PDA

View Full Version : Excellent game, excellent 1st half!

BoulderSooner79
1/4/2013, 10:00 PM
We've run ~50 plays. That should show in the 2nd half as long as we continue to drive.

Good news:
- LJ is on target
- We've gotten almost every break.
- aTm receiver doesn't catch sure TD and we intercept
- couple of ticky-tack calls go our way
- Stills push-off in the endzone doesn't get flagged

Bad news:
- We are who we thought we were on defense
- Manziel is faster than our D and we are getting zero pass rush
- They have all the explosive plays and we don't look dangerous to get any
- breaks almost always even out. Make-up calls coming?
- They are ready for the Belldozer

Bottom line: if we keep driving relentlessly, they will tire by
the middle to end of the 3rd and we take over. Just need to
keep the game close until then. If we foul up and have a couple
of 3-and-outs while they keep getting big plays, they take over.

cleller
1/4/2013, 10:02 PM
Our red zone performance tonight is a major concern to me.

Nothing hurts worse than being close enough to spit into the endzone, and not getting there.

BoulderSooner79
1/4/2013, 10:10 PM
Our red zone performance tonight is a major concern to me.

Nothing hurts worse than being close enough to spit into the endzone, and not getting there.

True, but the good games are figured out in the first half and won in the second. We've made more progress then they have even though they lead by 1. I would have taken the flag on 1 the first redzone possession to get the extra play. They stuffed Bell and sniff out the pass play from the Belldozer - another play might have scored. LJ put too much mustard on the ball for Millard on the 2nd possession - a WR would catch that, but you can't expect a back to. Little things. Those 50 plays we ran are in the legs of the aTm defense. They will recover a bit from half time, but if we have a long drive to start the 3rd, they will tire quickly and stay that way. I hope we keep dinkin' and dunkin' until we know they are spent and then things will open up.

BoulderSooner79
1/4/2013, 10:36 PM

Well crap, I hope I completely wrong now.

8timechamps
1/4/2013, 10:39 PM
This was going to be a "team with the ball last wins" kind of game anyway, but the two three and outs to start the half have really put OU behind the eight ball. I also don't see any way the Sooners can stop Manziel. We just don't have the personnel on defense to stop the kid.

OUInformant
1/4/2013, 10:42 PM
We've run ~50 plays. That should show in the 2nd half as long as we continue to drive.

Good news:
- LJ is on target
- We've gotten almost every break.
- aTm receiver doesn't catch sure TD and we intercept
- couple of ticky-tack calls go our way
- Stills push-off in the endzone doesn't get flagged

Bad news:
- We are who we thought we were on defense
- Manziel is faster than our D and we are getting zero pass rush
- They have all the explosive plays and we don't look dangerous to get any
- breaks almost always even out. Make-up calls coming?
- They are ready for the Belldozer

Bull****!

BoulderSooner79
1/4/2013, 10:53 PM
Bull****!

Unfortunately, not Bull**** . It is going exactly as I predicted along the bad choice of 3 and outs. I wish it were Bull with lots of '*'s.

StoopTroup
1/4/2013, 10:54 PM
Bull****!

http://fullscalesports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/LoyalBandwagoner2.jpg

BoulderSooner79
1/4/2013, 11:52 PM
Excellent 1st half, nightmare 2nd half.

The 41 by aTm doesn't surprise me much. I would have hoped to keep them in the 30's. But OU being shutout in the 2nd? Does not compute; I wouldn't have believed if I didn't watch.

Bottom line: they was better than us. Whatever adjustments were made at halftime worked like a charm for aTm, but our adjustments were completely benign. Very disappointing, but I guess it shows the fact we barely squeaked by 4 teams that finished only 7-5 at the end of the season was no fluke. We were just a bit better than 7-5 and not a real 10-2 monster.

OUNASH
1/4/2013, 11:55 PM
Excellent 1st half, nightmare 2nd half.

The 41 by aTm doesn't surprise me much. I would have hoped to keep them in the 30's. But OU being shutout in the 2nd? Does not compute; I wouldn't have believed if I didn't watch.

Bottom line: they was better than us. Whatever adjustments were made at halftime worked like a charm for aTm, but our adjustments were completely benign. Very disappointing, but I guess it shows the fact we barely squeaked by 4 teams that finished only 7-5 at the end of the season was no fluke. We were just a bit better than 7-5 and not a real 10-2 monster.

The problem is we never make adjustments at halftime. We never change anything up and it bites us in the butt.

OUInformant
1/5/2013, 12:52 AM
Game over.

OUInformant
1/5/2013, 12:53 AM
Well, considering I donate thousand and thousands to the university, keep saying that.