PDA

View Full Version : 75 Economic Numbers From 2012 That Are Too Crazy To Believe

LiveLaughLove
12/23/2012, 12:32 AM
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-12-21/75-economic-numbers-2012-are-almost-too-crazy-believe

#1 In December 2008, 31.6 million Americans were on food stamps. Today, a new all-time record of 47.7 million Americans are on food stamps. That number has increased by more than 50 percent over the past four years, and yet the mainstream media still has the gall to insist that “things are getting better”.

#3 According to one calculation, the number of Americans on food stamps now exceeds the combined populations of “Alaska, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming.”

#26 According to the U.S. Census Bureau, an all-time record 49 percent of all Americans live in a home where at least one person receives financial assistance from the federal government. Back in 1983, that number was less than 30 percent.

#27 Right now, more than 100 million Americans are enrolled in at least one welfare program run by the federal government. And that does not even count Social Security or Medicare. Overall, there are almost 80 different “means-tested welfare programs” that the federal government is currently running.

#39 One survey of business executives has ranked California as the worst state in America to do business for 8 years in a row.

#40 In the city of Detroit today, more than 50 percent of all children are living in poverty, and close to 50 percent of all adults are functionally illiterate.

#48 The U.S. tax code is now more than 3.8 million words long. If you took all of William Shakespeare’s works and collected them together, the entire collection would only be about 900,000 words long.

#57 Today, the wealthiest 1 percent of all Americans own more wealth than the bottom 95 percent combined.

#59 The six heirs of Wal-Mart founder Sam Walton have a net worth that is roughly equal to the bottom 30 percentof all Americans combined.

#63 If you can believe it, there are 77,000 federal workers that make more than the governors of their own states do.

#65 U.S. taxpayers spend more than 20 times as much on the Obamas as British taxpayers spend on the royal family.

#72 Thanks to our foolish politicians (including Obama), Medicare is facing unfunded liabilities of more than 38 trillion dollars over the next 75 years. That comes to approximately $328,404 for each and every household in the United States.

#74 During the first four years of the Obama administration, the U.S. government accumulated about as much debt as it did from the time that George Washington took office to the time that George W. Bush took office.

soonercruiser
12/23/2012, 12:40 AM
And, it will only get worst in the next 3-4 years!
If I were a businessman, I would hybernare for a while.
I hybernated on Medicare patients 4 years ago this coming summer.

SanJoaquinSooner
12/23/2012, 01:04 AM
#39 One survey of business executives has ranked California as the worst state in America to do business for 8 years in a row.

I suggest they take a year off every 7 years.

diverdog
12/23/2012, 05:55 AM
And, it will only get worst in the next 3-4 years!
If I were a businessman, I would hybernare for a while.
I hybernated on Medicare patients 4 years ago this coming summer.

Are you drinking again? I have no idea what you are talking about.

cleller
12/23/2012, 07:58 AM
So in January, when Obama officially begins his second term, will some of this be his fault? That is in keeping the MMLOB. (Modern Media Law of Blame) which states that at their discretion some or all of the country's problems can be attributed to the previous administration.

Or is there a double-secret exclusion that all blame can be waived until a Repub takes office?

That brings up another issue, though. Is there another photogenic and inexperienced wunkerkind out there somewhere they will anoint as the next media messiah, then dump Obama? Maybe some city councilman in Berkeley or community organizer in Baltimore.

BigTip
12/23/2012, 12:35 PM
My wife is getting tired of my doom and gloom predictions.

I keep trying to tell her there is no "maybe" to my predictions. The only unknown is "when."

LiveLaughLove
12/23/2012, 01:32 PM
My wife is getting tired of my doom and gloom predictions.

I keep trying to tell her there is no "maybe" to my predictions. The only unknown is "when."

You're exactly right. Tell her I said so. ;)

soonercruiser
12/23/2012, 02:34 PM
Are you drinking again? I have no idea what you are talking about.

No suprise in that!

diverdog
12/23/2012, 02:49 PM
No suprise in that!

Did you even read what you wrote?

soonercruiser
12/23/2012, 10:47 PM
Wow, was I writing in my sleep again?