gang
bangers spitless. Sides all that I can hit what I'm aiming at....had to shoot squirrels
and rabbits in the head so the meat wouldn't get wrecked.

Heh, they trained US with the M14 then sent us off to Nam with the 16
At that time there wernt enough 16s made to supply the War and training at the same time . We did get a crash course on field strippin the 16 tho.

rock on sooner
1/9/2013, 09:01 PM
Heh, they trained US with the M14 then sent us off to Nam with the 16
At that time there wernt enough 16s made to supply the War and training at the same time . We did get a crash course on field strippin the 16 tho.

You guys have my thanks and admiration for your service. Had some buds
come home with the 1000 yard stare and questionable looks, trying to figure
why people dint give em credit for the **** they went through, but would give
**** for stuff they dint know about. So many people have no clue about war...
never was in it but listened to it and tried to direct it as a frickin sergeant could,
with what was in front of me.

So long as I can stand erect and give a proper salute, I am forever grateful!!!!

diverdog
1/9/2013, 09:02 PM
Can one of you guys tell me if the AR15 was used in the school shooting? I just read that it was locked in the car. Is that true?

rock on sooner
1/9/2013, 09:06 PM
Can one of you guys tell me if the AR15 was used in the school shooting? I just read that it was locked in the car. Is that true?
What I read was that he used the AR15 and what was locked in the car
was the shotgun. What I read was that he carried two handguns plus
multiple mags for the long gun.

diverdog
1/9/2013, 09:10 PM
What I read was that he used the AR15 and what was locked in the car
was the shotgun. What I read was that he carried two handguns plus
multiple mags for the long gun.

Ya know the media has so botched this up. I wish there were just the facts. There are tons of websites saying the AR was in the car. But there are others that say it was used in the shootings.

olevetonahill
1/9/2013, 09:15 PM

From an Article

CNN) -- Adam Lanza brought three weapons inside Sandy Hook Elementary school on December 14 and left a fourth in his car, police said. Those weapons were a Bushmaster AR-15 rifle and two handguns -- a Glock 10 mm and a Sig Sauer 9 mm.

In the car he left a shotgun, about which police have offered no details. Lanza used one of the handguns to take his own life, although police haven't said whether the gun was the Glock or the Sig Sauer.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/18/us/connecticut-lanza-guns/index.html

rock on sooner
1/9/2013, 09:17 PM
Ya know the media has so botched this up. I wish there were just the facts. There are tons of websites saying the AR was in the car. But there are others that say it was used in the shootings.

DD, I unnerstand, but I don't know of any shotgun that can do 30 rounds
in 27 seconds...(the first 911 call)...imo, has to be the AR15 or handguns.
Sadly, one report had 5 rounds in one youngster and 11 in another...I have tears
typing this...

StoopTroup
1/10/2013, 07:23 PM
I heard a funny one on the Simpson's tonight. Homer says "if Jesus had a gun he would be alive today".

Not if Judas could help stop him from defending himself.

East Coast Bias
1/10/2013, 08:36 PM

I don't have any use for guns, don't consider myself to be anti-gun. I don't own a gun and probably won't.Not likely anyone gets killed by guns at my house. I just hope that the gun-supporters can get over this "They are coming to get my guns" mentality so we can have a constructive conversation about all the issues involved.
No one is taking away the guns. However, we outlawed machine guns from the 1930's and you can't own a flamethrower or an RPG either. Some of the ideas need to be discussed and considered by everyone.That means pro and anti-gun factions. I like the idea of a universal background check. Everyone clears the same background check, it has a time limit and works at a gun-show if you go there.

olevetonahill
1/10/2013, 08:41 PM
I don't have any use for guns, don't consider myself to be anti-gun. I don't own a gun and probably won't.Not likely anyone gets killed by guns at my house. I just hope that the gun-supporters can get over this "They are coming to get my guns" mentality so we can have a constructive conversation about all the issues involved.
No one is taking away the guns. However, we outlawed machine guns from the 1930's and you can't own a flamethrower or an RPG either. Some of the ideas need to be discussed and considered by everyone.That means pro and anti-gun factions. I like the idea of a universal background check. Everyone clears the same background check, it has a time limit and works at a gun-show if you go there.

So then yer sayin , " Dont Change anything" The Back ground checks ARE Universal they are Required at Gun shows( Ya see most folk who sell guns at a Show ARE dealers and HAVE to do the checks, 99% of all individual sales are from a Private person TO a dealer

This is why There will never be constructive discussion, Because you "Guns Are Icky" crowd usually aint got a clue what the hell yer talking about.

BigTip
1/10/2013, 08:46 PM
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2974487/posts :

It has now been over 10 years since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own Government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars.

The statistics for the years following the ban are now in:

Accidental gun deaths are 300% higher than the pre-1997 ban rate

The assault rate has increased 800% since 1991, and increased 200% since the 1997 gun ban.

Robbery and armed robbery have increase 20% from the pre-97 ban rate.

From immediately after the ban was instituted in 1997 through 2002, the robbery and armed robbery rate was up 200% over the pre-ban rates.

In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 171 percent

East Coast Bias
1/10/2013, 09:31 PM
So then yer sayin , " Dont Change anything" The Back ground checks ARE Universal they are Required at Gun shows( Ya see most folk who sell guns at a Show ARE dealers and HAVE to do the checks, 99% of all individual sales are from a Private person TO a dealer

This is why There will never be constructive discussion, Because you "Guns Are Icky" crowd usually aint got a clue what the hell yer talking about.

Not really in this "guns are icky" group you want to put me in. And BTW I have resisted putting you in the "Hillbillies are uneducated and stupid" group but not sure how long I can hold out.

It took a five-minute google search to prove you mixed a little truth with a whole lot of BS.
http://www.csgv.org/issues-and-campaigns/gun-show-loophole

Soonerjeepman
1/10/2013, 09:40 PM
a county up here is offering CC for teachers half off...headed to it in Feb. Target shooting Sat mornin.

nutinbutdust
1/10/2013, 09:58 PM
LINK (http://nation.foxnews.com/crime/2013/01/10/15-year-old-defends-home-against-burglars-shoots-one-them-fathers-ar-15)

anuary 10, 2013
15-Year-Old Defends Home Against Burglars, Shoots One Of Them With Father's AR-15

The teenage son of a Harris County Precinct 1 deputy shot a home intruder Tuesday afternoon in the 2600 block of Royal Place in northwest Harris County, deputies said.

The 15-year-old boy and his 12-year-old sister had been home alone in the Mount Royal Village subdivision when around 2:30 p.m. a pair of burglars tried the front and back doors, then broke a back window.

The teenager grabbed his father's assault rifle and knew what to do with it.

“We don't try to hide things from our children in law enforcement,” Lt. Jeffrey Stauber said. “That young boy was protecting his sister. He was in fear for his life and her life.”

The home invaders fled, leaving a trail of blood.

nutinbutdust
1/10/2013, 10:19 PM
It took a five-minute google search to prove you mixed a little truth with a whole lot of BS.

There is no "GUN Show Loophole". Have you ever been to a gun show? If you ever go to a gun show the dealers there are Federally licensed to sell guns. You will see an occasional person walking around with a gun for sale sign on their back, but I would never buy from one. How do i know the gun isnt stolen or been used in a crime. The supposed gun hole loop hole is that Individuals can sell to others without doing a criminal back ground check. It might as well be called the "Craig's list loop hole", but that doesnt sound like a "bad term" ,so the gun grabbers wont use it. A US Dept of Justice survey of federal inmates who used guns in crimes show that .7% yes that is 7/10ths of a percent of inmates obtained their guns at a gun show. 39.6 used a straw purchaser. That is illegally obtaining a gun by having someone else buy it for you. 39.2 % illegally obtained the guns from a Street/illegal source. Here is the LINK (http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/pub/pdf/fuo.pdf) to the US Dept of Justice Survey.

I wanted to add this, I have never bought a firearm at a gun show without filling out the same federal paperwork and background check that would be done in any retail store when purchasing a firearm.

nutinbutdust
1/10/2013, 10:31 PM
I would guess that anyone that cares has seen the Statement from the NRA about their meaningless visit with VP Biden today.

January 10, 2013
STATEMENT FROM THE NRA
The National Rifle Association of America is made up of over 4 million moms and dads, daughters and sons, who are involved in the national conversation about how to prevent a tragedy like Newtown from ever happening again. We attended today's White House meeting to discuss how to keep our children safe and were prepared to have a meaningful conversation about school safety, mental health issues, the marketing of violence to our kids and the collapse of federal prosecutions of violent criminals.

We were disappointed with how little this meeting had to do with keeping our children safe and how much it had to do with an agenda to attack the Second Amendment. While claiming that no policy proposals would be "prejudged," this Task Force spent most of its time on proposed restrictions on lawful firearms owners — honest, taxpaying, hardworking Americans. It is unfortunate that this Administration continues to insist on pushing failed solutions to our nation's most pressing problems. We will not allow law-abiding gun owners to be blamed for the acts of criminals and madmen. Instead, we will now take our commitment and meaningful contributions to members of congress of both parties who are interested in having an honest conversation about what works — and what does not.

olevetonahill
1/10/2013, 10:40 PM
Not really in this "guns are icky" group you want to put me in. And BTW I have resisted putting you in the "Hillbillies are uneducated and stupid" group but not sure how long I can hold out.

What was the "Little Bit of truth" Versus the whole lot of Bullshat?
I dont really care what your article written by anti gunners says. MOST Gun sales at GUN shows are completed my Licensed FFL dealers
Thats a fact Jack.
Personally? I DGAS what Group you try to lable me. Your opinion is exactly THAT Yer Opinion and it means jack shat to me. so run along and act like you are trying to have inteligent conversation about Guns with some one else, Cause obviously you still dont know Shat.

nutinbutdust
1/11/2013, 12:26 PM
This one happened Dec 14th, but popped up today because they made an arrest yesterday. LINK (http://www.wisn.com/news/south-east-wisconsin/milwaukee/Robbery-halted-by-grandmother-with-a-gun/-/10148890/18072252/-/n83orqz/-/index.html?showAds=0?source=wisn)

Grandmother with gun stops robbery

MILWAUKEE —Robberies happen far too often, but a robber coming face-to-face with a gun-carrying grandmother is a little more rare.

"I was really scared," she said.

But as the man reached for cash from the drawer, Aldana pulled a gun from underneath the counter.

"I didn't think," she said. "I didn't remember what was being said. I just took a step back, grabbed the gun and that was that."

As the gun came out, the man ran away.

Aldana said she and her husband have owned the grocery store for just over two years and have not encountered any problems before this. She said her son bought the gun for their protection, but they never thought they would have to use it.

"My son took me out to the shooting range," she said. "I did twice (shoot the gun)." But she said other than those two shots at the range, she has never fired the gun. But on that day, she came close.

"I probably shouldn't say this, but I think I was going to shoot the gun," she said. "But he was already running away. Once his back was turned, I couldn't do it."

Milwaukee police said Thursday that an arrest had been made in the case after they released the surveillance video.

MR2-Sooner86
1/11/2013, 01:10 PM

I own a Saiga 7.62 (civilian AK47) with a 75 round drum.

Do I need it?
I need it about as much as my father needed a supercharger on his 5.0 Mustang.
I need it about as much as I need a 70" TV.

I own it because I wanted the best rifle in the world and it's fun to blow $20 worth of ammo in about 10 seconds.

Besides, if you were a "lifelong gun owner" you'd know an AR15 is nothin more than a .223 hunting rifle that is made out of plastic and not wood. A Mini-14 shoots the same round as an AR15 it's just not as scary looking.

Besides, as pointed out, "assault rifles" count for under 1% of all gun homicides. Even then, over half of all gun homicides are really suicides.

I'll give up my "assault rifles" though, if the police give up theres. If civilians, both criminal and law abiding, don't have guns or assault rifles, why should they?

TL;DR
I'm King George III and I approve of this message

MR2-Sooner86
1/11/2013, 01:23 PM

Folks, there is no "gun show loophole" and anybody who uses such a term is a statist dickeater.

Want to know what the left means by "gun show loophole?" They want the state to stop private sales. It's that simple. You, as a private citizen, are too stupid to sell your own private property so it must be approved by the state.

Oh yeah...

Denver congresswoman Diana DeGette says that 70 percent of guns used in crimes come from gun shows. The true figure is rather different, according to the National Institute of Justice, the research arm of the U.S. Department of Justice. According to an NIJ study released in December 1997 (“Homicide in Eight U.S. Cities,” a report that covers much more than homicide), only 2 percent of criminal guns come from gun shows.

That finding is consistent with a mid-1980s study for the NIJ, which investigated the gun purchase and use habits of convicted felons in 12 state prisons. The study (later published as the book Armed and Considered Dangerous) found that gun shows were such a minor source of criminal gun acquisition that they were not even worth reporting as a separate figure.

At the most recent meeting of the American Society of Criminology, a study of youthful offenders in Michigan found that only 3 percent of the youths in the study had acquired their last handgun from a gun show. (Of course some criminal gun acquisition at gun shows is perpetrated by “straw purchasers” who are legal gun buyers acting as surrogates for the individual who wants the gun. Straw purchases have been federal felonies since 1968.)

According to the educational arm of HCI, the group’s own survey of major-city police chiefs found only 2 out of 48 who said that guns from gun shows (both “legal and illegal sales” according to the questionnaire) were a major problem in their city. (http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/facts-about-gun-shows)

TL;DR
Statist gonna state.

BigTip
1/11/2013, 01:46 PM
I don't have an assault rifle. But I am glad there are lots out there in the hands of private citizens. Why? Because I want the government to realize it too. Just in case the Homeland Security buying all the hollow point rounds they can thing is true. Just in case there is some new world order being planned that starts with the government trying to take all private weapons thing is true. Just in case some one in power is planning something. Just in case.

I certainly don't buy the "it's worth it if just one life is saved" argument. Not by a long shot. There is, and always has been, an acceptable cost to certain policies. Right now are troops are dying over seas. Terrible thing, but society deems it an acceptable cost for our goals.

Also, we could save WAY more lives if we outlawed cigarettes than outlawing any kind of weapon. Take all the mass shootings by assault rifle in history, multiply it by just about anything, and it still amounts to less deaths than one year of smoking related deaths.

It's maddening how obvious the answer to this entire discussion is, yet it continues.

olevetonahill
1/11/2013, 02:06 PM
What gets me is this OUTRAGE over guns, Yet what are they doing about all the Kids that Drunk drivers Kill?
We need to ban cars

yermom
1/11/2013, 02:10 PM
and drunks

olevetonahill
1/11/2013, 02:17 PM
and drunks

Yea why not, since I bout quit drankin anyway. We need to bain Booze

Curly Bill
1/11/2013, 02:17 PM
I don't have an assault rifle. But I am glad there are lots out there in the hands of private citizens. Why? Because I want the government to realize it too. Just in case the Homeland Security buying all the hollow point rounds they can thing is true. Just in case there is some new world order being planned that starts with the government trying to take all private weapons thing is true. Just in case some one in power is planning something. Just in case.

I certainly don't buy the "it's worth it if just one life is saved" argument. Not by a long shot. There is, and always has been, an acceptable cost to certain policies. Right now are troops are dying over seas. Terrible thing, but society deems it an acceptable cost for our goals.

Also, we could save WAY more lives if we outlawed cigarettes than outlawing any kind of weapon. Take all the mass shootings by assault rifle in history, multiply it by just about anything, and it still amounts to less deaths than one year of smoking related deaths.

It's maddening how obvious the answer to this entire discussion is, yet it continues.

Yup, anyone that says this it's time to tune them out. It's a statement that appeals to the simpleminded.

C&CDean
1/11/2013, 05:11 PM
When I was buying another Ruger .357 last week the Old Dog told me "I'd sure like to thank Obama. He's sold more guns for me than I can count. The past month I can't even get most guns, and forget about ammo and magazines."

When will the dumb**** liberals figure this **** out? 1. You ain't getting our guns. 2. Every time you go all stupid like this another massive flow of firepower is unleashed on the public. 3. Some of these legally purchased firearms will be stolen by POS thiefs and will eventually be used in criminal acts.

Oh I know your ignorant thoughts. "Let's just ban them and then none will get to the criminals." This is why normal people think you're ****ing looney.

C&CDean
1/11/2013, 05:14 PM
And another thing. It pisses me off when the pistol I could have bought a couple months ago for $500 costs me $625.

jk the sooner fan
1/11/2013, 05:16 PM
http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/01/im_british_and_piers_morgan_is_damn_wrong.html#.UP BzGlgNhSY.twitter

great article here

lubbocksooner
1/11/2013, 05:40 PM
You are incorrect and need to do some research. Full Auto firearms are no longer allowed to be registered (Since 1986) but registered ones are transferably in fact Oklahoma has many legally owned machinge guns. Flame throwers are also legal and AFAI require less paperwork than Full Auto. The reason we resisted more legislation is we never get anything given back. Machine guns are not a problem because of the paper work you go through to get them, weeds out crazies but I am not willing to risk that for other firearms because the door can be slammed on registering them just like FA weapons. A "construcitve converstion" would involve gun owners getting something they want. Again do some research and see if anything is being offered. I don't have to asked the government's permission before I sell my personal property why should that change? Shoot FA is legal in NH and they have public machine gun shoots! OMG how many have died! Probably none. Again go do some real research on what is legal and not then come back. If want to buy a flame thrower look below.
30 Round mags are great for the range, I want to spend my time I am paying for shooting not reloading mags. I am carefull with my stuff so don't punish me for some one else's evil. Sometimes I think we should out law cars after all hard to commit crimes when you have to ride the bus.

http://flamethrowerexpert.com/broke.html

nutinbutdust
1/11/2013, 06:05 PM
http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/01/im_british_and_piers_morgan_is_damn_wrong.html#.UP BzGlgNhSY.twitter

great article here

thanks jk, that was a great article.

C&CDean
1/11/2013, 06:11 PM
You are incorrect and need to do some research. Full Auto firearms are no longer allowed to be registered (Since 1986) but registered ones are transferably in fact Oklahoma has many legally owned machinge guns. Flame throwers are also legal and AFAI require less paperwork than Full Auto. The reason we resisted more legislation is we never get anything given back. Machine guns are not a problem because of the paper work you go through to get them, weeds out crazies but I am not willing to risk that for other firearms because the door can be slammed on registering them just like FA weapons. A "construcitve converstion" would involve gun owners getting something they want. Again do some research and see if anything is being offered. I don't have to asked the government's permission before I sell my personal property why should that change? Shoot FA is legal in NH and they have public machine gun shoots! OMG how many have died! Probably none. Again go do some real research on what is legal and not then come back. If want to buy a flame thrower look below.
30 Round mags are great for the range, I want to spend my time I am paying for shooting not reloading mags. I am carefull with my stuff so don't punish me for some one else's evil. Sometimes I think we should out law cars after all hard to commit crimes when you have to ride the bus.

Never confuse a flaming liberal with a flamethrower.

C&CDean
1/11/2013, 06:17 PM

great article here

[east coast liberal]I can find statistics that dispute this person with a 5-second google search[/east coast liberal]

Yeah, it's been said so many times we don't even hear it anymore - "when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns."

Good link Jon.

jk the sooner fan
1/11/2013, 06:23 PM
a really good video on crime stats

the one point he brings up that amazes me - is that we have a 50% drop in violent crime in this country and nobody is taking credit for it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ooa98FHuaU0

C&CDean
1/11/2013, 06:24 PM
a really good video on crime stats

the one point he brings up that amazes me - is that we have a 50% drop in violent crime in this country and nobody is taking credit for it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ooa98FHuaU0

Facts. Libs hate em'.

BigTip
1/11/2013, 06:51 PM
Facts. Libs hate em'.

This statement reads like a bumper sticker but the sad fact is that it is so very true.

BigTip
1/11/2013, 06:55 PM

great article here

Why do I swell up, smile, and want to shout, "Take THAT!" to all the bleeding heart, knee jerk, fact impaired, liberal weenies?

East Coast Bias
1/11/2013, 08:33 PM

So you can't register an FA built after 1986, but you can own a pre-model if you want to deal with the paperwork and a class 3 license? And yes you were right about the flamethrower, thank God RPG's and dirty bombs are still out of reach. You are okay with that, right?
I get the gist of your argument is all about someone taking away anykind of weapon, because the gov can eliminate registration, etc. I said early on I am not for taking away the guns, just want to check everyone out to limit the crazies.
There is a lot of noise here about gun shows and I realize there are a lot of licensed dealers that sell through gun shows and perform background checks.However, the ATF says 40% of sales at gun shows are unregistered and gun shows are the second leading source of crime weapons.
When terrorists tell their groups to buy weapons through gun shows that should be a red flag. I am sure you saw the story, don't need the link. I'm just saying we should discuss some of these things and I am pretty sure it will come to this soon.Keep your weapons, lets talk. Is that really a liberal position? BTW I will check out the machine gun tour here in New Hampshire, at least they are on the other side of the state. No one popping tommies off in my neighborhood...

lubbocksooner
1/11/2013, 09:19 PM
, thank God RPG's and dirty bombs are still out of reach. You are okay with that, right?

Wrong once again. Follow the link to see what you can buy the RPG requires a stamp and if you could find it for sale and registered each grenade would require a stamp. The same would be required of any of the 40mm grenades or mortars on that site. Any kind of radiological is not an argument they don't go away and kill just by exposure. I figured you were being facetious about that?http://www.autoweapons.com/products/destructivedevices.html

I said early on I am not for taking away the guns,

You may not be but too many are to risk it. Look at the UK and other places

the ATF says 40% of sales at gun shows are unregistered and gun shows are the second leading source of crime weapons.

Just because the ATF says it does not make it true. Remember no sales are "registered" right now. After the background check goes through the info is not stored permanently whether or not this is a good or bad thing is up for debate.

I'm just saying we should discuss some of these things and I am pretty sure it will come to this soon.Keep your weapons, lets talk.

I don't have any problem talking but again talking involves both parties getting something in return. How would you feel about the machine gun registry being reopened permanently in return for background checks on all transactions at a "gunshot" but not private transfers outside of them?

Is that really a liberal position?

To me yes, but I am admittedly fairly conservative

BTW I will check out the machine gun tour here in New Hampshire, at least they are on the other side of the state. No one popping tommies off in my neighborhood...

Have fun it is a hoot, I tried to buy a BAR one time but I missed it by a hair. That is as close as I have come to actually owning one. I will probably buy a suppressor though, way too many coyotes here. Also when looking at the prices for FA remember that before the registry a FA M-16 was not that much more expensive than its semi-auto counterpart. Uzi's and stuff like that was much cheaper. True military hardware like the 40mm launcher will always be expensive. Shoot I have even seen a GE mini-gun that has been registered, there are pictures of it at the Knob Creek machine gun shoot.

soonercruiser
1/11/2013, 10:28 PM
"Guns for everyone"!!!!!
:surprise:

nutinbutdust
1/11/2013, 10:52 PM
"Guns for everyone"!!!!!
:surprise:

Hell in Vermont they are talking about registering or taxing people who dont own guns. Vermont 's constitution states explicitly that "the people have a right to bear arms for the defense of themselves and the State" and those persons who are "conscientiously scrupulous of bearing arms" shall be required to "pay such equivalent." Clearly, says Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack , Vermonters have a constitutional obligation to arm themselves, so that they are capable of responding to "any situation that may arise."

BigTip
1/11/2013, 11:22 PM
Hell in Vermont they are talking about registering or taxing people who dont own guns. Vermont 's constitution states explicitly that "the people have a right to bear arms for the defense of themselves and the State" and those persons who are "conscientiously scrupulous of bearing arms" shall be required to "pay such equivalent." Clearly, says Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack , Vermonters have a constitutional obligation to arm themselves, so that they are capable of responding to "any situation that may arise."
That's almost what Switzerland does.

East Coast Bias
1/12/2013, 07:38 AM
Have fun it is a hoot, I tried to buy a BAR one time but I missed it by a hair. That is as close as I have come to actually owning one. I will probably buy a suppressor though, way too many coyotes here. Also when looking at the prices for FA remember that before the registry a FA M-16 was not that much more expensive than its semi-auto counterpart. Uzi's and stuff like that was much cheaper. True military hardware like the 40mm launcher will always be expensive. Shoot I have even seen a GE mini-gun that has been registered, there are pictures of it at the Knob Creek machine gun shoot.

I don't see much difference in a tommie gun or a modern FA, but I am sure there are some. If they used the same process for all FA, I doubt there would be a rush to buy. What are your thoughts?
I am not excited about exempting private transfers, but on the other hand I agree the government doesn't have to be a part of everything. Why not make all gun show sales require a full universal background check? That still doesn't address the internet,how you sell your guns to your neighbor, etc.
It might however slow down those looking for a gun without the background check. What you get is making it a little tougher for the crazies and what do you really give up? The law-abiders go on buying guns from the same people in the same manner.
I think what would help is more assurance from the politicians that they would not confiscate guns and from the gun crowd what would they like to see done.Fair enought?
As more of these events happen there is likely to be more outrage and outcry for action, I don't think this is going away soon...

lubbocksooner
1/12/2013, 08:39 AM
I don't see much difference in a tommie gun or a modern FA, but I am sure there are some. If they used the same process for all FA,

Correct no real difference in function.

I doubt there would be a rush to buy. What are your thoughts?

Yes, if the registery were reopened prices would come down dramatically and buying would pick up. I would probably get me a short barreled one of some kind.
I am not excited about exempting private transfers, but on the other hand I agree the government doesn't have to be a part of everything.
Why not make all gun show sales require a full universal background check? That still doesn't address the internet,how you sell your guns to your neighbor, etc.

Interenet sales must be transfered through a FFL license unless the firearm is an antique (made before 1898 I think) some states even require a check for those. Obviously face to face local buying/selling would not be covered. In the rare event I sell a firearm it is usually to someone I know well failing that I want to see a concealed hangun license. I probably would not sell to anyone with out one that assures me they have been vetted so to speak

I think what would help is more assurance from the politicians that they would not confiscate guns and from the gun crowd what would they like to see done.Fair enought?

There can never be an assurance of ANYTHING from a politician. Eventuall someone will want money for home projects to ge reelected and things will be back on the table. We have seen it too many times and not just for firearms. Do you disagree with that?

As more of these events happen there is likely to be more outrage and outcry for action, I don't think this is going away soon...
[/B]
[B]It is easy to say that because you stand to loose nothing, not so easy for those of use that do. I work in healthcare and see lots of people come through the EC who should not be out in public but there is no money to keep them locked up plus the justice system won't allow it. Most of the mass shooting are by the mentally unhinged as far as I know. We should work that angle first

BigTip
1/12/2013, 03:25 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/540822_317863711663475_1278613669_n.jpg

East Coast Bias
1/12/2013, 03:42 PM
[B]It is easy to say that because you stand to loose nothing, not so easy for those of use that do. I work in healthcare and see lots of people come through the EC who should not be out in public but there is no money to keep them locked up plus the justice system won't allow it. Most of the mass shooting are by the mentally unhinged as far as I know. We should work that angle first
I agree with what you are saying here, we should definitely work on the mentally unhinged to start with. I did not realize a lot of these people have been set free from the system,so to speak. This probably varies from state to state but is surely part of the problem.
My wife is a high school teacher and has reported students who seem to be the type, based on their actions and rarely anything comes from this. Ocassionally they will be observed by the administration, yet nothing seems to change.
I agree with your take on the politicians, they are willing to do anything to get votes,under the table money or political favors. They come into office with a million dollars,come out with 50 million and where did that come from?
I just thing there is too much extreme behavior on both sides that doesn't help get things done. The gunners are afraid someone is coming to get their guns and the left thinks the government can fix this.