PDA

View Full Version : Congressional Rumblings: Boehner to Resign??

soonercruiser
1/2/2013, 03:45 PM
There are some rumblings in the less well-known media this afternoon that House Speaker Boehner may resign, or be replaced.
Anybody got a real story?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/2/2013, 03:48 PM
see the Brian Kelley to the NFL thread.

badger
1/2/2013, 04:00 PM
Anybody got a real story?
Real story: Ohio did not decide the 2012 presidential election, so the representatives from that state are no longer fit to lead anything.

diverdog
1/2/2013, 04:01 PM
According to whom? Tea bagger nation?

1/2/2013, 04:07 PM
According to whom? Tea bagger nation?Grrrrrrrrr! Rush Limbaugh, Sarah Palin, Mark Levin, Michelle Malkin, Actual Conservatives in the H of R!!! Grrrrrrrrr!

KantoSooner
1/2/2013, 05:20 PM
Because they've accomplished so much for their party and country?

FaninAma
1/2/2013, 05:35 PM
According to whom? Tea bagger nation?

DD, you don't even know what the TEA Party stands for? I'm talking about the real TEA Party not the one depicted by the frothing-at-the-mouth progressives.

You can't really demonize your enemies unless you have a lazy willing population that is too lazy to actually learn the facts for themselves. The Nazis were very good at that tactic.

Midtowner
1/2/2013, 05:52 PM
DD, you don't even know what the TEA Party stands for? I'm talking about the real TEA Party not the one depicted by the frothing-at-the-mouth progressives.

You can't really demonize your enemies unless you have a lazy willing population that is too lazy to actually learn the facts for themselves. The Nazis were very good at that tactic.

Godwin's law/you lose. :)

1/2/2013, 07:36 PM
I just got an email that linked this article:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/boehner-cantor-speaker-vote/2013/01/02/id/469741?s=al&promo_code=115E0-1

SanJoaquinSooner
1/2/2013, 07:45 PM
I don't think only 20 representatives is the critical mass needed to unseat him.

1/2/2013, 07:58 PM
I don't think only 20 representatives is the critical mass needed to unseat him.More? They should get that done if necessary, to form the beginning of a new realization.

diverdog
1/2/2013, 09:04 PM

What real Tea Party? There are so many versions out there I have lost count.

And to a person every single Tea Bagger I know gets some sort of government benefit check.

rock on sooner
1/2/2013, 09:17 PM
Welp, the TPers are so obstinate that they may well bring down Boehner.
No great loss. He hasn't been able to control them from Day One. Their
My Way or No Way is the biggest reason why the "cliff" even materialized.
Good chance that Cantor, who they love, will run against Boehner. He'll just
tear up and fade away. Bad thing about Cantor is that he won't let much go
forward and, as long as the Pubs have the House, not much gonna get done.

So, we're looking at more gridlock...one or two on here thinks that's good.
I don't, in the end. Gridlock is okay to start negotiations but to NOT find any
common ground will do nothing but get the Pubs tossed in 2014, which isn't
good...gov't needs to be divided...gov't is best when there is compromise,
right now there is a light at the end of the tunnel, but when Boehner goes
and Cantor comes....doesn't look good...imo.

diverdog
1/2/2013, 09:39 PM
Welp, the TPers are so obstinate that they may well bring down Boehner.
No great loss. He hasn't been able to control them from Day One. Their
My Way or No Way is the biggest reason why the "cliff" even materialized.
Good chance that Cantor, who they love, will run against Boehner. He'll just
tear up and fade away. Bad thing about Cantor is that he won't let much go
forward and, as long as the Pubs have the House, not much gonna get done.

So, we're looking at more gridlock...one or two on here thinks that's good.
I don't, in the end. Gridlock is okay to start negotiations but to NOT find any
common ground will do nothing but get the Pubs tossed in 2014, which isn't
good...gov't needs to be divided...gov't is best when there is compromise,
right now there is a light at the end of the tunnel, but when Boehner goes
and Cantor comes....doesn't look good...imo.

This is what happens when you back extremist.

okie52
1/2/2013, 09:54 PM
What real Tea Party? There are so many versions out there I have lost count.

And to a person every single Tea Bagger I know gets some sort of government benefit check.

Are you including SS and Medicare on that benefit list?

okie52
1/2/2013, 10:00 PM
This is what happens when you back extremist.

So why isn't Obama gone?

diverdog
1/2/2013, 10:44 PM
Are you including SS and Medicare on that benefit list?

Yes.

diverdog
1/2/2013, 10:46 PM
So why isn't Obama gone?

Because Republicans can't pour **** out of a boot with the instructions written on the bottom.

or a more honest answer. Obama is viewed as less extreme than the Republicans in most of America.

soonercruiser
1/2/2013, 10:58 PM

For Mid and DD, the argument begins with inflammatory name-calling!
Kinda sounds like an Obummer news conference, doesn't it?
:moon:

diverdog
1/2/2013, 11:03 PM
For Mid and DD, the argument begins with inflammatory name-calling!
Kinda sounds like an Obummer news conference, doesn't it?
:moon:

You are like the pot calling the kettle black.

StoopTroup
1/2/2013, 11:08 PM
Because Republicans can't pour **** out of a boot with the instructions written on the bottom.

or a more honest answer. Obama is viewed as less extreme than the Republicans in most of America.

I tend to agree. If Bush hadn't lied and Cheney and Rumsfeld hadn't looked like they were ready to go to War with half of the Middle East....Obama and or Hillary would have had a much harder time getting elected. Especially if McCain hadn't gone with Palin.

Also....I think a lot of Americans were worried about the US possibly having to institute a New Draft if we have escaladed Military aggression in the Middle East as there was lots of talk that we were getting spread to thin.

okie52
1/2/2013, 11:55 PM
Yes.

Those were earned benefits that were paid into for years by most recipients. I certainly don't see those that paid for them as being on the government tit.

okie52
1/2/2013, 11:57 PM

Which utterly baffles me but since Hussein won the election it must be true.

1/3/2013, 12:56 AM
Which utterly baffles me but since Hussein won the election it must be true.the MSM, Entertainment Industry and Public schools combine to form a formidable barrier to the truth, and the low information/misinformation folks buy it.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/3/2013, 02:25 AM
The Republicans have, admittedly, been a bit dysfunctional lately. Maybe they need Michele and Sarah to mediate.

diverdog
1/3/2013, 03:59 AM
Those were earned benefits that were paid into for years by most recipients. I certainly don't see those that paid for them as being on the government tit.

And that is the nut right there. You guys talk about entitlement reform but you do not want to see a simgle bit of pain brought on the generations that have racked up this debt. Meaning us. That is why I am for tax increases and reductions in current benefits by current beneficiaries. If this nation were run like a business it would stop the rapid growth of entitlement spending by reducing current retirees benefits, reduction in salaries and layoffs. You cannot balance the budget this way but you can sure make dent.

okie52
1/3/2013, 07:31 AM
And that is the nut right there. You guys talk about entitlement reform but you do not want to see a simgle bit of pain brought on the generations that have racked up this debt. Meaning us. That is why I am for tax increases and reductions in current benefits by current beneficiaries. If this nation were run like a business it would stop the rapid growth of entitlement spending by reducing current retirees benefits, reduction in salaries and layoffs. You cannot balance the budget this way but you can sure make dent.

What planet you been living on DD?

It was the dems that didn't want delaying SS and medicare benefits..not the pubs. And I wanted us to go over the fiscal cliff so that there would be a "shared sacrifice"
on all tax payers rather than just 2%. The fact that the full payroll tax returned wasn't because of the dam dems...and who in the hell do you think keeps extending unemployment benefits for the 4th straight year...you know....that guy you voted for.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/3/2013, 05:53 PM
Boehner won with 220 votes for another two-year Speaker term. Despite grumbling in the GOP ranks, just 10 Republicans voted for someone other than Boehner.

Midtowner
1/3/2013, 05:55 PM

Maybe we just admit that prescription drug freebies for medicare were a bad idea? Or at least impose cost controls and coverage limits instead of having a giveaway for big pharma?

soonercruiser
1/3/2013, 08:32 PM
So, no significant aftershocks...

StoopTroup
1/3/2013, 08:58 PM
I was watching a replay of when Congress gave Arnold Palmer the Gold Medal back in September. I swear it looked like Boehner was about to cry the entire time.

soonercruiser
1/4/2013, 11:06 PM
Arnold probably had just caught him cheating on his score card!