PDA

View Full Version : Django

StoopTroup
1/5/2013, 09:45 PM
Anyone see this one? I'm watching Desparado right now and Rewatched Pulp Fiction the other day. So we're headed to see Quentin's New Movie.

I guess after seeing an a$$ whoopin' last night...I guess I'm up to see another tonight.

Soonerjeepman
1/5/2013, 09:50 PM
friends said it was good...lots of violence and the "n " word if that matters.

SicEmBaylor
1/5/2013, 09:54 PM
I will definitely not watch that damned movie. Gives me chills up my spine...

StoopTroup
1/5/2013, 10:05 PM
If Samuel Jackson can get through all the "N" words being used...so can I.

StoopTroup
1/5/2013, 10:08 PM
I've seen a guy get hit with a branding iron once. A whipping is definitely bad but watching that guy go into immediate shock from the iron was right up there with messed up things that Drunk Guys shouldn't think they can do. :D

yermom
1/6/2013, 12:40 AM
saw it tonight. not Tarantino's best work, but it was worth seeing.

finally saw Lincoln the other day, i thought it was funny to see Boyd Crowder in both

StoopTroup
1/6/2013, 01:56 AM
I agree Yermom. All the hype about language...I heard worse growing up. I thought the whipping scene would be more dramatic after watching the interviews that QT and Foxx did about the movie. Leo was really good and the Dentist was even better.

All in all...Tarantino did a Western where a Black Guy in 1858 found a Friend that didn't believe in Slavery and believed in Love.

GDC
1/6/2013, 02:14 AM

finally saw Lincoln the other day, i thought it was funny to see Boyd Crowder in both

New season of Justified starts Tuesday...

yermom
1/6/2013, 02:16 AM
word.

badger
1/7/2013, 09:17 AM
If RG3's knee popping in funny directions during yesterday's playoff game made me queasy, not sure how I'd do with a movie with a severe whipping scene :(

hawaii 5-0
1/7/2013, 09:27 AM

I still think of Shane from the Shield series,

5-0

yermom
1/7/2013, 09:49 AM
If RG3's knee popping in funny directions during yesterday's playoff game made me queasy, not sure how I'd do with a movie with a severe whipping scene :(

whipping is the least of your problems in this flick

badger
1/7/2013, 10:41 AM
whipping is the least of your problems in this flick

While I enjoyed seeing the Nazis get killed in Basterds, I just am not ready to hear a movie utter the N-word repeatedly. Am I being hypocritical in that regard? I dunno, but I guess I get to decide how to spend my movie-going dollars, and we decided on Wreck-It Ralph instead.

(it was awesome, btw)

yermom
1/7/2013, 10:50 AM
black people on a plantation in 1858 called n*gger? how controversial.

C&CDean
1/7/2013, 12:24 PM
black people on a plantation in 1858 called n*gger? how controversial.

If it was a Mel Gibson flick all you lefties would be in a racist-hating tizzy and be protesting to deport Mel back down under. Don't deny it.

SoonerorLater
1/7/2013, 12:52 PM
While I enjoyed seeing the Nazis get killed in Basterds, I just am not ready to hear a movie utter the N-word repeatedly. Am I being hypocritical in that regard? I dunno, but I guess I get to decide how to spend my movie-going dollars, and we decided on Wreck-It Ralph instead.

(it was awesome, btw)

I'm with you. Never understood the fascination directors have with coarseness and profanity. The argument I hear most often is because this is the way people talk. What people? I'm out and about all the time and I never hear any conversations that sound like a Tarantino movie. Do they think they have use the F or N word to drive a dramatic point across? It doesn't offend me so much as it just annoys me.

yermom
1/7/2013, 12:54 PM
If it was a Mel Gibson flick all you lefties would be in a racist-hating tizzy and be protesting to deport Mel back down under. Don't deny it.

Mel Gibson goes off in real life.

this is a bunch of slave traders getting shot to **** in some slave reparation revenge fantasy movie

TahoeSOONER
1/7/2013, 01:00 PM
Good movie, really holds your attention for such a long flick. Just be sure not to laugh at some of the comments at the wrong time. It's funny at times and you could find yourself laughing at the humor in the wrong time.

Turd_Ferguson
1/7/2013, 02:23 PM
How many movies over the last 20 years that have black people in them haven't used the word "******" repeatedly?

yermom
1/7/2013, 03:00 PM
this isn't like that. people are buying, selling, torturing and killing slaves. calling them n*ggers is the least of their worries.

the Jew hunter from Basterds is the dentist. he's pretty badass.

Tarantino has hardly spared the N-word though. Marcellus Wallace called the white people working for him n*ggers in Pulp Fiction. of course, then there was the missing sign on his house too.

badger
1/7/2013, 03:21 PM
In this case, the n-word is a turn off for me, but for movies in general, profanity is overused to the point of it being a distraction and downright silly. It reminds me of playing M-rated video games online. Some 5-year-old got it because his parents don't know what "M" means so now the rest of us adult players have to listen to 5-year-old try to sound tough/older/cool by dropping the f-bomb and calling everyone "b!tch" repeatedly.

Bourbon St Sooner
1/7/2013, 05:50 PM
Tarantino definitely likes him some curse werds in them movies. So what? I think he's original and comes up with some interesting concepts for movies, unlike most of the **** you get out of Hollywood these days.

Wait, did I curse?

yermom
1/7/2013, 06:25 PM
he borrows a lot from other areas, just has a fresh take on some things that no one else is doing right now, or anymore.

he mimics stuff he liked as a kid, etc... and he's gotten enough of a rep that he gets to put some of those people like Pam Grier, David Carradine and Sonny Chiba in his movies, or the original Django in this one

BigTip
1/7/2013, 07:00 PM
I'm with you. Never understood the fascination directors have with coarseness and profanity. The argument I hear most often is because this is the way people talk. What people? I'm out and about all the time and I never hear any conversations that sound like a Tarantino movie.

I'm just guessing here, but I bet you are not a drug dealer or a slave owner, so you are out and about with the "wrong" crowd.

But I agree. I cuss as much as the next guy. But I get tired of it too. Especially with the comedians these days.

WA. Sooner
1/8/2013, 09:18 AM
watch a cable comic show it will say ****** over and over. Shaq had one on and kept calling them bitch ******

picasso
1/12/2013, 04:11 PM
Tarantino definitely likes him some curse werds in them movies. So what? I think he's original and comes up with some interesting concepts for movies, unlike most of the **** you get out of Hollywood these days.

Wait, did I curse?
He's good on dialogue but the Django is just his version of the spaghetti western. He even kiped the title.