View Full Version : G.H.W. Bush...

rock on sooner
12/26/2012, 09:40 PM
in the ICU in Houston. Kinda like the ole boy, actually grew some
common sense in the WH...good in the CIA, too. Hope that the
docs stay on top of things....

olevetonahill
12/26/2012, 09:50 PM
He went in a week er so before Christmas with a bronchial infection er sompun. Hate to say it But I doubt he makes it . I too like the feller

My bad it was a Month before he was even in before Turkey day

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/george-h-w-bush-fighting-fever-icu-001305435--abc-news-topstories.html

okie52
12/26/2012, 09:55 PM
Mixed feelings about daddy bush but I think he is a good guy and I wish him well.

But he is getting pretty old so I won't be surprised if he doesn't make it.

lexsooner
12/26/2012, 10:01 PM
I certainly wish him well. I was on vacation in Kennbunkport last spring and I walked by the Bush compound and there was an aircraft carrier in the distance. It was the U.S.S. Bush, his namesake. It was around the time of his birthday and the ship came up from Norfolk and the Bush family flew onto the carrier for ceremonies and Bush swore in a number of re-enlistees. The sailors were then flown to the Bush compound for lunch. We could see these white uniformed people on the lawn sitting in chairs. Locals said he was not doing well and was in a wheelchair. When it comes to issues of personal health, I don't care about political views or affliations. I just hope he feels better.

SicEmBaylor
12/26/2012, 10:52 PM
I have issues with his politics, but I have a huge amount of respect and admiration for him as a human being. He's one of the classiest gentlemen in politics and an American statesman from a time when that title actually meant something.

LiveLaughLove
12/26/2012, 11:24 PM
I have issues with his politics, but I have a huge amount of respect and admiration for him as a human being. He's one of the classiest gentlemen in politics and an American statesman from a time when that title actually meant something.

Absolutely agree here. He made me cry when he started reading that letter to his child (believe it was a daughter) that had passed away.

He was a combat pilot also, great respect for that too.

Hated much of his politics though. He undid much of what Reagan did for no reason. Unforced errors.

StoopTroup
12/27/2012, 01:09 AM
I sent Flowers. Signed the card Ross Perot.

sappstuf
12/27/2012, 01:48 AM
Anyone who flew more than 50 combat missions against the Japanese, pretty much gets a free pass from me. He was also the youngest pilot in the Navy ever at the time of his commissioning at only 18 years old.

Get well Mr. President.

diverdog
12/27/2012, 03:33 AM
Mixed feelings about daddy bush but I think he is a good guy and I wish him well.

But he is getting pretty old so I won't be surprised if he doesn't make it.

I worked on his campaign when I was at OU when he
ran against Reagan in the primaries. Had a chance to meet him and shake his hand. Really a nice man. I hope he gets better but I don't think it will happen.

One thing we should all remember is no matter what we think of his politics this man served our nation honorably through out his entire life. He is a hero of mine and we sure could use more men like him.

okie52
12/27/2012, 06:56 AM
Anyone who flew more than 50 combat missions against the Japanese, pretty much gets a free pass from me. He was also the youngest pilot in the Navy ever at the time of his commissioning at only 18 years old.

Get well Mr. President.

Pretty amazing accomplishments...sometimes I forget that.

okie52
12/27/2012, 06:59 AM
I worked on his campaign when I was at OU when ran against Reagan in the primaries. Had a chance to meet him and shake his hand. Really a nice man. I hope he gets better but I don't think it will happen.

One thing we should all remember is no matter what we think of his politics this man served our national honorably through out his entire life. He is a hero of mine and we sure could use more men like him.

Yep, he's a true hero.

diverdog
12/27/2012, 07:22 AM
Yep, he's a true hero.

I should quit typing at 3 am. Lots of mistakes in my post.

Turd_Ferguson
12/27/2012, 08:38 AM
I certainly wish him well. I was on vacation in Kennbunkport last spring and I walked by the Bush compound and there was an aircraft carrier in the distance. It was the U.S.S. Bush, his namesake. It was around the time of his birthday and the ship came up from Norfolk and the Bush family flew onto the carrier for ceremonies and Bush swore in a number of re-enlistees. The sailors were then flown to the Bush compound for lunch. We could see these white uniformed people on the lawn sitting in chairs. Locals said he was not doing well and was in a wheelchair. When it comes to issues of personal health, I don't care about political views or affliations. I just hope he feels better.

What's the call sign for aircraft carrying a former POTUS?

olevetonahill
12/27/2012, 08:40 AM
What's the call sign for aircraft carrying a former POTUS?

Dunno, But if the Craft is flyin into L.A. do they call it Ex Lax

rock on sooner
12/27/2012, 08:57 AM
Dunno, But if the Craft is flyin into L.A. do they call it Ex Lax

Vet, how long did you ponder that before you typed it?:biggrin:

olevetonahill
12/27/2012, 09:01 AM
Vet, how long did you ponder that before you typed it?:biggrin:

I spent a dayum Solid 5 seconds on it

rock on sooner
12/27/2012, 09:18 AM
Heh...

Lott's Bandana
12/27/2012, 10:04 AM
He is a huge aTm fan. Selfishly, I'm hoping he makes it long past the bowl game. The last thing I want to see is the game turn into an aTm honorarium of 41.

I have always admired the man. Pretty impressive family, regardless of your political viewpoint.

olevetonahill
12/27/2012, 10:07 AM
He is a huge aTm fan. Selfishly, I'm hoping he makes it long past the bowl game. The last thing I want to see is the game turn into an aTm honorarium of 41.

I have always admired the man. Pretty impressive family, regardless of your political viewpoint.

Agree on All points Bro

Turd_Ferguson
12/27/2012, 10:11 AM
Agree on All points Bro

Agree with your agreement.

olevetonahill
12/27/2012, 10:17 AM

I agree that you agree with MY agreement

badger
12/27/2012, 10:19 AM
He's probably about to die, but he did a few things that I think people on both sides of the political aisle can respect:

1- He raised taxes after pledging "no new taxes," because he knew it was the right thing to do for the economy. It probably cost him a second term, but it led to budget surpluses a few years after he left.

2- Whenever a natural disaster hit anywhere in the world, he joined forces with Bill Clinton, his one-time opponent, to encourage people to give generously to assist the victims.

So, get well, H.W. And if you don't, rest in peace, your legacy is strong.

KantoSooner
12/27/2012, 10:30 AM
He is one of the best public servants of the 20th century. An outstanding ambassador to China (and the person most responsible for the peaceful re-integration of China into the world economy), virtually rebuilt the CIA after the various traitors in congress tried to destroy it, consummate V.P., author of the strategic outline of our foreign policy since 1985 and creator of the economy that Billy Clinton got to claim credit for.
Possible 'Top Ten' president, certainly top 20.
And a total guy: war hero, sky diving into his 70's, likes fast boats and old whisky.

What's not to like?

Midtowner
12/27/2012, 10:33 AM
He is one of the best public servants of the 20th century. An outstanding ambassador to China (and the person most responsible for the peaceful re-integration of China into the world economy), virtually rebuilt the CIA after the various traitors in congress tried to destroy it, consummate V.P., author of the strategic outline of our foreign policy since 1985 and creator of the economy that Billy Clinton got to claim credit for.
Possible 'Top Ten' president, certainly top 20.
And a total guy: war hero, sky diving into his 70's, likes fast boats and old whisky.

What's not to like?

Agreed.

It's always sad to see the passing of the old guard. Bush represented the sort of Republican Party I could be in favor of. Pragmatic to a fault. I never question whether his actions were for the benefit of the country as a whole and its future or for the benefit of his political benefactors.

Wishboned
12/27/2012, 11:53 AM
He was a good man as President. He was a great man serving his country.

Praying he pulls through, but if he doesn't then I hope he rests easy. He has earned it.

SCOUT
12/27/2012, 11:58 AM
He was a good man as President. He was a great man serving his country.

Praying he pulls through, but if he doesn't then I hope he rests easy. He has earned it.

I feel the exact same way.

East Coast Bias
12/27/2012, 06:12 PM
He came into a store I managed in 2005 and I had a chance to visit with him for a few minutes while Barbara shopped.He is very down to earth, a salt of the earth kind of person that seems like the guy next door.

soonercruiser
12/27/2012, 09:51 PM
"Read my lips, NO NEW DOCTORS"!

lexsooner
12/29/2012, 12:57 PM
Good news today: he is improving. Hang in there, Mr. President!

olevetonahill
12/29/2012, 01:00 PM
Good news today: he is improving. Hang in there, Mr. President!

Good news. get well Sir
Read somewhere that a spokesman told everyone to "Put their Harps away" :drunk:

Newbomb Turk
12/29/2012, 04:46 PM
Agree on All points Bro

I agree with both of you.

StoopTroup
12/31/2012, 09:36 PM
The Oakridge Boys sang to George over the phone today to help GHB's spirits. Very nice of them IMO. I hope he continues to improve.