PDA

View Full Version : Al Jazeera buys Al Gore's Current TV

Wishboned
1/3/2013, 03:18 PM
Negotiations concernting the sale of the Internet are still ongoing.

And I hear Al Jazeera is interested in bringing back Keith Olbermann.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/02/business/al-jazeera-current-tv/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Midtowner
1/3/2013, 03:24 PM
Is that like an internet channel or sumpin'?

Al Jazeera is really good for international news though. Better than the BBC even.

okie52
1/3/2013, 04:15 PM

Al Jazeera is really good for international news though. Better than the BBC even.

Better than the BBC? By whose measure?

They'll be better than Current, though.

BermudaSooner
1/3/2013, 04:17 PM

Anytime I want to see me some towel heads dragging a soldier's body through the streets while onlookers cheer, it is always Al Jazeera I turn to...

soonercruiser
1/3/2013, 04:30 PM

:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:
NOW WE KNOW THE TRUTH!
Mid is a rag-head lawyer!
It's all beginning to make sense now......not good sense......but becoming clear none the less.
:smiley_simmons:

soonercruiser
1/3/2013, 04:31 PM
But, I thought that Al Gore's TV was a 21 inch B&W????

sappstuf
1/3/2013, 04:46 PM

They are funded by "Big Oil".

okie52
1/3/2013, 05:19 PM
They are funded by "Big Oil".

Filthy baztards.

Midtowner
1/3/2013, 05:49 PM
:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:
NOW WE KNOW THE TRUTH!
Mid is a rag-head lawyer!
It's all beginning to make sense now......not good sense......but becoming clear none the less.
:smiley_simmons:

Nice.

That's classy as f*** right there.

Midtowner
1/3/2013, 05:51 PM
Anytime I want to see me some towel heads dragging a soldier's body through the streets while onlookers cheer, it is always Al Jazeera I turn to...

Clearly you never watch or read it. I have both the Al Jazeera and BBC news apps. I prefer Al Jazeera.

A few years back, they seemed a little too influenced by Islam, but that has certainly tapered off. They're a quality organization these days, you might expect a pro-Palestine bias now and again, but like any news service, the reporters' biases are going to color their reporting.

soonercruiser
1/3/2013, 08:34 PM
Clearly you never watch or read it. I have both the Al Jazeera and BBC news apps. I prefer Al Jazeera.

A few years back, they seemed a little too influenced by Islam, but that has certainly tapered off. They're a quality organization these days, you might expect a pro-Palestine bias now and again, but like any news service, the reporters' biases are going to color their reporting.

:cower:

I wonder if Al Jazeera uses as many **** words "on-air" as the lawyers do posting on this forum?

StoopTroup
1/3/2013, 08:56 PM
I've been to an al-jazerra website a couple of times. I think it was because of some beheadings some murdering bastage did though. I really don't see it going over in America.

olevetonahill
1/3/2013, 11:58 PM
Heh, Glen beck tried to buy it Last year

Al said NO cause
Al-Jazeera wasn't the only media company with its sights set on former Vice President Al Gore's little-watched Current TV.

Glenn Beck's Blaze Media approached the struggling cable news network last year, the Wall Street Journal reports, but was rebuffed because "the legacy of who the network goes to is important to us and we are sensitive to networks not aligned with our point of view."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/01/03/al-gore-current-tv-glenn-beck-al-jazeera/#ixzz2GynwNllA

So now we know

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/4/2013, 12:03 AM
But, I thought that Al Gore's TV was a 21 inch B&W????Did he have to sell it overseas? holy cow, what was he asking for it anyway, a grove full of date palms, and a half dozen oil wells?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/4/2013, 12:06 AM
:cower:

I wonder if Al Jazeera uses as many **** words "on-air" as the lawyers do posting on this forum?a new place to proclaim "death to America".

SCOUT
1/4/2013, 12:44 AM
I am a firm believer that you should take your profits where you can. The hypocrisy would be a little tough to swallow if it weren't so common.

I remember Teddy Kennedy complaining about people using loopholes to avoid taxes. Where is the Kennedy fortune? Grand Cayman.

sappstuf
1/4/2013, 03:04 AM
Al Gore was trying to get the sell completed before the end of 2012 so he wouldn't have to pay his "fair share" of taxes...

From the NYTimes:

Al Jazeera did not disclose the purchase price, but people with direct knowledge of the deal pegged it at around $500 million, indicating a $100 million payout for Mr. Gore, who owned 20 percent of Current. Mr. Gore and his partners were eager to complete the deal by Dec. 31, lest it be subject to higher tax rates that took effect on Jan. 1, according to several people who insisted on anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly. But the deal was not signed until Wednesday.

I guess he wanted to keep as much of that dirty, polluting oil money as he could...

okie52
1/4/2013, 06:43 AM
Al Gore was trying to get the sell completed before the end of 2012 so he wouldn't have to pay his "fair share" of taxes...

From the NYTimes:

I guess he wanted to keep as much of that dirty, polluting oil money as he could...

Hey Al's an honest guy...he recently admitted they may have missed the mark on pushing
ethanol.

Of course it's still mandated to be included in our fuel supply but what the hell...

Wishboned
1/4/2013, 07:55 PM
Time Warner and Bright House cable have both dropped Current TV after the announcement.

soonercruiser
1/4/2013, 10:43 PM
Did he have to sell it overseas? holy cow, what was he asking for it anyway, a grove full of date palms, and a half dozen oil wells?

I heard a report that good ole Al will end up owning more oil assets than GW and Cheney combined!
Hypocrisy!

diverdog
1/5/2013, 02:46 AM

From the NYTimes:

A hundred mil? Are you f'ing kidding me? You couldn't pay me to watch that channel.

Ole Al can attract some pretty decent pu$$y with that kind of quid.

We need to start a reality TV series with olevet. Ima thinking he would be real entertaining. Kind of cross between the gator wrastlers, moonshiners and duck dynasty dudes with a little Paula Dean thrown in for good measure.