PDA

View Full Version : I pray to god Christie runs for POTUS

diverdog
1/3/2013, 04:06 AM
Go get em Gov.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/02/opinion/avlon-christie-sandy-aid/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

KABOOKIE
1/3/2013, 07:24 AM
Waaaa Christie. Boehner says, "We had some other important issues to deal with. You can go **** yourself."

okie52
1/3/2013, 07:35 AM
This is the same guy that signed a 1 year ban on fracking in NJ (LOL) and drooled all over obamas dick right before the election.

Midtowner
1/3/2013, 07:43 AM
Oh my God, a Republican who isn't a dogmatic lunatic. He must be stopped!

But yeah, he's going to have a hard time winning the primary (like Romney). I'd vote for Christie because at least publicly, he seems more loyal to his constituents than the party bosses.

okie52
1/3/2013, 07:47 AM
Oh my God, a Republican who isn't a dogmatic lunatic. He must be stopped!

But yeah, he's going to have a hard time winning the primary (like Romney). I'd vote for Christie because at least publicly, he seems more loyal to his constituents than the party bosses.

Well obviously he is no Bloomberg....he'd never ban a 20oz coke.

Midtowner
1/3/2013, 07:49 AM

haha... fat joke..

clever.

diverdog
1/3/2013, 08:02 AM
This is the same guy that signed a 1 year ban on fracking in NJ (LOL) and drooled all over obamas dick right before the election.

Oh the horror. A one year ban in the great gas producing state of NJ. Is that all you got?

okie52
1/3/2013, 08:12 AM
Oh the horror. A one year ban in the great gas producing state of NJ. Is that all you got?

That's the humor of it...NJ is barely in the Marcellus and their brilliant state legislature rushed to put a permanent ban on fracking with no scientific evidence to support their position. Christie, rather just vetoing it, makes it a 1 year ban.

Bloomberg may ban 20 oz cokes but he embraced ng (although I could see why Christie would be reluctant to ban cokes).

The pubs don't need another candidate from new england.

Curly Bill
1/3/2013, 08:22 AM
Don't know if I like the guy or not? I thought I did, but fellating Obammy right before the election did indeed p*ss me off!

okie52
1/3/2013, 08:27 AM
Don't know if I like the guy or not? I thought I did, but fellating Obammy right before the election did indeed p*ss me off!

He's a grandstander for sure. Not saying I wouldn't vote for him but right now he's down my list of future candidates.

Midtowner
1/3/2013, 08:32 AM
He's a grandstander for sure. Not saying I wouldn't vote for him but right now he's down my list of future candidates.

Assuming her health checks out, if the Republicans can't put up a credible moderate, they don't stand a chance at winning back the WH. At this point, I'm guessing Rubio is your frontrunner--and he has been doing everything he can to set himself up as being ideologically pure.

okie52
1/3/2013, 08:39 AM
Assuming her health checks out, if the Republicans can't put up a credible moderate, they don't stand a chance at winning back the WH. At this point, I'm guessing Rubio is your frontrunner--and he has been doing everything he can to set himself up as being ideologically pure.

Not sure I'll vote pub in 2016 no matter who they run. Rubios only draw to me would be that he would impact the Hispanic vote...the dems are sunk without it.

The pubs have run 2 moderates the last 2 elections and lost...not sure running another one
Will be the answer.

Midtowner
1/3/2013, 08:41 AM
The pubs have run 2 moderates the last 2 elections and lost...not sure running another one
Will be the answer.

Trouble is, those pubs had to pass such a strict ideology test in the primary that they had to completely reverse course for the general election. Also... Sarah Palin? Paul Ryan? Some very difficult to defend choices there.

Huntsman would have won it this time around.

okie52
1/3/2013, 08:44 AM
Trouble is, those pubs had to pass such a strict ideology test in the primary that they had to completely reverse course for the general election. Also... Sarah Palin? Paul Ryan? Some very difficult to defend choices there.

Huntsman would have won it this time around.

Palin was weak. Ryan was okay. **** it's not like Biden is something to be proud of....and edwards....well....

Huntsman was an open borders, dream act, cap and trade supporter. He won't even be on the radar. He sure wouldn't have my support.

diverdog
1/3/2013, 08:44 AM
That's the humor of it...NJ is barely in the Marcellus and their brilliant state legislature rushed to put a permanent ban on fracking with no scientific evidence to support their position. Christie, rather just vetoing it, makes it a 1 year ban.

Bloomberg may ban 20 oz cokes but he embraced ng (although I could see why Christie would be reluctant to ban cokes).

The pubs don't need another candidate from new england.

Christy is not Romney.

The Republicans do need to run a bunch of nut bags who are out of touch with the American public.

diverdog
1/3/2013, 08:46 AM
Not sure I'll vote pub in 2016 no matter who they run. Rubios only draw to me would be that he would impact the Hispanic vote...the dems are sunk without it.

Will be the answer.

If Rubio runs in an anti immigration stand he won't get the Hispanic vote.

Midtowner
1/3/2013, 08:48 AM
Palin was weak. Ryan was okay. **** it's not like Biden is something to be proud of....and edwards....well....

Biden >>>>> Palin and Ryan.

Biden is certainly no lightweight. He subbed in at the last moment for Harry Reid to save us from the fiscal cliff.

Midtowner
1/3/2013, 08:48 AM

And if he doesn't run anti-immigration, he won't win the primary. His best bet is to become Mr. etch-a-sketch. A tried and true strategy.

okie52
1/3/2013, 08:52 AM

**** Romney ran a pretty hard Anti Illegal Immigration Stance ( seems like that always needs clarifying for you libs) and got 25% of the Hispanic vote. Rubio will roll out a new plan that doesn't offer amnesty but gives the invaders legal residency and he'll be their hero.

jk the sooner fan
1/3/2013, 08:55 AM
i love it when liberals argue who the best GOP candidate for POTUS is

big smiles

okie52
1/3/2013, 08:57 AM
Biden >>>>> Palin and Ryan.

Biden is certainly no lightweight. He subbed in at the last moment for Harry Reid to save us from the fiscal cliff.

Yeah,Biden convinced pubs to vote for the bill.

Joe "clean coal " Biden is good for comic relief.

olevetonahill
1/3/2013, 09:05 AM

big smiles

4 years before the next election even.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/3/2013, 09:12 AM

big smiles

gotta love it when pubs want the tent to be as small as possible.

okie52
1/3/2013, 09:16 AM
Christy is not Romney.

The Republicans do need to run a bunch of nut bags who are out of touch with the American public.

So far I prefer Romney.

Neither party can run nut bags. Christie may not be Romney but he gives the appearance of being a new england jerk and that won't gain him support with the pubs. And anti fracking stances are for fruitcakes.

okie52
1/3/2013, 09:18 AM

Citizens only...if you please.

jk the sooner fan
1/3/2013, 09:26 AM

thats an idiotic comment- do you remember how many GOP candidates there were when the last election cycle started?

nutinbutdust
1/3/2013, 09:32 AM
Did Christie ask Reid why he added 191 Billion in pork to the 9 billion they originally asked for? I know sandy affected the fisheries in alaska....

Facing intense pressure, Boehner agreed Wednesday to schedule a vote Friday on $9 billion for the national flood insurance program and another vote Jan. 15 for a remaining $51 billion in the package, said Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y. The new Congress is being sworn in Thursday.

King left a meeting with Boehner and other Republicans without the anger that had led him to rip into the speaker on the House floor, calling Boehner's attitude "dismissive" and "cavalier."

"It was a very positive meeting," King said afterward.

King told NBC's "Today" on Thursday that Boehner had ultimately come through for New York and New Jersey and said he expected Boehner to be reelected as speaker. King said he would vote for Boehner.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/3/2013, 09:46 AM
thats an idiotic comment- do you remember how many GOP candidates there were when the last election cycle started?

I believe there were 10 at the beginning. I watched most of the debates.

Bachmann

Cain

Gingrich

Huntsman

Johnson

Paul

Pawlenty

Perry

Romney

Santorum

jk the sooner fan
1/3/2013, 09:48 AM
10 candidates - yeah thats a tiny tent

and your comment had zilch to do with my original response - but you go boy!

Soonerjeepman
1/3/2013, 10:09 AM

big smiles

no doubt, it's like pepsi giving suggestions for new coke commercials...lol

Midtowner
1/3/2013, 10:13 AM

10 candidates is not a reflection on the size of the tent, rather the acceptable positions were. The primary was a contest to see who could be the most extreme rather than the most reasonable. That's not a reflection of tent size. And then you look at the quality of the candidates, from "pray the gay away" Bachmann to can't-keep-it-in-his-pants Cain, y'all showed some real quality there. Romney was a man amongst boys in that field, but when it came to the national stage, with the extreme positions he took early on, he was extremely vulnerable.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/3/2013, 10:21 AM

The "big tent" concept refers to those who might be attracted to pub candidates and vote for one, not the number of candidates. Those you label as "liberal" might support a pub candidate if the party didn't work so hard to keep the tent small.

Just read the gazillion message boards on which pubs write comments. It's as if they are thinking, "Let's see, who can I alienate from the GOP today?"

okie52
1/3/2013, 10:37 AM
juan-love to have you in our tent provided you bring the tacos, help and interpreters.

olevetonahill
1/3/2013, 10:40 AM
juan-love to have you in our tent provided you bring the tacos, help and interpreters.

Help as in Cleaning Ladys , Lettuce an tamater pickers. Gotta have fresh produce

yermom
1/3/2013, 10:40 AM

big smiles

well, they should be electable. i mean, i'm not really an Obama fan, but i didn't see anyone out of the GOP this time i'd pick over Obama. i didn't hate McCain 4 years ago. i'm thinking i'd take W over Romney

SanJoaquinSooner
1/3/2013, 10:48 AM

No need for interpreters to enjoy the tacos!

okie52
1/3/2013, 10:49 AM
Help as in Cleaning Ladys , Lettuce an tamater pickers. Gotta have fresh produce

Absolutely.

olevetonahill
1/3/2013, 10:50 AM

We talkin the Crunchy Kind or those Nice soft ones ?

okie52
1/3/2013, 10:50 AM

The senoritas tacos might take some talking...or margueritas.

jk the sooner fan
1/3/2013, 10:51 AM
well, they should be electable. i mean, i'm not really an Obama fan, but i didn't see anyone out of the GOP this time i'd pick over Obama. i didn't hate McCain 4 years ago. i'm thinking i'd take W over Romney

i dont disagree with any of that - i said from the beginning - that while Romney is a good man - wasnt electable over Obama -and that the lack of a "superstar" candidate was a sad state for the GOP

i really think the biggest issue facing the right - is the left's ability to promote class warfare. At Obama's presser on NYE day - he said with the new budget bill - the rich were finally going to pay their "fair share" - and the audience applauded

the left thinks rich people are bad, that big oil companies are evil because they make a profit -we must penalize them ...nevermind the fact that rich people create jobs, they write pay checks, they generate business and stimulate the economy - nevermind the fact that the smallest percentage of income earners in this country already pay the biggest share of the tax burden - but by all means - lets stick it to them some more

so the left and all that vote for them - the sheep - are led to believe that the GOP candidates are only for the rich -it's a losing game and until the GOP can debunk that belief - they're going to continue losing POTUS elections

FaninAma
1/3/2013, 10:59 AM
Christie is too tightly wound and pisses too many people off on both sides of the aisle. Maybe the public will go for that but I doubt he can get the support in the primaries to be a serious contender.

There is just one issue a candidate should be judged on....the defcit and spending. Every other issue is just noise. The biggest threat to the country needs to be addressed before worrying about whether Ted can legally Marry Bob or if 14 year old Sally has open and full access to get an abortion without her parents' permission.

Chrisite's credentials on the defcit are lacking. He is just a fatter, more offensive version of Romney.

FaninAma
1/3/2013, 11:03 AM
Christy is not Romney.

I assume you are talking about the religious right. If so I find it ironic that you indicated a desire to "pray" for Christie as the candidate. Typical.

yermom
1/3/2013, 11:14 AM
i dont disagree with any of that - i said from the beginning - that while Romney is a good man - wasnt electable over Obama -and that the lack of a "superstar" candidate was a sad state for the GOP

i really think the biggest issue facing the right - is the left's ability to promote class warfare. At Obama's presser on NYE day - he said with the new budget bill - the rich were finally going to pay their "fair share" - and the audience applauded

the left thinks rich people are bad, that big oil companies are evil because they make a profit -we must penalize them ...nevermind the fact that rich people create jobs, they write pay checks, they generate business and stimulate the economy - nevermind the fact that the smallest percentage of income earners in this country already pay the biggest share of the tax burden - but by all means - lets stick it to them some more

so the left and all that vote for them - the sheep - are led to believe that the GOP candidates are only for the rich -it's a losing game and until the GOP can debunk that belief - they're going to continue losing POTUS elections

but yeah, oil is touchy because they are making record profits while charging us record prices based on nothing. has oil become any more scarce than it was ten years ago when gas was under $2 a gallon?

big oil has us by the balls, and we have nothing we can do about it. that's not partisan, or the media, that's just true.

simply being rich, or having a successful business doesn't make you evil, it's taking advantage of that situation to exploit people that does

jk the sooner fan
1/3/2013, 11:18 AM
oil prices are based largely on future speculations - the market sets the prices much more than the oil companies do

do you know how many taxes and fees oil companies pay? and so what if they are making record profits? there are alot of people that have jobs and are providing for their families because of that! that's a good thing

big oil doesnt have us by the balls - big oil regulation has us by the balls

yermom
1/3/2013, 11:21 AM
now the partisan hackery comes in ;)

it's the deregulation that allows the speculators to rob us.

i assume you mean the regulation on where we can drill?

jk the sooner fan
1/3/2013, 11:22 AM
how bout we save the band width and agree to disagree - you had to inject the partisan hackery comment so no need to go further

MsProudSooner
1/3/2013, 11:47 AM

big smiles

The republicans haven't done a very good job of it lately. Maybe they should let someone else pick their candidate.

olevetonahill
1/3/2013, 11:50 AM
The republicans haven't done a very good job of it lately. Maybe they should let someone else pick their candidate.

Like you Libs? That would be a Hoot.

okie52
1/3/2013, 11:59 AM

Tough spot for the country. Pubs picking candidates that don't win or dems picking bad ones that do win.

diverdog
1/3/2013, 02:21 PM
I assume you are talking about the religious right. If so I find it ironic that you indicated a desire to "pray" for Christie as the candidate. Typical.

Explain to me how the fundies have a lock on Christianity?

And no I was not referring to that in the first place.

Bourbon St Sooner
1/3/2013, 02:37 PM
dd likes to cling to his guns and religion in the big tent of the demo party.

diverdog
1/3/2013, 03:26 PM

As I have stated many times I do not belong to the Democratic Party. Right now I happen to think the Dems are better than the Republicans. So I vote for them for the time being.

soonercruiser
1/3/2013, 04:37 PM

Would he ban hydrolic fracking, like the NY Gov.???

soonercruiser
1/3/2013, 04:39 PM
big smiles

THIS ^^^^
Like we need Mid telling us......

How about we turn the discussion to good Demm candidates, like Joe BiteMe or Harry the Bundler Reid.

Reid could run on a plan to lower taves...his dictatorial "Nine! Nine! Nine Plan!

soonercruiser
1/3/2013, 04:43 PM

No, no!
The Dems aren't far enough Left for the Diver.

StoopTroup
1/3/2013, 04:51 PM
Obviously a lot of you missed Christie's Press Conference yesterday. The guy handles himself like a Pro. When asked about elections he said Primaries were obviously one of the uglier moments in finding a Nominee. Would seem to me he probably thinks that this whole idea that the GOP should allow every person with a "R" besides their name a shot in the Primaries and the Debates leading to a Nominee.

Anyway....he's pretty pissed about the Aide Bill having to be decided by the 113th Congress now. He said everyday that goes by is another day we failed to do something.

Is he a good guy for POTUS? I think that has to do with how all of this pans out after Congress finally sends money to Sandy Victims....or if they ever do.

jk the sooner fan
1/3/2013, 05:13 PM
he's complaining about a bill loaded with pork that hasnt been passed

Christie isnt any more electable than Romney - you're in fantasy land if you think otherwise

the press loves his firey attitude now - but put him in a national election against a democrat and the media would paint him out to be some loose cannon who wasnt fit for office because of anger management problems

ask John McCain about how the media portrays you up to the point where you throw your hat in the ring for POTUS

okie52
1/3/2013, 05:16 PM
Would he ban hydrolic fracking, like the NY Gov.???

Cuomo did a study and came out in support of fracking...however, I think I read where he delayed or approval got delayed.

StoopTroup
1/3/2013, 05:29 PM
he's complaining about a bill loaded with pork that hasnt been passed

Christie isnt any more electable than Romney - you're in fantasy land if you think otherwise

the press loves his firey attitude now - but put him in a national election against a democrat and the media would paint him out to be some loose cannon who wasnt fit for office because of anger management problems

ask John McCain about how the media portrays you up to the point where you throw your hat in the ring for POTUS

I thought McCain was a great choice for POTUS. I just wonder where he went once he was the Nominee?

jk the sooner fan
1/3/2013, 05:34 PM
of course you think he was a great choice :rolleyes:

the press loved him when they were able to label him as the GOP maverick - the one that would shake things up in the party - cause trouble, do things differently

so when he ran - the media turned on him QUICK

and then his campaign lacked any energy whatsoever outside of Sarah Palin - his ability to counterpunch frankly sucked - and he was running against Jesus himself - McCain had zero chance of winning that election - ZERO

talk about a perfect storm....

StoopTroup
1/3/2013, 05:39 PM
of course you think he was a great choice :rolleyes:

the press loved him when they were able to label him as the GOP maverick - the one that would shake things up in the party - cause trouble, do things differently

so when he ran - the media turned on him QUICK

and then his campaign lacked any energy whatsoever outside of Sarah Palin - his ability to counterpunch frankly sucked - and he was running against Jesus himself - McCain had zero chance of winning that election - ZERO

talk about a perfect storm....

That's your view...not mine.

I think John could have run on his Military Service and his Political Seniority and that the biggest Mistake was Palin. She was an Unknown and had very little experience. John should have gone with a Governor with years of experience. Huge Mistake IMO.

jk the sooner fan
1/3/2013, 05:43 PM
Palin was the one that energized an otherwise listless lethargic campaign

i'm not saying she was the answer - but i'm also of the opinion that it wouldnt have mattered who ran with him

the anti-bush rhetoric was so strong - the media was in LOVE with Obama - perfect storm. military service matters little in a national election anymore - just ask Bush 41 (see Bill Clinton)

Midtowner
1/3/2013, 05:45 PM
Palin was the one that energized an otherwise listless lethargic campaign

She brought zero votes.

The hur-dur vote was already voting for McCain.

yermom
1/3/2013, 05:46 PM
the problem is that Palin only made him win more with the pubs that would have voted for him anyway

she might have gotten more of those people out to vote, but she scared anyone in the middle, which is who matters. i know he lost me when he named her. i didn't really care either way before that.

StoopTroup
1/3/2013, 05:49 PM
the problem is that Palin only made him win more with the pubs that would have voted for him anyway

she might have gotten more of those people out to vote, but she scared anyone in the middle, which is who matters. i know he lost me when he named her. i didn't really care either way before that.

I think all you have to do to see what a bad choice Palin was....is to look at her present position in Public Service. John is still working. Palin? I'm not really sure what she is doing.

jk the sooner fan
1/3/2013, 05:50 PM
I think all you have to do to see what a bad choice Palin was....is to look at her present position in Public Service. John is still working. Palin? I'm not really sure what she is doing.

she's making a living - not everybody has to be in public service to make things work

StoopTroup
1/3/2013, 05:58 PM
she's making a living - not everybody has to be in public service to make things work

I think folks who really want to be Vice President or even suddenly have it handed to them and they say yes....well....thy should really know where their career is going once they say yes. In her case....once they lost....she quit her job and made some dough for her Family. It was a smart move for her. For our Country? She looks like an opportunist to me. Someone who gets an honor like she did should move on to another level of Public Service. I think if she had really wanted to make a difference, she would have finished her job as Governor, then maybe do some work for Fox, go on the book tour and then run for Senate. That little bus tour in Iowa was a disruption and has done nothing but hurt the GOP.

Again...this is my opinion.

Bourbon St Sooner
1/3/2013, 06:03 PM
Obviously a lot of you missed Christie's Press Conference yesterday. The guy handles himself like a Pro. When asked about elections he said Primaries were obviously one of the uglier moments in finding a Nominee. Would seem to me he probably thinks that this whole idea that the GOP should allow every person with a "R" besides their name a shot in the Primaries and the Debates leading to a Nominee.

Anyway....he's pretty pissed about the Aide Bill having to be decided by the 113th Congress now. He said everyday that goes by is another day we failed to do something.

Is he a good guy for POTUS? I think that has to do with how all of this pans out after Congress finally sends money to Sandy Victims....or if they ever do.

He's doing what he has to do for the local constituency. Getting in front of cameras and calling Congress a bunch of a-holes is a winning proposition for almost any local politician these days. In 6 months, he'll be busting on Obama again and you'll hate him.

StoopTroup
1/3/2013, 06:13 PM
He's doing what he has to do for the local constituency. Getting in front of cameras and calling Congress a bunch of a-holes is a winning proposition for almost any local politician these days. In 6 months, he'll be busting on Obama again and you'll hate him.

You obviously missed the many House Reps that stood in front of the Speaker the night before that supported everything Christie has said in his Press Conference. Both Parties couldn't believe the Speaker was just going to clear the pending Bills and pass them onto the 113th. It's never happened before and sets a really bad precedent.

I really don't understand where this idea that I won't care for him in 6 months comes from. He's not my Governor anyway so I have no idea why I'd have any feelings good or bad. This is about people who need help. If you don't know anyone up there that lost everything, I can see possibly that you don't give a rats a$$ about them...I do. I know quite a few folks who are helping folks up there too. They are all about to get to the point where they can't do much more than find a safe place for people. Now...they won't put infrastructure back or help businesses or help rebuild the beachheads to possibly avoid a worse hit should another Hurricane ever hit......the list of things needed go on...

jk the sooner fan
1/3/2013, 06:18 PM
I think folks who really want to be Vice President or even suddenly have it handed to them and they say yes....well....thy should really know where their career is going once they say yes. In her case....once they lost....she quit her job and made some dough for her Family. It was a smart move for her. For our Country? She looks like an opportunist to me. Someone who gets an honor like she did should move on to another level of Public Service. I think if she had really wanted to make a difference, she would have finished her job as Governor, then maybe do some work for Fox, go on the book tour and then run for Senate. That little bus tour in Iowa was a disruption and has done nothing but hurt the GOP.

Again...this is my opinion.

yes i can see its your opinion its got your name right beside it

who cares what she did/does after she lost? she was minding her own business in AK when McCain came to her - she doesnt owe anybody a damn thing but her family members

StoopTroup
1/3/2013, 06:25 PM
yes i can see its your opinion its got your name right beside it

who cares what she did/does after she lost? she was minding her own business in AK when McCain came to her - she doesnt owe anybody a damn thing but her family members

True. To bad she didn't just do that instead of saying yes to John.

Bourbon St Sooner
1/3/2013, 06:30 PM
You obviously missed the many House Reps that stood in front of the Speaker the night before that supported everything Christie has said in his Press Conference. Both Parties couldn't believe the Speaker was just going to clear the pending Bills and pass them onto the 113th. It's never happened before and sets a really bad precedent.

I really don't understand where this idea that I won't care for him in 6 months comes from. He's not my Governor anyway so I have no idea why I'd have any feelings good or bad. This is about people who need help. If you don't know anyone up there that lost everything, I can see possibly that you don't give a rats a$$ about them...I do. I know quite a few folks who are helping folks up there too. They are all about to get to the point where they can't do much more than find a safe place for people. Now...they won't put infrastructure back or help businesses or help rebuild the beachheads to possibly avoid a worse hit should another Hurricane ever hit......the list of things needed go on...

You mean the guys that represent those districts that will benefit from the aid. Shocking that they would be in favor of largesse for their own district! I've seen the same thing down here over and over - Hurricane Katrina, Hurricane Rita, Hurricane Gustav, BP Oil Spill. Politicians from both sides get up and blast the villain of the hour to score political points at home.

StoopTroup
1/3/2013, 06:34 PM
You mean the guys that represent those districts that will benefit from the aid. Shocking that they would be in favor of largesse for their own district! I've seen the same thing down here over and over - Hurricane Katrina, Hurricane Rita, Hurricane Gustav, BP Oil Spill. Politicians from both sides get up and blast the villain of the hour to score political points at home.

It's obvious you didn't watch the House on C-Span. There were a lot of folks who's areas won't get a dime. What I did see was a bunch of Reps who's States had all received aide in the past that really thanked the Congress for acting so quickly in their behalf. They came from both sides of the aisle and from East to West and north to South.

olevetonahill
1/3/2013, 07:37 PM
Holy **** The Lib idiots Not only wanta argue Pres Politics 4 years in the future they wanta drag up 4 years ago.
****in idiots

jk the sooner fan
1/3/2013, 07:41 PM
it would not have mattered who McCain picked as a vpotus - it just wouldnt

nobody was going to beat Obama in that election

usmc-sooner
1/3/2013, 07:46 PM
I would have to be on drugs to sit and watch C span and then try to comment on it, as part of my social interaction with people.

olevetonahill
1/3/2013, 07:54 PM
I would have to be on drugs to sit and watch C span and then try to comment on it, as part of my social interaction with people.

:very_drunk:

soonercruiser
1/3/2013, 08:12 PM
I thought McCain was a great choice for POTUS. I just wonder where he went once he was the Nominee?

THIS ^^^^ explains a lot.
Nice "moderate" endorsement Stoop!

I still believe that the North Vietnamese took something very valuable from him.
And, the way he campaigned in 2008 showed it.
(No real fight left!)
There was a time when he would have died for his country. Not 2008!
He should have acted like Obummer was as big a threat as the communist Vietnamese.

StoopTroup
1/3/2013, 08:50 PM
THIS ^^^^ explains a lot.
Nice "moderate" endorsement Stoop!

I still believe that the North Vietnamese took something very valuable from him.
And, the way he campaigned in 2008 showed it.
(No real fight left!)
There was a time when he would have died for his country. Not 2008!
He should have acted like Obummer was as big a threat as the communist Vietnamese.

I read the books about his time as a POW. I don't believe anyone that said he had it easy. That man got worked over. That said...For whatever he lost...God gave him the strength of a 100 men to carry on and be a Senator. I don't always agree with him but I think he would have been 10 times the POTUS Romney would have been.

StoopTroup
1/3/2013, 08:52 PM

All you have to do is DVR it and scan thru to the areas that mean something. I have dealt with the Rules of Order they use quite a bit so it's not something I'm not used to. Plus we have had plenty of football to surf back and forth with. It helped a bit.

StoopTroup
1/3/2013, 08:54 PM
it would not have mattered who McCain picked as a vpotus - it just wouldnt

nobody was going to beat Obama in that election

Unfortunately we will never know. Obviously they didn't pick another Palin in the last one and it was much closer.

jk the sooner fan
1/3/2013, 09:05 PM
it was closer because he had to defend his record

Bourbon St Sooner
1/3/2013, 11:15 PM

It's obvious you didn't watch the House on C-Span. There were a lot of folks who's areas won't get a dime. What I did see was a bunch of Reps who's States had all received aide in the past that really thanked the Congress for acting so quickly in their behalf. They came from both sides of the aisle and from East to West and north to South.

No I obviously didn't watch c-span since I've got 2 young kids and a full time job. I'm glad though that somebody is thankful for anything Congress has done.

Soonerjeepman
1/4/2013, 01:24 AM
the media loves christie? wonder why...he'll get his *** handed to him by whoever the dems put out...again, it's like the wolf guarding the sheep...

diverdog
1/4/2013, 07:15 AM
the media loves christie? wonder why...he'll get his *** handed to him by whoever the dems put out...again, it's like the wolf guarding the sheep...

It is amazing what 6 months will do. I can remember every single righty on this board having a full blown hard-on for Christy. Hell ya all blew your wad when he ripped the head of the teachers union a new ***. What happened to this love affair?

Midtowner
1/4/2013, 07:57 AM
It is amazing what 6 months will do. I can remember every single righty on this board having a full blown hard-on for Christy. Hell ya all blew your wad when he ripped the head of the teachers union a new ***. What happened to this love affair?

He does not pass the Republican purity test and therefore is a RINO, i.e., the enemy.

diverdog
1/4/2013, 07:59 AM
He does not pass the Republican purity test and therefore is a RINO, i.e., the enemy.

But, but, but....I thought they had a big tent and ran 10 candidates and all.

Midtowner
1/4/2013, 08:07 AM
Nope, recall former candidate Huntsman who believed in science and books? Scorned by most Republican voters.

He was a man amongst boys intellectually and would have been a much stronger candidate to win the general election.

Bourbon St Sooner
1/4/2013, 10:08 AM

Remember your current hard on for Christie and see if you still like him in 6 months.

Sooner98
1/4/2013, 10:19 AM

This, times one million.

Unfortunately, if the opinions expressed by the delegates at the 2012 Food Stamp Party National Convention is any indication, it looks like the philosophies of the pre-programmed Obamabots (and the entire Food Stamp Party in general) are slowly eating away at our once-great nation, like a cancer.

07fTsF5BiSM

Midtowner
1/4/2013, 10:30 AM
For every one of those morons, I can give you one of these:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-F3e3Hbq32k0/Tkr8dAjChrI/AAAAAAAAASI/suMVPmt7NXU/s320/teapartysign1sm.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-EZv6KXz3F04/TksIPGjId4I/AAAAAAAAASY/aRFal8lFlO4/s320/obamabestsignever.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9F9dgQVvEQc/TksKUf4nOXI/AAAAAAAAASg/blXgv2DxQdk/s1600/englishonly.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4s5WvfbUB2I/TksK5Kg8YkI/AAAAAAAAASo/Ma0Ivc2bdi4/s320/tea-party-misspelled-signs-02.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YHE8RA0tysE/TksMoazqknI/AAAAAAAAAS0/_3bzE2TWoLU/s320/6a00d83451bb2969e20120a5c02dda970c-800wi.jpg

Why don't we just agree there are morons who support both parties?

Sooner98
1/4/2013, 11:22 AM
Yes, those are really dumb signs, but I'm not sure that they are actually Republican Party delegates who shape their party's platform. Nor do I see any evidence that they represent a widespread belief within the party that they want to do something as breathtakingly stupid as putting a cap on how much money a person is allowed to make in this country, as it looks like many in the Food Stamp Party wish to do.

FaninAma
1/4/2013, 12:09 PM
Explain to me how the fundies have a lock on Christianity?

And no I was not referring to that in the first place.

They don't. I just find it interesting that you think they should stay out of politics unless they are willing to vote for the left.

For instance, if I applied the same standard to you I could claim your leftist, socially progressive moral attitude was due to your religious beliefs and you should keep that opinion out of politics.

BTW, is your leftist-leaning, socially liberal political position based on your religion?

olevetonahill
1/4/2013, 12:47 PM
For every one of those morons, I can give you one of these:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-F3e3Hbq32k0/Tkr8dAjChrI/AAAAAAAAASI/suMVPmt7NXU/s320/teapartysign1sm.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-EZv6KXz3F04/TksIPGjId4I/AAAAAAAAASY/aRFal8lFlO4/s320/obamabestsignever.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9F9dgQVvEQc/TksKUf4nOXI/AAAAAAAAASg/blXgv2DxQdk/s1600/englishonly.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4s5WvfbUB2I/TksK5Kg8YkI/AAAAAAAAASo/Ma0Ivc2bdi4/s320/tea-party-misspelled-signs-02.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YHE8RA0tysE/TksMoazqknI/AAAAAAAAAS0/_3bzE2TWoLU/s320/6a00d83451bb2969e20120a5c02dda970c-800wi.jpg

Why don't we just agree there are morons who support both parties?

Ok Ill agree, Here we Have YOU for the Moronic Left and Cruiser for the Moronic Right .:tongue:

diverdog
1/4/2013, 04:31 PM
Remember your current hard on for Christie and see if you still like him in 6 months.

My wife had him in a couple of her college classes at UD and she said he is very capable. So it would take a lot for me not to take a close look at him when or if he runs for POTUS. I tend to like NE Republicans. Their biggest problem is that they have to sell their souls to the hard right of the Republican Party to get elected. Had Romney stayed true to his political positions in Massachusetts I think he would be POTUS right now. If Christy runs as fiscally conservative and socially moderate he can win. This whole notion that you have to run as a hard right Limbaugh follower to get elected is nonsense.

diverdog
1/5/2013, 10:13 AM
They don't. I just find it interesting that you think they should stay out of politics unless they are willing to vote for the left.

For instance, if I applied the same standard to you I could claim your leftist, socially progressive moral attitude was due to your religious beliefs and you should keep that opinion out of politics.

BTW, is your leftist-leaning, socially liberal political position based on your religion?

Fanin:

I am not sure how you decided to go down this road but I will play along.

1. Pray to God.....as in my title is sort of a tongue in cheek proposition. Do you honestly think I would actually pray for anyone to run for office? I think God is a little to busy for such trivial request. At least I hope he/she is.

2. I do have a aversion to religion in politics. Having spent times in nations where religion is the dominate force in politics and policy pretty much solidified my opinion. Also when I was growing up in the South being Irish Catholic was looked down upon and we were discriminated against in many areas where I lived by other Christians. It was almost institutionalized in Alabama in the early 60's. There were ads asking people not to vote for Kennedy because they said the Pope would take over the White House. I believe the governments role is to create an environment that protects the freedom to practice religion. Government should not be deciding the type of religion that can be practice in this nation.

3. As for a candidates religious beliefs, well they can believe whatever they want as long as they do not inject those beliefs on me. Having said that I do think abortion is the one caveat to this debate. I am against abortion but I am not sure how I would feel if it were outlawed completely.

4. To answer your last question would be difficult in the short time I have this morning. The short answer is no. I became far more liberal after some key events in my life. The first was seeing the massive oil fields in Iraq on fire and the huge oil slick we saw from the air near Kuwait. I had always cared about the environment but that really upset me to the point that I spent years working with the Sierra Club on environmental issues. The second turning point was some of the areas that I had to go to in the world in the military...Somalia, Rwanda and Bangladesh. I have seen some awful things in my life and I can tell you the people who really pay for all of man's misery are the children. If you would see any common thread in my ramblings on this site it would be my desire to protect children from the evils of humanity. A case in point is that I do not care about paying welfare to a perfectly healthy person but I would never cut off money to support the children even if the mom is a baby factory. Children are the innocent in this world and it is not their fault that some jerk brought them into the world. Of course I do not necessarily think that protecting children or the environment is a political position. It is the morally correct thing to do.

Hope this helps.

Edmond Sooner
1/5/2013, 07:44 PM

It's not a "purity test," sport: people support political parties because they imagine those parties leaders hold views with which they agree. Grow up.

Midtowner
1/5/2013, 07:51 PM
It's not a "purity test," sport: people support political parties because they imagine those parties leaders hold views with which they agree. Grow up.

I'm not so sure you watched the same Republican primaries as I did. 9 men and a woman fighting over who was the most ideologically pure, how many agencies they'd do away with, etc. All of them ('cept maybe Bachmann, who is a hack) flip flopped on numerous positions they'd had only a year before, and quickly changed afterwards. It was real Kabuki.

The only two which really had unique offerings were of course, Ron Paul and then there was John Huntsman.

soonercruiser
1/5/2013, 08:26 PM
But, but, but....I thought they had a big tent and ran 10 candidates and all.

Diver,
The "Big Tent" was torn down by the union thugs in Detroit!
The elderly and women in the tent were threatened with their lives!
The Demoncrats and left wing of their party will not allow the Repugs to have a tent for the elehpants.
So, I guess they will have to s*** in your yard.
:pirate:

The Demoncrats tent is a small pup tent; and with some of the folks in that tent, your health and safety, and Constitutional Rioghts are at great risk!

soonercruiser
1/5/2013, 08:27 PM
I'm not so sure you watched the same Republican primaries as I did. 9 men and a woman fighting over who was the most ideologically pure, how many agencies they'd do away with, etc. All of them ('cept maybe Bachmann, who is a hack) flip flopped on numerous positions they'd had only a year before, and quickly changed afterwards. It was real Kabuki.

The only two which really had unique offerings were of course, Ron Paul and then there was John Huntsman.

Yup!
Much easier for the Dems to identify their LW candidates!
You must want to kill babies for $$, and abort the Constitution as well to qualify!