PDA

View Full Version : January poll: OU mens basketball outlook

badger
1/2/2013, 09:18 AM
I'll give you a week of voting. Tell me where our team's headed!

Boomer.....
1/2/2013, 09:49 AM
I predicted that we would be a bubble team at the beginning of the season with us getting in. Now I think we are on the outside looking in, but get a NIT bid. Not a complete disappointment.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/2/2013, 04:36 PM
NIT and make a run deep would be fine.

Still, I prefer the Big Dance, even if we go 0-1.

8timechamps
1/2/2013, 06:27 PM
I voted NIT with more than 20 wins...but I think the Sooners get to the NIT with around 18 wins, then make a deep run.

Soonerjeepman
1/2/2013, 07:28 PM
I voted NIT with less than 20 wins. OU is 9/3, with 18 conf games. Say we can go 9/9, that's 2 losses to AT LEAST KU...maybe ksu, or even bu. So they'd need to double up on TT, ISU, TCU...split with OSU, WV, UT. Tough row to hoe.

18/12...with maybe a win in the Big12 tourney, making OU 19/13 before the tourney.

Soonerjeepman
1/3/2013, 12:31 AM
After watching the last few games....I really don't see much out of Tyler Neal. I don't see him getting much time during conference. 0/5 vs txcc got beat on baseline several times. Not trying to bash, I just don't see it with him.

badger
3/7/2013, 09:15 AM
Own it, people. :)

Back in January, I was one of three posters that said "NCAA tournament"

Admittedly, it was more wishful thinking than actual basketball sense.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
3/7/2013, 09:34 AM
I voted with the pack.

I call it being cautiously optomistic!

kevpks
3/7/2013, 10:28 AM
I don't know if I voted in this poll but I would have said NCAA tournament. I tend towards optimism and sunshine pumping, but we have exceeded my expectations. I thought we'd be in ISU's position--a bubble team trying to claw our way in at the end of the season.

Soonerjeepman
3/7/2013, 01:05 PM
I'm surprised by the season as well....great season honestly. Obviously we are ncaa bound....be nice to win the first round.

jkjsooner
3/7/2013, 03:25 PM
I'm curious about something. I keep hearing how we do not have a bad loss on our schedule but every time I look at our schedule I see we lost to Stephen F Austin. How is that not a bad loss?

MsProudSooner
3/7/2013, 04:04 PM
I'm curious about something. I keep hearing how we do not have a bad loss on our schedule but every time I look at our schedule I see we lost to Stephen F Austin. How is that not a bad loss?

SFA has lost only 3 games this year and they have a good RPI, I believe.

8timechamps
3/7/2013, 07:23 PM
Happy to be wrong (although, I've seen enough selection shows to know nothing is a sure thing when you in the position OU is in).

If the Sooners can put together a conference tourney run (to the championship game), we could see a possible 6/7 seed.

8timechamps
3/7/2013, 07:24 PM

As mentioned, SFA is a good team this year. They should represent their conference in the tourney.

That said, the loss to Texas is considered a "bad loss" though.