PDA

View Full Version : As much as I dislike LSU, I love this

8timechamps
1/3/2013, 07:13 PM
The LSU strength & conditioning coach posted this on his office window, for NFL scouts to see:

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A_OzmH2CEAIxKkN.jpg

I love it!

SoonerNomad
1/3/2013, 07:15 PM
That's some pretty big names on that list. It appears The Honey Badger wasn't the only ego on that squad.

8timechamps
1/3/2013, 07:17 PM
That's some pretty big names on that list. It appears The Honey Badger wasn't the only ego on that squad.

Yep. I think that speaks volumes about the Les Miles approach. Missing workouts and considered "players that care only about themselves" by a coach...I think kids have lost playing time for those reasons at OU.

Turd_Ferguson
1/3/2013, 09:18 PM
buncha ****'n thugs...

olevetonahill
1/3/2013, 10:07 PM
doosh

hvhurricane
1/3/2013, 10:52 PM
Just another example of roided out strength and conditioning coach. One of my strength and conditioning coaches in college, who went on to be the strength coach for the Chiefs, belonged in a mental institution.

StoopTroup
1/3/2013, 11:00 PM
I kind of like things like that as long as they are kept in-house but posting that on a message board would **** me off if it was done at OU. As long as Less Smiles is doing it....it's funny as hell.

SCOUT
1/3/2013, 11:01 PM
That is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

StoopTroup
1/3/2013, 11:18 PM

Was thinking the same thing.

bluedogok
1/3/2013, 11:26 PM
The story that I read was it was someone walking through the offices and took the pic and posted it up.

BetterSoonerThanLater
1/3/2013, 11:44 PM
Be interested to see how much playing time they missed because of it.

StoopTroup
1/3/2013, 11:56 PM
The story that I read was it was someone walking through the offices and took the pic and posted it up.

I wonder if it's been taken down now?

SCOUT
1/4/2013, 12:06 AM
Damage done. Pick a name from the list. Say they are drafted in 2nd, or not drafted at all. The reason is because potential employers (scouts - but not me!) were told by an authority figure with the university that they weren't a hard worker. That claim is not provable and, they will claim, not true. Damages are pretty easy to claim when we are talking about slips in the draft.

Funny, but stupid to the highest degree.

Soonerjeepman
1/4/2013, 01:14 AM
nobody ever accused Les of being too smart...par for the course.

OUinFLA
1/4/2013, 07:27 AM
Are NFL scouts even allowed inside NCAA University athletic facilities?

Missed workouts would be documented, excuse slips would be kept on file.

I'm leaning towards "spoof" on this sign.

Even Miles is not going ot allow that type of potential liability in his organization.

Mac94
1/4/2013, 08:58 AM
At least one of those guys is a freshman ... wonder if this was an in house prank of some kind? Odd to say the least.

soonertodd
1/4/2013, 09:52 AM
That's awesome!

sooneron
1/4/2013, 10:02 AM
http://cineplex.media.baselineresearch.com/images/320019/320019_large.jpg

"I approve"

badger
1/4/2013, 11:29 AM

My India-native pediatrician said it best: The U.S. is a lawsuit country.

If a pansy-arse player or his family sue over getting tagged as a slack on a coach's door, then he deserves to not have an NFL career.

LakeRat
1/4/2013, 12:39 PM
I really like this motivational tactic.

SoonerNomad
1/4/2013, 03:46 PM
Damage done. Pick a name from the list. Say they are drafted in 2nd, or not drafted at all. The reason is because potential employers (scouts - but not me!) were told by an authority figure with the university that they weren't a hard worker. That claim is not provable and, they will claim, not true. Damages are pretty easy to claim when we are talking about slips in the draft.

Funny, but stupid to the highest degree.

Are you a lawyer SCOUT because in my experience it would be much harder for those attorneys to prove this sign had anything to do with where someone is drafted than it would be for the conditioning coach to prove these guys didn't show up on time or didn't do something else they were supposed to do. I don't believe there is any chance that any of these guys could win a lawsuit.

8timechamps
1/4/2013, 04:29 PM
I really like it. I don't see how anyone could sue over the sign. The S&C coach was posting information for Scouts (his opinion). He didn't post it in a newspaper, or go on TV and make those claims. It was a sign posted in his office, inside the LSU facilities. I'm sure this wasn't the first time he's done this.

Like I said earlier, players with that kind of behavior don't see playing time at OU. Just tells you how Les operates.

jkjsooner
1/4/2013, 04:31 PM
I don't see the legal issues. Most of it was just the S&C coach's opinion and he is entitled to his opinions on player's work ethic. The factual parts can be backed up pretty easily. Not a lawyer though.

The biggest problem is that this can't help recruiting. Recruits wondering of the coaches are going to sabatoge their efforts to get into the NFL is not a good thing at all. My guess this wasn't intented for public disclosure and was intended to just be a motivational tool.

8timechamps
1/4/2013, 04:34 PM
I don't see the legal issues. Most of it was just the S&C coach's opinion and he is entitled to his opinions on player's work ethic. The factual parts can be backed up pretty easily. Not a lawyer though.

The biggest problem is that this can't help recruiting. Recruits wondering of the coaches are going to sabatoge their efforts to get into the NFL is not a good thing at all. My guess this wasn't intented for public disclosure and was intended to just be a motivational tool.

I agree, from what I've read, this wasn't supposed to be for public consumption (but when you post something like that, it's bound to get out). As much as I like it, it was kind of a dumb move. Sure, it may help motivate the current players, but like you said, it could hurt recruiting.

Sometimes it irritates me that Stoops uses the "we've dealt with that in house" line, but it is the best way to handle most issues that arise from players not putting forth a full effort. For no other reason than it doesn't end up on the internet.

badger
1/4/2013, 04:56 PM
I like many of the things Stoops does compared with Lester's LSU:

Stoops: Oklahoma Drill
Lester: "Big Cat" Drill, tamer version of Oklahoma Drill

Stoops: No oversigning
Lester: Grayshirting and going on vacation overseas while letters sent out about scholarships not being renewed (http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5935634&categoryid=2564308)

Stoops: Visor
Lester: Oversized hat

List goes on

Scott D
1/4/2013, 07:16 PM
I'd argue that Leslie wears an undersized hat, not oversized hat.