PDA

View Full Version : Clemson vs lsu (Opinion Poll) Chick-fil-A BOWL

StoopTroup
12/30/2012, 01:04 AM
Who do you like in this one?

soonergirlNeugene
12/30/2012, 03:07 AM
Picking Clemson against my better judgment. Just have a funny feeling about this one.

StoopTroup
12/30/2012, 03:07 AM
Same here

PalmettoSooner
12/30/2012, 11:00 AM
This will be the best defense Clemson has faced all year and that is saying a lot b/c they played a very good South Carolina defense a few weeks ago. Clemson's o-line is not the strongest and the key for LSU's D is to blitz from the outside and make Clemson's QB Boyd nervous in the pocket. South Carolina was successful with this and it is a big reason why Clowney had 4.5 sacks in that game (of course Clowney is a beast). Clemson plays a very high speed no huddle offense and they have put up a lot of yards this year. One way South Carolina stopped that is keeping the ball from their offense by having long drives that goes for 4, 5, or 6 minutes. You get that offense out of tempo, they are flat. South carolina did that with their backup QB, backup RB, and a point guard from the basketball team. Clemson's defense is not all that great and borderline even good.

I see LSU winning this one. Don't think it will be a blowout but I say 34-24

8timechamps
12/30/2012, 02:59 PM
Went with Clemson, only because of Venebals. They do have a really good offense though, so it should be interesting. If Clemson wins, it'll be close.

badger
12/31/2012, 09:16 AM
Clemp out of wishful thinking... and thinking that Lesters non-coaching crazy hattedness has to catch up with him eventually... more than it already has, I mean

StoopTroup
12/31/2012, 02:44 PM
Went with Clemson, only because of Venebals. They do have a really good offense though, so it should be interesting. If Clemson wins, it'll be close.

I think Brent did a decent job with what he had going into this season. I like his style and think he can get his guys to make a difference in this game.

StoopTroup
12/31/2012, 11:20 PM
Venables > The Mad Hatter

BigTip
12/31/2012, 11:24 PM
Well that was fun.

SEC 2-1 now.

StoopTroup
12/31/2012, 11:38 PM
WTG Everyone. Great pickin'

Clemson (Venables Defense)

8timechamps, badger, Doged, FaninAma, jkjsooner, mikee likee, misplacedsooner, soonergirlNeugene, StoopTroup

agoo758
12/31/2012, 11:50 PM
It's quite fun seeing Clemson pull it especially after the ESPN quickly going into about how superior LSU was ("Clemson probably just doesn't have the athletes" after one play from scrimmage) and how they were going to get blown out ("Clemson has no answer for LSU's front" after two plays).

On another note, Tajh Boyd put up one of the greatest performances in CFB, even more impressive considering that he had absolutely no protection all game

Salt City Sooner
1/1/2013, 01:03 AM
That little intro from commercial blurb that Cunningham did early in the first half about "is it a good idea to run your QB against an SEC defense" cracked me up one second & made me roll my eyes in the next. Gee Ed, let's see.....I think I'll take Heisman trophy winners 2 of the last 3 years for $500 (or in Newton's case, $180,000).

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/1/2013, 01:06 AM
Fire Venables!

OK, sorry, just had to say that.

Congrats, Clemson. Well played.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/1/2013, 01:20 AM
It's quite fun seeing Clemson pull it especially after the ESPN quickly going into about how superior LSU was ("Clemson probably just doesn't have the athletes" after one play from scrimmage) and how they were going to get blown out ("Clemson has no answer for LSU's front" after two plays).

On another note, Tajh Boyd put up one of the greatest performances in CFB, even more impressive considering that he had absolutely no protection all gameHe made fearless throws, with blitzers crashing in on him all game.

FirstandGoal
1/1/2013, 10:45 AM

You are starting to scare me with your amazing prognosticator skills. Hey, I need the winning lotto numbers for the draw on Wednesday. Wanna help me with that?

badger
1/1/2013, 10:58 AM
Fire Venables!

Yes, because now that he's no longer "Vulnerables" he can return to OU :)

Zbird
1/1/2013, 04:39 PM
Never thought I'd say this, but I wish Venables was back after Mikey's performance w/o him this year. No LB experiment=FAIL.
Mikey It's a real game. Stop with the lab experiments. Bob... you need to redirect lil bro or Hire Mark to help him.

8timechamps
1/1/2013, 04:46 PM
Never thought I'd say this, but I wish Venables was back after Mikey's performance w/o him this year. No LB experiment=FAIL.
Mikey It's a real game. Stop with the lab experiments. Bob... you need to redirect lil bro or Hire Mark to help him.

I betcha we see just a tad more linebackers involved in the Cotton Bowl (I'm thinking Mike's been burning the midnight oil to prepare a gameplan...which will include the LBs).

StoopTroup
1/1/2013, 04:51 PM
I wasn't one to take Zbird's attitude regarding Mike and Brent. I was hoping that we would somehow be able to bring Mike in to work with Brent like we had the first few years when we had them both. Sooner Fans need to realize that Bob has been able to replace Coaches that he lost without ever bringing guys back. Mike IMO without Brent here was a mistake for our program. Had Brent found a HC job at the end of this Season....I think he would have been much better off and our Defense wouldn't have been so bad this year. IMO I think we play in the MNC should Mike and Brent been here this year.

Clemson won't have Brent very long.