PDA

View Full Version : Is Johnny Football gonna be in trouble w/NCAA over this?

cleller
12/21/2012, 04:51 PM
Somehow he's had a couple of courtside seat appearances at NBA games lately. Didn't see this posted yet:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/johnny-manziel-sits-courtside-mavs-game-while-tnt-133721527--ncaaf.html

EatLeadCommie
12/21/2012, 05:00 PM
"Just because he's in the SEC now, I'm not trying to insinuate anything."

LOL

DarrellZero
12/21/2012, 05:09 PM
These things never result in penalties.

If they are smart they will launder them through an "old friend of the family" and voilą, no improper benefit.

badger
12/21/2012, 05:15 PM
Before we go all #NCAAinfraction on twitter, remember that when the Hornets first dropped by OKC a lot of our players (ok, namely a quarterback) went to NBA games and the Pokes on crazy OP.com got all riled up, wondering how they could possibly afford to attend NBA games

First: NBA games are only $1,000 a seat if you are Spike Lee in New York and
Next: Everyone was attending NBA games in OKC when they came... that's how we got the Thunder, after all. Hornets lose, fans attend. Hornets lose more, fans still attend.

So, sure he's gonna attend some NBA games. Big deal. Personally, I hope he attends many NBA games instead of preparing for the Cotton Bowl.

EatLeadCommie
12/21/2012, 05:26 PM
Before we go all #NCAAinfraction on twitter, remember that when the Hornets first dropped by OKC a lot of our players (ok, namely a quarterback) went to NBA games and the Pokes on crazy OP.com got all riled up, wondering how they could possibly afford to attend NBA games

First: NBA games are only $1,000 a seat if you are Spike Lee in New York and
Next: Everyone was attending NBA games in OKC when they came... that's how we got the Thunder, after all. Hornets lose, fans attend. Hornets lose more, fans still attend.

So, sure he's gonna attend some NBA games. Big deal. Personally, I hope he attends many NBA games instead of preparing for the Cotton Bowl.

This is very true, but I thought it was funny anyway.

And just for the sake of argument, I'm pretty sure that Mavs VIP courtside tickets do run several hundred dollars, and possibly as much as a $1000, if not more (I know NHL tickets in the lowest section cost a couple hundred back in the early 2000s). I'm not sure what they were charging to put fans' butts in the seats when the Hornets were playing in OKC, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't as much. Not that somebody in his family can't afford that, but I'm very curious as to who normally sits in those seats.

JLEW1818
12/21/2012, 05:44 PM
What if Mark Cuban gave him the ticket for free? Would that be violation?

yermom
12/21/2012, 06:00 PM
http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/SiwknVGSRGh8UjTKt0VCuw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusncaafexperts/Manziel_Harden.jpg

dammit Harden :(

nutinbutdust
12/21/2012, 06:07 PM
This is very true, but I thought it was funny anyway.

And just for the sake of argument, I'm pretty sure that Mavs VIP courtside tickets do run several hundred dollars, and possibly as much as a $1000, if not more (I know NHL tickets in the lowest section cost a couple hundred back in the early 2000s). I'm not sure what they were charging to put fans' butts in the seats when the Hornets were playing in OKC, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't as much. Not that somebody in his family can't afford that, but I'm very curious as to who normally sits in those seats.
Timberwolves courtside seats are $1500 at the target center in minneapolis.

Scott D
12/21/2012, 06:19 PM
He probably got the money from mommy and daddy mansierre's trademark fund.

Curly Bill
12/21/2012, 06:30 PM

yes

LRoss
12/21/2012, 06:57 PM
I would have to imagine courtside for the one and only game against the Heat would be hugely expensive.

But that's not at all to say there's a story here and anything will come of it. Apparently his family's rich, right? So he went to the game and had god seats. Good for him, hope he had a good time.

cleller
12/21/2012, 07:01 PM
I hope he's living the old Hollywood scripted swollen head express, then gets bounced off his throne in the end.

The more I see of him, the more Aggie he looks. May be part of the reason Sumlin kept him on a leash.

Torrance, come back!

BudSooner
12/21/2012, 08:03 PM
The boy's reading his own press and getting recognized for it...good, let him, then come Cotton Bowl time our boys will plant cotton up in his *** along with a heaping helping of a jailbreak blitz from the corners.

Now go watch that NBA young boy, but be mindful of your rest as you WILL need it.

VA Sooner
12/21/2012, 10:01 PM
Or pull an Elle Roberson, the Kansas State QB, that was hanging out partying until 4 am, got arrested for a possible rape charge and got released by the police at 8 am when they finally determined no crime was done. He showed up for pre-bowl warm-up completely exhausted and psyched out and didn't play worth a damn in the Fiesta Bowl in 2004 and lost his scholarship once KSU investigated and determined he violated team rules.

jk the sooner fan
12/21/2012, 10:09 PM
his parents have A LOT of money -he isnt poor

at all

doubtful as to the original question

JLEW1818
12/22/2012, 10:44 AM

yes

Damn, that's lame.

lexsooner
12/22/2012, 11:50 AM
yes

The prospect of Cuban pontificating and whining to press and social media about any sanctions against Manziel would easily justify the NCAA letting this infraction go.

Ruf/Nek7
12/22/2012, 12:07 PM
Not sure if someone touched on this already but what I have heard is that he used his "scholarship allowance" on the tickets. Now my question is HOW MUCH IS gay&m GIVING THEIR ATHLETES? No wonder they have 34 commits.

Soonerjeepman
12/22/2012, 12:10 PM
ok...what about the pic? I honestly don't give a rat's a$$...BUT would ANY joe blow get in the locker room? NO. He strictly BENEFITED from his position as a college athlete/H winner. Course how do they justify going on all the talk shows then? just curious...is it the OFFICIAL part of winning the H?

picasso
12/22/2012, 12:27 PM
I'm sorry guys but one should reap all the benefits that come with that silly trophy.

nutinbutdust
12/22/2012, 01:31 PM
The more pics I see of Johnny misdemeanor the more he looks like Popeye.

Soonerjeepman
12/22/2012, 03:12 PM
I'm sorry guys but one should reap all the benefits that come with that silly trophy.

don't disagree....glad Sam got he got. That's my point...is it stated somewhere that if ya win the H ya get a "free pass" for awhile..? or does the ncaa just look the other way because it's good for "college football" and the ncaa...

sooneron
12/22/2012, 10:04 PM
http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/SiwknVGSRGh8UjTKt0VCuw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusncaafexperts/Manziel_Harden.jpg

That kid will be bald in 5-7 years! Man, that sucks.

lexsooner
12/23/2012, 01:51 PM
That kid will be bald in 5-7 years! Man, that sucks.

He does look considerably older than his listed age of 20. In some press conference photos he actually looks twice his purported age. And yes, he does look like Popeye.