PDA

View Full Version : OUr D held the aggies to 41 points

achiro
1/4/2013, 11:48 PM
Their season average was 45 in the SEC...

Socrefbek
1/4/2013, 11:49 PM
I feel much better now :miserable:

MyT Oklahoma
1/4/2013, 11:50 PM
Oh thank God.

OUNASH
1/4/2013, 11:52 PM
Is that you Mack Brown, Mr Spin Doctor :)

BoulderSooner79
1/5/2013, 12:03 AM
Take that, Aggies!

Widescreen
1/5/2013, 12:55 AM
I'm not at all surprised they scored 41. I am absolutely shocked that we only scored 13 against that craptastic aTm defense.

RoaminSooner
1/5/2013, 01:18 AM
They could've scored more. On that 4th and 5 even though the offense was on the field the cameras caught him saying 'call time-out' however our D called it first. You also saw it in the final series when Manziel handed the ball off repeatedly, in the last few minutes. The Sooner in Sumlin respected us enough not to run up the score to the point of disrespect on Bob or the fans.

Soonerus
1/5/2013, 01:19 AM
It was horrific in the 2nd half....

n8v_ndn
1/5/2013, 01:26 AM
They also averaged 317 yds passing per game, and we held them to *only* 307...so there's that.

Mjcpr
1/5/2013, 01:27 AM
They averaged 45 against SEC teams or for the year?

toast
1/5/2013, 11:52 AM
Let's give the defensive players merit badges then

SoonerLaw09
1/5/2013, 12:00 PM
I'm not at all surprised they scored 41. I am absolutely shocked that we only scored 13 against that craptastic aTm defense.

^^^^THIS

I haven't got the foggiest idea why we couldn't move the ball in the 2nd half. It just mystified me.

TahoeSOONER
1/5/2013, 12:46 PM
^^^^THIS

I haven't got the foggiest idea why we couldn't move the ball in the 2nd half. It just mystified me.

Three quick three and outs to start the second half and the rout was on, changed the game. They could sit on everything and we saw the team quit right before our very eyes, hard to watch.

MI Sooner
1/5/2013, 01:04 PM
Our offense was more to blame than our defense. The 1st half was just about what I expected, at least in terms of yards if not points. I was actually somewhat happy even with that first TD drive by A&M, because we forced them into 2 3rd downs (one medium, one long IIRC). I figured we'd win the game if we forced 2 3rd downs every drive (or one that we stopped them on).

13 points against an average defense is pathetic. If our offense moved the ball in the 2nd half, there's not enough time for them to pile up all those points, and it's a 38-35 type game with about 500 yards per side, like I expected. Blame the offense first for this one.

Sabanball
1/5/2013, 01:14 PM
In our 29-24 loss to them, it basically took the first 15 mins of the game to figure their O out. After that, we adjusted and were able to hold them basically in check.

Edmond Sooner
1/5/2013, 01:20 PM
In our 29-24 loss to them, it basically took the first 15 mins of the game to figure their O out. After that, we adjusted and were able to hold them basically in check.

Wish you could have loaned us your D last night. The colors are similar and maybe the NCAA wouldn't have noticed - it could've been a warm up or practice scrimmage for the Big One coming up. :bull_head:

I Am Right
1/5/2013, 01:51 PM
Brahahahahah

soonercastor
1/5/2013, 02:08 PM

Actually, it wasn't.

ouwasp
1/5/2013, 02:32 PM
very disappointed with the whole team, coaching staff, band, etc...

Soonerjeepman
1/5/2013, 02:36 PM

then WTF didn't our coaches take your scheme? oh wait, maybe because we can't or Stoops is too stubborn. With that, I will say our D did a good job the first half, but with 17 yrds to 21? yrds after 3 possessions in the 2nd half was the killer. No offensive threat.

Mac94
1/5/2013, 02:38 PM

Disagree somewhat ... Our offense moves the ball through the first half ... your offense started moving after we went up 21-0 and ate clock but outside missing a 4th down conversion by inches we weren;t stopped. Coming out of halftime, though ... Bama stopped us cold in the third ... but our defnese stepped up and kept Bama from taking the lead. Then in the 4th our passing game went into a different gear ... leading to 2 scoring drives and another that ended in a missed FG.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/7/2013, 10:35 AM
I was frustrated with Mike throughout the year..i understand there isn't a host of great players on the defensive side, but there was signs throughout the year that in different games, he wasn't ready for the game IMO.. this from John Hoover's article

Defensive coordinator Mike Stoops needed a timeout on Texas A&M's first drive. That's the fourth time that's happened this season, and the sixth time Stoops has needed a first-quarter timeout. (The OU offense burned a timeout seven times in the first quarter of games this season.)

PrideMom
1/7/2013, 10:46 AM
In bowl games it is the team that WANTS to win more. OU did not want to be there. They thought since they were co-winners of the Big XII they should have been in a BCS bowl. OU should have had 21 points instead of the 13 at the half, if that had happened, maybe the second half would have been different.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/7/2013, 10:58 AM
It would be nice if it was that simple.

MichiganSooner
1/7/2013, 11:02 AM

Wrong!! Their season average in the SEC was 39.75 points not 45.

Including non conference teams, their season average was 45.16 points. They put 48 onto SMU, 70 on South Carolina State, 59 on LA Tech, and 47 on Sam Houston State.

Sad to say, if you look at just the scores, we are "as bad" as Mississippi State who lost to Aggie 38-13.

MichiganSooner
1/7/2013, 11:05 AM
In bowl games it is the team that WANTS to win more. OU did not want to be there. They thought since they were co-winners of the Big XII they should have been in a BCS bowl. OU should have had 21 points instead of the 13 at the half, if that had happened, maybe the second half would have been different.

I wouldn't say that OU did not want to be there...the guys seemed pretty excited when interviewed by the media ahead of the game. However, if we had played Florida State instead of them playing Northern Illinois, I think the winner would have been different. We match up pretty well against the Seminoles.

TXBOOMER
1/7/2013, 11:45 AM
Is that you Coach Stoops?

BoomerJack
1/7/2013, 03:46 PM
I think the premise of this thread is wrong.

Kevin Sumlin held the TAMU offense to 41 points.

aurorasooner
1/7/2013, 07:15 PM
This loss was all on of offense, or lack there of in the 2nd half, since most people predicted our offense would have to outscore them to beat them. I thought it was rather odd that when Fox interviewed K. Sumlin at halftime, he didn't seem particularly worried about the score (14-13) and that our offense had moved the ball well against their defense. I think he knew that our coach's MO was that they were very slow to adapt and that the aTm defense would come out with a new wrinkle in the 2nd half and frustrate our offense, and our staff would never adapt.

cleller
1/7/2013, 07:19 PM
I wouldn't say that OU did not want to be there...the guys seemed pretty excited when interviewed by the media ahead of the game. However, if we had played Florida State instead of them playing Northern Illinois, I think the winner would have been different. We match up pretty well against the Seminoles.

On the other hand, as a player, who would you rather face- Florida's offense, or Manziel?