PDA

View Full Version : advice I rec'd from an elderly man...

ouwasp
12/26/2012, 02:34 PM
Driving back from the Baylor game, we stopped in Shawnee to eat at the Crackerbarrel. Upon leaving, I told my son to hang on a second while I go to the restroom. He rolls his eyes and accuses me of being as bad as my wife about going to pee. I'm not that bad, but I did chuckle.

I was still amused by it when I stepped up to a urinal. And old gent stepped to the urinal beside me at the same time. I told him...."well, my teenage son just made fun of me for heading to the restroom again... but I have a couple hr drive ahead of me... he'll learn one of these days..." The old guy grunted agreement.

As we were washing our hands, he offered me this three-part bit of a advice:

"A wise man once told me this...when a man reaches 50, to not do three things...
'Never pass up a chance to take a whiz.
Never trust a fart.
Never waste an erection.' This advice has served me well over the yrs..." He glanced at me to see my response.

"Well, I'm pretty good at #1...and #3..." The old guy's eyes widened in alarm. "You trust a fart!?"

I just laughed and told him I wouldn't be 50 for another few months, but I'd keep it in mind. His eyes twinkled as he said "You'll learn one of these days..."

Pretty clever guy, using my own words against me.

I thought about his advice the other day when I went to a Crackerbarrel in Tulsa. The question is, does anybody else have some sage words for those of us approaching 50? :bri:

SanJoaquinSooner
12/26/2012, 02:39 PM
I think that came from Jack Nicholson's character in The Bucket List.

yermom
12/26/2012, 02:45 PM
i think it's older than that

SanJoaquinSooner
12/26/2012, 02:49 PM
As far as advice goes,

1. When you turn 50, you can contribute an extra $1000 to an IRA or Roth IRA.

So, $5500 for all eligible and $6500 for those over 50.

2. Check the mirror each day to remind yourself you aren't 30 anymore, before you get carried away with flirting with babes young enough to be your daughters. Fifty doesn't really feel differently than 30, so it's easy to forget you're not a young stud anymore.

3. Eat healthier than Crackerbarrel to avoid the Type II diabetes.

olevetonahill
12/26/2012, 02:51 PM
Make sure and Keep a gun close cause yer too friggin old to fight anymore.

SanJoaquinSooner
12/26/2012, 03:10 PM
Make sure and Keep a gun close cause yer too friggin old to fight anymore.

Do you sleep with a gun in your bed, vet?

SanJoaquinSooner
12/26/2012, 03:11 PM
i think it's older than that

Probably, even Shakespeare plagiarized the Greeks.

olevetonahill
12/26/2012, 03:28 PM
Do you sleep with a gun in your bed, vet?

Dont every one? Theres always one within reach of me, Even the Bathroom.

bonkuba
12/26/2012, 04:02 PM
Dont every one? Theres always one within reach of me, Even the Bathroom.

^^This......

SicEmBaylor
12/26/2012, 06:10 PM
The thing that makes you old is eating at Cracker Barrel not the frequency of urination.

olevetonahill
12/26/2012, 06:30 PM
NEVER,Under any circumstances,Take a sleeping pill, and a laxative on The same night!

rock on sooner
12/26/2012, 06:55 PM
NEVER,Under any circumstances,Take a sleeping pill, and a laxative on The same night!

Is there a hint of experience I detect?

KantoSooner
12/27/2012, 10:44 AM
Before the age of 50, you might wonder if the much younger woman you're making love to really loves you.
After the age of 50 you are simply grateful, and appreciate her acting ability regardless.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/27/2012, 11:19 PM
Watch out for your cornhole, bud.

StoopTroup
12/28/2012, 04:44 AM
I don't need to sleep with a gun.....the Lord blessed me with all the weapon I need. If I pee when I swim....it's like my own personal Jet Ski.

12/28/2012, 10:17 AM
Never speak to a stranger while standing at a urinal.

olevetonahill
12/28/2012, 10:18 AM
Never speak to a stranger while standing at a urinal.

I always offer to shake hands :applouse:

SoonerAtKU
12/28/2012, 12:35 PM
There's a guy at work who will without fail talk to you at the urinal. I actually had to say to him once, "Can we do this when I don't have my dork in my hand?"

8timechamps
12/28/2012, 05:00 PM
I've always thought there was an unwritten rule (between guys) that if there are 3 or more urinals, you always leave an empty in between yourself and another occupied urinal. It never fails though, I'll be at the airport (where there are literally 30 urinals), and someone comes in and stand right next to me. Why?!

olevetonahill
12/28/2012, 05:03 PM
I've always thought there was an unwritten rule (between guys) that if there are 3 or more urinals, you always leave an empty in between yourself and another occupied urinal. It never fails though, I'll be at the airport (where there are literally 30 urinals), and someone comes in and stand right next to me. Why?!

They just like to Show off.

I laugh my A off at those guys who go up to urinal Like a Leg humpin dog. are they skeered some one will see?

KantoSooner
12/28/2012, 05:36 PM

Do you take a 'wide stance' at the urinal?

...striving for a theory to he'p you.

ouwasp
12/29/2012, 10:14 AM

Yes, this is part of The Guy Code. But in this case at the Crackerbarrel I'm pretty sure there were 3 urinals, and the old guy took the middle one. And usually there is no speaking, kinda like an elevator...

Turd_Ferguson
12/29/2012, 11:10 AM
I don't mind somebody standing next to me, but I do find myself stretching it out just in case they're looking...