PDA

View Full Version : Stills and Jefferson

sussudio
1/6/2013, 12:19 PM
Entering 2013 draft per Joe Schad

TahoeSOONER
1/6/2013, 12:20 PM
Well ****, good luck guys and thanks for the memories!

Collier11
1/6/2013, 12:26 PM
expected if true, Colvin and Millard will be back I think

sussudio
1/6/2013, 12:46 PM
expected if true, Colvin and Millard will be back I think
I hope so...

cvsooner
1/6/2013, 01:28 PM
Jefferson tweeted yesterday: 'Woah just landed and got all these tweets about me leaving lol. Who said this? I haven't even done the necessary steps to decide for myself' and followed that with 'SMH guys I promise I will let you guys know when I decide. But as of now, I'm nowhere near deciding.'

So there's that.

Mamoux
1/6/2013, 01:59 PM
Good luck

SoonerMarkVA
1/6/2013, 04:57 PM
Either way. Great if they stay. Hope the best for them if they leave.

birddog
1/6/2013, 05:04 PM
they should talk to broyles about the business side of football and not actually playing football. lions fans and critics have said repeatedly that broyles should nver have been drafted, eventhough he is the all-time leader in receptions. 100 yrs of football has been played before ryan stole petro.

cherokeebrewer
1/6/2013, 05:25 PM
100 yrs of football has been played before ryan stole petro.

Ryan's been a stand up guy since that happened. Maybe it's time to remove that albatross...

OUbasketball4life
1/6/2013, 06:19 PM
Best of luck to both of them I hope they both do well at the next level.

It seems that Jaz Reynolds hasn't been mentioned lately. Won't he be a senior and eligible for his final year?

VA Sooner
1/6/2013, 10:40 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/8818238/oklahoma-sooners-tony-jefferson-kenny-stills-nfl-draft-source-says

Wonder who their source is and have they talked to Jefferson lately.

goingoneight
1/7/2013, 12:29 AM
"Source" = made up bull**** they can hang their hat on if they're right. If they really had insight (balls), they'd name their source (which is their own egos).

Reminds me of their "sources" who said Sam, Jermaine and GK were all leaving right after the loss to Florida.

sooneron
1/7/2013, 09:31 AM
Jefferson tweeted yesterday: 'Woah just landed and got all these tweets about me leaving lol. Who said this? I haven't even done the necessary steps to decide for myself' and followed that with 'SMH guys I promise I will let you guys know when I decide. But as of now, I'm nowhere near deciding.'

So there's that.

Is that multiple tweets? Because that is well over the character limit. 124, to be exact.

yermom
1/7/2013, 10:24 AM
yep, two tweets

https://twitter.com/tonyjefferson1

thecrimsoncrusader
1/7/2013, 10:32 AM
Best of luck to both of them I hope they both do well at the next level.

It seems that Jaz Reynolds hasn't been mentioned lately. Won't he be a senior and eligible for his final year?

Yep, we can only assume he is doing what is necessary since he is still on the team. He could be really useful next season if Metoyer and Neal don't pan out (they're unknowns at this point). At least OU has a great starting point with Shepard and Saunders next season.

sooneron
1/7/2013, 11:19 AM
I don't really see Metoyer not panning out. He would have to become a major practice loafer for that to happen.

SoonerNomad
1/7/2013, 11:32 AM
I wonder what they're hearing about their draft status. Jefferson is at best a 2nd rounder and Stills lower than that. I think they should stay. I would like them to stay because the team will be better if they stay. I would stay if I were them.

If they go I wish them luck and will root for them to succeed.

But I hope they stay. Did I mention that?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/7/2013, 11:35 AM
I don't really see Metoyer not panning out. He would have to become a major practice loafer for that to happen.

If he wasn't injured, he really took some steps back during the season. All of his snaps at the end of the season went to Neal and Neal has been tackled by yard lines more than opposing players.

sooneron
1/7/2013, 11:58 AM
I think there was some sort of "tweak" behind the scenes. I could be very wrong tho.

flysooner9
1/7/2013, 12:23 PM
Stills needs to learn how to not drop passes before he goes pro. How many drops did he have the second half of the season? I know he made some big plays like the WV game but I don't think he's nfl caliber yet.

OkieThunderLion
1/7/2013, 12:25 PM
If he wasn't injured, he really took some steps back during the season. All of his snaps at the end of the season went to Neal and Neal has been tackled by yard lines more than opposing players.
They were playing in tandem, on the 3rd drive of both halves, for a while. Metoyer 'X', Neal 'Z'. I think Neal got some run vs A&M just because Brown needed a breather.

goingoneight
1/7/2013, 12:48 PM
Metoyer so far is just a young guy who got passed on the depth chart by experience. He's not a lost cause. Nor is Neal, though Neal is a bit of a head-scratcher. He looked like a can't miss slot receiver in all of his high school highlights and this season he suffered a bit of the Kejuan Jones/Trey Franks- "trips over those white lines on the field" syndrome. Hopefully the game slows down for him because his HS film is identical to Broyles/Saunders/Clayton's style as a possession WR.

cvsooner
1/7/2013, 01:45 PM
Is that multiple tweets? Because that is well over the character limit. 124, to be exact.

Stills needs to learn how to not drop passes before he goes pro. How many drops did he have the second half of the season? I know he made some big plays like the WV game but I don't think he's nfl caliber yet.

Stills has the potential to be very good and he seems to be working at it. I know I was frustrated this season by seeing the number of catches he made where he didn't attempt to move the ball past the point of reception, frequently just heading on out of bounds. He did make the catch though. Just a number of times he had room for more yards if he plowed on through, but seemed reluctant to take it.

Good blocker. Fairly good hands, willing to fight for the ball at times. Clearly not a first round pick or even second round. I can see him waiting until the third or later rounds.

Honestly, as it stands right now, either Colvin or Jefferson have the highest status and Colvin indicated some disappointment at his projection. I just don't see either of them going earlier than second round at best. Our defensive woes this year didn't do them any favors.

At the same time, looking at where the team stands, I can see Stills leaving because I just don't see us being as pass happy next year, and Jefferson and Colvin leaving because as it looks right now, they're just going to get burned again and again, until we have an adequate DL and LBs.

sooneron
1/7/2013, 02:50 PM
I see Stills leaving more for the reason of not getting constantly drilled when there's no paycheck involved. That's nothing about his character (I like the kid), but when you're his size and you're taking shots, leave for the $ when it appears to be the apex of your college career has just passed is the smart move.