PDA

View Full Version : Why OU must beat aTm

AzianSooner
12/19/2012, 09:54 PM
Despise all the talks and written that OU earns nothing from beating the aTm, these are reasons that I think OU must beat aTm:

1. Recruiting. When OU beats aTm soundly on the field, the players living in texas would look to that game and see who would they want to play for. Young guys like to play for a winner.

2. Respect. aTm now is a hot new SEC team whom they all saying will be good to great in the next few year. OU must set this win as an affirmative dominance that aTm has been received though their Big 12 membership years. A win will earn more than plain words.

3. Confidence. This win will help the young players who will "step-up" and "take-charge" next year. This win gives motivation and confidence when they go through spring and summer practices.

4. Pride. OU is the face of Big 12. None of the other 11 teams in the old Big 12 earns more championship than OU. This will show the old member again the Pride and the Power of one of the Big 12 leader.

5. Challenge. With a Heisman winner as the qb for aTm together with their last ranking is above OU, this is a challenge to OU players. The win rewards each player the feeling of going over the top as sailing through a strong wind.

Boomer Sooner - beat aTm!

olevetonahill
12/19/2012, 10:06 PM
Pretty much Spot on bro

MyT Oklahoma
12/19/2012, 10:30 PM
Well yeah. All that plus they are simply in our way.

BoulderSooner79
12/19/2012, 11:01 PM
Winning > Losing. Always.

Lose-lose situations are fabrications inside some folks (numb)skulls.

8timechamps
12/19/2012, 11:20 PM
Winning > Losing. Always.

Lose-lose situations are fabrications inside some folks (numb)skulls.

Yep.

While I agree with all the reasons Azian posted, the bottom line is Winning>Losing.

picasso
12/20/2012, 12:58 AM
We must beat them because they are still our little bitches.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/20/2012, 01:49 AM
We've got major scoreboard on the Lassies, and I see no reason for the dominance to stop. Maybe we can figure out a few defensive strategies for this game.

Pooty Pootpoot
12/20/2012, 10:58 AM
After our glorious victory in the Jerry Dome we'll all join hands and sing:

Hi rickety whoop-te-do
Boomer Sooner, Okla-U!,
Hi rickety whoop-te-do
Boomer Sooner, Okla-U!

Celebrating another proud OU victory.

BigTip
12/20/2012, 11:11 AM
There are also those all time records to rack up too. Most bowl victories, etc.
That's why I felt so screwed with not making the Sugar Bowl, as that would have been one more "BCS bowls played in" to add to our records.
More proof for those "most successful programs" lists.

Off topic, but, I still don't understand how the Cotton Bowl people messed up to not be included in the BCS. How did The Fiesta Bowl supplement The Cotton Bowl in importance back when? It was forever Rose, Orange, Sugar, Cotton.

Lott's Bandana
12/20/2012, 11:25 AM
There are also those all time records to rack up too. Most bowl victories, etc.
That's why I felt so screwed with not making the Sugar Bowl, as that would have been one more "BCS bowls played in" to add to our records.
More proof for those "most successful programs" lists.

Off topic, but, I still don't understand how the Cotton Bowl people messed up to not be included in the BCS. How did The Fiesta Bowl supplement The Cotton Bowl in importance back when? It was forever Rose, Orange, Sugar, Cotton.

POS Ghetto-stadium in a horrible neighborhood with no State Fair going on.

It has surprised me that the Cotton even survived, much less hung on to be at least in the conversation.

BigTip
12/20/2012, 02:28 PM

It has surprised me that the Cotton even survived, much less hung on to be at least in the conversation.

Don't forget, "in freezing weather."

So now that it is in the coolest stadium in the WORLD (ask Jerry if you disagree) will it move back up?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/20/2012, 03:33 PM

It has surprised me that the Cotton even survived, much less hung on to be at least in the conversation.So, now we have TFCB insteasd of TRCB, and maybe they can finagle their way back into BCSdom. Possibly replace the Orange or Rose, with their unpopular matchups.

trwxxa
12/20/2012, 09:34 PM
The Big XII has only won 1 of the last 9 Cotton Bowls againt the SEC. Plus, the matchup is typically a 2nd or 3rd place Big XII against a 4th or 5th place SEC. If we are going to continue the Big XII > SEC chant, OU and the Big XII need to start winning this game.

Aries
12/21/2012, 08:50 AM
6. Because I smack talked an OSU fan buddy who said A&M would win going away, by telling he no, we p'own A&M. And if we lose, he will drop the hammer on me.