PDA

View Full Version : NEWS FLASH: Stoops says Sooners outchached & outplated 2H

Sooner70
1/6/2013, 02:13 PM
According to the Houston Chronicle today......

"Coach Sumlin and his staff totally outplayed us, and outcoached us, the second half, " Sooners coach Bob Stoops said of A&M outscoring OU 27-0 over the final two quarters (of the Cotton Bowl game Jan 4).

Wow. How insightful but nevertheless apparently completely correct.

Wonder if Bob ever gets tired of having to say this kind of stuff after these kind of games? More importantly, wonder if/what he's gonna do to change all that?

Sooner70
1/6/2013, 02:16 PM
Sorry, my spelling ain't too good, and I'm still kinda not seeing too good.

They were probably outchached & outplated also

birddog
1/6/2013, 04:31 PM
if someone wants to take a look back at past interviews i think you'll find stoops says that after EVERY loss we've had over the last few years. always outcoached. why?

cvsooner
1/6/2013, 06:08 PM
No, according to our fanbase, Bob never says that after a loss. He always throws the players under the bus. Or so I remember reading. Both untrue, but there it is. Sometimes you just get whipped.

C'mon, people, you think Bob doesn't know there's something --maybe several somethings-- that aren't the way he wants them? I can assure you that he does. The question is, what does he do about it? And when is it effective?

We weren't the only ones who got embarrassed in our bowl game, and we sure weren't the only ones who got totally decimated by the play of Johnny Manziel and his O-line.

We had a pretty good gameplan, based on our personnel and shortcomings...which is why we were only down by a point at the half. We should have had a lead...but didn't. Even still, starting the second half, it was clear that we had to score every time we had the ball to have a chance. The first three and out wasn't too bad, the second hurt and the third was a killer. They scored on 90 yard drives following our first two 3&outs, and you could just see the spirit of the team evaporate. It's clear that whatever 'it' is that you have to have to consistently field a championship caliber team, 'it' is missing. We'll get it back. It will take longer than most here expect...Saban and Bama are on an incredible run, playing for national titles three times in four years...kinda like us in 2000-2004. We'll get back there. Bob will make the necessary changes and there will be some coaching changes, better players in key positions.

Whether we'll ever get over being horribly spoiled is another matter. It's been this way since the 1950s. Hell, when I was in school in the early 70s, people used to complain that Switzer wasn't beating people badly enough...

Soonerjeepman
1/6/2013, 08:35 PM
well, the one suggestion I have for Stoops, is DON'T hire non-qualified FRIENDS because they played on your pee-wee team, jr high team, hs team or college team.

Yeah I know, I don't $hit about it all...but that is my 2 cents worth.

TUSooner
1/6/2013, 09:21 PM
Sorry, my spelling ain't too good, and I'm still kinda not seeing too good.

They were probably outchached & outplated also
I was gonna say we can get new plates pretty easy but I'm not sure where we can get a decent new chach.