PDA

View Full Version : BRIAN KELLEY to coach in the NFL ?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/1/2013, 02:12 AM
I heard some talk on the radio sports shows today that Brian(Notre Dame coach)Kelley was being considered for coaching in the pros. Nothing specific was mentioned that I heard, but I was wondering if anyone here caught any of that talk or info anywhere.

He seems to be a pretty good coach. I would think he might be getting contacted from of the pro teams, huh?

yermom
1/1/2013, 02:33 AM
i thought i started that rumor in another thread :D

Harbaugh and Carroll seem to be doing alright

i think they both had pro experience though, didn't they? does Kelly?

1/1/2013, 02:50 AM
I honestly did hear some talk about Kelley being offered or at least considered. Sure, I would love to see him try to coach/manage a pro team. Carroll was in the pros before, but he's doing a lot better now than he did in the previous exparience. I don't know about harbaugh's experience prior to him being at Stanford.

Kelley is the first coach at domer to do a good job since Lew(granny) Holtz. There was some talk that he has shown or expressed interest in coaching in the pros.

winout
1/1/2013, 07:15 AM
Sure they were talking about the other Kelly, as in the Chip?

badger
1/1/2013, 09:21 AM
I think they were referring to Chip Kelley, yes. However, Brian seems like the type to jump to greener pastures when he can.

cleller
1/1/2013, 09:21 AM

Carroll was the Pats coach after Bill Parcells left....

Scott D
1/1/2013, 10:58 AM
They mentioned Brian Kelly as someone who would get interest. They clearly said the top two candidates for college to pro are Chip Kelly and Bill O'Brien.

1/1/2013, 12:05 PM
Sure they were talking about the other Kelly, as in the Chip?Of course, Chip has been talked about for some time, now. The recent talk I heard about Brian Kelley was new to my ears.

1/1/2013, 12:09 PM
They mentioned Brian Kelly as someone who would get interest. They clearly said the top two candidates for college to pro are Chip Kelly and Bill O'Brien.The talk I heard was about just the NFL in general, and that Brian could be a candidate. I heard some talk about Bill OBrien, too. Chip Kelley has been the subject of NFL coaching for a while, now.

bluedogok
1/1/2013, 12:10 PM

According to Wiki Brian Kelly has no NFL (or other pro) experience, all is college experience including coaching softball at his alma mater, Assumption.

Pete Carroll was an NFL assistant (1984-93) before being the HC with the Jets (1994), then DC with the 49'rs (95-96) and then HC with the Patriots (97-99).
Jim Harbaugh of course played QB in the NFL from 1987 to 2001. He was the QB coach for the Raiders (2002-03) before becoming the HC at University of San Diego in 2004. John Harbaugh was only an assistant with the Eagles for 9 years before becoming the HC with the Ravens, his only pro experience. Just because a guy has only had college experience doesn't mean he can't be successful, remember Jimmy Johnson had no pro experience before becoming the HC of Dallas.

As more teams adapt to college offenses, expect more coaches to make the move.