PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma

lexsooner
12/25/2012, 11:44 PM
Well, it's actually not a dilemma in the sense of having equally negative choices, so maybe it is not a dilemma, but rather a situation involving some hard choices. Accordingly, I am in need of SF expertise and advice.

I am meeting a couple of OU friends at McNellie's in Midtown later this week. This pub has a choice of many beers, including some Belgium Trappist monk beers. I will have the choice of the Chimay Triple on tap, Chimay Cinq Cents in a bottle, Chimay Red Ale, Chimay Blue Ale, Chimay Grand Reserve bottled, and bottled Orval Trappiste Ale. I am overwhelmed with choices. I have never had Belgium Trappist beers, so Lex need help. Lex knows bourbon, but not beer, so any advice would be much appreciated.

olevetonahill
12/25/2012, 11:56 PM
Just have a Natty and dont worry about that other shat.

yermom
12/26/2012, 12:58 AM
it's beer. get one of each :D

don't they have sampler/flight things at McNellies?

rock on sooner
12/26/2012, 09:00 AM
it's beer. get one of each :D

don't they have sampler/flight things at McNellies?

My advice as well, just get there really early and have one of each
so you can be a good host and advise from experience!

lexsooner
12/26/2012, 11:29 AM
Yes they do have flights. Maybe not the exact combos I am considering, but a darn good idea nevertheless. I figured some beer experts out there could comment on their favorite Trappist beers. This waiter at another place described a beer as having a Belgiumy taste. I'm sure beer drinkers know what he meant, but I was cluelesss.

Boomer.....
12/26/2012, 11:33 AM
That's be an expensive flight!

I've only had the blue and its good, but carbonated and bubbly. Not like your typical beer.

Midtowner
12/26/2012, 11:34 AM
You ought to try some of the local beers. Coop makes extremely tasty beverages and I believe McNellie's has many Coop products on tap. Careful with the DNR, it's >10% alcohol content.