PDA

View Full Version : Town tells Media ENOUGH now GTFO

olevetonahill
12/20/2012, 10:14 AM
Dont blame em a bit,

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/newtown-residents-ready-step-media-glare-100627069.html

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/25/2012, 09:33 PM
The Media loves tragedy. It's an easy story. Bonus is it fires the flames of demanding that the 2nd amendment be ignored, and the govt. to take further control. So many of the Media are into that.

lexsooner
12/25/2012, 11:01 PM
I must have missed that part. All I read was the pushy, intrusive media swarmed into newtown and took up resources, bothered survivors, and overcrowded the small community, and naturally locals want them to back off and get out. I would feel the same way.

12/25/2012, 11:06 PM
I must have missed that part. All I read was the pushy, intrusive media swarmed into newtown and took up resources, bothered survivors, and overcrowded the small community, and naturally locals want them to back off and get out. I would feel the same way.right on!

Soonerjeepman
12/26/2012, 11:48 AM
agree...leave them to themselves. They need this time to heal...ALONE.

MsProudSooner
12/26/2012, 03:47 PM
Oklahoma City felt the same way in 1995. It must be much worse for such a small town.

lexsooner
12/26/2012, 05:29 PM
There is a rumor or urban legend about Geraldo Rivera showing up after the OKC bombing and disguising himself in order to get an interview or get a scoop. I don't remember the exact details, but the story ends with Rivera being outed and run out of town. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this?

badger
12/26/2012, 06:02 PM
The new big news is this crazy storm that missed Tulsa and is moving east that'll leave parts of Arky without power till next year. I fully expect the media to jump on that now that the public is more concerned with that.

I don't fault the media for focusing on what they think the public is most concerned about, much like I don't think the media killed Princess Diana. But, there's a new big story to focus on now, so the problem will correct itself.

12/26/2012, 08:10 PM
The new big news is this crazy storm that missed Tulsa and is moving east that'll leave parts of Arky without power till next year. I fully expect the media to jump on that now that the public is more concerned with that.

I don't fault the media for focusing on what they think the public is most concerned about, much like I don't think the media killed Princess Diana. But, there's a new big story to focus on now, so the problem will correct itself.True. They wouldn't dream of going after Hillry and Obear for the Benghazi national disgrace.

badger
12/27/2012, 09:25 AM
True. They wouldn't dream of going after Hillry and Obear for the Benghazi national disgrace.

That's not new anymore. If something else happens there, I could see follow-ups.

soonercruiser
12/27/2012, 09:55 PM
The rats will move on to the next dead carcus!

SCOUT
12/27/2012, 09:58 PM
I would love to see a Gallup type poll asking people how well they think the media are fulfilling the role of journalists. It would be similar to the job approval ratings for the Congress.

StoopTroup
12/28/2012, 05:00 AM
I think the media have been a disgrace since Fox got UFC Bandwidth.

badger
12/28/2012, 01:58 PM
I think the media have been a disgrace since Fox got UFC Bandwidth.
One of those weird coincidences, like OU football seeming to not be able to keep up as much ever since the introduction of the Horse Pigs

StoopTroup
12/28/2012, 06:47 PM
One of those weird coincidences, like OU football seeming to not be able to keep up as much ever since the introduction of the Horse Pigs

lol