PDA

View Full Version : Wow. My Aunt got robbed in tulsa...

nutinbutdust
12/28/2012, 10:56 PM
Was talking to my sister today and found out my aunt got robbed last friday. LINKY (http://www.tulsaworld.com/specialprojects/news/crimewatch/article.aspx?subjectid=450&articleid=20121223_11_A11_ULNSbB726492)
My aunt is pretty deaf and had her hearing aids out when she went to bed. Didn't hear the perp throw a brick through her sliding glass patio door. Somehow she heard him rifling through a drawer and she confronted him. She said she yelled at him in her b!tchiest voice "What the heck are you doing in my house?" He pulled out a pistol and pointed it at her and then ran. He was loading a pillow case up with her costume jewelry. But evidently he was too stupid to call it a night and got caught breaking into a car a couple of miles away. I was reading the new years resolutions and thought maybe I should resolve to go make sure she knows how to turn her alarm system on. She has an alarm system, but never turns it on, but she said she was gonna start using it.

olevetonahill
12/28/2012, 11:02 PM
Glad shes alright, Yea It wouldnt hurt to Check and make sure shes Ok and knows how to turn it on and Off
Bless her heart

This from the Link

During interviews with detectives, Barberousee asked, "Can I go tell the old lady that I'm sorry?" the report says. He then allegedly went onto say, "I'm not a bad person."

Since when is a Scum bag NOT a Bad person?

yermom
12/28/2012, 11:38 PM
he could have easily hurt her, so at least he's not that much of a scumbag

sounds like he's not that smart though... not that i break into houses, but i'm pretty sure i'd do what i could to make sure the one i was entering was empty.

Flagstaffsooner
12/29/2012, 04:30 AM
Since when is a Scum bag NOT a Bad person?

He's texan.

cleller
12/29/2012, 08:59 AM
Confusing story for me, being hung up on the addresses. They obviously got their locations mixed up, as some are in the 31st and Memorial area, and others in the 81st and Memorial area. (also there are not any houses in the 8000 block of E 32 St, but I nitpick)

Hope you aunt is OK, at least the turd showed some remorse. Not that it changes anything.

Another bit of trivia, you are correct, your aunt was robbed. What started out as a burglary of her home, became a robbery when he pointed the gun at your aunt.
It is a pet peeve of mine to hear "my house got robbed". Houses are burglarized, people are robbed. An element of the robbery statute is that it is accomplished thru "force or fear".

Done picking nits now.

nutinbutdust
12/29/2012, 01:32 PM
Confusing story for me, being hung up on the addresses. They obviously got their locations mixed up, as some are in the 31st and Memorial area, and others in the 81st and Memorial area. (also there are not any houses in the 8000 block of E 32 St, but I nitpick)

Hope you aunt is OK, at least the turd showed some remorse. Not that it changes anything.

Another bit of trivia, you are correct, your aunt was robbed. What started out as a burglary of her home, became a robbery when he pointed the gun at your aunt.
It is a pet peeve of mine to hear "my house got robbed". Houses are burglarized, people are robbed. An element of the robbery statute is that it is accomplished thru "force or fear".

Done picking nits now.

Yeah the addresses in the story are a little mucked up. She is actually closer to 51st st. She actually lives off of E 49th st, just off memorial. I think the guy got caught over around 81st st breaking into a car. My sister told me it was a couple of miles away. My aunt's husband passed about 4 years ago. I miss him, was a true sooner fan, and I always enjoyed talking football with him.

StoopTroup
12/29/2012, 03:58 PM
49th and Memorial....

Yeah....she got tagged. You should make sure she turns the alarm on everyday.

GDC
12/29/2012, 05:10 PM
Tulsa is out of control.

StoopTroup
12/29/2012, 11:05 PM
I thought it was Chicago with Atlanta coming in 2nd?

badger
12/31/2012, 01:20 PM
Tulsa is out of control.

there have been more reports out of Tulsa of people pointing guns back at burglars/robbers/criminals than I remember recently. Same with bystanders tackling thieves and holding them for police.

Security advice: Get a dog or two. My dogs are friendly to me, intimidating to strangers (especially the ones that don't know dogs). Their barking is enough to drive Jehovah's Witnesses and their Watchtower pamphlets away from our doorstep. I haven't seen them in about a year... but my neighbors have! :D

Turd_Ferguson
12/31/2012, 01:23 PM
Tulsa is a ****hole.

Indeed.

StoopTroup
12/31/2012, 03:00 PM
there have been more reports out of Tulsa of people pointing guns back at burglars/robbers/criminals than I remember recently. Same with bystanders tackling thieves and holding them for police.

Security advice: Get a dog or two. My dogs are friendly to me, intimidating to strangers (especially the ones that don't know dogs). Their barking is enough to drive Jehovah's Witnesses and their Watchtower pamphlets away from our doorstep. I haven't seen them in about a year... but my neighbors have! :D

Yep....Dogs are awesome.

stoopified
1/4/2013, 12:21 PM
My dad lives in Lawton and about 5-6 years ago had a break-in.Dad is retired Army and a good shot with rifle,shotgun,or pistol.That is what makes this story so frustrating* at least IMHO). He found the guy coming in thru a window and fired 2 shots.....into the wall acove the guy's head. I am of the opinion that when I was younger Dad would have put 2 in the 10 ring.I think now that he is older,he is getting soft.