PDA

View Full Version : Some one splain this please?

olevetonahill
12/28/2012, 12:17 PM
A city with STRICT gun laws
Chicago reaches 500 homicides with fatal shooting

http://news.yahoo.com/chicago-reaches-500-homicides-fatal-shooting-145951769.html

Versus a City with Fairly Lax laws

Atlanta Homicides Lowest In 48-Years

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=139946

sappstuf
12/28/2012, 12:36 PM
They are good at hiding the bodies in Atlanta?

badger
12/28/2012, 01:06 PM
People with less to lose have more to gain by committing crimes than those that are employed, own sh!t and have optimism?

lexsooner
12/28/2012, 01:11 PM
Vet, my understanding is violent crime has decreased in every region of the country over the past decade, in both regions which have lax gun laws and those with strict gun control. Criminologists are surprised by this, since we experienced a hard recession which typically coincides with an increase in all crimes. They speculate this is due to an aging population, tougher sentencing, more community involvement in crime prevention, and even video games which keep young people inside. Gun laws have not been mentioned as a factor, except by gun control or gun rights advocates.

SanJoaquinSooner
12/28/2012, 01:18 PM
Northern people are meaner than Southern people.

Midtowner
12/28/2012, 01:27 PM
No mention that OKC's homicide rate is about double what it was last year and our gun laws are pretty lax?

Hm.

okie52
12/28/2012, 01:29 PM
No mention that OKC's homicide rate is about double what it was last year and our gun laws are pretty lax?

Hm.

4 years of Obama are beginning to take its toll.

badger
12/28/2012, 01:37 PM

Hm.
Does that include the pharmacist?

olevetonahill
12/28/2012, 01:47 PM

Hm.

Ok for you SLOW witted few, Chicago Is a VERY large City, So Is Atlanta. Comparing apples to Apples ya see.

Chicago's Homicides Increased , while Atlanta's a Comparable city rates have declined
Now you want to Compare OKC with Say Morton Grove Have at it.
Again You prove you are
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bRnEt20VD6s/T-2wOtPXgDI/AAAAAAAACXM/5nVb--ArphA/s320/super-retard.jpg

diverdog
12/28/2012, 01:51 PM

Hm.

I suspect you are also seeing a rise in gang and meth activity.

okie52
12/28/2012, 01:52 PM
Does that include the pharmacist?

LOL

Gun control bans may scratch our combative pharmacists from the equation.

okie52
12/28/2012, 01:57 PM

Hm.

I'm blaming it on Whetsel and Prater.

Midtowner
12/28/2012, 01:59 PM
LOL

Gun control bans may scratch our combative pharmacists from the equation.

If we had a ban prohibiting mentally ill people from owning firearms, then yes.

I'd also favor a ban for CCW or open carry for anyone who is prescribed any mind altering substance, including pain meds.

okie52
12/28/2012, 02:06 PM
If we had a ban prohibiting mentally ill people from owning firearms, then yes.

I'd also favor a ban for CCW or open carry for anyone who is prescribed any mind altering substance, including pain meds.

Probably shouldn't have mentally ill people filling prescriptions, practicing law, operating heavy equipment, driving,....

I thought there was already a law against carrying firearms if you were intoxicated.

Midtowner
12/28/2012, 02:09 PM
Probably shouldn't have mentally ill people filling prescriptions, practicing law, operating heavy equipment, driving,....

I thought there was already a law against carrying firearms if you were intoxicated.

That sure as hell didn't stop your hero pharmacist from doing any of those things.

olevetonahill
12/28/2012, 02:15 PM
And once again Yall let the Tard shift the focus of the thread

Its about Homicides in Chicago a "GunFree" zone compared to Atlanta.A city of comparable size

Chicago hit 500 homicides this year, Last reported for Atlanta that I easily found was 80.

Big Dif.

Midtowner
12/28/2012, 02:18 PM

Its about Homicides in Chicago a "GunFree" zone compared to Atlanta.A city of comparable size

Chicago hit 500 homicides this year, Last reported for Atlanta that I easily found was 80.

Big Dif.

And Okieland which is far from gun free, we have a higher murder rate than Chi Town.

Cherry picking stats doesn't prove a point. 'Specially when we have stats close to home which shoot down your hypothesis lickety split.

Also, if you factor in other violent crimes, Forbes recently ranked Atlanta as the 6th most dangerous city for 2012. Chicago wasn't on the list.

diverdog
12/28/2012, 02:20 PM

Big Dif.

Vet:

I believe OKC is larger than Atlanta.

DD

olevetonahill
12/28/2012, 02:23 PM
And Okieland which is far from gun free, we have a higher murder rate than Chi Town.

Cherry picking stats doesn't prove a point. 'Specially when we have stats close to home which shoot down your hypothesis lickety split.

God Damn you are ****ing Ignorant!
You trying to tell me we have had OVER 500 Homicides in the Whole ****ing State of Oklahoma this year?
OKC had a total of 50 Count em 50 so far
http://kfor.com/2012/07/10/okc-murder-rate-spikes-in-2012/

okie52
12/28/2012, 02:24 PM
That sure as hell didn't stop your hero pharmacist from doing any of those things.

Weren't you saying Ersland was mentally ill? Laws against mentally ill people owning firearms would have stopped him.

Hero...yeah, I liked the guy shooting armed robbers. Too bad he wasn't a better shot the 1st time.

olevetonahill
12/28/2012, 02:24 PM
Vet:

I believe OKC is larger than Atlanta.

DD

Could be, But like I just posted OKC only had 50 so far this year

olevetonahill
12/28/2012, 02:26 PM

Yer right by 20K
I was thinkin inside the Loop area.

Midtowner
12/28/2012, 02:26 PM

Nope. We're almost to or just passed 100 total.

And if you want to get in to cherry picking stats, NYC is about to have its lowest rate in something like 40 years.

olevetonahill
12/28/2012, 02:28 PM
Northern people are sitting ducks for Criminals with guns.

FTFY

olevetonahill
12/28/2012, 02:32 PM

And if you want to get in to cherry picking stats, NYC is about to have its lowest rate in something like 40 years.

My bad on the OKC count just looked at the date of that article.
Ok so say the Pop count of Chi is 5 times that of OKC
they have a homicide count of 5 times OKC's

So does that NOT TELL you that Strict gun control is not the answer?

lexsooner
12/28/2012, 02:40 PM

And, Chicago's homicide rate was considerably lower in the last decade, compared with the 1980s and 90s. The article in the first post cites a small spike this year to over 500 homicides. However, the rates were in the 400s throughout the 2000s, and in the 800s to 900s per year in the previous decades. So, Vet is picking cherries within cherries, although I am fairly certain this is all tongue in cheek and he is just having some fun by starting this thread.

diverdog
12/28/2012, 02:43 PM
Yer right by 20K
I was thinkin inside the Loop area.

I would still rather live in OKC over Atlanta or Chicago.

BigTip
12/28/2012, 03:19 PM
I found out something interesting.
Every male, between the ages of 20 and 30, in Switzerland is required to keep a fully automatic assault rifle in his house. After he musters out of the militia at 30 he has the option to keep his rifle.
In 2010 there were 40 gun caused murders in Switzerland, out of 56 total murders.
Switzerland has almost 8 million citizens.

Just thought that was interesting.

olevetonahill
12/28/2012, 03:22 PM
I would still rather live in OKC over Atlanta or Chicago.

Never Lived in Chi, have lived in Atlanta, I agree OKC any day, Cept I'd prolly be in Norman

Midtowner
12/28/2012, 03:57 PM
I found out something interesting.
Every male, between the ages of 20 and 30, in Switzerland is required to keep a fully automatic assault rifle in his house. After he musters out of the militia at 30 he has the option to keep his rifle.
In 2010 there were 40 gun caused murders in Switzerland, out of 56 total murders.
Switzerland has almost 8 million citizens.

Just thought that was interesting.

They also spend a lot more on education and don't really have the problem of ghettoized minorities.

In fact, they pretty much don't have minorities. Their requirements for citizenship and naturalization are ridiculous.

KantoSooner
12/28/2012, 04:07 PM
Big dif is that some cities have a far higher azzhole quotient. Chicago, for instance. Azzhole quotient off the freaking charts. Why? Think, people. Do they have college football? No, not really. Northwestern. Illinois. Indiana. Wisconsin has college football; and they aren't sharing. This is one major factor.
Second, they are in a northern place that has virtually no summer. This means they can't walk around with red solo cups full of indeterminate whisky and mixer. It has been shown by too many studies to list that this brings happiness. Also that cold weather makes people cranky. And that hot weather makes women wear fewer clothes and that makes men happy. Chicago tries to man up by having, and drinking, way more beer than here in the smiling southland. But then you have to pee, and doing that when it's really cold out makes you cranky. Again.
Third, they are on the wrong end of route 66. Just think if you woke up one morning and discovered that, instead of being in a 'california king' futon bed next to a wannabe actress just off the beach with a soft wind blowing through your window, you were huddled in some basement apartment, wrapped against a -35 degree 'chilly snap', beating on steam pipes with a wrench, wrapped in blankets next to your brother's friend. All because you made a mistake on which end of Route 66 you took. You'd be? Cranky.

And then sometimes these people get guns.

It's very scientific and easy to figure out why.

yermom
12/28/2012, 04:26 PM
They also spend a lot more on education and don't really have the problem of ghettoized minorities.

In fact, they pretty much don't have minorities. Their requirements for citizenship and naturalization are ridiculous.

i think SicEm is sobbing somewhere.

Big dif is that some cities have a far higher azzhole quotient. Chicago, for instance. Azzhole quotient off the freaking charts. Why? Think, people. Do they have college football? No, not really. Northwestern. Illinois. Indiana. Wisconsin has college football; and they aren't sharing. This is one major factor.
Second, they are in a northern place that has virtually no summer. This means they can't walk around with red solo cups full of indeterminate whisky and mixer. It has been shown by too many studies to list that this brings happiness. Also that cold weather makes people cranky. And that hot weather makes women wear fewer clothes and that makes men happy. Chicago tries to man up by having, and drinking, way more beer than here in the smiling southland. But then you have to pee, and doing that when it's really cold out makes you cranky. Again.
Third, they are on the wrong end of route 66. Just think if you woke up one morning and discovered that, instead of being in a 'california king' futon bed next to a wannabe actress just off the beach with a soft wind blowing through your window, you were huddled in some basement apartment, wrapped against a -35 degree 'chilly snap', beating on steam pipes with a wrench, wrapped in blankets next to your brother's friend. All because you made a mistake on which end of Route 66 you took. You'd be? Cranky.

And then sometimes these people get guns.

It's very scientific and easy to figure out why.

actually, i heard someone from OKCPD blaming at least part of the uptick on the mild winter and the fact that more people are out and interfacing with people than they would if it was cold.

imagine if Chicago wasn't as cold as it is!

(i'm not sure i can follow that logic)

KantoSooner
12/28/2012, 04:44 PM
(i'm not sure i can follow that logic)

That's because you weren't reading carefully. It makes perfect sense if you are drinking enough indeterminate whisky.

It's almost 4 p.m. on the day before the day before New Year's Eve. Get your Jolly on bygod!

olevetonahill
12/28/2012, 04:48 PM
That's because you weren't reading carefully. It makes perfect sense if you are drinking enough indeterminate whisky.

It's almost 4 p.m. on the day before the day before New Year's Eve. Get your Jolly on bygod!

Sounded perfectly logical to me:very_drunk:

StoopTroup
12/28/2012, 06:39 PM
So.....move to Atlanta?

Just trying to see if the OP found the moral of the Story.

nutinbutdust
12/28/2012, 06:44 PM
Here is something interesting about chi-town....

The fact of the matter is that criminals make up more than ⅔ of homicide victims. According to the Chicago PD’s 2011 Murder Analysis Report, 69.42% of homicide victims had at least one prior arrest. And in the decade preceding 2011, 87.89% of homicide offenders had at least one prior arrest. So if you avoid being a criminal and avoid hanging out with criminals you are much less likely to be murdered.The fact of the matter is that criminals make up more than ⅔ of homicide victims. Wonder how that works out for OKC or Atlanta?

StoopTroup
12/28/2012, 06:46 PM
So....always do a background check on people before hanging out with them?

olevetonahill
12/28/2012, 06:47 PM
Here is something interesting about chi-town....

The fact of the matter is that criminals make up more than ⅔ of homicide victims. According to the Chicago PD’s 2011 Murder Analysis Report, 69.42% of homicide victims had at least one prior arrest. And in the decade preceding 2011, 87.89% of homicide offenders had at least one prior arrest. So if you avoid being a criminal and avoid hanging out with criminals you are much less likely to be murdered.The fact of the matter is that criminals make up more than ⅔ of homicide victims. Wonder how that works out for OKC or Atlanta?

Heh. Then instead of sendin folk to the needle lets just send em to Chi Town .

StoopTroup
12/28/2012, 06:48 PM
Let's all move to Wister.

soonercruiser
12/28/2012, 11:28 PM

Big Dif.

Obama prolly spent at least a decade in Chi town, teaching trouble makers to make trouble.
So, they're makin' trouble with guns now.
What a suprise!
:uncomfortableness:

SanJoaquinSooner
12/29/2012, 09:55 AM
I read that New York has one of those Arizona-style laws. But instead of a shake-down for a green card, they shake you down for weapons.

Some complain about profiling for minorities and guys with full beards.

olevetonahill
12/29/2012, 12:26 PM
I read that New York has one of those Arizona-style laws. But instead of a shake-down for a green card, they shake you down for weapons.

Some complain about profiling for minorities and guys with full beards.

Them Bastages!

yermom
12/29/2012, 12:29 PM
Them Bastages!

:mad:

hell, in NYC they shake you down for a pocket knife clipped inside your pocket

i got stopped on the subway for this: http://blog-imgs-46.fc2.com/o/p/t/opticsdealer/e1b.jpg

i knew about the law, so my knife was already just in my pocket :rolleyes:

olevetonahill
12/29/2012, 12:31 PM

i got stopped on the subway for this: http://blog-imgs-46.fc2.com/o/p/t/opticsdealer/e1b.jpg

Why in Holy Hell would a sane person ever want to go to NYC?

nutinbutdust
12/29/2012, 12:44 PM

i got stopped on the subway for this:

Good thing you didnt have a Big Gulp soda too. They probably would have thrown away the key.