PDA

View Full Version : I didn't even watch the game

TUSooner
1/5/2013, 01:38 PM
I didn't INTEND not to watch, and I did watch the first few minutes at a local beer palace. But then we had to go to a few places (Mrs TU driving, thank you). And as I followed the decay of Sooner hopes on the iThingy, I decided not to turn the TV on when I got home around the 27-13 mark. I knew I'd only hear "SEC SEC" and "Johnny Football" and see my Sooners soil their diapers on national TV yet again. I heard the ESPN ditty on my phone a couple more times: at 34-13, and at 41-13, then it was over, and I didn't even grind my teeth or yell at the TV.

I feel pretty much like all Sooner fans:

"Mostly" beating a line-up of patsies each season and "often" winning the increasingly irrelevant Big-Not-Even-12 conference is no consolation for consistently ending our season with an embarrassing failure on the national stage. If the players and coaches can't invest their emotions in fighting and winning, why should I waste my emotions on them? When the going gets tough, the Sooners quit, and -- because i had no control over what happened on the field -- I quit too. Of course, I'll be back in August, but these Januaries are a b!tch.