PDA

View Full Version : So the same people who tell us that Obama will lead us down the road to a nanny state

JohnnyMack
12/21/2012, 03:52 PM
are advocating the creation of a nanny state.

Hmmm.....

olevetonahill
12/21/2012, 03:54 PM
http://www.cadred.org/Images/Gallery/Resized/5961_watchu.jpg

Midtowner
12/21/2012, 04:04 PM
Police in every school?

SicEmBaylor
12/21/2012, 04:08 PM
Schools are already government indoctrination camps -- armed guards in every school would just make them armed government indoctrinations camp.

The best policy is to simply allow teachers with a CHL to carry while at work.

KantoSooner
12/21/2012, 04:18 PM
Arming teachers may well be a workable compromise.

Then I think of my high school teachers and I either laugh like a fool or my blood runs cold. Hell, I'm not sure my high school teachers should be given the right to vote and drivers' licenses, much less concealed weapons around kids. Just as a for instance, they sure as hell didn't know how to dress themselves properly.

yermom
12/21/2012, 04:24 PM
allowing Cleet certified teachers to carry sounded pretty reasonable to me

Soonerjeepman
12/21/2012, 04:34 PM
Arming teachers may well be a workable compromise.

Then I think of my high school teachers and I either laugh like a fool or my blood runs cold. Hell, I'm not sure my high school teachers should be given the right to vote and drivers' licenses, much less concealed weapons around kids. Just as a for instance, they sure as hell didn't know how to dress themselves properly.

we are actually pretty fashion conscience now. :-) and can afford to buy DECENT clothes!! lol

Soonerjeepman
12/21/2012, 04:36 PM
I stated in another thread. I would be willing, only after good training. I'm getting CC anyway for me.

One teacher brought up the idea of "extra pay". It def would be less than a police officer in every school, but still an issue. Also getting around the union and districts.

KantoSooner
12/21/2012, 04:44 PM
we are actually pretty fashion conscience now. :-) and can afford to buy DECENT clothes!! lol

I'm sure you do and are. I was talking about MY high school teachers; several of whom failed the morning challenge of properly buttoning their shirts, selecting matching socks or managing the difficult balancng act of having sideburns of similar length. It was the '70's I know, but still...

C&CDean
12/21/2012, 05:18 PM
are advocating the creation of a nanny state.

Hmmm.....

You drip with the gay. And WTF are you talking about?

olevetonahill
12/21/2012, 05:30 PM
You drip with the gay. And WTF are you talking about?

So yer sayin he has white stuff runnin off his chin ?

TheHumanAlphabet
12/21/2012, 06:02 PM
allowing Cleet certified teachers to carry sounded pretty reasonable to me

Deputize a few teachers at every school and give them CLEET training. Sounds reasonable to me...

soonercruiser
12/21/2012, 10:43 PM
The problem with these ideas is, like airline pilots, you will not be able to mandate that teachers "carry".
You will have to use only those who volunteer.
And, once classes are "in session" they are not "on the watch" for bad guys.
What is needed is a continuously, watcgful, armed "watchman"!
Someone with a phone that can pull up security cameras, and be "on the move"
I really don't think that teachers carrying will be workable for every school.

Now, certain administrators "carrying" would be a good addition.
Every little bit will help.

bluedogok
12/23/2012, 02:50 PM
Yep, no proper minded Democrat or liberal would ever advocate such a thing....

Breitbart.com - Flashback: Clinton Requests $60 Million to Put Cops in Schools (http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/12/21/Flashback-Clinton-Cops-in-Schools?utm_source=e_breitbart_com&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Breitbart+News+Roundup%2C+December+21% 2C+2012&utm_campaign=20121221_m114800125_Breitbart+News+Ro undup%2C+December+21%2C+2012&utm_term=More)

Los Angeles Times - April 16, 2000: Clinton Pledges Funds to Add Police to Schools (http://articles.latimes.com/2000/apr/16/news/mn-20323)

We had armed security in the form of our own school district police force (Putnam City) when I was in high school and I graduated in 1982.

SicEmBaylor
12/23/2012, 04:17 PM
The problem with these ideas is, like airline pilots, you will not be able to mandate that teachers "carry".
You will have to use only those who volunteer.
And, once classes are "in session" they are not "on the watch" for bad guys.
What is needed is a continuously, watcgful, armed "watchman"!
Someone with a phone that can pull up security cameras, and be "on the move"
I really don't think that teachers carrying will be workable for every school.

Now, certain administrators "carrying" would be a good addition.
Every little bit will help.

This plan has worked splendidly with the TSA at our airports.

....oh wait.

soonercruiser
12/23/2012, 10:39 PM
Maybe we could afford a cop to follow each lawyer...who is following an ambunace....who is following....