PDA

View Full Version : New laws for the new year

SanJoaquinSooner
1/1/2013, 02:00 PM
Sorry guys, California law enforcement officers are now prohibited from having sex with anyone in custody.

But good news, you can legally have a same sex marriage in Maryland. That's awfully close to Wash D.C.

pphilfran
1/1/2013, 02:02 PM
In Washington state you will now pay an additional $100 when you register your electric vehicle...even though you get a tax credit when you purchase the thing...

bluedogok
1/1/2013, 02:10 PM
Washington is trying to make up the difference in lost gas tax.

LiveLaughLove
1/1/2013, 02:10 PM
Sorry guys, California law enforcement officers are now prohibited from having sex with anyone in custody.

But good news, you can legally have a same sex marriage in Maryland. That's awfully close to Wash D.C.

Why is California gettin' all up in peoples private lives? If the person in custody wants to screw the cop, why should that be illegal?

I mean aren't we all about staying out of peoples private lives?

BTW, California have something to the tune of 500+ new laws taking effect today. Something tells me none of those 500+ actually extend people's freedoms rather than restrict them.

Gotta love that state and it's leadership.

LiveLaughLove
1/1/2013, 02:12 PM

One of those little side effects they don't consider. I say milk those idiot tree huggers all they want.

pphilfran
1/1/2013, 02:23 PM

True...but to want electrics to be sold to get us of evil gasoline they give a credit...then, whoops, it will cost us money so give us some of that credit back...moire convoluted taxation and mixed signals...

bluedogok
1/1/2013, 02:24 PM
Why is California gettin' all up in peoples private lives? If the person in custody wants to screw the cop, why should that be illegal?

I mean aren't we all about staying out of peoples private lives?

BTW, California have something to the tune of 500+ new laws taking effect today. Something tells me none of those 500+ actually extend people's freedoms rather than restrict them.

Gotta love that state and it's leadership.
Every state has those that want to control what other people do, out there it's the (so called) liberals and in this part of the country it is the social conservatives/evangelicals. There is really not much difference between them other than talking points, control over others is what they both want.

LiveLaughLove
1/1/2013, 02:35 PM
Every state has those that want to control what other people do, out there it's the (so called) liberals and in this part of the country it is the social conservatives/evangelicals. There is really not much difference between them other than talking points, control over others is what they both want.

Yeah...ok.

I would argue this point but my Church is having a secret meeting on how to control peoples lives this new year.

I'll get back to you on it though.

Sooner5030
1/1/2013, 02:35 PM

Does okieland still prevent people from buying liquor on Sundays? I always hated that law.

XingTheRubicon
1/1/2013, 02:38 PM
Does okieland still prevent people from buying liquor on Sundays? I always hated that law.

Yes, and holidays.

bluedogok
1/1/2013, 02:43 PM
Yeah...ok.

I would argue this point but my Church is having a secret meeting on how to control peoples lives this new year.

I'll get back to you on it though.
The state rep for my parents district is Sally Kern, a tool of her husbands church. You can't tell me that people like that aren't looking to control people personal lives through the force of government. Thankfully most churches are not so active in governmental matters but there are plenty who are, my church was not. I just wish the evangelicals would leave the Republican party and form their own party and leave the party to the fiscal conservatives.