PDA

View Full Version : Would you want LSU in the Big 12?

badger
12/26/2012, 11:43 AM
No joke, this is being discussed... in the media. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/sportspost.aspx?Put_Out_the_Welcome_Mat_for_LSU/15-18289) No joke. (http://theadvocate.com/sports/4741258-32/five-reasons-lsu-should-leave)

So, today's "liven up this dead board" poll question is... want LSU in the Big 12? A simple "yes" or "no" vote will suffice, but I have learned that you can also submit a vote with neither clicked, so feel free to do that if you feel torn, heh.

Anonymous voting for three days.

Soonerjeepman
12/26/2012, 11:45 AM
Went to the Sugar Bowl..talk about inbred dumba$$...no way.

badger
12/26/2012, 11:45 AM
I voted "yes." Their fans can be batsh!t crazy, but since we no longer have the Aggies, wouldn't it be funny to have LSU be our crazy member fanbase?

If we can pull in Arky, we could have a battle for who is crazier, heh

PS: I also went to the Sugar Bowl and while we were chanted "Tigah Bait" at endlessly while in Nawlins, I can't say that we would have been overly welcoming if the national championship were in Oklahoma and they were visiting our state for the crystal football. Hell, even Nebraska probably would have dropped the niceties for a day or two in that situation.

PLaw
12/26/2012, 11:52 AM
No, because this way out hypothetical scenario will never happen.

That said, it would be cool if they brought Arky and eATMe with them.

Bummer

SoonerStormchaser
12/26/2012, 12:13 PM
Their fanbase and their coach can drop dead...so no!

Soonerfan88
12/26/2012, 12:15 PM
I (stupidly) lived with one of those people in that state and even attended a few games at that stadium so I resoundingly say NO!!!!

badger
12/26/2012, 12:43 PM
I must say that I am kind of surprised by the response... a major sports program at a state's flagship university --- big state, big TV market, big fanbase, bigtime everything... and you're looking past all that to hate on the drunken cajuns and their big hatted coach :les:

Are you telling me that you'd be mad if we got LSU in the Big 12?

achiro
12/26/2012, 12:46 PM
If LSU wanted to come I'd say heck yeah. Much better for the B12 than a Cincinnati. I don't think it would ever happen though.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/26/2012, 01:04 PM
If LSU wanted to come I'd say heck yeah. Much better for the B12 than a Cincinnati. I don't think it would ever happen though.When did an SEC SEC SEC team ever leave that conference? What would be attractive(to the tigahbaits) about those same tigahbaits leaving and coming to the Big 12? Why not get the domer to join the Big 12?(we could then leave and be the independent)

Midtowner
12/26/2012, 01:10 PM
When did an SEC SEC SEC team ever leave that conference? What would be attractive(to the tigahbaits) about those same tigahbaits leaving and coming to the Big 12? Why not get the domer to join the Big 12?(we could then leave and be the independent)

Perhaps they would be looking for a TV deal like Texas' where they make more money. They might also be counting on winning more championships.

olevetonahill
12/26/2012, 01:13 PM
Wheres the Hell ****in NO option?

badger
12/26/2012, 01:24 PM
Wheres the Hell ****in NO option?

like i said in the original post, i think you can submit a vote by leaving both circles blank. i have not personally tested this, but numbers sometimes don't line up with votes submitted and i think it's cuz people have done that.

When did an SEC SEC SEC team ever leave that conference? What would be attractive(to the tigahbaits) about those same tigahbaits leaving and coming to the Big 12? Why not get the domer to join the Big 12?(we could then leave and be the independent)

If you check the linked articles, LSU is not happy that while teams like Ole Miss only have to play Vanderbilt every year, or Bammer has to play Tennessee every year, LSU has to play Florida every year. They have also played second fiddle to Bammer ever since Nick Satan starting BCSing again, and LSU has not seen the same level of success that they did when Lester first came to LSU (although admittedly, it's hard to duplicate national titles every year... unless you're Nick Satan, heh).

Perhaps they would be looking for a TV deal like Texas' where they make more money. They might also be counting on winning more championships.

On top of that, if you look at it from the Big 12's perspective, they can either go after a Big East team with a so-so buyout, or an ACC program with a HUGE buyout (it's more than $50 million now if I'm not mistaken). OR, they can take an SEC team for free, since the SEC has no buyout clause for its teams.

The Big 12 has less mouths to feed than every other major conference (10 compared with 12-16), the Big 12 still has an auto bid to the postseason football fun, the Big 12 has a good reputation for football and basketball and is Tex-centric in recruiting, which LSU has been increasingly so ever since Lester came aboard.

Breadburner
12/26/2012, 01:27 PM
Gross no....!!! Their disgusting classless fans are reason enough not to want them.......!!!

ouflak
12/26/2012, 01:36 PM
I must say that I am kind of surprised by the response... a major sports program at a state's flagship university --- big state, big TV market, big fanbase, bigtime everything... and you're looking past all that to hate on the drunken cajuns and their big hatted coach :les:

If this poll had been on either TCU or WVU before they joined, the numbers would even be more resounding. As always, senseless rumors will be senseless rumors, and any real decisions will come down to money. But LSU is going nowhere, and I'm quite fine with that as my 'anonymous' vote implies.

yermom
12/26/2012, 01:38 PM
would make more sense than some team 1000 miles away

Midtowner
12/26/2012, 01:39 PM
WVU sort of made sense. TCU? What an unmitigated disaster. Does anyone actually think TCU delivered the DFW market more than Oklahoma and Texas already had? Houston would have made more sense, but stiill would have been a terrible idea.

yermom
12/26/2012, 01:48 PM
i think we needed bodies at that point, and TCU seems like they fit in fairly well

12/26/2012, 01:50 PM
Perhaps they would be looking for a TV deal like Texas' where they make more money. They might also be counting on winning more championships.Of course they would look at money, some way or other, as an enticement. i feel sure we(the Big12) wouldn't want to give them what they want. No doubt that tigahs would think they would have an easier schedule in the Big 12.

badger
12/26/2012, 01:51 PM
i think we needed bodies at that point, and TCU seems like they fit in fairly well

Beating Texas is a Big 12 rite of passage, so yes, TCU and WVU fit in quite well :mack:

Midtowner
12/26/2012, 02:10 PM
Beating Texas is a Big 12 rite of passage, so yes, TCU and WVU fit in quite well :mack:

Lately, it's been less a right of passage and more something which occurs with regularity. Despite our apparent inability to compete with national powers like ND and Bama on the field and on the recruiting stage, OU is the automatic front runner every year and Texas is just another contender, equal in dangerousness to OSU or Baylor.

yermom
12/26/2012, 02:13 PM
when you put it that way...

really though, the QBs that have come out of Texas lately that weren't at Texas has to be burning Texas fans alive inside

they really missed on everyone after Colt McCoy. were they all-in with Gilbert and little McCoy, or what?

badger
12/26/2012, 02:25 PM
when you put it that way...

really though, the QBs that have come out of Texas lately that weren't at Texas has to be burning Texas fans alive inside

they really missed on everyone after Colt McCoy. were they all-in with Gilbert and little McCoy, or what?

Hindsight is 30/20 if you're a Bevo fan, but yeah, misreading Gilbert Grape really set them back. What further set them back was looking at Case McCoy's last name.

Why are they missing out on QB recruits? I wonder if other schools give this (http://www.lakenlitman.com/LakenLitman.SherrodHarris.narrative.pdf) to any QB considering Texas.

yermom
12/26/2012, 02:43 PM
damn. it's hard to feel sorry for a wh0rn, but that makes me come close :D

Midtowner
12/26/2012, 02:46 PM
Hindsight is 30/20 if you're a Bevo fan, but yeah, misreading Gilbert Grape really set them back. What further set them back was looking at Case McCoy's last name.

Why are they missing out on QB recruits? I wonder if other schools give this (http://www.lakenlitman.com/LakenLitman.SherrodHarris.narrative.pdf) to any QB considering Texas.

I'm sure that goes on in lots of programs.

Lott's Bandana
12/26/2012, 02:48 PM
New choice in pole:

o Not only no, but **** no!

Bourbon St Sooner
12/26/2012, 03:12 PM
Funny, doesn't that bammer fan like to come around here and tell us how everyone is equal in the sec? Sounds like the geauxtiggers aren't feeling so equal.

As much as I dislike lsu, of course we should take them if they want to come. They ain't leaving the sec though.

badger
12/26/2012, 03:18 PM
Funny, doesn't that bammer fan like to come around here and tell us how everyone is equal in the sec? Sounds like the geauxtiggers aren't feeling so equal.

As much as I dislike lsu, of course we should take them if they want to come. They ain't leaving the sec though.

Satanball seems like a good guy so I don't mind him hanging out. We used to have more Bammers and Barners here in the early aughts, as we did a home-and-home with them in 2002/2003, then nearly met Barner in the nat'l title game in 2004 (technically 05)

12/26/2012, 04:58 PM
would make more sense than some team 1000 miles awayMe too. BRING IT! The Tigahs already get the entire state of LA, which is rich in talent, and some guys from TX. They wouldn't hurt our recruiting any worse than they already do.

I was more perturbed about TCU than I was WVU, anyway. TCU is right in the middle of our recruiting stronghold. I would have like Houston or Rice over TCU.

12/26/2012, 05:01 PM
WVU sort of made sense. TCU? What an unmitigated disaster. Does anyone actually think TCU delivered the DFW market more than Oklahoma and Texas already had? Houston would have made more sense, but stiill would have been a terrible idea.WHAT? You're making sense! congrats!

birddog
12/26/2012, 05:10 PM
All for it. Tcu and wvu along with Baylor, tech, and isu doesn't do a lot for me.

Sabanball
12/26/2012, 07:49 PM
Oh if it were only true--I'd love to see both the corndogs and the hogs go to the Big 12. But it's not going to happen. This is just crazy talk from a very well-known(and very unreliable when it comes to the truth) sportswriter down there. LSU is a charter member of our conference and there's simply too much money on the table down here for them to walk away from.

12/26/2012, 07:57 PM
LSU is a charter member of our conference and there's simply too much money on the table down here for them to walk away from.Tell us about all the money on the table that they (and other conference members?) rake in.

Moore
12/26/2012, 08:04 PM
Bring the bitches

Sabanball
12/26/2012, 08:29 PM
Tell us about all the money on the table that they (and other conference members?) rake in.

Last yr the SEC AVERAGE payout to each school was $19.5 million. Look for that to go up significantly-- With new TV and network contracts coming up, and with a bigger footprint now with the added TV markets in Missouri and Texas, the conference will have more leverage when negotiating these deals.

okiewaker
12/26/2012, 09:56 PM
Ok,,LSU to the B12 and Les to the Eagles. I'm ok with that scenario.

I Am Right
12/26/2012, 10:05 PM
NO! we had enough of the hat when he was in stoolwater

StoopTroup
12/27/2012, 12:55 AM
Anyone.....anywhere....anytime....

Piware
12/27/2012, 01:10 AM
Gross no....!!! Their disgusting classless fans are reason enough not to want them.......!!!

We have to listen to Lester the Molester bump his gums too much on ESPN as it is. The sight of his ugly mug makes me want to - dare I say it - PUKE!

Soonerjeepman
12/27/2012, 08:46 AM

wouldn't be MAD but I like the fact they are pretty good in sports...but seriously, their fans...old, young...were a-holes. I got more than "tiger bait" called. Beads thrown, beer thrown, even after the game the po-po advised a bunch of OU fans, about 15 of us, to NOT walk down a street...theys was havin a party down there...

so I guess as far as their sports, fine.

Soonerjeepman
12/27/2012, 08:48 AM
WHAT? You're making sense! congrats!

it's the football board Rush...lol

Soonerjeepman
12/27/2012, 08:51 AM
Last yr the SEC AVERAGE payout to each school was $19.5 million. Look for that to go up significantly-- With new TV and network contracts coming up, and with a bigger footprint now with the added TV markets in Missouri and Texas, the conference will have more leverage when negotiating these deals.

Well, we could say the same thing if they came here...our conf would have the neg power, but whatever happens. Obviously none of us can do jack about it.

sooneredaco
12/27/2012, 09:48 AM
First of all, I doubt it would ever happen. With that said, I don't want 'em! I'm a fan. I have no financial interest in this conference. I can't stand those inbreds

PrideMom
12/27/2012, 10:02 AM
LSU has to be one of the most classless programs. The fans are rude and crude, and who needs more purple?

Spray
12/28/2012, 11:18 AM
I think it would be a nice addition if LSU and Arkansas were added to the conference.

badger
12/28/2012, 11:30 AM
LSU takes over the poll finally. Holiday must be over :)