PDA

View Full Version : I joined the NRA today!

Sooner5030
12/30/2012, 02:12 PM
Thought I'd do my small part to provide some resources ($35) to to an organization that protects my freedoms. I have to do something to counter the rest of the intervention-dependent herd that votes. Since I no longer support the Pub party I guess I will start giving a little bit to organizations that I agree with. Maybe CATO will be next or some Austrian/Mises Orgs. Anyone know a good organization that is pushing for legalization of recreational pot in Okieville? I'd give them a few bucks too.

I'm also about to go down to Cabela's and check out the 9mm pistol I've been thinking about buying for some time now. Thought I'd go with the Beretta since I am fairly familiar with that particular weapon.

cleller
12/30/2012, 03:21 PM
I'm also about to go down to Cabela's and check out the 9mm pistol I've been thinking about buying for some time now. Thought I'd go with the Beretta since I am fairly familiar with that particular weapon.

Hope you enjoy crowds.

Sooner5030
12/30/2012, 03:31 PM
Hope you enjoy crowds.

Funny thing that you say that. I just got back.....when I got there the first thing I saw was a sign "we are out of ARs, sorry for the blah". Then I saw a sign...barely through the crowd in front of me that stated "please take a number for gun sales inquiries" I pulled out #59 and shortly after while looking at the pistols I heard an associate yell #9. I walked out......I'll try to go back midweek. They did have one used Beretta FS92 for $540 and a few new ones between $650-750 though.

Curly Bill
12/30/2012, 04:05 PM
Go to Academy if you want a 9mm pistol. Not sure they sell Berettas though.

Either that or go to: galleryofguns.com or budsgunshop.com and order it.

mojorisen2014
12/30/2012, 04:20 PM
Academy sells Berettas. I bought a PX4 Storm there and its a damn good gun

Curly Bill
12/30/2012, 04:21 PM
Academy sells Berettas. I bought a PX4 Storm there and its a damn good gun

Sweet! Academy has better prices than Cabela's too.

olevetonahill
12/30/2012, 05:35 PM
Grats on the NRA

If you already have a gun Id wait a few months till all the Hysteria dies down before tring to buy a new one

Chuck Bao
12/30/2012, 06:27 PM
Thought I'd do my small part to provide some resources ($35) to to an organization that protects my freedoms. I have to do something to counter the rest of the intervention-dependent herd that votes. Since I no longer support the Pub party I guess I will start giving a little bit to organizations that I agree with. Maybe CATO will be next or some Austrian/Mises Orgs. Anyone know a good organization that is pushing for legalization of recreational pot in Okieville? I'd give them a few bucks too.

Cabela's in Fort Worth will not sell guns to out of staters (or they wouldn't last year). (edited to add it may have been pistols that they won't sell to non-Texans rather than guns)

cleller
12/30/2012, 06:32 PM
Funny thing that you say that. I just got back.....when I got there the first thing I saw was a sign "we are out of ARs, sorry for the blah". Then I saw a sign...barely through the crowd in front of me that stated "please take a number for gun sales inquiries" I pulled out #59 and shortly after while looking at the pistols I heard an associate yell #9. I walked out......I'll try to go back midweek. They did have one used Beretta FS92 for $540 and a few new ones between $650-750 though.

I think there is a gun show at the OKC fairgrounds next weekend.

http://www.gunshows-usa.com/Oklahoma.shtml

Sooner5030
12/30/2012, 07:10 PM
I think there is a gun show at the OKC fairgrounds next weekend.

http://www.gunshows-usa.com/Oklahoma.shtml

I was at the Cabela's in Olympia, WA. I may try one of the sporting goods stores in the area.

diverdog
12/30/2012, 08:25 PM
I was at the Cabela's in Olympia, WA. I may try one of the sporting goods stores in the area.

They are getting ready to put a Cabela's about 35 miles from my home. The wife is going to be pissed. LOL Had our highway department not pitch such a bitch they would have built it ten miles away from where I live. We have tax free shopping so Cabelas is going to make a killing.

cleller
12/30/2012, 10:00 PM

Oh brother. I bet they are more guns in pawn shops in OKC than all of Washington State.

soonercruiser
12/31/2012, 03:25 PM
Anyone know a good organization that is pushing for legalization of recreational pot in Okieville? I'd give them a few bucks too.

pm "Mid"!
I'm sure he's "on it".
:panda:

Sooner5030
12/31/2012, 05:03 PM
Oh brother. I bet they are more guns in pawn shops in OKC than all of Washington State.

The PAC NW may be pretty liberal when it comes to social spending and the environment but these folks love themselves some guns. Kinda weird.

Sooner5030
12/31/2012, 05:04 PM
I settled for a Beretta 92A1 9mm that i found in a local sporting goods store. The store will hold onto the weapon until my ATF request clears. I also went down to the local PD and filed for a CCL. They said it could take two weeks.

Not too bad.

MR2-Sooner86
12/31/2012, 05:28 PM
I think Gun Owners of America is a better organization but that's me.

Soonerjeepman
12/31/2012, 05:29 PM
congrats...I went and shot yesterday. Getting CCL in a month or so.

diverdog
12/31/2012, 05:49 PM
I settled for a Beretta 92A1 9mm that i found in a local sporting goods store. The store will hold onto the weapon until my ATF request clears. I also went down to the local PD and filed for a CCL. They said it could take two weeks.

Not too bad.

Why the wait? Are they backed up?

bluedogok
12/31/2012, 07:08 PM
The PAC NW may be pretty liberal when it comes to social spending and the environment but these folks love themselves some guns. Kinda weird.
Out in the west once you get outside the urban areas, the suburban and rural areas tend to be strong gun supporters.

Why the wait? Are they backed up?
Here in Colorado there is a waiting list of over 13,000 people waiting for background checks with the CBI for gun purchases. What was about a 23 minute wait in November is now almost two weeks. I am going to enter the queue after we close on our house on Friday.

olevetonahill
12/31/2012, 07:15 PM
Out in the west once you get outside the urban areas, the suburban and rural areas tend to be strong gun supporters.

Here in Colorado there is a waiting list of over 13,000 people waiting for background checks with the CBI for gun purchases. What was about a 23 minute wait in November is now almost two weeks. I am going to enter the queue after we close on our house on Friday.

Dayum, Last time I did that it was almost Instant .
**** em Ill buy from a a crazy dude on the side of the road

Curly Bill
12/31/2012, 07:37 PM
It's instant in Texas if you already have a CCP. :)

olevetonahill
12/31/2012, 07:54 PM
It's instant in Texas if you already have a CCP. :)

Well Ima come down there and You can buy em then sell em too me :welcoming:

Curly Bill
12/31/2012, 10:05 PM
Well Ima come down there and You can buy em then sell em too me :welcoming:

Come on then!

olevetonahill
12/31/2012, 10:13 PM
Come on then!

Be there in the next week er 2
as for those who say this Gun group or That gun group is Better than NRA. Got a queation. Were those groups around Back in the day when we needed them? What I thot
NRA been there from Day one fighting for your rights

Curly Bill
12/31/2012, 10:30 PM
as for those who say this Gun group or That gun group is Better than NRA. Got a queation. Were those groups around Back in the day when we needed them? What I thot

I'm all for any and all gun rights groups, but like you said: the one that's been there all along fighting to defend our 2nd Amendment rights is the NRA. Why I'm a Life Member, and may upgrade that to benefactor or some such.

soonercruiser
12/31/2012, 10:33 PM

I think that Diver was referreing to the wait on "walking out" with the gun you just bought.
I also thought that once you fill out the paperwork, that they just go to a computer, punch in your info, and "boom" (literally", you're ready to go.
My fed BRC only took maybe 10 minutes.

*But, I can concieve of the recent uptick in guns sales making it hard to keep up with during business hours.

soonercruiser
12/31/2012, 10:35 PM

The exact opposite of the AARP!
Like unions, they were good to a point.
Now that you need them to look out for you (the senior), they area all about themselves and $power!

olevetonahill
12/31/2012, 11:24 PM
I'm all for any and all gun rights groups, but like you said: the one that's been there all along fighting to defend our 2nd Amendment rights is the NRA. Why I'm a Life Member, and may upgrade that to benefactor or some such.

Yup. Im thinkin along those same lines bro.

StoopTroup
1/1/2013, 12:17 AM
Ya'll will be BONAFIDE then....

Chuck Bao
1/1/2013, 05:48 AM
The exact opposite of the AARP!
Like unions, they were good to a point.
Now that you need them to look out for you (the senior), they area all about themselves and $power!

Wow! I agree with cruiser on something. Besides, I won't trust any organization that continually tries to scare up new donations.

diverdog
1/1/2013, 09:59 AM
Dayum, Last time I did that it was almost Instant .
**** em Ill buy from a a crazy dude on the side of the road

I have never walked out of a store without my gun. They say people are in a panic and there is a rush. I am going to gamble and wait til summer to get my next pistol. Things should calm down by then.

olevetonahill
1/1/2013, 10:36 AM
I have never walked out of a store without my gun. They say people are in a panic and there is a rush. I am going to gamble and wait til summer to get my next pistol. Things should calm down by then.

Thats what Im thinkin, I dont NEED any more, Nothing I cant wait on . Nothing else I figure some of these idiots rushing to buy now will be broke in a few months and be selling em On Craigslist er something.

Sooner5030
1/1/2013, 02:18 PM
I also gave $50 to the Cato Institute today!

http://www.cato.org/support

soonercruiser
1/1/2013, 03:19 PM
Wow! I agree with cruiser on something. Besides, I won't trust any organization that continually tries to scare up new donations.

Wow!
My New Year's gift!
:welcoming:

soonercruiser
1/1/2013, 03:20 PM

Same here!
I can wait until the shelves are restocked, and the stores panic with the bursting inventory.
"Meaningful" gun control ain't goin' nowhere in this Congress!