PDA

View Full Version : Stacy McGee DUI arrest. DAMMIT!

badger
12/24/2012, 04:23 PM
Neg me or ban me for the thread title, I find it highly appropriate :mad:

Link (http://newsok.com/oklahoma-football-stacy-mcgee-arrested-for-dui-cotton-bowl-status-unclear/article/3740446)

badger
12/24/2012, 04:40 PM
Oh goodie, he was smiling when he got arrested (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20121224_92_0_NORMAN30076) :mad:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/24/2012, 04:44 PM
any announcements about it yet from OU or B. Stoops?

olevetonahill
12/24/2012, 04:46 PM
Least he had enough sense not to do the Breath test.
We Prolly have seen the last of him tho after his 1st of the year deal

SicEmBaylor
12/24/2012, 04:47 PM
Well, he's from Muskogee so is anyone really shocked?
I'd call that more of a smirk than a smile.

badger
12/24/2012, 04:51 PM
any announcements about it yet from OU or B. Stoops?

In a statement, Sooners head coach Bob Stoops indicated that he is aware of the situation and will address the matter after all pertinent information is available.

before any aggies question bob if he's not suspended for the cotton bowl, remember that your own kevin sumlin held off on two suspensions before your florida game for a sh!tty reason. (http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/colleges/tamu/post/_/id/1055/sumlin-on-florida-suspensions-arkansas-and-qbs)

stoops the eternal pimp
12/24/2012, 04:54 PM
Oh no, Stacy Mcgee is unreliable..complete shock :whatever:

budbarrybob
12/24/2012, 04:56 PM
we're DOOMED!!!!

olevetonahill
12/24/2012, 05:00 PM
Oh no, Stacy Mcgee is unreliable..complete shock :whatever:

Color me with disbelief

Widescreen
12/24/2012, 05:06 PM
http://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1452608

(This isn't a pay article)

He's suspended. So many college athletes are dumbasses. Seriously.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/24/2012, 05:13 PM
I thought that article was just talking about his previous suspension

yermom
12/24/2012, 05:17 PM
is it that hard to get a ride or call a cab?

idiot.

badger
12/24/2012, 05:27 PM
I thought that article was just talking about his previous suspension
yeah, i thought so at first too, but then... crap :mad:

BoulderSooner79
12/24/2012, 05:33 PM
I'll go out on a limb and predict he will never take the field for OU again.

cleller
12/24/2012, 05:56 PM
Unbelievable to pull a stunt like this just before an exceptionally tough and important bowl game. The kind of thing that will even **** off his teammates, which is another thing we don't need.

I bet Bob is in the process of building his custom doghouse right now. Large, round, with no doors.

BoulderSooner79
12/24/2012, 06:08 PM
Unbelievable to pull a stunt like this just before an exceptionally tough and important bowl game. The kind of thing that will even **** off his teammates, which is another thing we don't need.

Considering that he missed the first half of the year due to other cr*p, it's all too believable. sigh.

8timechamps
12/24/2012, 06:41 PM
I can't wait until arrest season is over.

I Am Right
12/24/2012, 10:05 PM
Good Reddens

JLEW1818
12/24/2012, 10:11 PM
Bum. Kick him off campus for good.

Yes, players should be held to a higher standard.

EatLeadCommie
12/24/2012, 10:21 PM
Guess our DL will suck more than usual then. Great.

soonercastor
12/24/2012, 10:56 PM
Another arrest? jeez

zeke
12/24/2012, 11:10 PM
Selfish

I hope he is kicked off of the team.

sooneredaco
12/24/2012, 11:28 PM
Bad judgement, bad mistake. Lay off the kid. I'd bet there are a bunch of hypocrites on here bashing on him. Just sayin. Lets hope he learns and grows from this. Life goes on

8timechamps
12/24/2012, 11:34 PM
Bad judgement, bad mistake. Lay off the kid. I'd bet there are a bunch of hypocrites on here bashing on him. Just sayin. Lets hope he learns and grows from this. Life goes on

Unless it's a violent crime, I tend to give the kids the benefit of the doubt. Besides, I'm just a fan, I'm not the kids father or coach. If that were the case, he'd have hell to pay...which I'm sure he will.

SoonerStormchaser
12/24/2012, 11:53 PM
So where are we on the Fulmer Cup standings now? This month should put us in the top 10.

colleyvillesooner
12/25/2012, 01:11 AM
As uncle Si would say "He gone!"

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/25/2012, 01:32 AM
Selfish

I hope he is kicked off of the team.Doesn't need to be. A one game suspension ends his career at OU, anyway.

Seamus
12/25/2012, 01:32 AM
I bet Bob is in the process of building his custom doghouse right now. Large, round, with no doors.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-oI4MnhOlaBs/UI1aLZ1ps0I/AAAAAAAAfmo/cn9vID5YZuc/s1600/gulag1.jpg

Ooooh, I'm gulag bound
I done a crime one too many times

-- Soviet Distortion

VA Sooner
12/25/2012, 08:07 AM
This certainly makes it more challenging for the bowl game....

May only win by 6 now.

tulsaoilerfan
12/25/2012, 09:37 AM
Why refuse the breathalyzer? automatic dui there

tulsaoilerfan
12/25/2012, 09:44 AM
The Norman police must follow every damn player on the team, just waiting for them to screw up

Turd_Ferguson
12/25/2012, 09:44 AM
Why refuse the breathalyzer? automatic dui thereI thought it was automatic license suspension??

tulsaoilerfan
12/25/2012, 09:45 AM
I thought it was automatic license suspension??

That may be it; for some reason i thought it was an automatic DUI

olevetonahill
12/25/2012, 09:46 AM
Why refuse the breathalyzer? automatic dui there

His License is already suspended Even if it wasnt, If yer drunk the BA will just confirm it and convict you

You have the Right to remain silent that means Keep yer mouth shut and dont give em anything even yer breath

If you refuse you gonna lose yer license , if ya blow over 5 I think ya gonna lose yer license . Why give em evidence to convict you?
.05 I think is Impaired .08 is DUI.

olevetonahill
12/25/2012, 09:47 AM
That may be it; for some reason i thought it was an automatic DUI

Nope, Ya gotta be convicted in court for that, and Most DAs will plea it down to avoid a trial .

tulsaoilerfan
12/25/2012, 09:48 AM
[QUOTE=olevetonahill;3566990]His License is already suspended Even if it wasnt, If yer drunk the BA will just confirm it and convict you

You have the Right to remain silent that means Keep yer mouth shut and dont give em anything even yer breath

If you refuse you gonna lose yer license , if ya blow over 5 I think ya gonna lose yer license . Why give em evidence to convict you?
.05 I think is Impaired .08 is DUI.[/QUOTE ]

Yeah i was wrong; sorry about that; for some reason i thought it was an automatic DUI; i wonder why he was pulled over in the first place? I think the Norman PD likes to target OU athletes

tulsaoilerfan
12/25/2012, 09:49 AM
Nope, Ya gotta be convicted in court for that, and Most DAs will plea it down to avoid a trial .

Thanks Vet

Turd_Ferguson
12/25/2012, 09:53 AM
His License is already suspended Even if it wasnt, If yer drunk the BA will just confirm it and convict you

.05 I think is Impaired .08 is DUI.

Guess we're kinda get'n off topic, but isn't there some states that can forcibly do a blood draw if you refuse to blow?

olevetonahill
12/25/2012, 09:54 AM
Yeah i was wrong; sorry about that; for some reason i thought it was an automatic DUI; i wonder why he was pulled over in the first place? I think the Norman PD likes to target OU athletes

At 1:30 am If a cop sees ya hes gonna automaticly pull in behind you and see if he can find a reason to pull ya over to check ya out. And believe me Most folk cant got moren 2 blocks er so with a cop behind with out doing something.

Turd_Ferguson
12/25/2012, 09:55 AM
Yeah i was wrong; sorry about that; for some reason i thought it was an automatic DUI; i wonder why he was pulled over in the first place? I think the Norman PD likes to target college students

Fixed.

olevetonahill
12/25/2012, 09:56 AM
Guess we're kinda get'n off topic, but isn't there some states that can forcibly do a blood draw if you refuse to blow?

Im not sure on that, Ive heard sompun like that but again not sure .

Wheres Matlock when we want him?

Never Mind Matlock,

Refusing to Take the Test

After you are arrested, the officer should tell you that you will lose your license if you refuse to take a test. Once you do refuse, the officer cannot make you take one unless you were involved in an accident where someone was seriously injured or killed. Also, if you were killed or become unconscious due to an accident, then the officer does not need to ask you before ordering a test. .

For your first refusal, your license will be suspended for six months unless you also have a previous DUI or APC conviction. If you do, then it will count as if this were your second refusal, which is punished by a one-year suspension. For your third refusal (or for any combination of refusals and prior convictions that amounts to three or more), the penalty is a three-year suspension.

The consequences of refusal are found in the Oklahoma Statutes Annotated 47-6-205.1.

Turd_Ferguson
12/25/2012, 09:57 AM

He over in the political forum rewriting the constitution...

tulsaoilerfan
12/25/2012, 09:59 AM
The Norman PD sucks

tulsaoilerfan
12/25/2012, 10:00 AM
It would be interesting to hear why he was pulled over in the first place; was he swerving? Did they check the plates and find out he had a suspended license? Was it profiling? Not excusing what he did by any means though

tulsaoilerfan
12/25/2012, 10:01 AM
Norman PD probably has some sort of pool going to see who can bust the most football players in the off season

tulsaoilerfan
12/25/2012, 10:03 AM
Post 8800!!

olevetonahill
He over in the political forum rewriting the constitution...

And convictin Folk fer Murder in their Homes and business's :drunk:

olevetonahill
Post 8800!!

Heh

Turd_Ferguson
12/25/2012, 10:05 AM
The Norman PD sucksI partially agree with ya, however I'm sure they have to put up with a lot of **** from students.

olevetonahill
12/25/2012, 10:11 AM
I partially agree with ya, however I'm sure they have to put up with a lot of **** from students.

Heh Agreed, If those Kids wouldnt tote around the ganja , or drive around drunk, I bet the PD wouldnt mess with em as much. ****in cops .:drunk:

tulsaoilerfan
12/25/2012, 10:23 AM
Heh Agreed, If those Kids wouldnt tote around the ganja , or drive around drunk, I bet the PD wouldnt mess with em as much. ****in cops .:drunk:

Just leave the football players alone!! ;)

freshchris05
12/25/2012, 10:27 AM
Norman PD is ridiculous. Norman isn't really too rowdy of a campus considering. The cops all just have hard ons.

olevetonahill
12/25/2012, 10:42 AM

Norman PD is ridiculous. Norman isn't really too rowdy of a campus considering. The cops all just have hard ons.

Yea they should totally leave the Players alone. Let em drive around drunk and Holding dope. Then we can be Called the 'Miami' of the Plains

Ill pass if you dont mind.

MyT Oklahoma
12/25/2012, 10:49 AM
How many of you have known some innocent person who was killed or seriously injured by a drunk/high driver?

That's why we have DUI laws and I have no sympathy for anyone who does, OU athlete or not.

bluedogok
12/25/2012, 10:53 AM
http://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1452608

(This isn't a pay article)

He's suspended. So many college students are dumbasses. Seriously.
FTFY, I know that I was when I was at OU and beer was still 18.

In Austin they have "No Refusal Weekends" where if you refuse a breathalyzer they take you to the BAT Trailer where they have a judge waiting to issue a warrant to draw your blood for a Blood Alcohol Test. It is usually setup on Sixth Street and targeting the Downtown Austin entertainment districts.

freshchris05
12/25/2012, 12:34 PM
If you drive wasted you should be arrested. I'm just stating facts; Norman is not that rowdy of a campus, Norman PD is the suck.

yermom
12/25/2012, 01:04 PM
How many of you have known some innocent person who was killed or seriously injured by a drunk/high driver?

That's why we have DUI laws and I have no sympathy for anyone who does, OU athlete or not.

this.

on the other hand "Actual Physical Control" is a load of ****.

Soonerwake
12/25/2012, 01:06 PM
Vet is right, a forced blood test is only applicable in the case of injuries/death.

And, from my past experience on the PD side, Norman PD has a no tolerance for athletes/coaches/former athletes. I could tell u some stories about Jamelle, Howard and Beverly, Billy, etc...

But, I have to say that if McGee was driving drunk, he got what he deserved. What's wrong with these guys?? They have the world by the tail, and they can't call someone to drive them home?? Ridiculous.....

Widescreen
12/25/2012, 01:49 PM
Why is it that when an OU player gets in trouble with the cops, so many people rush to the player's defense? If he was drunk, HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN PULLED OVER TO PROTECT OTHER PEOPLE. I'm cool with 2nd chances but he already used that up earlier this season with his suspension. If he's guilty, he's a complete dumbass. Buh-bye.

olevetonahill
12/25/2012, 02:00 PM
Why is it that when an OU player gets in trouble with the cops, so many people rush to the player's defense? If he was drunk, HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN PULLED OVER TO PROTECT OTHER PEOPLE. I'm cool with 2nd chances but he already used that up earlier this season with his suspension. If he's guilty, he's a complete dumbass. Buh-bye.

Kinda My thots bro

If this was a 1st time **** up. I'd be more forgiving, But seems like he needs to learn the hardway. Lord knows I had to.
Still wish him the best in life but I got a feeling hes gonna need to be slapped upside the head a few more times .

texas bandman
12/25/2012, 02:04 PM
The Norman PD sucked during my years in Norman in the late 70s, probably hasn't changed.

tulsaoilerfan
12/25/2012, 02:42 PM

Yea they should totally leave the Players alone. Let em drive around drunk and Holding dope. Then we can be Called the 'Miami' of the Plains

Ill pass if you dont mind. it was a joke hence the winkie smile

olevetonahill
12/25/2012, 03:06 PM
it was a joke hence the winkie smile

:glee:

StoopTroup
12/25/2012, 03:12 PM
Post 8800!!

Congrats on 8802

oudivesherpa
12/25/2012, 03:15 PM
It's been along time since I was a student at OU, but back in the day, the Norman PD would pull a student over for almost no reason whatsoever. Also peeing in the bushes at the Mont was a big revenue generator for the City of Norman. I have a secret feeling that the Norman PD hates students. I seldom see any press on anything happening with OSU students, I find it hard to believe that there is any difference between the behaviors of the two student populations, only the Norman PD is much diligent in pulling over students for any offense real or imaginary.

It's time to make the campus and the area immediately adjacent to the University a separate city, i.e.-University City with it's own police force.

StoopTroup
12/25/2012, 03:16 PM
Im not sure on that, Ive heard sompun like that but again not sure .

Never Mind Matlock,

Refusing to Take the Test

After you are arrested, the officer should tell you that you will lose your license if you refuse to take a test. Once you do refuse, the officer cannot make you take one unless you were involved in an accident where someone was seriously injured or killed. Also, if you were killed or unconscious due to an accident, then the officer does not need to ask you before ordering a test. .

For your first refusal, your license will be suspended for six months unless you also have a previous DUI or APC conviction. If you do, then it will count as if this were your second refusal, which is punished by a one-year suspension. For your third refusal (or for any combination of refusals and prior convictions that amounts to three or more), the penalty is a three-year suspension.

The consequences of refusal are found in the Oklahoma Statutes Annotated 47-6-205.1.

Thanks Barney.

tulsaoilerfan
12/25/2012, 03:24 PM
It's been along time since I was a student at OU, but back in the day, the Norman PD would pull a student over for almost no reason whatsoever. Also peeing in the bushes at the Mont was a big revenue generator for the City of Norman. I have a secret feeling that the Norman PD hates students. I seldom see any press on anything happening with OSU students, I find it hard to believe that there is any difference between the behaviors of the two student populations, only the Norman PD is much diligent in pulling over students for any offense real or imaginary. I think cops anywhere look for the slightest mistake to pull someone over at 130 am

oudivesherpa
12/25/2012, 03:25 PM
It's been along time since I was a student at OU, but back in the day, the Norman PD would pull a student over for almost no reason whatsoever. Also peeing in the bushes at the Mont was a big revenue generator for the City of Norman. I have a secret feeling that the Norman PD hates students. I seldom see any press on anything happening with OSU students, I find it hard to believe that there is any difference between the behaviors of the two student populations, only the Norman PD is much diligent in pulling over students for any offense real or imaginary.

olevetonahill
12/25/2012, 03:28 PM
I think cops anywhere look for the slightest mistake to pull someone over at 130 am

Pretty much, Ya watch em anyway to see if they obviously drunk er sompun

I stopped a guy one night for easing thru a Stop sign. Just wanted to make contact and be sure he wasnt durnk. was just gonna scold him and send him on his way. He had been moving that day and this was his last load. Only Prob was it was all 16 of his Pot plants in the Back seat the floor board .
I just looked at him and he put his hands behind his back
The Dumass

StoopTroup
12/25/2012, 03:34 PM
I think cops anywhere look for the slightest mistake to pull someone over at 130 am

If you are out driving around after midnight and you drive badly or have anything wrong with your vehicle...you better be smelling like you just finished your shift down at the ER or on your way to the Hospital with someone ill and even then...if your hammered...you will be very lucky to get a pass for driving impaired.

Don't drive drunk folks.

StoopTroup
12/25/2012, 03:37 PM

I stopped a guy one night for easing thru a Stop sign. Just wanted to make contact and be sure he wasnt durnk. was just gonna scold him and send him on his way. He had been moving that day and this was his last load. Only Prob was it was all 16 of his Pot plants in the Back seat the floor board .
The Dumass

How long did it take till you harvested them?

Scott D
12/25/2012, 04:04 PM

That's because Stillwater PD is too busy not investigating rape claims.

yermom
12/25/2012, 04:13 PM
That's because Stillwater PD is too busy not investigating rape claims.

they wouldn't want to violate anyone's privacy...

CarolinaSoonerFan
12/25/2012, 09:13 PM
A breathalyzer ad just popped up while reading this thread

hawaii 5-0
12/26/2012, 09:06 AM
So how often do OU athletes walk just because they play for OU?

I imagine it's more often than we think.

5-0

fadada1
12/26/2012, 09:40 AM

The Dumass

I was holding it for a friend.

PrideMom
12/26/2012, 09:59 AM
You CAN'T fix STUPID!!

70sooner
12/27/2012, 07:48 AM
FTFY, I know that I was when I was at OU and beer was still 18.

when I was at OU, there was the ice locker just across the street to the west of towers that one could walk over to an purchase a cold beer, virtually no question asked......

Monster Zero
12/27/2012, 06:29 PM

The Dumass

"My client had merely FOUND these drugs, and was on his way to turn them in at the police station at the time of his arrest."

Scott D
12/28/2012, 02:52 PM
way too much time between the end of season and the bowls.

tulsaoilerfan
12/28/2012, 06:54 PM
College aged kids are going to do stupid **** from time to time; hell any of us that went to college i'm sure did many things that could have gotten us arrested if we had been caught; you would think that being on any kind of athletic scholarship would stop the stupidity but it never will