PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to guess next yrs starters?

Soonerjeepman
1/5/2013, 03:15 PM
QB -

O Line - (is Evans getting a med redshirt?)

Receivers - Even if Stills goes I think we are pretty good

LBrs - ?

D Line - lose everyone

D backs - (Hurts, Harris, prob Jefferson, maybe Colvin)** oops, just revisit this, these guys are gone.

Kickers - Way/O'Hara gone.

OU_Sooners75
1/5/2013, 03:24 PM
QB- Trevor Knight
RB- Damien Williams/Keith Ford/Alex Ross
FB- Trey Millard
WR- Trey Metoyer
Slot- Shepard
WR- Saunders
OL-not sure at this point in time.

The defense ill do later. We will be having a high turnover on the D next season.

EatLeadCommie
1/5/2013, 03:48 PM
I see we have Quincy Russell, Matt Dimon, DJ Ward, and Ogbonnia Okoronkwo committed next year as defensive linemen. Do any of them apart from Russell (who is a JUCO) have immediate starter potential?

8timechamps
1/5/2013, 03:50 PM
QB- Bell/Knight - won't know until at least the late summer which one will take over.

RB - Clay/Williams/Ross - Keith Ford may challenge for some time, but I'm not sure he'll come in and beat out the guys ahead of him.

WR - Neal

WR - Metoyer

SWR - Saunders/Shepard

OL - All returners except Lane Johnson

We bring back almost all of our offense (I'm assuming Stills to the NFL, if not, obviously he'll be in there). The biggest question is who will be the QB. I also assume Millard to the NFL (again, if not he's obviously a starter).

Like 75 said above, I'll come back to the defense later...there will be a lot of new faces.

EDIT: Yes, Evans will be back next year.

8timechamps
1/5/2013, 03:51 PM
I see we have Quincy Russell, Matt Dimon, DJ Ward, and Ogbonnia Okoronkwo committed next year as defensive linemen. Do any of them apart from Russell (who is a JUCO) have immediate starter potential?

Russell is the only one with immediate impact kind of ability. Kerrick Huggins (A&M decommitt and high school senior) will also have starting potential. The other guys should see spot duty their first year.

soonercastor
1/5/2013, 03:53 PM
Millard should declare for the draft.

8timechamps
1/5/2013, 03:54 PM
Millard should declare for the draft.

I'd be surprised if he didn't. I thought that prior to last night's game too.

Mjcpr
1/5/2013, 03:57 PM
Millard said last night after the game that he was returning.

soonercastor
1/5/2013, 03:59 PM

well that's great news for OU but idk wtf he's thinking.

aurorasooner
1/5/2013, 04:22 PM
Millard should declare for the draft. Our coaches were quite good at moving players around during the Stoop's glory years (early 2000s). Seems like Millard would/could be a quality TE and that would increase his NFL draft status over his position as a fullback/H back/blocking back. Maybe even an excellent LB or DE (the guy appears to be a beast on KO coverage). Maybe Millard is hell-bent on being a backfield player/running back, I don't really know. He was definitely under-utilized this year, and that probably wouldn't change if he was willing to move to TE.
As for Stills, imo he hasn't got a chance in hell of making an NFL team next year, if last night was any indication. I still can't believe he just flat dropped that beautiful throw for a sure TD from Landry. Maybe the CFL or the arena league (if they're still playing), though.

jk the sooner fan
1/5/2013, 04:33 PM

full backs dont typically get drafted high anway -i read where his draft stock was predicted somewhere between rounds 3 and 6 - that's really not much to come out for - he can get his degree, he obviously enjoys college life and college football

coming back wasn't a horrible decision

Soonerjeepman
1/5/2013, 05:01 PM

no doubt...I'm guessing he won't get any more attention next yr (from our off) crap they preached all that THIS yr and still didn't get the touches he needed...in my HUMBLE opinion.

Soonerjeepman
1/5/2013, 05:03 PM
full backs dont typically get drafted high anway -i read where his draft stock was predicted somewhere between rounds 3 and 6 - that's really not much to come out for - he can get his degree, he obviously enjoys college life and college football

coming back wasn't a horrible decision

true on the draft part, BUT his body takes a beating every game and thus less time in the pros...or a chance of injury now. He can always finish his degree, or even at night or summers...all kinds of options.

Soonerjeepman
1/5/2013, 05:04 PM
EDIT: Yes, Evans will be back next year.

great news, thanks

Mac94
1/5/2013, 05:07 PM

A number of Longhorns went into a fetal position upon hearing this news. ;)

OkieThunderLion
1/5/2013, 05:08 PM
Millard got a very late draft projection back from NFL advisory board. He also probably like that OU will be going to more of a ground-oriented offense next year. Stills is likely gone though.

Soonerjeepman
1/5/2013, 05:11 PM
OU will be going to more of a ground-oriented offense next year.

why can't we do both? :disillusionment:

rock on sooner
1/5/2013, 05:19 PM
Stills can stay or go...his draft position will be the same this year as
next... a second or third rounder at best. Millard staying is good for
us and him. He doesn't have an extensive body of work and one more
year will really help him, imo...

SoonerofAlabama
1/5/2013, 05:58 PM
Stills and Jefferson are leaving according to Cortez Johnson and Durron Neal's twitters.

VA Sooner
1/5/2013, 06:20 PM
Jefferson wasn't the same impact player he was last year or beginning of this year... his high ankle-sprain was affecting him a lot more than he let on.

Stills won't change his draft stock. Surprised Millard is coming back but probably wanting to enjoy the last year of his college life and get his degree.

I thought Saunders was a senior?

cherokeebrewer
1/5/2013, 06:46 PM
I thought Saunders was a senior?

You might be thinking about Justin Brown

MI Sooner
1/5/2013, 07:27 PM
I assume Millard couldn't hurt his stock much as a FB by switching positions. I know it has been awhile since he played LB in HS, but he's exactly the type of athlete we're missing at LB. Also, LBs get drafted much higher. I doubt he needs much practice at FB, so I'd love for us to try him out at MLB in spring.

I Am Right
1/5/2013, 07:31 PM
Not Jones!!!

Mjcpr
1/5/2013, 08:16 PM
Other than defense, I think I saw Millard on every team we have. He's valuable and maybe he will get more of a showcase next year when we run the ball more.

Mac94
1/5/2013, 08:18 PM
Any idea on the front seven depth on defense?

I Am Right
1/5/2013, 09:08 PM
Next year Millard plays QB, RB, WR, DB, yet for some unexplained reason Josh decides not to give him the ball!

Soonerjeepman
1/5/2013, 09:47 PM
lol...that was good..