PDA

View Full Version : So containment. Is that taught anymore?

Jason White's Third Knee
1/4/2013, 10:23 PM
Good god. I learned it when I was 10. Is it really not a part of out defense? This is nuts. We have guys that are close but don't turn the guy back in. Horrid.

soonercastor
1/4/2013, 10:24 PM
I learned it when I was 10.

I will give you a scholarship to be on my backyard team.

Eielson
1/4/2013, 10:26 PM
It's hard to contain when both your defensive ends are getting swallowed up on every play.

8timechamps
1/4/2013, 10:37 PM
We knew our defense was "iffy" coming into this one, and I'm going to go ahead and swallow my pride and say that Manziel is really as good as advertised. I know there's a lot of time left in this game, but it's not looking good.

SoonerLB
1/4/2013, 11:13 PM
"iffy" seems to be rather genorous in the case of this defense, just sayin' . . . :(

8timechamps
1/4/2013, 11:14 PM
"iffy" seems to be rather genorous in the case of this defense, just sayin' . . . :(

The only reason I gave them "iffy" was because they were considered "good" at one point. Maybe I should have said average, trending to poor...

Eielson
1/4/2013, 11:17 PM
I'd say he's very good. I don't think he's in the Heisman race very many years, though. With the exception of draft experts, I don't think that people have talked about his two tackles nearly enough. They make things real easy for him.

cyclonesooner
1/4/2013, 11:25 PM
You are right JWTK. Pathetic containment fundamentals. DE coming inside under the block, We stunt and no one has the pitch man on the option. Great defense and coaching schemes. I'd rather watch the NBA. Pitiful

Tear Down This Wall
1/5/2013, 01:12 AM
Hey, dude...those who pointed this out after the K-State fiasco were pooh-poohed.

Also...we're not allowed to blitz. That is so Brent Venables...totally yesterday's news.

OkieThunderLion
1/5/2013, 01:19 AM
It's hard to contain when both your defensive ends are getting swallowed up on every play.

This.

Not to mention, the spies they were using were no match for Manziel.

BajaOklahoma
1/5/2013, 01:58 AM
My daughter was talking about the lack of containment and ability to tackle/wrap 'em up. She's only been into football for 8 years.

In the 3rd quarter, when Bob decided to punt instead of going for it on it on 4th and 14(?), we just looked at each other and said Bob gave up on the team.
And what was Landry yelling at Shepard for? Landry threw the crappy pass (blocked by the cult), Shepard had nothing to do with it.

It was 75% aggies in the stadium.

ashley
1/5/2013, 10:20 AM
Damn, quit whining. Didn't anyone watch the game. Our containment problems were caused by their QB.