PDA

View Full Version : OU/SFA Game

8timechamps
12/18/2012, 09:01 PM
30-26 OU at the half.

They're doing a pretty good job of keeping Osby in check, we need to get him going in the second half!

Hornbeak/Hield lead all Sooner scorers with 6!

8timechamps
12/18/2012, 09:18 PM
45-34 SFA, 13:00 left in the half.

Our boys just look disinterested tonight.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
12/18/2012, 09:43 PM
Sooners up 52-51 with 3:00 left.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
12/18/2012, 09:55 PM
Sooners lose 56-55.

kevpks
12/18/2012, 09:56 PM
Bad loss. We're better than last year but this program is still a shell of its former self.

Eielson
12/18/2012, 10:06 PM
The one thing Kruger had on Capel was that at least he never lost to Stephen F. Austin. So much for that. This is horrific to watch. We were more talented than them at every position. If you guys thought having Neal as a 10th man was a sign of not having enough talent, try having Jacob Parker in your starting lineup.

8timechamps
12/18/2012, 11:07 PM
There is no good excuse for the performance we saw tonight. There is no reason SFA should have come into our place (albeit hardly anyone there) and beat the Sooners.

It seems for every four steps this team takes forward, we take a step back. Still, better than last year, but clearly a year away from threatening a spot in the NCAA tourney.

8timechamps
12/18/2012, 11:08 PM
I'm not so sure the four of us posting in this thread couldn't have put up better numbers tonight.

Just ugly.

badger
12/18/2012, 11:11 PM
oh wow. i suppose we just lost our USA Today/ESPN poll votes, huh? :(

OUSKINS
12/19/2012, 08:19 AM
The program is in shambles. There couldn't possibly be less interest in OU hoops then there is right now.

Boomer.....
12/19/2012, 08:26 AM
That was hard to watch. I'm not discrediting SFA, but we played with no heart or much effort. Our shooting was HORRIBLE. UGH!

badger
12/19/2012, 09:16 AM
The program is in shambles. There couldn't possibly be less interest in OU hoops then there is right now.

I still think Lon Kruger is a good guy and the right person to right the ship, but... without sounding too harsh, Jeff Capel took a colossal dump on our once-proud program. I am not impatient on the healing process. After all, we still have football to fall back on till early January

Eielson
12/19/2012, 10:54 AM
I still think Lon Kruger is a good guy and the right person to right the ship, but... without sounding too harsh, Jeff Capel took a colossal dump on our once-proud program. I am not impatient on the healing process. After all, we still have football to fall back on till early January

Can't blame Capel for this. If we had a talent gap, then okay, but that's not the case. We're consistently losing/playing close against teams that are nowhere near our talent level. Jacob Parker starts for SFA. He played for Bixby and couldn't even draw any attention from OU. He could maybe be a walk-on for us.

If we can't get it together this season, I don't see next year being much better. Osby and Pledger are our best players by far and will both be gone. Kruger might be alright in the end, but we should be the laughingstock of the NCAA for giving this guy Coach-K type money.

Boomer.....
12/19/2012, 11:30 AM
Sadly no one would consider coaching here without that kind of money. We've just been put into a deep hole that will take a while to dig out of. I thought we might be alright this year, but now not so sure. We better be able to at least reach the NIT.

badger
12/19/2012, 12:18 PM
Can't blame Capel for this. If we had a talent gap, then okay, but that's not the case. We're consistently losing/playing close against teams that are nowhere near our talent level. Jacob Parker starts for SFA. He played for Bixby and couldn't even draw any attention from OU. He could maybe be a walk-on for us.

If we can't get it together this season, I don't see next year being much better. Osby and Pledger are our best players by far and will both be gone. Kruger might be alright in the end, but we should be the laughingstock of the NCAA for giving this guy Coach-K type money.

I intend to blame Capel for a very long time, thank ye very much :D

Seriously though, I do. I can rattle off the lengthy ways he screwed OU and ran us into the ground, but I think everyone on SF that still talks basketball is well versed in it by now.

8timechamps
12/19/2012, 02:25 PM
The program is still reeling from Capel's time. Kruger came into a situation similar to what Stoops walked into when he got to OU. The big difference is that the football program had tradition to sell recruits, basketball has Blake Griffin.

As I said early this year, this team is young. Although Osby and Pledger aren't young, the team (together) is. Kruger has opted to ride out the inexperience and reap the rewards down the line. However, last night was a lack of motivation. OU looked disinterested from the get go, and the shooting was absolutely terrible. Still, there is no reason that SFA should have won that game.

I'm re-calibrating my expectations, and hope this team can get an NIT bid.

badger
12/19/2012, 03:00 PM
I just pulled myself back from launching into my anti-Capel list. You know, top-five recruiting budget spent on red-headed juco quitters, former McD All-Americans turning pro for leagues other than the NBA... I'm not gonna do it. I don't have the energy. Damn antibiotics.

I am not ready to re-calibrate my expectations for this team. Tons of tourney teams get upset during the regular season by no-names. So long as they're talking about our key losses and not naming us as a key loss for someone else (haha KSU!), I'll be happy.

Sooner95
12/19/2012, 08:33 PM
This was a tough one for sure but one thing is it will sink in good because we do not play again until 12/29.

Soonerjeepman
12/19/2012, 09:34 PM
I didn't "see" it, I had it on gamecast. Saw the end of the first when OU seemed to take control...didn't get back on until it was a 10 pt lead for the bad guys...clicked off. OU's shooting is HORRIBLE. I do have some faith in LK. I do think JC left OU in a HORRIBLE HOLE. Krug is riding the youngins for the future.

I don't think we have any top Big12 level guys, not starters...just don't see it...talking the tip 2/3 schools. This was a big loss.

Hopefully they can take this and move on.

badger
12/20/2012, 09:13 AM
This was a tough one for sure but one thing is it will sink in good because we do not play again until 12/29.

maybe the womens game tonight will help. gawd i hope so. NO MORE LOSING THIS WEEK ALLOWED :mad:

8timechamps
12/20/2012, 08:06 PM
I didn't "see" it, I had it on gamecast. Saw the end of the first when OU seemed to take control...didn't get back on until it was a 10 pt lead for the bad guys...clicked off. OU's shooting is HORRIBLE. I do have some faith in LK. I do think JC left OU in a HORRIBLE HOLE. Krug is riding the youngins for the future.

I don't think we have any top Big12 level guys, not starters...just don't see it...talking the tip 2/3 schools. This was a big loss.

Hopefully they can take this and move on.

OU was leading (barely) at the half, but came out and promptly went 2 for 13 to start the second. They played catch-up the rest of the way, and it was just too little, too late.

I don't think that SFA is better than OU, but they were for one half.

We have some guys that will be all conference, eventually. They're just young and inexperienced right now.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
12/21/2012, 07:16 AM
OU was leading (barely) at the half, but came out and promptly went 2 for 13 to start the second. They played catch-up the rest of the way, and it was just too little, too late.

I don't think that SFA is better than OU, but they were for one half.

We have some guys that will be all conference, eventually. They're just young and inexperienced right now.

Yup. Growing pains. Really bad ones!

Soonerjeepman
12/21/2012, 12:00 PM
agree, prob some of the fr will be all conf, but I was referring to the SR/JR. Not to bash our guys...love their effort and hustle...but just isn't there. This was for comparing KU/KSU/UT..even BU...

8timechamps
12/21/2012, 09:00 PM
agree, prob some of the fr will be all conf, but I was referring to the SR/JR. Not to bash our guys...love their effort and hustle...but just isn't there. This was for comparing KU/KSU/UT..even BU...

I agree.

So far, I've been a little disappointed in the senior performance this season. I don't want to pick on any Sooner, but Pledger and Osby were both fairly absent against SFA. We need those guys to step up and play well, especially when the freshman are off. I'm hoping that down the line, in conference play, they'll be more consistent.

It's definitely one of those "Be patient grasshopper" kind of seasons. I can tell that this team is much better than last year, but there's still a long way to go.

badger
12/22/2012, 02:11 PM
It's definitely one of those "Be patient grasshopper" kind of seasons. I can tell that this team is much better than last year, but there's still a long way to go.
the last time badger told a grasshopper to be patient, it spat red goo on me :D

seriously though, i like the direction we're headed in, SFA loss notwithstanding.