PDA

View Full Version : Beat up on the Coaches all ya want

olevetonahill
1/4/2013, 11:31 PM
I may not like it But Its a free country, But Leave the Kids alone. They put their hearts and Bodies on the line for Our entertainment.

Sure they make mistakes But when was YOUR last one ?

BoulderSooner79
1/4/2013, 11:33 PM
Agreed. But most posters are going after the coaches.

NOTE: I'm not reading the game thread.

OU_Sooners75
1/4/2013, 11:33 PM
I agree, the players IMO are untouchable! They made the sacrafices and have done what the **** poor coaching has asked them.

olevetonahill
1/4/2013, 11:35 PM
Agreed. But most posters are going after the coaches.

NOTE: I'm not reading the game thread.

Theres been aLOT of em wanting to Eat LJs 1st born and sacrifice Whitney on the altar

BoulderSooner79
1/4/2013, 11:36 PM
Theres been aLOT of em wanting to Eat LJs 1st born and sacrifice Whitney on the altar

Stay away from the game thread. The retard is strong in those folks.

cyclonesooner
1/4/2013, 11:37 PM
Not much effort at all on Hurst's part of TD pass he gave up.

BoulderSooner79
1/4/2013, 11:38 PM

Can't you read, man?

Wishboned
1/4/2013, 11:39 PM
It was a disappointing end to a decent season. But then anytime we don't go undefeated and win the national championship it's disappointing.

olevetonahill
1/4/2013, 11:42 PM

Can't you read, man?

Obviously NOT

Yall PLEASE Petiton Phil to let me reopen My Bolivian Travel agency :excitement:

olevetonahill
1/4/2013, 11:44 PM
It was a disappointing end to a decent season. But then anytime we don't go undefeated and win the national championship it's disappointing.

Agreed Bro
I aint a Bit happy with the Coaches, Dont want anyone fired But I dayum sure expect a Better product on the field.

Hell it wasnt that long ago every one (I mean a Bunch) wanted KS and LJ run out of town on a rail.

cyclonesooner
1/4/2013, 11:45 PM
I can tell when someone is loafing.

Wishboned
1/4/2013, 11:46 PM
Agreed Bro
I aint a Bit happy with the Coaches, Dont want anyone fired But I dayum sure expect a Better product on the field.

Hell it wasnt that long ago every one (I mean a Bunch) wanted KS and LJ run out of town on a rail.

There were more than a few times they showed Bob on the sidelines and he had a look of absolute disgust on his face. I have a feeling this game might have been a tipping point for him.

diverdog
1/4/2013, 11:47 PM
Agreed Bro

Big Game Bob has turned into Big 10 Bob.

tulsaoilerfan
1/4/2013, 11:47 PM
Looked like a bunch of them quit tonight IMO; not singling anyone out just talking about the team as a whole

PLaw
1/4/2013, 11:50 PM
Vet - our coordinators got schooled. Kids played hard, but D scheme was poor and play calls found lacking - especially, in the red zone. Program stock is down.

Sooners78
1/4/2013, 11:51 PM
Looked like a bunch of them quit tonight IMO; not singling anyone out just talking about the team as a whole

Agreed, from the coaches on down.

Sabanball
1/4/2013, 11:52 PM
I may not like it But Its a free country, But Leave the Kids alone. They put their hearts and Bodies on the line for Our entertainment.

+1

olevetonahill
1/4/2013, 11:53 PM
Vet - our coordinators got schooled. Kids played hard, but D scheme was poor and play calls found lacking - especially, in the red zone. Program stock is down.

Like I said at the Hideout, I think we have a great Coaching staff, They just aint got their shat together yet Or they maybe forgot where they put it.

This Loss an the other 2 is On the Coaches IMHO

Boomer Mooner
1/4/2013, 11:57 PM

Not nearly as much quit as what I saw in our game thread. Some of our so called fans are a bunch of crybabies.

salth2o
1/5/2013, 12:15 AM

Not nearly as much quit as what I saw in our game thread. Some of our so called fans are a bunch of crybabies.

Well said.

CarolinaSoonerFan
1/5/2013, 12:24 AM
I hate the feeling that we are on a muddy hillside trying to climb back to the top, only to find that we are constantly slipping backwards getting crap in our face. I want the coaches to look back at where they came from and get that passion, drive, and balls back.

Fraggle145
1/5/2013, 12:24 AM
Dear Bob,

Let us know when you and your staff learn how to coach defense again.

Love,
Sooner Nation

P.S. Not ****ting the bed in any bowl game worth a damn would be nice too...

TitoMorelli
1/5/2013, 12:34 AM

I can honestly say that I've never thrown an interception in a big game (well, not counting Madden, anyway).:02.47-tranquillity:

I don't blame the players, especially not LJ. They all played a gutsy first half, just wish they'd have made a few more stops in the third quarter. I was afraid that we'd have trouble getting pressure on Manziel, because their O-line is as good as we've seen in a long time.

Not blaming anyone, but gee, it's gotten old being the team that contributes half the highlight clips for all the Heisman hopefuls/winners.

Sumlin has done a great job his first year at College Station - I wish he'd either stayed at Houston or taken a job at a school that recruits in the upper Midwest or on one of the coasts.

Only thing I'm still trying to figure out is why that d-coordinator everybody couldn't wait to get shed of has done so much better than the d-coordinator everyone couldn't wait to get back.

olevetonahill
1/5/2013, 12:43 AM

:very_drunk:

soonercastor
1/5/2013, 12:43 AM
I will never call out a player that makes a bad play, a mistake, gets beat etc unless it's CLEARLY a lack of effort in which case I will curse them out and not feel bad about it.

olevetonahill
1/5/2013, 01:21 AM
I will never call out a player that makes a bad play, a mistake, gets beat etc unless it's CLEARLY a lack of effort in which case I will curse them out and not feel bad about it.

Then wouldn't it be the Coaches Job to call em out and NOT yours?

Mjcpr
1/5/2013, 01:23 AM
There were more than a few times they showed Bob on the sidelines and he had a look of absolute disgust on his face. I have a feeling this game might have been a tipping point for him.

I've thought that lots of times.

SOONER44EVER
1/5/2013, 01:33 AM
Dear Bob,

Let us know when you and your staff learn how to coach defense again.

Love,
Sooner Nation

P.S. Not ****ting the bed in any bowl game worth a damn would be nice too...

Heh! That about sums it up.

soonercastor
1/5/2013, 01:41 AM
Then wouldn't it be the Coaches Job to call em out and NOT yours?

Well it's not like I call them out on their FB or twitter account. I don't take this **** that seriously lol

Blue
1/5/2013, 01:47 AM
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/ROFLSHMTUAFIMC_7b8265_2305742.jpg

olevetonahill
1/5/2013, 01:49 AM
Well it's not like I call them out on their FB or twitter account. I don't take this **** that seriously lol

You dont think any of em ever read the Board?

tooslow
1/5/2013, 09:22 AM

So you're crying about fans crying? lol Pot, meet kettle.

You just need to be more honest in your posts. Did A&M collapse in the 2nd half? Nope. Did we finally slow little Johnny? Nope. Some of the comments you criticized during the game, mine included, turned out to be 100% true when the clock ran out. Some people are afraid to say negative things during a game, because the ending may prove they didn't know WTF they were talking about. I've had my share of eating crow, but last night was not one of them. :)

Peeb
1/5/2013, 10:02 AM
As happens more often than you might think, the Peeb has Olevet's back on this one. Totally agree.

These kids put their heart and soul into the crimson and cream. Their effort on a 'bad' day is more than you could ever hope to match.

Sooner football is elite, and you are right to continually expect that another MNC is just around the corner. I'm frankly puzzled why it's been 12 years and counting.

Boomer Mooner
1/5/2013, 08:49 PM
So you're crying about fans crying? lol Pot, meet kettle.

You just need to be more honest in your posts. Did A&M collapse in the 2nd half? Nope. Did we finally slow little Johnny? Nope. Some of the comments you criticized during the game, mine included, turned out to be 100% true when the clock ran out. Some people are afraid to say negative things during a game, because the ending may prove they didn't know WTF they were talking about. I've had my share of eating crow, but last night was not one of them. :)

Well congratulations on the big loss, good for you. If you think saying negative things in the game post somehow makes you wise than I'm sure you must think your genius. I'm not afraid to say negative things during the game, I choose not to. I get on the game thread because I'm a Sooner fan and I want to cheer the team on along with other like minded fans. The pride you show in your petty bitching during the game since we lost big speaks volumes for you. So here's a toast to tooslow, the Sooners weren't good enough to stop the Heisman winner but at least our fans recognized it early and were able to publicly demean the players and coaches on their own fan website! We should probably go ahead and change the name of the website to tooslowfans.com.

Soonerus
1/5/2013, 08:55 PM
I was at the game and I did not think anybody quit or gave up...that is just bs...

I Am Right
1/5/2013, 09:03 PM
Geeez, we sure don't want to hurt anybody's feelings, lets just not keep score and give everybody a trophy!

SoonerOX
1/5/2013, 09:05 PM
I mentioned it in another thread, but I think that the coaching staff has stopped innovating. I just don't see any intriguing schemes out there. It all just seems so vanilla. I'm at a loss as to what is going on in the coaches' heads when it comes to preparing for an opponent. Sure, you want to have an identity as a team on both sides of the ball, but they must keep innovating within that philosophy to make the program better.

Boomer Mooner
1/5/2013, 09:05 PM
I was at the game and I did not think anybody quit or gave up...that is just bs...

There was a lot of BS on the game thread last night. Granted Jones threw an interception, but there were several people blaming him for us having to settle for field goals even when he was literally hitting receivers in the hands while they were in the end zone. And I mean literally in the literal sense. And then our fans posting "game over" while we're still in the first half and then talking about the players "quitting".

Soonerjeepman
1/5/2013, 09:18 PM
It all just seems so vanilla. .

we don't want to show too much for these easy non-conf teams...we are saving our real offense for the Big12 title race~

oh wait, that's the excuse at the BEGINNING of the season!! lol

soonercastor
1/5/2013, 09:20 PM
http://thenewsportsguru.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/ousux.0_standard_709.0.gif

Soonerjeepman
1/5/2013, 09:21 PM
?

SoonerOX
1/5/2013, 09:21 PM
we don't want to show too much for these easy non-conf teams...we are saving our real offense for the Big12 title race~

oh wait, that's the excuse at the BEGINNING of the season!! lol

Haha! I know that's right!

Boomer Mooner
1/5/2013, 09:23 PM
Geeez, we sure don't want to hurt anybody's feelings, lets just not keep score and give everybody a trophy!

We lost and it sucks. We all want to win the NC every year but it doesn't work that way. I'll take the trophy for hoping Stoops gets things figured out and turns the team around. Some of you people wanting him to leave might want to think about how many coaches we went through between Switzer and Stoops and how much fun it was during that time as a fan.

You can have the trophy for being a whiney bitch on the official game thread on our own FAN website. Damn team and coaches just aren't up to your level and haven't put in the same effort on the field as you have sitting in your recliner tapping away on your laptop while you drink beer and watch the game.

StoopTroup
1/6/2013, 10:06 PM
Anyone wanting a guy gone that won a National Championship for our University needs their head examined. This is his job and until he quits being competitive in this Conference and is constantly posting loses against texas and stoolwater and our Team isn't playing in Bowls.

Quite frankly....considering just how good he is....you'd be better just rooting for someone else or hoping he gets tired of working in a place he's not wanted. This is Bob's job as long as he wants it and the Day he does leave.....they will be planning to build a Statue of him next to Bud and Barry.

No one was saying anything like this prior to losing to aTm. Calm down and quit with all the damn hysterics.

TUSooner
1/6/2013, 10:16 PM

Which way is he tipping?!

Soonerjeepman
1/6/2013, 10:17 PM
No one was saying anything like this prior to losing to aTm. Calm down and quit with all the damn hysterics.

ST...really? lol....every loss, tons of folks, even me...has said this! but I agree he is good coach. Next yr will be interesting with new D players.

VA Sooner
1/6/2013, 10:52 PM
I stayed away from the game thread for this exact reason... leaving the kids alone.

Defense wasn't our strength this year and it will be up to the coaches to get this turned around in the off-season. Will give 'em this past weekend off...

but starting tomorrow....

Soonerjeepman
1/6/2013, 11:06 PM
think they took Friday off...

lol, just had to say that~ next year will be interesting.

goingoneight
1/7/2013, 12:57 AM
Quit worrying about what angry fans think. Most of them are out trying on their new Aggie jerseys for 2013 as we speak anyway. I promise you, the good, usual posters will be all that's around these parts by the Red/White Game. They only show up to **** on the coaches when they don't have the slightest clue what actually happened.
I was pissed because having seen many OU losses like this... it was a vintage choke job where the team let a missed opportunity or two snowball on them. Anyone who doesn't think we had a lot of players give up on plays last night wasn't watching the game. It happens when a team loses focus. Doesn't mean it's all over. Bob brought us back after the 2005 Orange Bowl which was far more embarrassing a game for OU. Just wait and see how it works out in 2013. You all do remember how that A&M team was 5-7 and going absolutely nowhere a year ago, right? Just relax and when this team fires off a 6-6 year-- then you can continue bitching. I saw Bob make a 10-3 team out of 6-6 talent this year. I'm willing to see how things work out now that dramatic changes in scheme will be made due to attrition.

Sooner in Tampa
1/7/2013, 09:44 AM
Anyone wanting a guy gone that won a National Championship for our University needs their head examined. This is his job and until he quits being competitive in this Conference and is constantly posting loses against texas and stoolwater and our Team isn't playing in Bowls.

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph...how long ago was that National Championship??? It seems like an eternity ago...how long does that excuse last?

If you are satisified beating up sorry *** sexat teams and the little brothers over in stoolwater...that's fine. I think a great deal of fans are tired of egg laying bowl performances and all the freakin excuses.

And spare me the BS about UConn in the Fiesta Bowl...

I am not trying run Bob out of town on rail...nor any other coach...I just want them to have a fire and desire to be the best team in the country. I think they lack that. That's just my opinion as a humble fan.

Ton Loc
1/7/2013, 10:32 AM
I just want them to have a fire and desire to be the best team in the country. I think they lack that. That's just my opinion as a humble fan.

Heh, I wish I had the superhuman ability to judge fire and passion from the seat of my couch. And to think - that's all they're missing - fire and passion.

Ahh, opinions of fan. Really, your only job is to shut up and cheer. Maybe throw a few bucks towards the program. Really, the powers that could be could care less outside of the money part.

Know your place and your role as a fan.