PDA

View Full Version : The Lunitic Left are encourgaing Obama to By-pass Congress

olevetonahill
12/18/2012, 04:37 PM
And get those Guns

Proponents of stricter gun control measures are pressuring President Barack Obama to sidestep Congress and act now to tighten the nation's controls on firearms.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg, one of the nation's leading proponents of stricter gun control, held a press conference on Monday, flanked by victims of gun violence and their families, to urge Obama to act.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/obama-executive-action-guns-145033715.html

Soonerjeepman
12/18/2012, 04:40 PM
sure he'd LOVE to do that...not sure it will happen. NRA is just now talking...UNLIKE the lib dem as$wipes...they wanted to wait and give the grieving parents a few days before they started to defend the 2nd amendment...

olevetonahill
12/18/2012, 04:45 PM
sure he'd LOVE to do that...not sure it will happen. NRA is just now talking...UNLIKE the lib dem as$wipes...they wanted to wait and give the grieving parents a few days before they started to defend the 2nd amendment...

Yea RLIMC said something about the Gun Grabbers the Day this happened and all the Libs started in on him and the others to wait a few days let the wounds heal a bit, As they started attackin guns from the get go .

pphilfran
12/18/2012, 06:37 PM

The NRA being quiet is a little more than just being respectful...

It would do them no good to speak up now...hearts are still aching and they would get blistered in the media and in public sentiment...

Like you said, they will bide them time and let hearts cool...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/18/2012, 06:43 PM
Yea RLIMC said something about the Gun Grabbers the Day this happened and all the Libs started in on him and the others to wait a few days let the wounds heal a bit, As they started attackin guns from the get go .accepted. Thank you!

8timechamps
12/18/2012, 07:06 PM
What part of the sick-o stole the guns from his mom are the lefties having trouble understanding?

Let's say tighter gun control measures were in place, would that have changed anything about what happened? Probably not a thing.

okie52
12/18/2012, 07:54 PM
And get those Guns

Proponents of stricter gun control measures are pressuring President Barack Obama to sidestep Congress and act now to tighten the nation's controls on firearms.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg, one of the nation's leading proponents of stricter gun control, held a press conference on Monday, flanked by victims of gun violence and their families, to urge Obama to act.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/obama-executive-action-guns-145033715.html

Wish Bloomberg would've had himself flanked by victims of 20 oz cokes.

Seamus
12/18/2012, 07:55 PM
Me:

Pro-environment, pro-gay marriage, pro-choice, lifelong Dem (until last Friday, now independent), pro-Obamacare, owner of a Colt 6920 AR-15.

No plans to give it up under any circumstances.

I bought it legally, I store it legally, I own it legally. Change any law you wish, but you can't have my rifle.

Another point:

1. Virginia Tech -- weapons: handguns
2. Gabbie Giffords -- weapon: handgun

12/18/2012, 08:05 PM
"The Lunitic Left are encourgaing Obama to
By-pass Congress" -Olevetonahill

This is a question of the chicken or the egg coming first.

OU_Sooners75
12/18/2012, 09:07 PM
Pretty sure an exsecutive ordeer on this issue will be challenged all the way to the supreme court.

olevetonahill
12/18/2012, 09:23 PM
accepted. Thank you!

Yup, Even I said it was Too early. My bad Bro

jkjsooner
12/18/2012, 09:42 PM
Let's not stereotype all left of center people here. I"m sure there are many liberals who think this is a bad idea.

jkjsooner
12/18/2012, 09:48 PM

Funny, you guys didn't wait though did you? My facebook wall has been full of pro gun posts since Friday.

Even on this board in the South Oval thread RLIMC was the first to turn it political.

olevetonahill
12/18/2012, 09:50 PM
Let's not stereotype all left of center people here. I"m sure there are many liberals who think this is a bad idea.

If yer not a Lunitic then I dint include you did I?

jkjsooner
12/18/2012, 09:53 PM
Yea RLIMC said something about the Gun Grabbers the Day this happened and all the Libs started in on him and the others to wait a few days let the wounds heal a bit, As they started attackin guns from the get go .

Just noticed this post. At least you recognized RLIMC's role. Let's face it both sides jumped in and made it political and blaming one over the other is absurd.

jkjsooner
12/18/2012, 10:10 PM
I want to say one more thing. I think what we consider to be politically motivated shows our bias. I think that's true everywhere but especially here.

After this tragedy, many liberals started talking about gun control and many conservatives starting talking about increasing access to guns.

A conservative might view the liberals as using this tragedy as an opportunity to push their agenda. They may view their own stance as a solution to prevent further tragedies.

On the other hand, a liberal might view the conservative as using this tragedy to push their gun agenda. They may view their own stance as simply a solution to prevent further tragedies.

Too often we demonize each other for having different views. We assume the worst motives for those who disagree with us and the best motives to those who agree with us.

I personally just want the suffering to stop. I don't care if you have a gun or not. I don't care if you give your five year old a gun. I'd be all for allowing teachers to carry firearms if it would solve the problem without causing a bigger problem. I just happen to believe that while you would solve the rampage type problem we would offset that with a much higher gun death rate in schools of the more normal type.

I'm not salivating for the next mass murder so that I can push an agenda. Nobody is. We just see a problem and want to solve it.

olevetonahill
12/18/2012, 10:15 PM
Agreed JKJ The deal with arming teachers is ONLY those who want to be armed and are willing to go thru the extra training needed, Then simply get them a Smart weapon that can only be fired by THEM. The technology is there use it, Then there are no "Normal" gun deaths as you stated .

Oh and i hope it goes with out saying, but the rigorous Mental evaluation needed also.

diverdog
12/18/2012, 10:44 PM

Do you actually think the parents are going to side with the NRA? I bet it if were up to them every single assault rifle would have been destroyed that day. I would bet they would side with the President right now.

I also was listening to the radio the other day and they had a Democratic strategist who said that the NRA is no longer the force it use to be. Defeating Obama and a few other Dems this last election was their biggest priority ever and they did worse than Karl Rove. Their return on investment was dismal.

rock on sooner
12/18/2012, 10:51 PM
I am personally struggling with the Newtown event. I haven't figured
out yet how to comprehend even the obviously evil thought process that
drove this person to assault so many innocent children. I haven't slept
a full night since...I read...I listen..I talk...I argue...I swear..I weep...and
I truly fear copycat because of all the attention this has garnered.

I want action...don't know what or how..not more gun control but enforce
what's on the books...increased attention on the bullied, the loner, the
bullier..the shy..the attention-getter...all of those. It takes EVERYONE
to pay attention, to reach out, to care, to give a pat on the back or a
high five..recognize the disconnected and say "howya doin'? So many
don't, let those just slip away...it aint hard, its just being alert to what/
who's around you.

No additional legislation is needed to do that, all that is needed is for you
and me to pay more attention...see something that isn't right, talk to or
with someone who is experienced and get a direction. Is this going to solve
a problem or stop another awful event...maybe not...but as time goes by..it
will make things better.

Forgive me, please. My heart is breaking for those little ones taken from this
world and I'm just hunting for a solution.

jkjsooner
12/18/2012, 11:00 PM
If yer not a Lunitic then I dint include you did I?

Fair enough. But you didn't say "lunatics on the left" you said "lunatic left." I suppose that could mean a subset of the left but I didn't take it that way...

jkjsooner
12/18/2012, 11:05 PM
Agreed JKJ The deal with arming teachers is ONLY those who want to be armed and are willing to go thru the extra training needed, Then simply get them a Smart weapon that can only be fired by THEM. The technology is there use it, Then there are no "Normal" gun deaths as you stated .

Oh and i hope it goes with out saying, but the rigorous Mental evaluation needed also.

Good because I know I had a couple of teachers that were not cut out for the stress of their job.

That technology sounds good if you can get it to work. It's a real solution. Unfortunately we also hear solutions which are nothing more than a desire to extend gun rights. Gov. Perry said he wanted everyone with a permit (not just teachers) to be able to conceal carry in schools. Allowing a person who is there to pick up his kids or to work on an HVAC system to conceal carry isn't solving any problem. The probability of that guy being there to stop a rampage is slim.

soonercruiser
12/18/2012, 11:10 PM
The NRA being quiet is a little more than just being respectful...

It would do them no good to speak up now...hearts are still aching and they would get blistered in the media and in public sentiment...

Like you said, they will bide them time and let hearts cool...

Reports are....NRA will hold a new conference Friday.

jkjsooner
12/18/2012, 11:11 PM
Do you actually think the parents are going to side with the NRA? I bet it if were up to them every single assault rifle would have been destroyed that day. I would bet they would side with the President right now.

There will be one or two parents of the victims who want more guns in schools. (No beef with them; They're personally tied to the issue and the argument has some merits.) The lobbyists will parade them around and pretend that the others never existed. We'll be told, "See even the victims want more guns." It's a common theme.

soonercruiser
12/18/2012, 11:14 PM
What part of the sick-o stole the guns from his mom are the lefties having trouble understanding?

Let's say tighter gun control measures were in place, would that have changed anything about what happened? Probably not a thing.

Could it be that the Lunatic Left are sooooo sick, that they want a lot of mentally sick people to be free running around....not confined under treatment???
You know legitimize a mentally ill public not under treatment?
If not...why are they diverting attention away....and toward guns?

olevetonahill
12/18/2012, 11:16 PM
Fair enough. But you didn't say "lunatics on the left" you said "lunatic left." I suppose that could mean a subset of the left but I didn't take it that way...

Take it anyway you want to.

soonercruiser
12/18/2012, 11:19 PM

I also was listening to the radio the other day and they had a Democratic strategist who said that the NRA is no longer the force it use to be. Defeating Obama and a few other Dems this last election was their biggest priority ever and they did worse than Karl Rove. Their return on investment was dismal.

Ban assault rifles; ban guns from schools! So what?
NOT A CURE for our society's basic problems.
There will be more mass murders by gun, or other means. You can't stop evil with laws!

For a buch of people who worship the "Science God", the left is all to willing to ignore the statistics.
More gun laws = no less crime!
They are impotent to actually confront the real causes in society.

12/19/2012, 01:16 AM
Funny, you guys didn't wait though did you? My facebook wall has been full of pro gun posts since Friday.

Even on this board in the South Oval thread RLIMC was the first to turn it political.It was a warning for what we(all should)know was coming. But hey, thanks, haha!

Midtowner
12/19/2012, 01:17 AM
Could it be that the Lunatic Left are sooooo sick, that they want a lot of mentally sick people to be free running around....not confined under treatment???
You know legitimize a mentally ill public not under treatment?
If not...why are they diverting attention away....and toward guns?

You mean like Ronald Reagan?

stoopified
12/19/2012, 07:12 AM
a full night since...I read...I listen..I talk...I argue...I swear..I weep...and

who's around you.

will make things better.

world and I'm just hunting for a solution.I would have wriiten exactly this ........if I were that eloquent.I can't watch the news anymore,am only sleeping about 4 hours a nite.I look and my 5 yr old Jason and 8 yr old Ryan...... and can't help thinking, what if?

It is times like this that do truly test my faith,almost to the breaking point. Between 9/11,the Murrow Building,Colubine,Newtown and so many tragedies to name in my lifetime,my soul cries out for GOD to do something because this world is out of man's control . The anquish is so intense,it is making me crazy.

jkjsooner
12/19/2012, 07:35 AM
It was a warning for what we(all should)know was coming. But hey, thanks, haha!

Sorry. You don't get off the hook. In fact what you did was worse. Instead of proposing solutions (gun control, more guns,etc) you used this opportunity to attack the left.

olevetonahill
12/19/2012, 09:41 AM
Sorry. You don't get off the hook. In fact what you did was worse. Instead of proposing solutions (gun control, more guns,etc) you used this opportunity to attack the left.

I dont see where he attacked ANYONE but go ahead and feel sorry for your self if ya want to.

Heres what he said, (I and a few others said it was TOO early, But I admit I was wrong. Because you idiots did go after Guns almost as fast as he defended em)

His evil gun(s) should never have been sold.

Soonerjeepman
12/19/2012, 10:01 AM

Even on this board in the South Oval thread RLIMC was the first to turn it political.

actually, there was a petition off of the white house site pushing for gun control...filed and signed by 25K folks a few hours after the shootings...so in reality it was both. I started a thread, I'm a teacher and yes my heart went out for the victims/families, but it was to point out it was a crazy person, not guns that killed.

Soonerjeepman
12/19/2012, 10:06 AM

really? honestly I think I would want more protection in my kid's school...

TheHumanAlphabet
12/19/2012, 10:23 AM
All you effing gun controllers. Lets take the absurdity of reducing my CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT into an absurd notion curtailing something for you.

Lets pass a law that requires you to get a permit to have sex and to have a child. If you have sex without a permit, then there is a fine of $500 the first instance, the second instance a $1000 fine and the third instance, life in prison or castration...

If you have a child without a permit, immediate castration and prison for life.

How does that sound to you, hmmm?

At least gun ownership is a protected CONSTITUIONAL RIGHT. having children isn't and can be regulated by the gubment easily.

FaninAma
12/19/2012, 10:24 AM
We are seeing the formation and growth of a cult in this country headed by Obama.

Wishboned
12/19/2012, 06:42 PM
I was at Walmart today, picking up a prescription from the pharmacy. While I was waiting in line I glanced behind the counter at all the cold and allergy medicine, and I thought to myself, "Thank God the government stepped in and implemented strict controls on the sale of cold and allergy medicine. Because of those regulations they've managed to wipe out meth completely."

olevetonahill
12/19/2012, 06:57 PM
I was at Walmart today, picking up a prescription from the pharmacy. While I was waiting in line I glanced behind the counter at all the cold and allergy medicine, and I thought to myself, "Thank God the government stepped in and implemented strict controls on the sale of cold and allergy medicine. Because of those regulations they've managed to wipe out meth completely."

:congratulatory:

soonercruiser
12/19/2012, 10:20 PM
"The Lunitic Left are encourgaing Obama to
By-pass Congress" -Olevetonahill

This is a question of the chicken or the egg coming first.

"Who's on First"???
The answer? The lunatics are on all the bases...including the Presidency!

soonercruiser
12/19/2012, 10:24 PM

who's around you.

will make things better.

world and I'm just hunting for a solution.

Good thoughts Rock.
But the problem is, some people feel like they must "do something"....without thinking through the action and results; and just for the sake of saying they did something.

12/20/2012, 01:37 AM
"Who's on First"???
The answer? The lunatics are on all the bases...including the Presidency!That IS the point. El POTUS is every bit as goofy and vile as the other kneejerker democrats in government.