PDA

View Full Version : The REAL Beano!

The Maestro
7/28/2004, 03:43 PM
Chat wrap from espn.com...some funny Beano Cook quotes...

Tree (Houston): Beano, can TX finally beat OU?

Beano Cook: I keep thinking this will be the year. But I"m beginning to feel the Second Coming might happen before Texas beats OU. It will happen, but when? If Texas wins, they are in the running for a national title.

Andrew, AZ: Beano- Michigan looks to return a strong core of players, although questions at QB, RB, and Defensive line remain. Do you think they have a shot at the national championship?

Beano Cook: Number one, I would say if you have problems in those areas you have major problems! If Michigan were in the SEC or Big 12 I would say fourth or fifth place. But in the Big Ten they have a shot. But they have to go to OSU and ND. If my memory is correct, they play Iowa in Ann Arbor.

Tyler(Canton,OH): Beano, Which university do you think added the best ne coach?

Beano Cook: I would have to say Arizona off the top of my head. I'll have to think .. which some say I don't do. Arizona from what I hear will be much improved. One of the big reasons is Coach Stoops. I can't quite think of all the new ones off the top of my head. It doesn't matter who coaches at Miss St., it's just a tough place to win. Sherrill did a good job and will be a tough act to follow.

Jon (Fairfield, CA): Beano, what is the likelihood of my SC Trojans of repeating as National Champs? Also, what do you think of us finally recognizing the 1939 team?

Beano Cook: In my opinion right now, the 7 teams that will fight for the title are Miami, FSU, Georgia, LSU, Oklahoma, Texas and USC. You don't have to be Perry Mason to know that. But yes, I think USC has a chance. If I had to pick one team right now, I would say no to USC. I think the champ will come from one of these 7 teams though.

Justin (Fort Scott, KS): What happened to OU at the end of last season, and have they adjusted.

Beano Cook: Those things happen. Teams lose games. OU had a darn good year. They have one of the best coaches in the country. They will win 9 regular season games this year. Maybe all 11. The big problem is the lust for money and having a championship game, it can hurt you. That game a few years ago cost K-State a shot at the national title.

Beano Cook: In many ways I think conferences are smart about not having a conf. championship game.

Rob (Kansas City, MO): Beano: Missouri has been a sexy pick to win the Big XII North. Your thoughts?

Beano Cook: I agree. I don't want to use the word sexy for a football team though. They could win. Great QB. Good team. Absolutely.

Beano Cook: I think Missouri has to go to Texas. If they are going to lose a game, better to lose outside the conference instead of in it.

BigRedJed
5/30/2007, 12:30 AM
Pity reply.