PDA

View Full Version : Retiring my account on here....

Soonermagik
1/5/2013, 12:17 AM
Well.. the time has come. Oh.. I'm sure some of you will doubt me, some will be apathetic to my departure and some will post the Well Bye... pics. It's been a fun ride, but it's over for me. I'm moving on from college football and I'm not leaving bitter just disappointed. I just wish people here would honestly examine what Stoops has done on big stages, but most won't. I will be cursed for calling a spade a spade and I'm fine with that. The last time coach Stoops and his staff have won a big bowl game (National Title win against FSU) was when JNCO jeans were trendy, I was at prom and was prior to the world trade center attack... let that sink in. He and his staff have lost every single big bowl match-up: USC, Florida, West Virginia, LSU, Boise State, Texas A&M etc.. lost them all. Ask yourself this.. when was the last big bowl game this guy won a big bowl game? 13 years ago is the only answer.

Bob Stoops is complacent and will hang is hat on a good season and winning the Big 12 again. Heck, they might give him another raise for co-winning the big 12. I will save you the money and hassle... Stoops will continue to win between 9-11 games and dropping big bowl games and his cheerleaders will point to his big 12 titles to make themselves feel better. He's not leaving, he built that castle in Norman and has a massive check coming in. Just win the games he's supposed to in the Big 12 and he can keep his brother, his best friend staff and appoint former players to positions they have no business in. You can say I'm bailing on the team or whatever, but things won't change until Stoops and his staff leaves. The bowl track record speaks for itself and validates my position. It's just not fun anymore and that's why I became a fan. I've made a commitment to several people that I would step away and I have vowed not to watched any more OU games in 2013. Please know I've been a loyal fan for years, but the time to support the same ole routine for the last decade plus is getting old.

In closing, thanks to everyone on here who here who was cool to me. I will miss the foul humor and lame jokes. I guess I will have more time for working out, traveling, new hobbies etc... I'm moving on and respectfully ask that the mods delete my account. They can also feel free to block my IP so I can't start a new acct .. an addict doesn't need a crack pipe near his bed.

SOONER44EVER
1/5/2013, 12:19 AM
So you're leaving the board because Stoops sucks? sad.

8timechamps
1/5/2013, 12:20 AM
Hate to see ya go Magik....even if we didn't agree about everything, we don't delete accounts, but we can make sure you can't use it again. But, you might have a second thought after things cool off, and you may want to come back and have some fart humor with us.

As always, this feeling will go away, just takes time.

StoopTroup
1/5/2013, 12:21 AM
Well.. the time has come. Oh.. I'm sure some of you will doubt me, some will be apathetic to my departure and some will post the Well Bye... pics. It's been a fun ride, but it's over for me. I'm moving on from college football and I'm not leaving bitter just disappointed. I just wish people here would honestly examine what Stoops has done on big stages, but most won't. I will be cursed for calling a spade a spade and I'm fine with that. The last time coach Stoops and his staff have won a big bowl game (National Title win against FSU) was when JNCO jeans were trendy, I was at prom and was prior to the world trade center attack... let that sink in. He and his staff have lost every single big bowl match-up: USC, Florida, West Virginia, LSU, Boise State, Texas A&M etc.. lost them all. Ask yourself this.. when was the last big bowl game this guy won a big bowl game? 13 years ago is the only answer.

Bob Stoops is complacent and will hang is hat on a good season and winning the Big 12 again. Heck, they might give him another raise for co-winning the big 12. I will save you the money and hassle... Stoops will continue to win between 9-11 games and dropping big bowl games and his cheerleaders will point to his big 12 titles to make themselves feel better. He's not leaving, he built that castle in Norman and has a massive check coming in. Just win the games he's supposed to in the Big 12 and he can keep his brother, his best friend staff and appoint former players to positions they have no business in. You can say I'm bailing on the team or whatever, but things won't change until Stoops and his staff leaves. The bowl track record speaks for itself and validates my position. It's just not fun anymore and that's why I became a fan. I've made a commitment to several people that I would step away and I have vowed not to watched any more OU games in 2013. Please know I've been a loyal fan for years, but the time to support the same ole routine for the last decade plus is getting old.

In closing, thanks to everyone on here who here who was cool to me. I will miss the foul humor and lame jokes. I guess I will have more time for working out, traveling, new hobbies etc... I'm moving on and respectfully ask that the mods delete my account. They can also feel free to block my IP so I can't start a new acct .. an addict doesn't need a crack pipe near his bed.

Take care Magik. I hope you spend the extra time enjoying life. I've cut back a few times and come back. I think sometimes...absence make the heart grow fonder. If you decide to never come back...it's cool. Sometimes a reset is needed too.

God Bless and take care.

ST

sooner KB
1/5/2013, 12:22 AM
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

SCOUT
1/5/2013, 12:24 AM
I thought Helander was no longer with us?

winout
1/5/2013, 12:25 AM
Ah c'mon, I'm one of the biggest critics out there, but Sooner football is just too much fun overall and at the same time so un-important in the grand scheme of things to leave over the losses. Trends come and go. CFB is very competitive and hopefully Stoops will adjust. All that said: FIRE MACK BROWN. His incompetency is holding us back.

MichiganSooner
1/5/2013, 12:29 AM
Does this mean someone moves off the Wait List and gets their butts in a seat every week?

Blue
1/5/2013, 12:29 AM
Ah c'mon, I'm one of the biggest critics out there, but Sooner football is just too much fun overall and at the same time so un-important in the grand scheme of things to leave over the losses. Trends come and go. CFB is very competitive and hopefully Stoops will adjust. All that said: FIRE MACK BROWN. His incompetency is holding us back.

Agree with all of this but one add on...Fire Bob Stoops.

BoulderSooner79
1/5/2013, 12:30 AM
I think I'll be moving on with you. I've been sports fan all my life and I used to follow whatever was in season. NFL, NBA, NHL, March madness and of course, college football. Over the years, I've slowly stop following sports by giving up one at time. I'm now left with just CFB and a little bit of NFL come playoff time. And each time I give up a sport, I gain back time to do other things in my life and it's been positive. I only follow CFB because of OU, but I need to follow the whole sport to understand how my team fits into the big picture. OU is not very exciting anymore and does not appear that it will be in the near future. Hard to think of giving it up since it gets so ingrained from being a student in the 70's during the Switzer era. But dang, I have a lot of other things to do on Saturdays. I wish everyone well - especially all those that gave me spek every once in a while (and p*ss on those that negged me. LOL). I could well come back renewed next fall as hope springs eternal, but I really hope I don't so as to get more hours of my life back (what's left of it).

olevetonahill
1/5/2013, 12:32 AM
Just to be clear. After a year of mostly positive experience, in which I had decided to become an Elite Sponsor, I started the Hollis Board, I had a 46,000 spek rating based on real spek not betting over two season and 1500 posts, in the last four weeks I can see this board is a place I don't want to be or patronize. There are two other boards which I believe have at least equivalent football knowledge without the abusive environment. I am taking my business elsewhere.

John W. Helander
President & CEO
GrayBox Services Ltd. &
eState Auction House Ltd.

MyT Oklahoma
1/5/2013, 12:33 AM
Sorry to see you go but take care.

SCOUT
1/5/2013, 12:33 AM
There you go. Thanks Vet!

colleyvillesooner
1/5/2013, 12:34 AM
Well, Bye.

Blue
1/5/2013, 12:35 AM
Well, Bye.

Yes. Serious Vag showing here. Suck it up fellas.

tooslow
1/5/2013, 12:35 AM
He and his staff have lost every single big bowl match-up: USC, Florida, West Virginia, LSU, Boise State, Texas A&M etc.. lost them all. Ask yourself this.. when was the last big bowl game this guy won a big bowl game? 13 years ago is the only answer.

I wouldn't include Boise State and West Virginia. If I did, I'd have to include the W over UConn. With your logic, the only big games are the game's he's lost. Besides, this year should be no surprise. I earned my red by telling people this years squad would be good, but not great. I predicted 3-4 losses, so they were on the better side of my prediction. Hell, people flamed the crap out if me, but who cares? Many people here are overly passionate and can't stand to hear anything derogatory, even if its the truth. Many of them will say they're "done" with OU after a tough season, but guess what? They're right back where they started from next season. I wouldn't leave the site. This is a good place to vent. Or better yet, to read the pumper's version of what happened after a loss. It's comical, at the least.

Tulsa_Fireman
1/5/2013, 12:36 AM
Are you taking your ball, too?

Because we're still playing.

SoonerLB
1/5/2013, 12:54 AM
Anti-depressants could be in order, just sayin' . . . . . ;)

aero
1/5/2013, 01:25 AM
Well, to those leaving, I wish you well and hope you return. Maybe I've missed a lot here as I haven't visited as much as usual. I've been a Sooner fan since my dad got me hooked in the late 60's/early 70's. Like many, I anxiously await each college football season and they always seem to pass too quickly. And also like many, my team usually doesn't make it to the big dance. So most years are not totally successful or enjoyable in my mind. But enjoyable because win or lose, I love the program. Maybe it's state pride. I'm sure that's part of it. But I've also found it's a good way to keep things level. Be a gracious winner. Take the losses with class. Appreciate people and their efforts. We all have warts. Sometimes things just seem perfect and sometimes nothing seems right but either way we have to keep on keeping on. Losing with your family is better than winning with strangers. It's great to have won than never won at all. It's great to be an Okie. Hope is a good thing and never lose it.
Good luck and hope to see you back some time. You're always welcome in my book.

SicEmBaylor
1/5/2013, 01:33 AM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YsL_Q_8XZNo/Td5zGu_gpRI/AAAAAAAAAzw/h_5TxAvcZKE/s1600/llama.jpg

soonercastor
1/5/2013, 01:34 AM
Just to be clear. After a year of mostly positive experience, in which I had decided to become an Elite Sponsor, I started the Hollis Board, I had a 46,000 spek rating based on real spek not betting over two season and 1500 posts, in the last four weeks I can see this board is a place I don't want to be or patronize. There are two other boards which I believe have at least equivalent football knowledge without the abusive environment. I am taking my business elsewhere.

John W. Helander
President & CEO
GrayBox Services Ltd. &

Taking your talents to South Beach?

rainiersooner
1/5/2013, 02:38 AM
What did we do??? I swear I wasn't playing in tonight's game!

Seriously, I get the idea of taking a mental break from OU football - I do that after every bad loss and when they come at the end of the season I take a longer break. But throwing your toys away!? Come on!

Turd_Ferguson
1/5/2013, 03:05 AM

John W. Helander
President & CEO
GrayBox Services Ltd. &

He's dead, you inconsiderate bastard!

SoonerinLA
1/5/2013, 06:11 AM
To our retiring posters. Why didn't you quit during the Blake years. What a bunch of babies. Good bye and I hope you keep your word and disappear forever. Hopefully we can find replacement fans to follow a team that goes 10-3 and wins the B12 championship.

1/5/2013, 06:28 AM
Fart.

What ever happened to Beano? Norm?

Fart.

I miss the golden age of Soonerfans.com.

Fart.

sendbaht
1/5/2013, 06:58 AM
yep, enjoyed your posts but ya got to do what ya got to do, but just stick around we all like you..

Since71ASooner4Life
1/5/2013, 07:55 AM

I've never been one to criticize the coach (4 NC game appearances speaks for itself) but it is clear we are trying to win with a formula that is different from those who are winning National Championships. There are plenty of factors to point to, but the ones that stick out the most for me are:

1) the hurry up passing offense designed to score 60 points a game (against weak defenses) has to go. Even in its most successful year 2008, there were reasons to question whether it made sense to run our defense back out onto the field every 3 minutes. The teams that are winning NC's are still doing it the old fashioned way - with suffocating/run stopping defenses and ball control offenses build around a balanced run/pass mix. Name one in the last 10 years that follows our formula.

2) what the hell is our obsession with the Belldozer crap? This works against weak undermanned defenses like Kansas, but will never work consistently against good defenses. Hell, its hard enough to pound the rock against a tough defense when you've got a stud running back, let alone when you telegraph that a big slower QB will be running the ball. Our repeated going back to this wishing well really made me question our coaching wisdom.

3) call it coaching or whatever you want, but clearly we have slipped in the recruiting game in recent years. Bradford, McCoy, Williams, Gresham, Murray ....... that class is getting further in the rear view mirror. Sure we've had some NFL draft picks since, but none that look capable of performing at an elite level. Any one on the current roster? Definitely none on the OL or DL which has been our biggest weakness for years. Simply put, our lines have been physically dominated by most of the stronger opponents we're played. We haven't had a player on either side since 2008/2009 that you would call a physical stud. What about Tony Jefferson? A big hitter, but I'm seeing a guy that looks maybe a step slow for playing on Sunday. Kenny Stills? He has his big moments, but I don't see the NFL in his future either. Over the last several years we keep talking about all our speed on defense, but why have so many Tavon Austins and running QBs made them look like they were in slow motion?

We're still a good team overall, but clearly we have slipped far from the "elite" conversation, and the problem starts with defense. When was the last time LSU, Alabama, or Florida was humiliated by a player like Tavon Austin? When we've looked bad, we've looked so bad that its hard to imagine that anyone could make it look so easy. Running plays where guys aren't touched for 20 yards? That's like Barry Sanders playing against high school defenses, and it's happened too many times. Great teams allow those plays once or twice in a season - we're done it 7 or 8 times a game 2 or 3 games a season over the last 4 years

Midtowner
1/5/2013, 08:14 AM
http://catmacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/flounce_oneniner.jpg?w=720

http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/flounce2.jpg?w=720

cleller
1/5/2013, 09:25 AM
If absence makes the heart grow fonder, what is abstinence for?

Hells bells, even making jokes feels like crap today. At least its not raining.

birddog
1/5/2013, 04:07 PM
soonersam (hey, maybe he is helander?) started this trend of bailing the board in 2005 or so.

jk the sooner fan
1/5/2013, 04:11 PM
OU football should be something in your life - a condiment, an accoutrement.....an appetizer

but your happiness in life should never revolve around the success and/or failure of a football team

lighten up - focus on things that matter

this is a pretty silly thread imo

blacktop
1/5/2013, 04:15 PM
Bye.

blacktop
1/5/2013, 04:17 PM
The Indispensable Man

(by Saxon White Kessinger)

Sometime when you're feeling important;
Sometime when your ego 's in bloom;
Sometime when you take it for granted,
You're the best qualified in the room:
Sometime when you feel that your going,
Would leave an unfillable hole,
Just follow these simple instructions,
And see how they humble your soul.

Take a bucket and fill it with water,
Put your hand in it up to the wrist,
Pull it out and the hole that's remaining,
Is a measure of how much you'll be missed.
You can splash all you wish when you enter,
You may stir up the water galore,
But stop, and you'll find that in no time,
It looks quite the same as before.

The moral of this quaint example,
Is to do just the best that you can,
Be proud of yourself but remember,
There's no indispensable man.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/5/2013, 04:23 PM
Yes. Serious Vag showing here. Suck it up fellas.

As someone possessing a vag, I respectfully request that it not be insulted like this.

Geez. Anyone who was at prom when we played FSU probably has vag(ue)--ha! see what I did there!--memories at best of the Gibbs and Blake years. Fans back then would have sacrificed limbs for a two-loss season (against highly-ranked teams no less) and playing a quality opponent in a quality bowl.

I'm as disappointed as anyone in our ridiculously poor bowl record, but geez.

My vag has more balls than OP. Or something.

SicEmBaylor
1/5/2013, 04:27 PM
As someone possessing a vag, I respectfully request that it not be insulted like this.

Geez. Anyone who was at prom when we played FSU probably has vag(ue)--ha! see what I did there!--memories at best of the Gibbs and Blake years. Fans back then would have sacrificed limbs for a two-loss season (against highly-ranked teams no less) and playing a quality opponent in a quality bowl.

If your vag needs some balls then I have two available. Here's my number -- call me maybe?

jk the sooner fan
1/5/2013, 04:29 PM
smacked down by a girl

on your GBCW post

allsome.....

Soonerus
1/5/2013, 04:43 PM
soonersam (hey, maybe he is helander?) started this trend of bailing the board in 2005 or so.

Unfortunately Helander passed away a couple of years ago...there is an old thread with his obit somewhere in the catacombs of SF...

TanTanFeil
1/5/2013, 04:55 PM
Seriously? Football is just a game. Don't act like this is seriously affecting your life in any unhealthy way.

TanTanFeil
1/5/2013, 04:57 PM
OU football should be something in your life - a condiment, an accoutrement.....an appetizer

but your happiness in life should never revolve around the success and/or failure of a football team

100% agree

Collier11
1/5/2013, 06:51 PM
I never get those who feel the need to 1) quit a message board or 2) announce it...either hang out or gtfo but stop looking for attention. Places like this are for fun, many around here are too biased and many are too over the top with their criticism. It is what it is, a message board

olevetonahill
1/5/2013, 07:24 PM

I never insult em, Unless they big enough to park a Semi in.Or if they have Balls.

Curly Bill
1/5/2013, 07:33 PM
I'm not reading through the entire thread but count me in as another that while disappointed saw this a**-whooping coming, thinks Bob is a good but not great coach, and while OU is my college football team and always will be, in the end it just doesn't matter enough to get all worked up about.

So...I'm still gonna be around to gripe and raise hell, about the Sooners, about the socialists ruining the country, about many things actually, I'll get excited for Sooner football next year, but expect that again I'll be let down, in short: I'll be here and be the same ol me!

You're welcome! ;)

Piware
1/5/2013, 08:06 PM
I'm as disappointed as anyone about the outcome of both the Cotton Bowl and the season. It would not, however, occur to me to quit the board, cancel my season tickets or quit the board. I watched my first OU game in 1957 at the age of 6. Some of you weren't born yet.

There have been so-so years, down years and awful years. I hated each and every one of them with a passion generally reserved for Texas but I have never thrown in the towel. If Bennie Owens can get his arm shot off and still coach, I can stand a loss once in a while. Best of luck to those of you jumping ship.

SoonerInFortSmith
1/5/2013, 08:16 PM
People are definitely way too upset about ten wins. How quickly we forget the 90's.

goingoneight
1/5/2013, 08:34 PM
Once again, people are melting down over a meaningless bowl game. I'm pretty sure OU did just fine after the BCS losses (much more important games) before.

To me, last night just magnified the issues our staff keeps pretending aren't there. I'm sorry, but you can only use the turnovers excuse so many times before you have to admit your team is not on a level with the elite, defensively. Landry's interceptions have never led to getting bent over for 41, 45, 49 points per contest. Even a great offense should have been kept in the late 20s in a bowl game if you are a program like Oklahoma. Congrats to aTm... but again, we're not on the level we need to be.

Jacie
1/5/2013, 09:30 PM
At least we beat sa*et this year and aggie . . .

Soonerus
1/5/2013, 09:36 PM
Usually beating Texas means you had a decent year...

Sabanball
1/5/2013, 09:58 PM
Deleting your account-- over a 10-3 season, losing only to what were ultimately top 5 teams? Confirmed, you younger Sooner fans born during or after the early '80's are truly spoiled. Talk to posters that are older like Wishbonesooner and they can enlighten you as to what a 'bad year' is REALLY like. You aren't old enough to know and really understand as an adult what really rough times for your program are. I hate to think what you might do when/if you suffer through a truly tough year, like us Bama fans did not too long ago when we were playing our H/H or like you guys did in the mid-90's. Take some time off and come back...:)

85Sooner
1/5/2013, 10:22 PM
After reading Most of this....I believe I am deciding to step out for good as well. This board was a fun place earlier and then as we started this downturn...I was posting and being criticized by homers and those wearing crimson glasses.....I live in the real world, have watched OU football for over 40 years....have been on a championship football team...and this board has gotten more and more tiring...I havn't posted in a few months so no one will miss me...but the admins, the owners et al...may get the point........enjoy and good luck folks...Have a great 2013 85Sooner................................. OUT

Soonerus
1/5/2013, 10:23 PM
The board needs your voice 85...

NorthernIowaSooner
1/5/2013, 11:33 PM
I've made a commitment to several people that I would step away and I have vowed not to watched any more OU games in 2013.

Seriously? You have to commit to people to step away from watching a game? Maybe you weren't doing it right.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/5/2013, 11:35 PM
Good evening, ladies.

To quote Journey:

"If you must go
I wish you love
You'll never walk alone
Take care my love
Miss you love"

But for crying out loud, please stop making such a big *** fanfare trumpeting that you're doing it.

SoonerinLA
1/6/2013, 02:16 AM
I don't get it. If you're going to leave, then just leave. Why do you need to make an announcement?

C&CDean
1/6/2013, 10:04 AM
You know what cracks me up? People who think posting on a innerweb board has anything/something to do with our team's success.

If you don't like it here, don't post. If you don't like Bob Stoops, complain to Joe C. If you don't like the Sooners, give up your tickets and go buy a Notre Dame (or whoever the latest darling of ESpin is) shirt.

People who were promming in 2000 only know the past 10-15 years of OU football. Spoiled rotten little pissant brats. It's hard to blame them since it's all they know, but some day they will look back and go "geez I was an immature dillweed." How about having a little perspective? Let's see, we won a NC in 1956...then didn't sniff another until 1974. The entire decade of the 60's were forgetable, and let's not even talk about the 90's.

Am I happy with the current direction of this team? Nope. Do I think it's all Bob Stoops' fault? Nope. If he has a fault I'd say it's his lack of fire that he seemed to have early in his career and his unwillingness to dump a coach. What do I think the teams' primary problem is? Players - which eventually = recruiting. Look at all the knuckleheaded crap our guys have done over the past several years. Idiocy/thuggery seems to be the one constant on our recent teams. We've recruited some very talented guys who also happen to be POS people. What happened to character? What happened to espirit de corps? "**** the team, I'm gonna go make me some NFL $$ yo. Smoke some ganja like a gangsta in the muh****in' mean time."

That's what we've got. A team poisoned by a bunch of "I'm bigger than the team" selfish pricks. Instead of copping another stupid tat and dying your hair, how about work on running routes and catching the ball? Instead of running around with your hand on your head looking like a faggoty rooster trying to imitate a shark, how about making a ****ing tackle?

To be fair to a lot of the good guys on the team, can anyone remember a team/s so decimated with injuries? Yeah, I know, blame Schmitty. Meh.

Bob seriously needs to go on a vacation with his family. Take a month off football. Then, come back and clean his ****ing house. Take a serious look at the whole picture and make some tough decisions. Kick the n'er-do-wells to the ****ing curb and go recruit some guys who wanna play for OU more than anything in the world. If he's incapable of doing that then perhaps he does need to go, because the current state of affairs are all ****ed up.

All that being said, quitting a message board for any other reason than not enjoying it is gay.

Collier11
1/6/2013, 12:25 PM
and making a commitment to not watch OU, wow that is sad. Was he ever really an OU fan?

misplacedsooner
1/6/2013, 12:28 PM
i dont post alot but read this board everyday. i will continue to do this as im a sooner fan for life even if we are 2-10. would i be pleased? hell no, but my team is my team and ill stand by them through thick and thin.

olevetonahill
1/6/2013, 12:50 PM
i dont post alot but read this board everyday. i will continue to do this as im a sooner fan for life even if we are 2-10. would i be pleased? hell no, but my team is my team and ill stand by them through thick and thin.

Yup I wore My SOONERS shirt yesterday and Ill wear another today .
Hell its Bout the Only type shirts I own anymore .

BigTip
1/6/2013, 01:02 PM
I never get those who feel the need to 1) quit a message board or 2) announce it...either hang out or gtfo but stop looking for attention. Places like this are for fun, many around here are too biased and many are too over the top with their criticism. It is what it is, a message board

I guess it's a way of coping with a disappointment. Better than eating a buckshot appetizer I suppose.

cherokeebrewer
1/6/2013, 02:54 PM
I'm not retiring my account unless I have some big bucks to withdraw...

stoops the eternal pimp
1/6/2013, 03:36 PM
I'd like to announce I'm coming back for my senior year.

SoonerorLater
1/6/2013, 04:40 PM
I don't get it. If you're going to leave, then just leave. Why do you need to make an announcement?

Why not make an announcement? While you may not care if any given poster will ever be on the board again somebody else might. I guess I could pose the question to you why you would care if another person says they're leaving. Why not just ignore them if you don't care?

This is the OU Football Forum on Soonerfans. Most everybody here has more than just a passing interest in OU Football. Nothing that is written on this board will change squat about the state of the OU Program. The only reason to post here is to vent, whine, rejoice etc. Different people deal with disappointment in many ways. If somebody reaches their max disappointment level they may find it therapeutic to write it down and put it on the board.

birddog
1/6/2013, 04:45 PM
i've gotten to the point where i just enjoy the gameday experience with my pops. that osu game was the most fun i've had since tech circa 08. i don't ever look at our players and think, man, we have some beasts out there. i've accepted what we've become simply because i don't know how we can get better. new coaches? tennis players beating the hell out of our football players?:witless:. the pipeline to bad ace players and coaches disappeared in 2003 and we've never been a dominant team that other programs want to become. i know very littleabout football (i played world football) but we just dont appear to have game changers that we can look to when things look bleak. agh, what're you gonna do? i'll be watching again and again til i die and hope that we don't have to feel embarrassed as often as we have in the recent past.

but, i will still be here because i bleed crimson and new, insightful posts gives me perspective on the state of the program, ie people with knowledge other than what they get from kudzym or whatever that chicks name is. magik, you seem to know things that the avg diehard doesnt. if you have updates, bring it.

Curly Bill
1/6/2013, 07:08 PM
I'm gonna stick around here cause I know you poor saps would miss me if I was gone.

jk the sooner fan
1/6/2013, 07:36 PM
the Op is an individual.........trying to retire his account

can we call these IRA's from here on out?

StoopTroup
1/7/2013, 01:49 AM
To our retiring posters. Why didn't you quit during the Blake years. What a bunch of babies. Good bye and I hope you keep your word and disappear forever. Hopefully we can find replacement fans to follow a team that goes 10-3 and wins the B12 championship.

Because...sports boards were slap stick comedy drive bus like Land Thieves? :D

SoonerinLA
1/7/2013, 02:19 AM
Why not make an announcement? While you may not care if any given poster will ever be on the board again somebody else might. I guess I could pose the question to you why you would care if another person says they're leaving. Why not just ignore them if you don't care?

I really don't care if they leave or not. I just don't understand the need to be so dramatic about it. The OP is a 5000-6000 poster, we go 10-3, win a share of the B12, and only lose games to top 5 teams. Quitting sounds a little immature but it's better sooner than later. I'm thinking we won't be as good next year as we were this year. I'm concerned the OP may try to hurt himself if we lose more than 3 games.

Save the drama for your mama.

WA. Sooner
1/7/2013, 05:40 AM
I live in the Pac 12 territory and fly an OU flag on my house every single day! and will continue flying the flag on my house regardless of were I live

olevetonahill
1/7/2013, 08:12 AM
I live in the Pac 12 territory and fly an OU flag on my house every single day! and will continue flying the flag on my house regardless of were I live

Not me, Im taking mine down and burning that POS.

Right after I put the NEW one .:biggrin:

Herr Scholz
1/7/2013, 05:17 PM
Looks like I'll have to pick up the slack around here.

jk the sooner fan
1/7/2013, 05:17 PM
do you get a gift when you retire?

or is that only when you sign up to be a sponsor?

badger
1/7/2013, 05:20 PM

tycat947
1/7/2013, 06:13 PM

Exactly! Counseling works wonders!

usmc-sooner
1/7/2013, 07:18 PM
did we quit when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

1/7/2013, 08:00 PM
I'm sorry, but a guy leaving our friends from this site changes nothing. Our team will be what it is. Why would you give up sharing misery and happiness with fellow fans who share your passion for the Sooners?

SoonerinSouthlake
1/7/2013, 08:29 PM
I live in Texas surrounded by whorns and aggies. I left my Sooner flag flying on my house until today.

The bowl game was pretty painful...and wasnt meaningless. In fact I believe one of our top defensive recruits decommited OU and committed to Aggies after game (that may be a rumor). So it was important.

But to be honest, I never thought we had a chance to win....sorry. Why? becuase the Aggies have been blessed by the perfect storm of a new coach...who is dang good, a offensive line that will start in the NFL next year, several good recruiting years by Mike Sherman and a trancendent quarterback. Frankly, If AtM isnt #2 or #3 to end the year, it will be a crime...and I truly think right now they are the best team in the land.

So while I understand the hurt, I aint leaving...and I will bet the house that anyone who is "moving on to more important things" will be right back on the bandwagon when we are in the Championship game in the next 3 years

That is all

opksooner
1/7/2013, 09:22 PM
Deleting your account-- over a 10-3 season, losing only to what were ultimately top 5 teams? Confirmed, you younger Sooner fans born during or after the early '80's are truly spoiled. Talk to posters that are older like Wishbonesooner and they can enlighten you as to what a 'bad year' is REALLY like. You aren't old enough to know and really understand as an adult what really rough times for your program are. I hate to think what you might do when/if you suffer through a truly tough year, like us Bama fans did not too long ago when we were playing our H/H or like you guys did in the mid-90's. Take some time off and come back...:)

Hope springs eternal. I'll be back.

Like a moth to flame.

One of these years my wings won't get singed.

goingoneight
1/7/2013, 09:44 PM
I was born in the 80s and I absolutely hated going to school with aggy fans whose best argument was how their mediocre efforts were better than ours in the 90s. High school and after has been pretty sweet thanks to Stoops.

swardboy
1/7/2013, 10:10 PM
I'd like to announce I'm coming back for my senior year.

Ha, we know you used up your eligibility, or are ineligible, or can't write legibly...

SouthFortySooner
1/8/2013, 11:27 AM
Well, well, well. I feel a little emasculated. Even though I have checked this board nearly every day since Jejuan Rankin was a recruit, not ever have I felt someone would miss me if I didn't.

Collier11
1/8/2013, 10:45 PM
for being retired he sure has logged on a lot lately

sooneron
1/8/2013, 10:51 PM
Please, just go away now...

Your GBCW post wreaks of "Ooooh!! Lookamee!!! I'm going to be a more well rounded person than you!" I've read your posts for too long now, you're a ****, so this cannot be true... bye. Srsly, (in the words of Motley Crue) "don't go away mad, just go away" or whatever the **** that song was...

sooneron
1/8/2013, 10:54 PM
Looks like I'll have to pick up the slack around here.

No, that's OK, we liked it when you were gone, just like lidigator and couch. Plz go ...

olevetonahill
1/8/2013, 10:55 PM
Ha, we know you used up your eligibility, or are ineligible, or can't write legibly...

hes gonna get a Medical fer his beat up knees and brain.

olevetonahill
1/8/2013, 10:56 PM
Well, well, well. I feel a little emasculated. Even though I have checked this board nearly every day since Jejuan Rankin was a recruit, not ever have I felt someone would miss me if I didn't.

I missed you when ya wernt postin there when yer wife was Ill and stuff

Wishboned
1/8/2013, 11:56 PM

It's like going to your funeral and seeing who showed up to say goodbye.

hornswaggled
1/9/2013, 12:07 AM
I'm sorry this has happened to my beloved team; that they have become the doormats for BCS bowls, where other teams have taken opportunity to beat up and humiliate my life-long favorite college team. It seems the sports media and the referees have decided Sooners are to be losers, because they were winners too long, tradition be damned. I too, have decided to leave and never return to this fantastic legacy. I am never again to be a fan of the school where Bobby Womack struggled, where Steve and Tinker Owens matriculated, where Billy Simms decided he wanted to play, where Bud Wilkenson built a dynasty, Barry Switzer built on it and Bob Stoops revived it. Mildren, Selmon, Bosworth,TGR Williams, Lott, Watts, Jackson, Sewell, Peterson, Bradford, and others memorable but innumerable: all of them are gone, and so am I (puts on my magic ring and disappears).

olevetonahill
1/9/2013, 12:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wik2uc69WbU

hornswaggled
1/9/2013, 12:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wik2uc69WbU

I think the dude on the right (Mary right? 1. Peter, 2. Paul, 3. Mary). Anyway the bearded chick on the right is a terrorist. I'm pretty sure.

olevetonahill
1/9/2013, 12:33 AM
I think the dude on the right (Mary right? 1. Peter, 2. Paul, 3. Mary). Anyway the bearded chick on the right is a terrorist. I'm pretty sure.

Blasphemy

MyT Oklahoma
1/9/2013, 01:04 AM
Okay so what's the final verdict? Who is staying? Who is going?

And most importantly, what does McCarron's girlfriend's mother look like and is she available?

TanTanFeil
1/9/2013, 01:11 AM

This

Texas Golfer
1/9/2013, 04:06 AM
I was another 10-win season with another Big XII Championshp Trophy on the mantle. I see this as another successful year. We finished in the Top 15 out if more than 120 teams. Only one other Big XII team can make that claim. The others only wish they could. Would I have liked to hav gone undefeated and won the national championship? Of course! But I am undoubtedly proud.

olevetonahill
1/9/2013, 04:18 AM

http://www.tinyshowcase.com/media/detail/1939_1.jpg

jk the sooner fan
1/9/2013, 08:36 AM

a special prize for the poster that can egg him on to respond! :)

sooneron
1/9/2013, 09:42 AM
a special prize for the poster that can egg him on to respond! :)

Like a sponsor prize???

jk the sooner fan
1/9/2013, 09:46 AM
Like a sponsor prize???

sure, Phil should have an entire box of those laying around

olevetonahill
1/9/2013, 10:05 AM
sure, Phil should have an entire box of those laying around

Dont you remember? Phil sent those Left overs to the starving kids in afica after he did away with the Sponsorships and started the Ad campaign.

As For SoonerMagik Not postin anymore , Im glad, the dude was a colossal Dooshhose. that dint know a dayum thing.

olevetonahill
1/9/2013, 10:06 AM
nm

jk the sooner fan
1/9/2013, 10:41 AM
i'm not posting here anymore - but i am going to log in and see what people are saying about me

badger
1/9/2013, 10:42 AM

And most importantly, what does McCarron's girlfriend's mother look like and is she available?

This forum needs more basketball fans. If you're ready to retire from football for awhile after the Cotton Bowl, get your arse to the basketball forum and start liking Sooner basketball again!

DO IT. DO IT NOW. :mad:

olevetonahill
1/9/2013, 10:44 AM
This forum needs more basketball fans. If you're ready to retire from football for awhile after the Cotton Bowl, get your arse to the basketball forum and start liking Sooner basketball again!

Yea then we can start likin Rassling and that other aggie shat.

MyT Oklahoma
1/9/2013, 12:25 PM
http://www.tinyshowcase.com/media/detail/1939_1.jpg

Yeah me too. As in until death do us part.

MyT Oklahoma
1/9/2013, 12:27 PM

OU has a basketball program? Really?

P.S. If you were a Sooner fan who lived in Kansas, you would not bring up the subject of basketball. It's all that KU lives for and I cannot stand the SOB's.

badger
1/9/2013, 09:41 PM

OU has a basketball program? Really?

P.S. If you were a Sooner fan who lived in Kansas, you would not bring up the subject of basketball. It's all that KU lives for and I cannot stand the SOB's.

Hawkie is funny as hell when i searched for football meltdown material. Cant wait for them to lose again in bball. More material.

MyT Oklahoma
1/9/2013, 09:47 PM
Hawkie is funny as hell when i searched for football meltdown material. Cant wait for them to lose again in bball. More material.

The best part of the Men's NCAA Tournament is when the Jayhawks lose and their meltdown begins. I look forward to it every year.

Scott D
1/10/2013, 03:14 PM
This thread is ridiculously stupid.

Scott D
1/10/2013, 03:18 PM
Oh and I bet he's really leaving because he's going into hiding because Eric Bassey found out where the dude lives ;)

SoonerKnight
1/10/2013, 03:38 PM

That will happen when OU learns how to play basketball. NEVER again will I follow OU basketball only to be let down. I made that committment back in 1989!!!

badger
1/10/2013, 03:44 PM
That will happen when OU learns how to play basketball. NEVER again will I follow OU basketball only to be let down. I made that committment back in 1989!!!

So I suppose you remedied that by following Sooner football instead.

SoonerKnight
1/10/2013, 03:54 PM
So I suppose you remedied that by following Sooner football instead.

No. I followed both I've been watching Sooner Football when I was very young. I followed the Sooner backetball team in the championship and they lost on a stupid play and then kept losing games when it mattered the same way so I gave up. I refuse to get riled up over basketball.

rock on sooner
1/10/2013, 04:17 PM

They came within a whisker of losing last night..if the Cyclones had fouled
with about 4 seconds to go, they most likely would have beaten the Jayhawks
in Lawrence.

badger
1/10/2013, 04:35 PM
They came within a whisker of losing last night..if the Cyclones had fouled
with about 4 seconds to go, they most likely would have beaten the Jayhawks
in Lawrence.

Let me tell ya how disappointed ISU was afterward too... or I can just show you (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?175345-College-basketball-meltdowns-2013&p=3576319#post3576319) :)