PDA

View Full Version : Scum suckin Vultures are out in Newtown

olevetonahill
12/28/2012, 09:20 PM
2 weeks before the 1st scum surfaced

http://news.yahoo.com/claim-seeks-100-million-child-survivor-connecticut-school-003646074.html

SanJoaquinSooner
12/28/2012, 09:26 PM
I would expect the surviving child to get some sort of settlement. But if she warrants 100 million , what would the survivors of the dead children and teachers get?

I don't understand the claim that this tragic event was "forseeable."

olevetonahill
12/28/2012, 09:30 PM
I would expect the surviving child to get some sort of settlement. But if she warrants 100 million , what would the survivors of the dead children and teachers get?

I don't understand the claim that this tragic event was "forseeable."

So then EVERY kid in school should get a 100 mil?
Hell They should be glad they ****in survived, Its **** like this that make Lawyers come across as lower than whale shat.

cleller
12/28/2012, 11:04 PM
Money. Yes, that is what a kid needs to get over this.

Of course its not the killer's money they're after.

StoopTroup
12/30/2012, 02:29 AM
Is it possible that the Child's Attorney filed it at 100 million thinking about what the cost of this litigation might be if his firm was forced into a long and drawn out Court Case? Is it possible that they would settle quickly if a reasonable settlement was reached? Is it possible that the Attorney only filed it at 100 million after asking for a settlement? Is it possible that the folks he asked for a settlement told him to pound sand like you seem to be doing?

Midtowner
12/30/2012, 08:03 AM
Connecticut is one of the few states which allow punitive damages against the state. I think this is kind of a crap case because as much as this child may be traumatized, I don't see how the state breached any sort of duty towards her. I mean the Principal sacrificed her own life trying to tackle a heavily armed attacker and I just don't think the attack was foreseeable. We'll see where this goes, but in my estimation, the case is going to be bounced out of court.

olevetonahill
12/30/2012, 10:43 AM
Connecticut is one of the few states which allow punitive damages against the state. I think this is kind of a crap case because as much as this child may be traumatized, I don't see how the state breached any sort of duty towards her. I mean the Principal sacrificed her own life trying to tackle a heavily armed attacker and I just don't think the attack was foreseeable. We'll see where this goes, but in my estimation, the case is going to be bounced out of court.

See we can agree with each other when you use common sense .:very_drunk:

Curly Bill
12/30/2012, 04:50 PM
The state through it's laws did not allow the people inside, not the kiddos but the adults, to protect themselves. I'm not Matlock, but if the state isn't going to allow me to protect myself, than they are assuming that responsibility, and they obviously failed miserably. I'm not even close to being litigious but in this case I hope everyone that went to, or worked in that school sues the ever-living hell out of the school, the state, and anyone else that made those people inside sitting ducks!

Midtowner
12/30/2012, 10:30 PM
You can only hold 'em liable if this was foreseeable.

Thousands of elementary schools around the country in 200+ years of history and no one has (to my recollection) gone and murdered kindergarteners just for funsies.

Curly Bill
12/30/2012, 11:10 PM
You can only hold 'em liable if this was foreseeable.

Thousands of elementary schools around the country in 200+ years of history and no one has (to my recollection) gone and murdered kindergarteners just for funsies.

Be that as it may, I still hope every parent with a kid in that school sues every single person who bears any responsibility for creating the sitting duck situation those folks were in.

badger
12/31/2012, 10:38 AM
Connecticut is one of the few states which allow punitive damages against the state.

Oh boy, sucks to be in Connecticut even more now. Aren't those Colonial states all taxed-to-death liberal havens as-is? If there's big settlements against the state in this, expect to be taxed even more to cover the settlements!

okiegirl
12/31/2012, 11:50 AM
HMMM this makes me think...My child is now afraid to go to bed at night....I am JUST sure it is from the news we watched (though she never saw it)....but perhaps..JUST PERHAPS...she is scared and having issues from this tragedy, PLUS she hates going to school. Hold on, I am on the phone with an attorney right now! I am thinking we could get a few million at least, even though we live in Oklahoma and she has a great school..../woot payday from a tragedy.....

okiegirl
12/31/2012, 11:51 AM
Oh boy, sucks to be in Connecticut even more now. Aren't those Colonial states all taxed-to-death liberal havens as-is? If there's big settlements against the state in this, expect to be taxed even more to cover the settlements!

Actually, I work in those states at times, and they have much lower taxes than Oklahoma. Most are around 3-6 percent and I think Oklahoma is about 8-9 percent.

okie52
12/31/2012, 12:03 PM
Actually, I work in those states at times, and they have much lower taxes than Oklahoma. Most are around 3-6 percent and I think Oklahoma is about 8-9 percent.

8-9% for state income tax?

badger
12/31/2012, 12:31 PM

You're talking about sales tax, right? I know those are low -- I have a relative in Delaware that has ZERO sales tax (perhaps for being a haven for businesses to avoid taxes in other states, hmm?)

soonercruiser
12/31/2012, 03:12 PM
Precisely!
If okiegirl "works in those states part-time", the only hurt felt is sales taxes.

http://taxfoundation.org/state-tax-climate/connecticut

6.7% individual income tax top rate
9% corporate income tax
sales tax rate 6.35%
$2,473 - property tax collection PER CAPITA!

http://swz.salary.com/salarywizard/layouthtmls/swzl_statetaxrate_CT.html

Howw Connecticut State income tax rates are structured

The tax table below will show in detail the Connecticut state income tax rates by income tax bracket(s). There are 2 income tax brackets for Connecticut.

If your income range is between $0 and $10,000, your tax rate on every dollar of income earned is 3%.
If your income range is $10,001 and over, your tax rate on every dollar of income earned is 5%.

ncome tax brackets data last updated March 3rd, 2009.