PDA

View Full Version : List your New Year's resolutions here

FirstandGoal
12/28/2012, 08:13 PM
Okay, so I was just thinking about how exciting it is that we get to start a brand new year in a few days and got the idea for this thread.

I love the start of a new year because you have this shiny new slate and you haven't had any screw-ups on it yet. I love making plans even if some of them never come to fruition.

Here is a list of my own personal goals I've set for 2013

Get my 5K time down to under 30 minutes (currently right at 38)
Work on getting back into strength training in addition to my cardio workouts
Sit down and plan out a vacation and then actually take the time off work and not worry while I'm gone
Go out on an honest-to-God real date
Go to a Sooners home football game
Keep focusing on improving overall health and well-being-- both physical and mental
Find a church I feel at peace with
Focus on God more and myself less
Take the time to tell others how much I care for and appreciate them (I tend to be a bit abrupt at times)
Never stop trying to be the best me I can possibly be

So what goals do the rest of you guys have?

olevetonahill
12/28/2012, 08:19 PM
Stay Smoke free , which aint gonna be a Prob
Pay off my 2012 mistakes
Lose some dayum weight
Drank some Natty and chase it with OVJ

SanJoaquinSooner
12/28/2012, 08:52 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-RXWyp2_DAMY/TVQCocV-4fI/AAAAAAAAApY/-I1sfETzMiE/s1600/happy_rd_sign.jpg

StoopTroup
12/28/2012, 09:08 PM
http://thesurvivalmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/happy-to-survive.jpg

8timechamps
12/28/2012, 10:19 PM
I'm going to focus more on my health this year, not so much the "get in shape stuff" (I'm always working on that), but listening to my doctor, regular blood pressure checks, etc. The little things, I guess.

I'm also going to try to take time to enjoy life a little more. I'd really like to visit a country I've never been to, and just soak it in. Learn to appreciate what I have.

FirstandGoal
12/30/2012, 11:54 AM
I'm going to focus more on my health this year, not so much the "get in shape stuff" (I'm always working on that), but listening to my doctor, regular blood pressure checks, etc. The little things, I guess.

I'm also going to try to take time to enjoy life a little more. I'd really like to visit a country I've never been to, and just soak it in. Learn to appreciate what I have.

These are great goals! I'm with you on the health focus. This last year is the year I really got a handle on my health and fitness and this year the goal is to continue doing what I've been doing for the past 11+ months and fine tune what works/doesn't work and keep building from there.
Another thing I'm going to do as soon as the new year starts is go to the local spa and buy a package of massages and facials so every month I'm treating myself to something nice as both a stress buster and a way to reward myself for all of my hard work.

I'd also love to try to learn a foreign language. Right now I speak only English and Vet, but would like to add to my repertoire.

FirstandGoal
12/30/2012, 11:56 AM
Stay Smoke free , which aint gonna be a Prob
Pay off my 2012 mistakes
Lose some dayum weight
Drank some Natty and chase it with OVJ

1. Yay! You know how happy I am about this and I will always be in your corner fighting for you to keep up this battle
2. Ditto
3&4. Lol, you can do one or the other, but not both dear.

olevetonahill
12/30/2012, 12:11 PM
1. Yay! You know how happy I am about this and I will always be in your corner fighting for you to keep up this battle
2. Ditto
3&4. Lol, you can do one or the other, but not both dear.

Well I guess 3 outa 4 aint bad then, But I sure would like to lose at least a few Lbs :very_drunk:

olevetonahill
12/30/2012, 12:16 PM
These are great goals! I'm with you on the health focus. This last year is the year I really got a handle on my health and fitness and this year the goal is to continue doing what I've been doing for the past 11+ months and fine tune what works/doesn't work and keep building from there.
Another thing I'm going to do as soon as the new year starts is go to the local spa and buy a package of massages and facials so every month I'm treating myself to something nice as both a stress buster and a way to reward myself for all of my hard work.

I'd also love to try to learn a foreign language. Right now I speak only English and Vet, but would like to add to my repertoire.

Have you tried the On line language course? If you aint a member go to your Library and get a members card , Then sign up for their Free on line language course. I signed up about a year ago and so far Ive had great success, I can say Beer and whiskey in Spanish.
cerveza whisky

The Whiskey one was the hardest :very_drunk:

okiewaker
12/30/2012, 12:38 PM
1.Learn how to smoke a brisket. Briskets gives me probs.

2.Get out more and meet people. Find a nice gal to occasionally hang out with or something.

3.Spend more time doing the things I like to do instead of putting them on the back burner so others can do what they want to do.

4. Work less and play more.

Turd_Ferguson
12/30/2012, 12:44 PM
1. Drink less.

2. **** more.

olevetonahill
12/30/2012, 12:46 PM
1. Drink less.

2. **** more.

Im just gonna ****in drank more :very_drunk:

goingoneight
12/31/2012, 12:37 AM
1. Staying smoke-free (currently six months, two days)
2. Going skydiving (I've already gone on the observer tour and watched people jump... no I wanna go!)
3. Finally taking 15 minutes of my material to the open mic night at the Comedy Club (friend did his and had a blast)
4. Manage money better (see? I'm already being funny... ba-dum-tsssh!)
5. Win National Championship (I need to get ahold of Bob on that one)
6. Have lots of teh secks
7. Draw out half the price of every impulse buy I resist in 2013 from my account and see how much it is in December (my friend did this last year and ended up with over $1,000 in a shoebox a couple of weeks ago when he counted it up)

badger
12/31/2012, 10:35 AM
Lose rest of baby badger weight.

Seriously, if I can do this, everything else should fall into place :)

nutinbutdust
12/31/2012, 01:00 PM
My New Years resolution is to remember to write 2013 instead of 2012.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/31/2012, 01:42 PM
Never made one before.

StoopTroup
12/31/2012, 02:59 PM
Find the World's best Cheeseburger.

MR2-Sooner86
12/31/2012, 05:35 PM
Masturbate more.

Everything else I think I have a grip on.

StoopTroup
12/31/2012, 06:04 PM
Masturbate more.

Everything else I think I have a grip on.

Speaking of grip....

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m58/shadowghosts/the-dangers-of-masterbation-cefjfhi.jpg

ouwasp
1/1/2013, 01:46 AM
I finally found a couple of resolutions that I can actually follow through on and be faithful to...

1.Enter the Publisher Clearing House sweepstakes when that junk mail arrives... somebody has to win.

2. I refuse to fwd chain emails that promise good fortune/bad luck/God's blessings, etc. If my refusal to do this cancels out my efforts in Resolution #1, so be it. I hate those stupid emails.

1/1/2013, 04:03 AM
Not letting my laundry pile up, figuratively and literally.