PDA

View Full Version : Another Winter of OUr Discontent Looms...

ouwasp
1/5/2013, 08:18 PM
Last yr it had three distinct causes:
OU's late-season swoon
OSU Big 12 championship/near MNC appearance
An abundance of misfit players being bounced

But we fans could look fwd to 2012 because Landry was coming back and M. Stoops was returning to the fold.

Now we face another surly off-season. Here are some reasons:
The D was pitiful for a big part of the season. In the bowl game, the offense joined them.
Recruiting is not setting many pulse rates to racing.
Are there any Sooner players that have any sort of leadership charisma?
Other reasons?

Reasons for optimism?
I'd like to think if the Sooner coaches are half as competitive as portrayed, then they will seek meaningful fixes.
The schedule sets up nicely for a run, imo.
The D simply has to improve, by default if for no other reason.
Other reasons?

SoonerinSouthlake
1/5/2013, 08:23 PM
All I know that in 2007(I think..it was AD an ENA)after the OU Texas game that we lost ...my buddy and I are sitting flipping through our Rivals commitments trying to find some hope for the future... We found nothing

Low and behold Sam Bradford and DeMarco Murray come out of nowhere

I have a lot of faith in this administration and this coaching staff they will find another superstar or two or three

Plexis22
1/5/2013, 08:25 PM
There certainly won't be any hype for next season, which may be good thing for fan expectations. I don't think the defense can be any worse than this season.

Soonerjeepman
1/5/2013, 08:32 PM
yeah, I'm not puttin any expectation nor believing the hype IF we are ranked somewhere. I do think 4/5 off line come back...that is a good..all the backfield, good fr receivers...the D was pretty bad anyways and we lose a lot so that might be a good thing.

yermom
1/6/2013, 12:26 AM
we'll know what's up pretty early on with the Notre Dame trip

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/6/2013, 12:31 AM
lock it!