PDA

View Full Version : Pole: Are the Liberals drunk with power

nutinbutdust
12/29/2012, 12:39 PM
Some of the News articles and interviews I have seen lately leave me wondering WTF are they sayin? I completely support the First Amendment, but these stories leave me scratching my head.

Appearing Monday morning on CBS, Obama’s jobs council head and the CEO of GE Jeffrey Immelt said that one thing that “actually works” is “state-run Communism” in China.LINK (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/head-of-obamas-jobs-council-state-run-communism-actually-works/)

New York Newspaper to Release More Names of Gun Permit Owners After UproarLINK (http://townhall.com/tipsheet/heatherginsberg/2012/12/29/new-york-newspaper-to-release-more-gun-permit-owners-after-uproar-n1475969)

LOL earlier in DEC I read an article that accused the left of being sore winners for their conduct after the election. I am starting to belive that was right. I have plenty of friends that mindlessly link drivel from the daily kos. I really consider myself more of a Libertarian than a right winger, but I feel i have to go to town hall to balance all the crap i see on facebook. I am starting to wonder if i should just drop facebook.

soonercruiser
12/29/2012, 03:52 PM
You will be "labeled" here for posting links to stories on "The Blaze"!
:fox:

nutinbutdust
12/29/2012, 05:44 PM
You will be "labeled" here for posting links to stories on "The Blaze"!
:fox:
lol not really a site i frequent. but was linked from townhall.com :chuncky:

diverdog
12/29/2012, 07:50 PM
First off all your link does not work

Secondly Glenn Beck is loud mouth POS who would make Goebbles proud.

And third this is what Immelt said: "China is changing," said CBS host Charlie Rose. "It may be being stabilized as we speak. What does that mean for China and what does it mean for the United States? Should it change expectations?"

"It is good for China," said Immelt. "To a certain extent, Charlie, 11 percent is unsustainable. You end up getting too much stimulus or a misallocation of resources. They are much better off working on a more consumer-based economy, less dependent on exports. The one thing that actually works, state run communism a bit– may not be your cup of tea, but their government works."

lexsooner
12/29/2012, 09:48 PM
Yes, look at that horrible pro-Obama bias in the polls. Terrible. What, the election results showed the polls were actually spot on and even skewed towards Romney? Never mind. Maybe Mitt should have prepared a concession speech rather than believing the fluff.

nutinbutdust
12/29/2012, 10:10 PM
Rirst off all your link does not work
"

link fixed

SCOUT
12/29/2012, 10:12 PM
It's almost like Obama and the Democrats see their victory as a mandate to do what they want. They don't care about the other...47% or so...that didn't vote for them. Ironic.

nutinbutdust
12/29/2012, 10:55 PM
It's almost like Obama and the Democrats see their victory as a mandate to do what they want. They don't care about the other...47% or so...that didn't vote for them. Ironic.

I just wish that for one election there would be a candidate that I could really stand behind. I feel like all I ever do is vote for what I feel is the lesser of two evils.

diverdog
12/29/2012, 11:38 PM

Can you give an example?

SCOUT
12/30/2012, 12:42 AM
Can you give an example?

The 47% joke aside...
http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/14/15166384-obama-claims-mandate-on-taxes?lite

StoopTroup
12/30/2012, 02:04 AM
I just wish that for one election there would be a candidate that I could really stand behind. I feel like all I ever do is vote for what I feel is the lesser of two evils.

Reality is a bitch huh?

diverdog
12/30/2012, 07:57 AM
The 47% joke aside...
http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/14/15166384-obama-claims-mandate-on-taxes?lite

Scout,

i believe he is referring to the polls which show more than 72% of American people believe taxes should be raised on the rich. That also includes a lot of the rich who believe the same thing as well as some Republicans.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/04/22/news/economy/budget_taxes_poll/index.htm

diverdog
12/30/2012, 07:58 AM

Same here. Reagan was the last President that I really liked.

diverdog
12/30/2012, 08:54 AM
link fixed

Thanks. What Immelt said was accurate as far as China is concerned. No one would disagree that they have been incredibly successful. China will move towards Democracy but it will be on their time table not ours.

The publishing of gun owner names was wrong. I am really not sure what they were trying to accomplish other than sensationalism.

soonercruiser
12/31/2012, 03:35 PM
If anyone has been doing their own research, and listening to people other than Obama supporters, you will realize that China itself is a paper tiger, and ready to fold in the future.
Duh!

The only real solid base that China has in the thousands of tons of gold that it has been producing, and buying across the globe.

soonercruiser
12/31/2012, 03:38 PM
First off all your link does not work

Secondly Glenn Beck is loud mouth POS who would make Goebbles proud.

And third this is what Immelt said: "China is changing," said CBS host Charlie Rose. "It may be being stabilized as we speak. What does that mean for China and what does it mean for the United States? Should it change expectations?"

"It is good for China," said Immelt. "To a certain extent, Charlie, 11 percent is unsustainable. You end up getting too much stimulus or a misallocation of resources. They are much better off working on a more consumer-based economy, less dependent on exports. The one thing that actually works, state run communism a bit– may not be your cup of tea, but their government works."

And, Diver, Obama is a loud mouther POS!
So what?
It's the "truth" that matters.
Not the lies, promises, and obfiscations that come from the Left!

OU_Sooners75
12/31/2012, 03:39 PM
Scout,

i believe he is referring to the polls which show more than 72% of American people believe taxes should be raised on the rich. That also includes a lot of the rich who believe the same thing as well as some Republicans.

But its not just about raising taxes.

Raising taxes won't stop the bleeding. There needs to be meaningful spendinng cuts.

If you ask those 72% if they fill taxes being raised is good enough, I bet you get a vast amjority saying no.

sappstuf
12/31/2012, 04:11 PM
Scout,

What? A majority of Americans think taxes should be raised on other people... I'm shocked..Shocked!