View Full Version : Romo/Jerrah

Breadburner
12/31/2012, 10:49 AM
are the suck....heh...!!!

badger
12/31/2012, 10:55 AM
are the suck....heh...!!!

Why do lottery winners go broke?

Because rather than admit that they just got lucky and be satisfied with what they've already won, they are convinced that they earned it somehow.

Meddle meddle meddle. How will Jerrah meddle next...

SanJoaquinSooner
12/31/2012, 11:03 AM
I'd blame their D.

Breadburner
12/31/2012, 11:09 AM
Blame the D for Picks....Ok Jerrah.....!!!

ouleaf
12/31/2012, 12:27 PM
The DFW media has been abuzz all morning no doubt about what the Cowboys will want to do. At the end of the day the Cowboys are left with the same quandry as they have been the last several years at QB. Will they win with Romo? (probably not). Is there anyone better out there they can actually get? (no)

Romo had an awful game and the Redskins put together a good game plan of blitzing a lot b/c Dallas has one of the worst O-Lines in the league. Romo has one more year on his contract, so it will be interesting to see what they do there. I think he is back next year, as the Cowboys have a lot of other holes across the board to fill, mainly on the offensive/defensive lines. I'm really hoping the first 4 draft picks for the Cowboys all weigh over 300 pounds a piece.

The biggest problem for the Cowboys has been drafting and player development, IMO.

badger
12/31/2012, 12:30 PM
Dallas selects 18th in next year's draft according to this. (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/rob-rang/21474615/updated-2013-nfl-draft-order) If a name QB is available, think Jerruh pulls the trigger?

Remember that past drafts haunt him, hence the Dez pick (he thought he was about to pass up another Randy Moss... time will tell). Think he's afraid of passing up a potential Aaron Rodgers (who the Packers picked in the mid-20s of the first round)?

Breadburner
12/31/2012, 12:51 PM
He wont clean his own glasses but thinks he can put a team together....Idiot....Fun to watch though.....!!!!

hawaii 5-0
12/31/2012, 01:33 PM
Dallas needs an offensive line that isn't so offensive.

5-0

SanJoaquinSooner
12/31/2012, 01:44 PM
they need to teach Romo how to shed blocks and tackle. a guy not named Adrian Peterson rushed for 200 yards on the Cowboys.

Breadburner
12/31/2012, 01:52 PM
They need a QB that when the game is in his hands he doesn't completely **** it up.....Hahahahaha....!!!

badger
12/31/2012, 02:01 PM
I didn't stay up for the game. Did this happen?
uIenBCaQHP0

Breadburner
12/31/2012, 02:05 PM
Its been happening for some time...They didn't even have to act.....!!!!

ouleaf
12/31/2012, 02:56 PM
Dallas selects 18th in next year's draft according to this. (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/rob-rang/21474615/updated-2013-nfl-draft-order) If a name QB is available, think Jerruh pulls the trigger?

Remember that past drafts haunt him, hence the Dez pick (he thought he was about to pass up another Randy Moss... time will tell). Think he's afraid of passing up a potential Aaron Rodgers (who the Packers picked in the mid-20s of the first round)?

Doesn't matter who is back there if you can't block for the guy. I don't think this upcoming year will be a particularly strong QB class, and like I said Cowboys need to draft day one starters and quality depth guys that can develop on both sides of the ball so you arent relying on guys who are on the couch or signing free agents that nobody wants.

Dez had a pretty solid second half of the season and showed he could be dominant No. 1 receiver.

jk the sooner fan
12/31/2012, 03:00 PM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f343/jksantee/398665_4278829689244_1695350665_n_zpsb370be4b.jpg

badger
1/1/2013, 09:02 AM
Doesn't matter who is back there if you can't block for the guy. I don't think this upcoming year will be a particularly strong QB class, and like I said Cowboys need to draft day one starters and quality depth guys that can develop on both sides of the ball so you arent relying on guys who are on the couch or signing free agents that nobody wants.

Dez had a pretty solid second half of the season and showed he could be dominant No. 1 receiver.

Has JJ ever drafted a lineman in the first round? He usually wants to go for the big name splash over what the team really needs... or maybe I'm just thinking Dez Dez Dez

jk the sooner fan
1/1/2013, 09:53 AM
Tyron Smith - Tackle - 2011 - first round

badger
1/1/2013, 10:04 AM
Heh - maybe I should check Cowboys draft history (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Cowboys_draft_history) before I type about it :)

They only took one lineman last year though... that's probably why they're hurting now. They took several in the 2011 draft, but only one again in 2010.

Linemen shouldn't be picked up as undrafteds. Quality ones are worthy it, for as long as they'll likely stick with your team. It seems Jerrah's preferring drafting spot at the top since 2004 has been either running back or linebacker. Not a good thing, IMHO.

jk the sooner fan
1/1/2013, 01:35 PM
the cowboys draft history is full of failure......FULL
and i'm a Cowboy fan

okiewaker
1/1/2013, 01:36 PM
Not a cowboy fan but I live in Ok so I know more about them than I do most teams. Does anyone think LJ will go to the Cowboys in the upcoming draft? Just curious.

badger
1/1/2013, 01:38 PM
and i'm a Cowboy fan

No team has perfect drafts. My Packers' highest pick in recent history we used on AJ Hawk (2006, fifth overall). While technically a Pro Bowler, I don't think he was worth a pick that high.

However, we made up for that by drafted Greg Jennings in the second round that year (56th overall)

jk the sooner fan
1/1/2013, 01:40 PM
Not a cowboy fan but I live in Ok so I know more about them than I do most teams. Does anyone think LJ will go to the Cowboys in the upcoming draft? Just curious.

doubtful - QB is wayyyy low on their list of needs. LJ will be gone before the Cowboys decide on a backup QB

stoops the eternal pimp
1/1/2013, 01:48 PM
i think they may go OG in the 1st..safety perhaps in the 2nd.

badger
1/1/2013, 01:51 PM
doubtful - QB is wayyyy low on their list of needs. LJ will be gone before the Cowboys decide on a backup QB

Perhaps the Seahawks have started a trend and we'll see QBs taken in the third round, Russell Wilson style.

ouleaf
1/1/2013, 05:15 PM
and i'm a Cowboy fan

Yep, especially the 2009 draft class. 12 picks and not even one of those guys are starting for them. I think only Butler and Philips are still on the team, but their impact is limited. Cowboys have been in a bad funk of having to redraft at different positions when a class like the 09 one is a complete bust or high round individual draft picks don't live up to the early selection. That strangles an organization, which is why the Cowboys haven't really done anything in the past 20 years.

As a Cowboy fan I hope not. I personally don't think Landry has the goods to be an starting QB at the next level. Cowboys need help elsewhere and still have Orton as a serviceable backup should Romo get injured.

i think they may go OG in the 1st..safety perhaps in the 2nd.

Yeah, Guard and Center positions need upgrades desperately. Agree on safety help if you can get a good one. Cowboys had a lot of injuries at safety this year too (Brandon Carr had to play out of position a few games). I think if Barry Church can come back healthy and draft a quality FS, that would help.

Think they really need help/depth on D-line too.

C&CDean
1/1/2013, 05:22 PM
Does it warm the cockles of anyone elses heart to know that the last person to lead the kaboys to a championship was The King? Guess JJ couldn't have two kings so he dumped Switzer and look what happened. Heh. I love it.

bluedogok
1/1/2013, 07:01 PM
Until the owner fires the GM and hires a proper GM (not his son elevated to the position) they are going to struggle when it comes to personnel. He is getting into Al Davis territory thinking he is a "football man" and running the team himself.

tulsaoilerfan
1/1/2013, 10:36 PM
Dallas will continue to suck until Jerry puts his ego aside and brings in a legit football mind to oversee the draft and free agency; don't see that happening unfortunately

tulsaoilerfan
1/1/2013, 10:36 PM
a grand total of 1 playoff win since the 1996 season; hell the Cardinals have won more playoff games than Dallas in that time span

ouleaf
1/2/2013, 11:45 AM
oh yeah...the Cowboys have been the defition of mediocre. Read somewhere their record since maybe their last superbowl is like 126-126.

badger
1/2/2013, 04:15 PM
I wonder if personal seat licenses can be turned in for a full refund before 30 years is up. You know, due to lack of playoff wins or even playoff appearances. If so, that explains this. (http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8803148/jerry-jones-dallas-cowboys-vows-changes-coming)

8timechamps
1/2/2013, 04:38 PM
Until the owner fires the GM and hires a proper GM (not his son elevated to the position) they are going to struggle when it comes to personnel. He is getting into Al Davis territory thinking he is a "football man" and running the team himself.

Yep.

Jones is becoming the Al Davis of this era. The older he gets, the less likely he will be to bring someone in to actually be a GM. Cowboy fans just need to be ready for at least another decade of under performing.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/3/2013, 05:06 PM
Does Jones wear a headset like Al did and tell them what to run and who to have on the field to run it?

StoopTroup
1/3/2013, 05:21 PM
I wonder if personal seat licenses can be turned in for a full refund before 30 years is up. You know, due to lack of playoff wins or even playoff appearances. If so, that explains this. (http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8803148/jerry-jones-dallas-cowboys-vows-changes-coming)

Well since Jones is saying this...

"This isn't the year and I'm not ready to take the kinds of risk that [Washington and Denver took]," Jones said. "What we need to do is Tony is a tremendous asset and he's an asset that's going to be with the Dallas Cowboys for, as far as I'm concerned, a long time."

Maybe he's going to fire himself and sell the Franchise. :D

badger
1/3/2013, 05:24 PM
Here's what Garrett is saying (http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8810587/jason-garrett-dallas-cowboys-coach-open-changes). I am reminded of the big banner "Is this good for the company?" scene in Office Space when I read this:

"Again, line one for me in the position that I'm in is, 'What's best for the Dallas Cowboys' in every way, shape or form, however we're doing.
I wonder if they're like a dysfunctional office in Big D.

StoopTroup
1/3/2013, 05:25 PM
I wonder if the guy that lets people go is in trouble too? :D

8timechamps
1/3/2013, 07:21 PM
Does Jones wear a headset like Al did and tell them what to run and who to have on the field to run it?

From what I've seen on TV, he's not to that point. But, I'd guess he does everything else. I'm surprised Jones hasn't named himself as a co-head coach.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/9/2013, 12:20 AM
Rob Ryan fired. He's fun to watch on the sideline, but this is a good move by Dallas.

ouleaf
1/9/2013, 10:13 AM
Rob Ryan fired. He's fun to watch on the sideline, but this is a good move by Dallas.

Doesn't really move the needle a lot. A little surprising, but Cowboys defense hasn't been able to really make a play or stop when you need them to in awhile and have also been poor in the takeaway department too. Also just got unlucky with a lot of starters being injured. Not sure who they'll get to replace him. Will be interesting if they stick with the 3-4 still or move to a guy that runs a 4-3 scheme.

badger
1/9/2013, 10:41 AM
It's a lot easier (and cheaper) to fire coaches than players in the NFL (the college game is the other way around, go figure). Expect more coaches to be fired. Even the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders coach should be worried at this point.

jk the sooner fan
1/9/2013, 11:06 AM
i'm not so sure that firing Rob Ryan was a step in the right direction - UNLESS - the Cowboys are changing to a 4-3 scheme (which seems to be the current undertone)

but the players respected the heck out of Ryan - and he did make improvements (statistically) with a TON of significant injuries

ouleaf
1/9/2013, 01:11 PM
I hope they stay in the 3-4 personally, just because to switch styles would require more draft picks being spent on defense instead of offense. I think they are pretty well setup for continuing in a 3-4, guys just gotta stay healthy and they need to add talent/depth at NT & DE

colleyvillesooner
1/9/2013, 01:35 PM
The overwhelming thought is they are moving to a 4-3

badger
1/9/2013, 02:19 PM
I have disliked Dallas ever since they ruined the Packers mid-90s playoff runs, so for all I care, they can move to the LOLBlitz or ROFLBlitz (ROLBBlitz, rather) defensive formation :)

Based on past precedent, Jerry probably told the team that they fired Rob Ryan (http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=7021868&lang=ES&wjb=)... and then the team probably tossed him out of the locker room and locked the door (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/05/report-jerry-jones-locked-out-of-locker-room-after-game/). :D

Wishboned
1/9/2013, 02:56 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/01/08/dallas-cowboys-stars-twitter-battle/1817599/

Apparently someone from the Cowboys organization decided to take a swipe at baseball and hockey on Twitter.

"Similarly, in the category of nobody-cares...the NHL is back!!!"

The Stars had the best comeback ever...

At least our #9 got the job done..... RT: @DallasCowboys "Similarly in the category of nobody-cares…the NHL is back!" pic.twitter.com/o6yoe6iG

SoonerStormchaser
1/11/2013, 09:28 AM
With the 18th pick in the 2013 NFL draft...the Dallas Cowboys select...Landry Jones from the University of Oklahoma.

And Dallas just continued in their mediocrity...

badger
1/11/2013, 09:48 AM
With the 18th pick in the 2013 NFL draft...the Dallas Cowboys select...Landry Jones from the University of Oklahoma.

And Dallas just continued in their mediocrity...
If that were to happen, I would no longer wish evil things on Big D, kind of like when TRRW played for them, and when I see Demarco out there running.

SanJoaquinSooner
1/11/2013, 10:45 AM
I could them picking Landry if he is still on the board in the 2nd round or later, but I don't think they would pick him in the
1st round.

soonerinabilene
1/11/2013, 11:06 AM
If they go to a 4-3, they need to trade DWare ala Herschel Walker style and get two 1's and two 2's. If the best player on your team doesn't fit your scheme, you gotta make a move.

ouleaf
1/11/2013, 11:35 AM
The big name swirling around right now in Dallas is Monte Kiffin as the next D-Coordinator. I really hope not. Monte is a legend no doubt, but I'm just not sure the Tampa 2 is as relevant as it was about 10-15 years ago. Tampa 2 was designed to defend against West Coast offenses, which most offenses are no longer running.

Doesn't really matter what scheme you run if you don't have the right players though.

badger
1/11/2013, 03:17 PM
The big name swirling around right now in Dallas is Monte Kiffin as the next D-Coordinator. I really hope not. Monte is a legend no doubt, but I'm just not sure the Tampa 2 is as relevant as it was about 10-15 years ago. Tampa 2 was designed to defend against West Coast offenses, which most offenses are no longer running.

Doesn't really matter what scheme you run if you don't have the right players though.
Sorry Leaf - Many reporting sources saying it's Monte. (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20130111-nfl-veteran-monte-kiffin-agrees-to-be-cowboys-defensive-coordinator.ece)

Tampa Two will now be the Dallas Deuce. Drop a deuce, Dallas :D