StoopTroup
12/30/2012, 12:57 AM
Who do you like?

StoopTroup
12/31/2012, 04:38 PM
14-7 G-Tech

badger
12/31/2012, 04:39 PM
I voted GT without looking at the scoreboard. Losing Barkley was my sole decision point, as I think GT sucks.

Of course, your question was "who do you like?" Does anyone here LIKE usc?

StoopTroup
12/31/2012, 04:40 PM
No likey SUC

StoopTroup
12/31/2012, 05:06 PM
Wow!

G-Tech 21

suc 7

8timechamps
12/31/2012, 05:09 PM
This game is a perfect example of why motivation matters in bowl games. One team is really pumped to be there, the other team is just there.

SoonerNomad
12/31/2012, 05:10 PM
I don't "like" either team, but I thought USC would win easily, even without Barkley. Even if USC comes back to win it hasn't been easy and so I am wrong. I know I heard an ESPN announcer say they had USC as their highest rated win in a confidence pool he entered.

Georgia Tech had to get a waiver to allow their 6-7 sorry self's to even get in a bowl game. They were allowed the extra loss because they had to play in the ACC championship game because half the teams in their division are suspended.

This is embarrassing for USC and for Kiffin.

StoopTroup
12/31/2012, 05:11 PM
Could be the NCAA has been closely watching the amount of "Motivation" they give their players....:D

StoopTroup
12/31/2012, 05:37 PM
That last bit that CBS did about the "Sherriff's Posse Bowl"....

Evidently it's a planned event for both Teams hosted by the Sun Bowl. G-Tech was on-time and after an hour waiting on Kiffen and his Team, The G-Tech Coach and Team got up and left.

Bad Blood.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/21459957

instigator
12/31/2012, 05:37 PM
This has been pretty enjoyable to watch. I has assumed USC would be able to out athlete GT but Kiffens ****ty coaching has overcome his team's talent. Love the shots of him pouting on the sideline.

StoopTroup
12/31/2012, 05:44 PM
The announcers seem to be rooting for a comeback and the refs can do no wrong.

Sickening.

StoopTroup
12/31/2012, 05:45 PM
Roughing the passer....

OMG!

Here comes the suc cooking.

StoopTroup
12/31/2012, 05:45 PM
Another flag....

3rd one in a row on G-Tech.

StoopTroup
12/31/2012, 05:48 PM
finally....

G-Tech INT

Game Over

Sabanball
12/31/2012, 07:22 PM
Hard to believe Lame Kitten took all that talent and only got to 7-6. Wonder how bad they'll be when the scholly limits start to take their effect next yr?

instigator
12/31/2012, 08:48 PM
Just look at their QB situation. If that guy is Barkleys replacement they are doomed.

BoulderSooner79
12/31/2012, 08:49 PM
Hard to believe Lame Kitten took all that talent and only got to 7-6. Wonder how bad they'll be when the scholly limits start to take their effect next yr?

Depth was already a problem on defense this year with injuries and the no-wait transfers allowed from the probation. It will only get worse from here.

I don't usually buy into the "they don't want to be here" BS, but dang, USC did not want to be there. I guess that whole missing dinner fiasco really did reflect their feelings. If a team really does not want to go to a bowl, they should decline the invitation and let a team go that does. If I were the AD, I'd hold the coach accountable - it's his job to get them ready.

BoulderSooner79
12/31/2012, 08:52 PM
Just look at their QB situation. If that guy is Barkleys replacement they are doomed.

The guy definitely had a bad game, but I wouldn't assume that's the best he can do. Given he wasn't the real starter, I was surprised they didn't try someone else during the game. Maybe the only other backups they had were being red-shirted. If that's the case, then I agree it's not worth losing a red-shirt year over.

8timechamps
12/31/2012, 08:53 PM
7-6. This was the "#1 team in the country" according to a lot of the media (including ESPN). This was the team that was going to "finally end the SEC monopoly" on national titles. The Heisman was all but awarded to Barkley pre-season. And it all boiled down to a poor 7-6 season, including a loss in their first bowl game in two years (to a team that shouldn't have even been there).

All of it on Kiffen's watch. I love it!

Sabanball
12/31/2012, 09:07 PM
Kiffen pouting on the sidelines was priceless. He is so full of win!

StoopTroup
12/31/2012, 09:26 PM
Kiffen pouting on the sidelines was priceless. He is so full of win!

To much tequila? Maybe he should order only one shot at a time. :D

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/USATODAY/gameon/2012/12/27/sombrero-4_3_r560.jpg?f061b7ce9937c38b702e6f308816ac2a14e2a 4ec

bluedogok
12/31/2012, 09:44 PM
I don't usually buy into the "they don't want to be here" BS, but dang, USC did not want to be there. I guess that whole missing dinner fiasco really did reflect their feelings. If a team really does not want to go to a bowl, they should decline the invitation and let a team go that does. If I were the AD, I'd hold the coach accountable - it's his job to get them ready.
IF you don't want to end up playing in El Paso, all you have to do is win more games.....

Sabanball
12/31/2012, 09:46 PM
Before today Tech had held only two teams to under 17 points this season, and they were Maryland and Presbyterian. USC scored only 7, I think that stat speaks to how little USC wanted to be in this bowl game. They had no intention of even showing up today, if I was one of their fans I would be thoroughly embarrassed right now.

StoopTroup
12/31/2012, 09:52 PM
Lane was probably worried some of his guys might go to Juarez and then not be able to get through immigration on their way back?

MyT Oklahoma
12/31/2012, 11:07 PM
It's games like this that makes me feel better about our 10-2 season.

But then ask me again after the Cotton Bowl.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
1/1/2013, 01:11 AM
I didn't catch all this on ESPN because I was multitasking but I think the gist of it was this was the first time the #1 ranked preseason favorite ended up unranked and losing their bowl game since...I thought I heard Ole Miss?

Y'all help me out here.

And in any case, BWAAA HAAA HAAA Sing it with me people, We're the Trojans and we really suck, We're the Trojans and we really suck....

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/1/2013, 01:32 AM
This has been pretty enjoyable to watch. I has assumed USC would be able to out athlete GT but Kiffens ****ty coaching has overcome his team's talent. Love the shots of him pouting on the sideline.Lane is a great match for usuc. He has the kind of attitude that fits the style of the program, and should be given a lot more time to lead usc into a new era of dominance.