PDA

View Full Version : I'm sick and tired of these aggie hayseeds and their SEC crap.

aurorasooner
1/2/2013, 04:01 PM
Any Sooner coach or player including those from out of state that doesn't leave it all on the field Friday night just like they do in the RRR against the whorns should have their schollys/job pulled. *&^da*n I hope Landry throws for 1000 yards against them.
And boy does the SEC love to boast. The Aggies, just four months into their new home, are already quite proud to be there.

Asked if the SEC plays a better brand of football than the Big 12, A&M cornerback Dustin Harris said: "Oh yeah. Way better football. It's not pass-happy all the time like the Big 12."

"Big boy ball," Aggies linebacker Sean Porter called it.

"Another level of talent," wide receiver Kenric McNeal said.

TAFBSooner
1/2/2013, 04:46 PM
Asked if the SEC plays a better brand of football than the Big 12, A&M cornerback Dustin Harris said: "Oh yeah. Way better football. It's not pass-happy all the time like the Big 12."

Which is why aggie went 4-5 against the Big XII last year and 6-2 in the SECede.

KantoSooner
1/2/2013, 05:14 PM
It's interesting to note that those players were the same guys who were getting burned last year when they played in the B12.

It's that SEC magic. Makes an ordinary player run fast, jump high and just generally have more talent. Another level of talent, it seems.

badger
1/2/2013, 05:24 PM
Fake injuries: It's the SEC way to slow down non-SEC speed. :mad:

SicEmBaylor
1/2/2013, 05:48 PM
I've thought for awhile that the hype surrounding SEC defenses has more to do with the ****tiness of SEC offenses than anything else, and I think Aggie this season has pretty much confirmed that.

BoulderSooner79
1/2/2013, 05:51 PM

One of my pet peeves (not just when the SEC does it). A cramp is NOT an injury - it means you are wearing out the opposition. I'd love to see a rule change here that forces a player out for the remainder of the series after the 2nd injury TO.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/2/2013, 06:35 PM
One of my pet peeves (not just when the SEC does it). A cramp is NOT an injury - it means you are wearing out the opposition. I'd love to see a rule change here that forces a player out for the remainder of the series after the 2nd injury TO.

Pfft, I think just charging them a timeout (penalty if you are out of timeouts) would bring it to a screeching halt. Add a waiver if the player has a serious injury that causes them to get carted off the field.

BoulderSooner79
1/2/2013, 07:25 PM
Pfft, I think just charging them a timeout (penalty if you are out of timeouts) would bring it to a screeching halt. Add a waiver if the player has a serious injury that causes them to get carted off the field.

I'm sure that would work, but seems a bit too strong. Players really do get hurt and I don't think that should cost a team more than the fact they have to replace them. I've seen players stay on the field when they are hurt pretty badly because of the 10 second run off rule. The problem I'm talking about is how to sort fake injuries from real ones. If a guy is really hurt, then a team won't have an issue replacing him. If they are gaming the system, they'll try to rotate him back in ASAP, so the rule should disallow it. That's what the sit out 1 play and 10 second runoff are trying to address. Cramping is somewhere in between. The guy can't play, but he's not really hurt - just a more extreme version of needing a blow. We can't have the ref diagnosing injuries, so the rule should try to take care of it. Sitting out the possesion would do that, but it does put a burden on the refs to track it.

yukonsooner
1/2/2013, 07:49 PM

i.e., Von Miller???

BoulderSooner79
1/2/2013, 07:53 PM
i.e., Von Miller???

Von Miller played in the SEC? ;)

I actually believe Von Miller was really cramping (not faking) in our game against us. But he wasn't hurt. A player should not be able disrupt a game by yo-yoing in and out of the line-up because he is cramping.

Scott D
1/2/2013, 08:00 PM
the irony of dustin harris' comment is that his team is the pass happy one in the league.

Boomer Mooner
1/2/2013, 08:04 PM
OU vs Florida for the NC. They mastered the flop and now it seems to be a legitimate strategy anytime an SEC team faces a team they can't keep up with. And then they call it "big boy" football. Whatthe****ever.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/2/2013, 08:18 PM
Fake injuries: It's the SEC way to slow down non-SEC speed. :mad:didn't ya love the exhaustion time-outs that tigahbait was pulling on Clemson!!! At least the fake injuries didn't help them win.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/2/2013, 08:21 PM
Fake injuries: It's the SEC way to slow down non-SEC speed. :mad:Von miller and other? Lassies when they played us a couple yrs ago, FU when they played us in the '08 NC game, and tigahbaits against Clemson a couple of nights ago. Three that come ot mind. It certainly does disrupt a team who is putting it on them by speeding up the game.

Sabanball
1/2/2013, 08:25 PM
Should be a great game.

ouwasp
1/2/2013, 09:18 PM
Death to the hayseeds!

And pretty please... can the OU defense please play like men serious about putting their opponent on the turf?

Bourbon St Sooner
1/2/2013, 10:03 PM
I was watching that Miss St - NW game and they talked about a quote by a msu guy that said one fast guy in the b10 looks so fast bc the rest of them are so slow and everybody in the sec is that fast. These guys actually believe they are good just because they are in the sec.

So far in the bowls Vandy beat a bad team and they had 2 "big boys" squeak by a couple of mediocre b10 teams. Fla is currently getting curb stomped by LVille. I guess we'll go play big man football.

OU_Sooners75
1/2/2013, 10:17 PM
Von Miller played in the SEC? ;)

I actually believe Von Miller was really cramping (not faking) in our game against us. But he wasn't hurt. A player should not be able disrupt a game by yo-yoing in and out of the line-up because he is cramping.

Cramping iswnt a sign of being out of shape, at least when overexsorting your self at the time. Its a sign of dehydration.

And dehydration can be very dangerous in the sports world.

Cramping my not be a broken foot, or torn ACL. But they are injuries, and they do breakdown muscle tissue, before building it back.

So yes, a legitimate cramp should be treated with care...and they can be prevented.

So IMO, if a player is cramping, the team shouldn't be penalized outside of the player being removed from the game for at least a play.

That said, any injury should result in a neutral medical team clearing them to play the rest of the game. If a player is cramping, then they must also be out until a medical team says its okay to play again.

Change this one play out bullcrap! And this helmet rule where if it comes off during the play you go out for a play is for the birds too.

StoopTroup
1/2/2013, 10:54 PM

What about if a player gets helped off the field....they have to sit out at least 3 downs and be cleared by the Team Doctor? And not a Trainer....a Doctor.

Plexis22
1/2/2013, 11:46 PM
i.e., Von Miller???

Man I hated him that night. Like him now though as a Broncos fan, but won't soon forget that game.

BoulderSooner79
1/3/2013, 01:40 AM
Cramping iswnt a sign of being out of shape, at least when overexsorting your self at the time. Its a sign of dehydration.

And dehydration can be very dangerous in the sports world.

I think we're saying the same thing from a different angle. Cramping is a sign of exhaustion and can certainly lead to injury if the player continues to play and they gets worse. It's more than just dehydration because the body chemicals are out of balance as well. That implies to me a player shouldn't be able to come back in every other play if he is cramping that badly just for his own protection.

StoopTroup
1/3/2013, 01:43 AM
Midol?

BoulderSooner79
1/3/2013, 01:46 AM
Midol?

Wouldn't that be considered a PED in this situation? But if it stops a player from being cranky...

badger
1/3/2013, 08:59 AM
HEISMANziel? More like FRESHMANziel, amirite?