PDA

View Full Version : Christmas wishlist: Who do you want in the Big 12 that isn't already?

badger
12/21/2012, 12:43 PM
I am hearing a lot of ACC poaching desires, you Old Man Potters, you.

So anyways, please let me know which ones the Big 12 should poach. I'll include future ACC teams as well, just for fun.

Jacie
12/21/2012, 12:49 PM
If Syracuse, being closest to me of those listed, joined the Big XII it would mean I could see OU in person every few years . . .

badger
12/21/2012, 04:36 PM
Florida State and nobody else, eh? Think we can pull off 11 teams like the Big Ten did for so long?

SicEmBaylor
12/21/2012, 04:38 PM
Definitely FSU

8timechamps
12/21/2012, 05:36 PM
Clemson and FSU.

Two good football programs, and two east coast teams for WVU to play closer to home. Also, it'd be really nice to have a conference presence in Florida.

Scott D
12/21/2012, 06:25 PM
FSU and VaTech. I think the Tidewater area is underrated as a recruiting ground.

BudSooner
12/21/2012, 07:57 PM
DAMN! The Trifecta Scott! Along with FSU/VaTech, ya gotta bring Clemson and Miami. TO HELL WITH NOTRE DAME/Louisville!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/21/2012, 08:31 PM
I am hearing a lot of ACC poaching desires, you Old Man Potters, you.

So anyways, please let me know which ones the Big 12 should poach. I'll include future ACC teams as well, just for fun.Spin off LosuR and TCU, take FSU Criminoles, UNC, Clemson and Duke for laughs.

12/21/2012, 08:34 PM
DAMN! The Trifecta Scott! Along with FSU/VaTech, ya gotta bring Clemson and Miami. TO HELL WITH NOTRE DAME/Louisville!We need the U about as badly as we need the crooked French Leprechans. Miami is a monster waiting to crack the eggshell.

8timechamps
12/21/2012, 08:57 PM
Spin off LosuR and TCU, take FSU Criminoles, UNC, Clemson and Duke for laughs.

UNC and Duke would be fun for hoops. We'd be like KU fans during football season, we'd only go to the games to see the other team play.

12/21/2012, 09:06 PM
UNC and Duke would be fun for hoops. We'd be like KU fans during football season, we'd only go to the games to see the other team play.I was thinking more along the line of a relative breather for OU feetball, with that addition of Duke.

PalmettoSooner
12/21/2012, 10:30 PM
I think a group like FSU, Clemson, GT, and maybe Cincy. I rather have VT over GT but I think UVA/VT has a agreement to say together in a conference and I don't think UVA is not willing to leave the ACC.

MyT Oklahoma
12/21/2012, 10:37 PM
None of the above.

BudSooner
12/22/2012, 04:13 AM
We need the U about as badly as we need the crooked French Leprechans. Miami is a monster waiting to crack the eggshell.Butts in front of tv's man, I don't give a **** if half of 'em ran away from Castro in the past either.

Moore
12/22/2012, 05:40 AM
Nc state Louisville Georgia tech

soonergirlNeugene
12/22/2012, 09:55 PM
Voted for Clemson, FSU, ND, VT, and Pitt for WVU to keep their rivalry, but if we're talking ultimate wishlist then I'd really like to have Nebraska back and add Arkie to get us back to 12. Slightly less unrealistic would be looking west toward Arizona and the shockers, but thats still a longshot.

OUmillenium
12/24/2012, 09:36 AM
SMU

I think with a strong conference, SMU could regain the old glory. Loved the 30-30 Pony Express. I also think Colorado should return.

Harris County Sooner
12/24/2012, 05:46 PM
Rice, just so the Sooners would play in Houston every-other year.

bluedogok
12/25/2012, 10:59 AM
UNC isn't going anywhere unless the ACC does a Big East and completely falls apart, they are the Texas of the ACC, they run it.

PLaw
12/25/2012, 11:32 PM
I want FSU, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, and West Virginia to form the Atlantic Coast Division of the 3 division, 15 team Big 12.

OU, OSU, KU, KSU, and ISU would be the Big 8 division.

ut, TTU, Baylor, TCU, and Houston would be the Southwest division.

Highest BCS ranked team gets a bye into Conference Champ game. Other two division winners play to fill other CCG slot.

uT and OU allowed to keep RRR. Each team to play 10 conf games - 4 from division plus 3 from each of other divisions.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Advantages:
1) Gives good TV footprint which should generate more TV cash for all schools.
2) Provides good recruiting area into SEC region with schools in Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina. Allows Big 12 to maintain foothold in Houston where eTAMe will likely dominate, otherwise.
3) Keeps regional and traditional matchups.
4) Sets or keeps pace with the "super conference" structure that is coming.

Deloss, do you think you could go along with this plan?

BOOMER

oudivesherpa
12/26/2012, 11:37 AM
If we want the Big XII to be the top rated conference, then I want the highest rated team, then I want the highest rated teams, FSU, Clemson and Notre Dame, if we just want some patsies then William and Mary but only play with Mary.