PDA

View Full Version : Sooner Haters

azheat4u
1/4/2013, 11:36 PM
Please go away! You'll never be happy whether we win or lose. All of you are the type that always looks at the negatives. I'm sure all of you could call a better game, coach this team to more victories, tackle better and I cold go on and on.

True Sooner fans take the bad with the good and do it with class. Most of you guys bitchin' lack class. Sure it sucks when our team loses or looks as bad as we have in this 2nd half but these are still young men out there trying and trying to live up to being a football player at Oklahoma.

Support your team or go root for someone else.

Guess what? The sun will still come up tomorrow.

landrun
1/4/2013, 11:41 PM
We're angry because we love OU football and this is NOT acceptable.

Always_Sooner
1/4/2013, 11:42 PM
Very well put.

I agree, what would a win prove tonight anyway?

All it would have done is guarantee a top 10 finish in the polls and momentum going into next season.

The results against K-State, ND, and A&M are similar, they were just better.

Also, they were all team losses. I don't think any of us had National Championship expectations this season.

Also, Mike Stoops will need time to recruit his players to fit his attacking scheme.

I remember we lost in 2007 and got our clocks cleaned by West Virginia, and you would think the sky was falling for a week or so.

Guess what? Life will still go on, and OU will still be a top 15 Preseason, but we should be excited for the new era of players.

StoopTroup
1/4/2013, 11:42 PM
I do agree about the take the good with the bad.

SicEmBaylor
1/4/2013, 11:44 PM
I love OU like a second family. But this ****ing **** is getting ****ing hard to watch. There is absolutely no excuse for this considering OU's resources. Aggie is faster, better coached, and seemingly has more talent than OU.

Why the **** can OU not tackle anymore? I can't count the number of times that OU should have taken Aggie down with a tackle and let them slip away. That **** is ****ing ridiculous.

Bob Stoops needs to get his **** together and have a major 'come to Jesus' talk with his staff and players in the offseason. They need to get back to basics and Stoops needs to stop playing so damned conservatively.

MyT Oklahoma
1/4/2013, 11:46 PM
I love OU like a second family. But this ****ing **** is getting ****ing hard to watch. There is absolutely no excuse for this considering OU's resources. Aggie is faster, better coached, and seemingly has more talent than OU.

Why the **** can OU not tackle anymore? I can't count the number of times that OU should have taken Aggie down with a tackle and let them slip away. That **** is ****ing ridiculous.

Bob Stoops needs to get his **** together and have a major 'come to Jesus' talk with his staff and players in the offseason. They need to get back to basics and Stoops needs to stop playing so damned conservatively.

Yep.

Since71ASooner4Life
1/4/2013, 11:50 PM

Agree - no way to sugar coat this disappointing season. I could make a long list of the disappointments, but at the top has to be taking out your 4 year starter all time passing leader to run that stupid belldoser garbage game after game. It works against the 2-10 teams, but never against a good team. I've never been one to criticize the coaching, but even an idiot like myself can see this is a joke

SicEmBaylor
1/4/2013, 11:52 PM
Agree - no way to sugar coat this disappointing season. I could make a long list of the disappointments, but at the top has to be taking out your 4 year starter all time passing leader to run that stupid belldoser garbage game after game. It works against the 2-10 teams, but never against a good team. I've never been one to criticize the coaching, but even an idiot like myself can see this is a joke

I agree with this as well. There are some situations where it has clearly been effective, but it seems insane to me to pull your veteran starter when you have all the momentum and you're steadily driving down the field. It kills the rhythm.

SicEmBaylor
1/4/2013, 11:53 PM
Landry can make better passes than the plays they call for him.

In general, all the players should be faster than they are.

The defense needs to learn how to ****ing tackle.

etc. etc. etc.

Since71ASooner4Life
1/5/2013, 12:10 AM
Landry can make better passes than the plays they call for him.

In general, all the players should be faster than they are.

The defense needs to learn how to ****ing tackle.

etc. etc. etc.

Tavon Austin is a talented player, but it was rediculous how good we made him look. 350 yards on 15 carries? Please! No one wants to call out players, but the truth is our DL had very little talent, despite several high profile recruits who were basically busts.

SOONER44EVER
1/5/2013, 12:11 AM
I'm not a Sooner hater. I was real happy when we won and not so happy when we lost. What's your point?

azheat4u
1/5/2013, 09:51 AM
The people I was directing this to are the ones that want to fire every coach after every loss. The ones that blame Landry for every loss. The ones that want to turn in their tickets after every loss. Those are the ones that I get tired of seeing posts from. Was I disappointed with the loss last night absolutely but today is a new day. Hopefully the coaches will make changes and I think they will.

On D - Mike improved the secondary, last year it was the weak link, this year it was a strength. Did we give up a lot of passing yds yes, but that's more on the front 7, zero pass rush. You can't cover guys forever. Most of the DL is gone and new blood will arrive this spring. The LB core was a huge disappointment. We were too nice on defense, knock the other team down and don't help them up. Play with an attitude. We need to get that back on D. Give Mike a couple yrs to get his players. But we need to remember Defenses of the 70s-80s and even in Stoops early years won't ever exist in this time and age as this is an Offensive game.

On O - We have been too soft for a number of years. If we can't line up with our normal O and get 1-2 yards with our RBs then fine one who will. The Belldozer package was nice when it started (just like the Wildcat) but eventually Defenses learn to stop it and they have. We need a true dual threat QB as this is how teams are now winning.

The Sun did come up today!!

OUInformant
1/5/2013, 10:05 AM
It was a close 41-13 loss so I'm not too angry about it. All we needed were a quick 4 TDs to send the game into OT.

MichiganSooner
1/5/2013, 10:09 AM
On O - If we can't line up with our normal O and get 1-2 yards with our RBs then fine one who will.

I agree with much of what you said except this ^. One or two yards?

sooneron
1/5/2013, 10:26 AM
Tavon Austin is a talented player, but it was rediculous how good we made him look. 350 yards on 15 carries? Please! No one wants to call out players, but the truth is our DL had very little talent, despite several high profile recruits who were basically busts.

This was the glaring issue. If the other team is immediately getting to the lbs and dbs, you are going to lose to teams with more or equal talent on offense. You are creating one on one situations with lbs that weigh little to no more than the running back. I guess the upside is that any stud HS Dlineman or LB is going to think that he could be starting for us next year.

wishbonesooner
1/5/2013, 10:30 AM
I've had my season tickets a long time. I put a son through the Price School of Business. I've spent quite a sum of money supporting the University of Oklahoma and it's football team. You don't get to tell me to leave.

Since71ASooner4Life
1/5/2013, 11:18 AM
But we need to remember Defenses of the 70s-80s and even in Stoops early years won't ever exist in this time and age as this is an Offensive game.

On O - We have been too soft for a number of years. If we can't line up with our normal O and get 1-2 yards with our RBs then fine one who will. The Belldozer package was nice when it started (just like the Wildcat) but eventually Defenses learn to stop it and they have. We need a true dual threat QB as this is how teams are now winning.

I disagree with the first point. The teams who are winning national championships (and Notre Dame should it go their way on monday) are all built on the same basic premise that has existed during my entire lifetime - suffocating/run stopping defenses. Nothing has changed. Sure it took them a while to catch up to the hurry up spread offenses, but now how to defend them is known. We had the greatest offense in the history of the game in 2008, and Florida shut it down.

Look back over the years at who has been winning, and how their run defense was (including ours)

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/stats/byteam?cat1=defense&cat2=Rushing&sort=1108&conference=I-A_all&year=2012

Agree 100% on the running game. We've got a 250 lb fullback and we're constantly trying to run a gimmick play on 1st and goal from the one? Our run blocking was flat terrible this year.

Not bashing Landry Jones, but his immobility was never going to get us a National Championship no matter how well he passes the ball. A QB so one dimensional will never beat a great defense, which is always who you're going to face in that game. I don't know that we have to have a legitimate dual threat, but the passer has to at least be able to keep the defense honest with some scrambling ability, even if it's only a little more than Sam Bradford had. We might have been better served with a QB like Seth Doege.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/377845/landry-jones