PDA

View Full Version : Ringling senior Jackson Dillon

Dan Thompson
12/25/2012, 10:55 PM
Are we interested in the 6' 7" TE?

Widescreen
12/26/2012, 08:17 AM
We're not interested in TE's - even the ones we already have.

bonkuba
12/26/2012, 03:58 PM
I believe I saw him play when the State Champ game was on TV......he looked like a man among boys out there. Kinda gave me the feel of Jermaine......I am from Ardmore and got to watch him a lot and it always looked like he could catch anything thrown his way.....especially since the other kiddos were about a foot shorter than him.:courage:

badger
12/26/2012, 04:24 PM
We're not interested in TE's - even the ones we already have.

Can he play offensive line? Like, immediately? Like, in the Cotton Bowl versus Aggie?

If so he's overqualified and should look elsewhere :mad:

rock on sooner
12/26/2012, 04:26 PM
When I was a lot younger, I always would find it so hard to understand
why ANYONE wouldn't want to go to OU to play football. I couldn't figure
why any Oklahoma kid would ever go anywhere but OU, so if this young'un
is any good and has any sense he'll make a highlight film and hand deliver
it to Stoops and stand and wait while he watches the film and then say "yes"
when Stoops offers.

badger
12/26/2012, 04:29 PM
so if this young'un
is any good and has any sense he'll make a highlight film on his AT&T cell phone and have the video go viral due to some random guy yelling "HELLO" in the background. wait while Stoops walks up to him after a game and then say "yes"
when someone else's voice comes out of Stoops' mouth as he utters "HELLO."

:P

8timechamps
12/26/2012, 05:32 PM
Dillon has been a Memphis commit for quiet a while.

I don't think OU was ever interested. The Sooners have offered 11 total TEs, and none have committed. Maybe they should have looked at this kid a little closer (which, I'm sure they did).

FWIW, He's rated a 2 star OLB by Scouts, Inc./ESPNU. That's right, he's being recruited as an outside linebacker. I don't think he's going to play offense at the next level.

I Am Right
12/26/2012, 06:49 PM
Does Josh recruit TE, I thought he only recruited Wideouts, no linemen need apply!

Moore
12/26/2012, 08:01 PM
We need him

8timechamps
12/26/2012, 08:28 PM
We need him

For what? He's not going to play TE in college, and we're in really good shape at DE.

tulsaoilerfan
12/26/2012, 08:30 PM
Richard Dillons son?

tycat947
12/26/2012, 11:04 PM
Richard Dillons son?

Yes, he is.

MrJimBeam
12/27/2012, 05:51 AM
He's a great Class A football player. Probably a little slow to play at OU though. Wish Tulsa had got him.

picasso
12/27/2012, 06:16 PM
Richard Dillon was a stud. Seems like he was injured but I've heard stories of him knocking heads in practice.

MrJimBeam
12/28/2012, 08:17 AM
Richard Dillon was a stud. Seems like he was injured but I've heard stories of him knocking heads in practice.

He was about half crazy. Played like too. If I remember correctly he got cut in a knife fight while back home in Ringling his Freshman or Sophomore summer. Something like that. We need more knife fight guys on our team nowadays.

Midtowner
12/28/2012, 09:09 AM
Ringling's a crazy place. My wife went to Marietta HS. Following a Ringling home loss, she recalls having to basically flee the area because there were shots fired, IIRC, at one of the Marietta buses.

rock on sooner
12/28/2012, 09:17 AM
I went to Healdton HS and we played Ringling every year. They
weren't any good my senior year but they "talked" a lot of crap
during the game. We whupped em good.

8timechamps
1/3/2013, 06:58 PM
OU has unfortunately lost out of every TE they have offered...Guess what? TE Coach Kittle has been in contact with Jackson Dillon. Although there has been no offer, it's now possible that Dillon could become a Sooner target. The Sooners' fallback play (Jason Reese), committed to Missouri, so it's possible that Dillon could get an offer.

Dillon says he's still a Memphis commit, but I'm thinking an offer from OU could/would change that.

cleller
1/3/2013, 07:08 PM
Dillon says he's still a Memphis commit, but I'm thinking an offer from OU could/would change that.

You'd think. But maybe this kid is just dead set on actually having passes thrown at him on a regular basis.

Mjcpr
1/3/2013, 07:11 PM
So what is Kittle good at? Honest question.

8timechamps
1/3/2013, 07:15 PM

I hate knocking coaches, but I have the same question. I would really like to know what the players think of him, or what it is he actually does.

8timechamps
1/3/2013, 07:15 PM
You'd think. But maybe this kid is just dead set on actually having passes thrown at him on a regular basis.

Possibly, but I'm almost certain Memphis recruited him at OLB.

Widescreen
1/3/2013, 08:03 PM

Recruiting. Duh.

Killerbees
1/4/2013, 02:04 PM
I went to Healdton HS and we played Ringling every year. They
weren't any good my senior year but they "talked" a lot of crap
during the game. We whupped em good.

I can't recall but 1 time that healdton beat Ringling in like the last 30 yrs. Sometime around 03 or 04.

Possibly, but I'm almost certain Memphis recruited him at OLB.

He isnt athletic enough to play at OU. He could be turned into something with his size but he isnt going to be making a huge impact from the start. I think they overhyped him more than a little.

8timechamps
1/4/2013, 04:38 PM
I can't recall but 1 time that healdton beat Ringling in like the last 30 yrs. Sometime around 03 or 04.

He isnt athletic enough to play at OU. He could be turned into something with his size but he isnt going to be making a huge impact from the start. I think they overhyped him more than a little.

It really feels like Kittle is grasping at straws for TEs now. Maybe this kid ends up at OU and becomes legendary, but that's not what is projected. I'm still not sure if he's going to get an offer.

Killerbees
1/4/2013, 05:24 PM
It really feels like Kittle is grasping at straws for TEs now. Maybe this kid ends up at OU and becomes legendary, but that's not what is projected. I'm still not sure if he's going to get an offer.

Don't get me wrong, of course I hope the best for him and it is entirely possible he will down the road make a great player for someone. There was just too much hype around him. He is a big guy and playing class A made him look more than he really was. He has pretty good hands but thats it. He is slow and not very athletic. Ringling using him as a running back was simply a way to use his size advantage. He appears to be out of shape too, so maybe a good program will turn him into a good pickup.