PDA

View Full Version : Drew Allen rumored to Transfer

Boomer.....
12/18/2012, 01:02 PM
per James Hale

badger
12/18/2012, 01:07 PM
He didn't play at all this season so I hope they were able to preserve this as an eligibility year. If not... this is a year too late, isn't it? Poor Drew. Looks like he has the unenviable position of being the ONLY OU quarterback not to transfer to not get a chance at starting :(

jk the sooner fan
12/18/2012, 01:15 PM
writing on the wall has to be in pretty big letters i'm guessing

best of luck to the young man

stoops the eternal pimp
12/18/2012, 01:22 PM
Yeah...With the quick rise of Thompson and Knight to go along with Bell, Allen was not going to be in the mix.

SoonerMarkVA
12/18/2012, 01:24 PM
He didn't play at all this season so I hope they were able to preserve this as an eligibility year.

I think he already redshirted. So, unless he can pull off medical or something, he's down to a single year. Looks like he'll have to transfer down a division to play, which also will substantially boost his odds of starting.

jk the sooner fan
12/18/2012, 01:27 PM
if Bomar can get drafted after a year at Sam Houston State - Allen probably thinks he has a shot as well

sooneron
12/18/2012, 01:31 PM
if Bomar can get drafted after a year at Sam Houston State - Allen probably thinks he has a shot as well

He probably thinks he has a shot at starting if he watches about 1/3 of the nfl teams this year!

colleyvillesooner
12/18/2012, 01:32 PM

Well, tools wise outta high school Bomar was the #1 QB. Allen was the #38 QB. Don't know how much that matters once in college but worth noting.

Mjcpr
12/18/2012, 01:35 PM
Plus, we have a QB committed for the 2013 class don't we?

jk the sooner fan
12/18/2012, 01:35 PM
hey - when you're 20- you chase the dream

reality doesnt set in till you're close to 30 :D

Curly Bill
12/18/2012, 01:50 PM
Normally I say p*ss on em when they transfer, but in this case I wish him luck. From what little I know seems like he did all the right things, didn't jump the gun and transfer at the first hint of competition, but just wasn't the guy chosen to see playing time.

I'd love to see him transfer to a D-II, start for them, get a shot on an NFL team, and make some money.

soonerborn45
12/18/2012, 02:47 PM
I think he already redshirted. So, unless he can pull off medical or something, he's down to a single year. Looks like he'll have to transfer down a division to play, which also will substantially boost his odds of starting.

If Drew got his undergrad degree, which I believe he has already, then he could transfer to any D1 school that offers a graduate program OU doesn't and he would be eligible to play immediately. It's what Russell Wilson did last year.

colleyvillesooner
12/18/2012, 02:54 PM
hey - when you're 20- you chase the dream

reality doesnt set in till you're close to 30 :D
Or you have the second kid ;)

olevetonahill
12/18/2012, 02:59 PM
Or you have the second kid ;)

or 7th Grand kid :chuncky:

OkieThunderLion
12/18/2012, 04:16 PM

If he graduates in spring, he could transfer to another D1 and be eligible right away. May be tough to get a starting gig though.

badger
12/18/2012, 04:21 PM
If he graduates in spring, he could transfer to another D1 and be eligible right away. May be tough to get a starting gig though.

I hear Wisconsin takes on 5th year play-immediately quarterback transfers and I hear the Seahawks draft them :D

swardboy
12/18/2012, 04:44 PM
I hear Wisconsin takes on 5th year play-immediately quarterback transfers and I hear the Seahawks draft them :D

Yeah, but only if they're 5' 4" or something like that.

8timechamps
12/18/2012, 05:27 PM

Yep, Cody Thomas. Could come in and at least make some noise...don't think he's really gonna take the starting job though.

SoonerMarkVA
12/18/2012, 05:29 PM
If Drew got his undergrad degree, which I believe he has already, then he could transfer to any D1 school that offers a graduate program OU doesn't and he would be eligible to play immediately. It's what Russell Wilson did last year.

Cool. I can't keep up with all the rules, obviously. That would be the "or something" part, it looks like.

Widescreen
12/18/2012, 05:29 PM
Yes, but wouldn't be surprised if he goes and plays baseball. The guy's supposed to be really good.

badger
12/18/2012, 05:34 PM
Yes, but wouldn't be surprised if he goes and plays baseball. The guy's supposed to be really good.

if you're referring to archie bradley he's already in baseball :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archie_Bradley_%28baseball%29

8timechamps
12/18/2012, 05:38 PM

He say's he's going to do both...but it's easy to say that while you're in high school, and you're the starter at QB. It might be a little different when there are 3 very talented guys ahead of you on the depth chart.

Pooty Pootpoot
12/18/2012, 05:55 PM
A friend of mine that has two classes with Drew Allen said he saw Drew on a bicycle a few weeks ago and thinks that Drew is going pro and wants to ride in The Tour de France .. Which is a triathlon or a buss tour someplace in France.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/18/2012, 06:01 PM
Normally I say p*ss on em when they transfer, but in this case I wish him luck. From what little I know seems like he did all the right things, didn't jump the gun and transfer at the first hint of competition, but just wasn't the guy chosen to see playing time.

I'd love to see him transfer to a D-II, start for them, get a shot on an NFL team, and make some money.Good luck, Drew! Srsly wish you the best!

12/18/2012, 06:05 PM
A friend of mine that has two classes with Drew Allen said he saw Drew on a bicycle a few weeks ago and thinks that Drew is going pro and wants to ride in The Tour de France .. Which is a triathlon or a buss tour someplace in France.when and where's your next gig? I like Tour de France jokes.

Widescreen
12/18/2012, 06:18 PM
if you're referring to archie bradley he's already in baseball :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archie_Bradley_%28baseball%29

Nope. I'm talking about Cody something-or-other (current 2013 commitment from Colleyville, TX)

goingoneight
12/18/2012, 07:06 PM
DeLoss Dodds has just made a new Big Texas Conference rule:

QB transfers to the University of Texas will be given two years of immediate eligibility.

Salt City Sooner
12/18/2012, 07:36 PM
He is good, but MLB wants him as a pitcher, & he's made it crystal clear that that's something he does NOT want to do.

8timechamps
12/18/2012, 09:05 PM
BACK UP THE TRUCK...

Allen practiced with the team today, and no confirmation has been given that he is transferring. I know practicing with the team doesn't mean he won't transfer, so take that for what it's worth.

Sometimes I think James Hale considers his speculation as fact.

badger
12/18/2012, 10:36 PM
BACK UP THE TRUCK...

Allen practiced with the team today, and no confirmation has been given that he is transferring. I know practicing with the team doesn't mean he won't transfer, so take that for what it's worth.

Sometimes I think James Hale considers his speculation as fact.

ahhh, was wondering why nobody else reported it yet. thanks for clarifying.

OkieThunderLion
12/18/2012, 11:57 PM
He say's he's going to do both...but it's easy to say that while you're in high school, and you're the starter at QB. It might be a little different when there are 3 very talented guys ahead of you on the depth chart.

He might be in a position where he could. For 2 years, at least. Considering he's an auto red-shirt next fall anyway. Hard to get both sides (MLB org and OU) to agree to it though.

badger
12/19/2012, 09:14 AM
I'm still waiting for ANYone else to report ANYthing on this... and unless Drew Allen is now an assistant coach at Southern Utah University (http://www.suunews.com/news/2012/dec/05/coaching-drew-allen-keeps-majeruss-legacy-rivalry-/), NOTHING!

I officially dislike transfer rumors more than coaching change rumors. At least the coaches are paid adults in this college football biz, but student athletes are still basically kids :mad:

OkieThunderLion
12/19/2012, 10:01 AM
I'm still waiting for ANYone else to report ANYthing on this... and unless Drew Allen is now an assistant coach at Southern Utah University (http://www.suunews.com/news/2012/dec/05/coaching-drew-allen-keeps-majeruss-legacy-rivalry-/), NOTHING!

I officially dislike transfer rumors more than coaching change rumors. At least the coaches are paid adults in this college football biz, but student athletes are still basically kids :mad:

It was just speculation by Hale.

Ruf/Nek7
12/19/2012, 10:05 AM
My in-laws are actually really close to the Allen family as my brother in law played corner at Boerne Champion whom was a rival to Alamo Heights in the day. They had family friends that lived next door to Allen's family. With all of that being said, all i have ever heard is that Drew loves OU and never would be anywhere else. I, myself, thought he would have transferred last year to be apart of the new UTSA football program and once that passed I figured he would for sure graduate a Sooner. I would be absolutely shocked to hear he actually transferred.

jk the sooner fan
12/19/2012, 10:33 AM
My in-laws are actually really close to the Allen family as my brother in law played corner at Boerne Champion whom was a rival to Alamo Heights in the day. They had family friends that lived next door to Allen's family. With all of that being said, all i have ever heard is that Drew loves OU and never would be anywhere else. I, myself, thought he would have transferred last year to be apart of the new UTSA football program and once that passed I figured he would for sure graduate a Sooner. I would be absolutely shocked to hear he actually transferred.

i'm not bagging on your source or your post - but posts like these always remind me of the scene in Ferris Bueller :)

badger
12/19/2012, 10:44 AM

I am also not bagging on your source/post, but I do recall quarterback Keith "Iceman" Nichol saying about the same things publicly up till he went back to Michigan State.

I also recall lamenting that we could used him at receiver back here if he was going to end up playing receiver up there anyway :(

KantoSooner
12/19/2012, 11:13 AM
It's a tough thing. I respect Allen's decision and wish him nothing but the best. I never heard anything about him other than that he worked hard and kept his nose clean. Hope he catches some breaks and gets to chase his dream a little while longer.

Ruf/Nek7
12/19/2012, 11:22 AM
I am also not bagging on your source/post, but I do recall quarterback Keith "Iceman" Nichol saying about the same things publicly up till he went back to Michigan State.

I also recall lamenting that we could used him at receiver back here if he was going to end up playing receiver up there anyway :(
No problem. All I can say here is Drew Allen is not Keith Nichol and Nichol transferred a lot earlier than Allen's supposed transfer.

badger
12/19/2012, 11:37 AM
It's a tough thing. I respect Allen's decision and wish him nothing but the best. I never heard anything about him other than that he worked hard and kept his nose clean. Hope he catches some breaks and gets to chase his dream a little while longer.

While I don't wish for this to happen, if it turns out that Blake Bell can't pass, I could see Drew Allen filling the Landry role after Landry's gone, with Blake continuing to be Belldozer.

No problem. All I can say here is Drew Allen is not Keith Nichol and Nichol transferred a lot earlier than Allen's supposed transfer.
That's true - Nichol had two years to play at Meatchicken State, while Drew Allen (if I'm not mistaken) only has one year of eligibility left.

It's a very interesting situation, and probably tough on the guys. It would be one thing if you had unlimited eligibility and could just wait for your turn at being a four-year starter for when the previous four-year-starter leaves, but college ball isn't designed that way.

MI Sooner
12/19/2012, 11:39 AM

I guess it's possible Nichol could have cracked the WR last year, but had he not transferred he would have been out of eligibility anyway. Either way, I don't think he was good enough to contribute much at WR.

edit: and I just realized in that alternate universe, he's probably starting at QB in 2009 once Bradford goes down.

Scott D
12/19/2012, 12:35 PM
I guess it's possible Nichol could have cracked the WR last year, but had he not transferred he would have been out of eligibility anyway. Either way, I don't think he was good enough to contribute much at WR.

edit: and I just realized in that alternate universe, he's probably starting at QB in 2009 once Bradford goes down.

or more amusing irony, both guys he lost out on the starting QB gig to are NFL quarterbacks.

cyclonesooner
12/19/2012, 01:54 PM
I used to coach in the same high school district that Drew Allen played in San Antonio. Good high school player. Physical QB with good running skills that threw the deep pass very well but threw too many interceptions. Never really felt he was OU worthy as a recruit. Nonetheless, Good Luck Drew.

Soonerfan88
12/19/2012, 08:33 PM
I listen at work and never heard Hale say Allen was absolutely transferring, just that he was exploring his options. I certainly wouldn't blame him for that since he probably wants to start at least one year. However, he also loves OU and may not go.

Salt City Sooner
12/19/2012, 10:50 PM
OC Josh Heupel said today that QB Drew Allen has NOT raised to him the possibility of transferring

https://twitter.com/Jake_Trotter/status/281532379816927232

8timechamps
12/19/2012, 11:22 PM
Added "rumored" to the title. Also, I'm pretty sure, at this point, that James Hale is clueless.

cleller
12/20/2012, 09:34 AM
From what I can tell Allen has stuck with the program, done all that was asked of him, and never been out of line. Its a shame that some good players/good young men don't get to see the field, but that's the way it goes.

If he were to leave, I'd pull for him.

PrideMom
12/20/2012, 10:31 AM
A diploma from OU is nothing to sneeze at. A free college education is hard to come by. Allen should talk to Grady that left OU, if he had stayed he might have replaced Bomar.....but Paul Thompson was a class act!!

ashley
12/22/2012, 08:16 AM
Knight will be the starter next year. You wouldn't believe how high the coaches are on him.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
12/22/2012, 08:23 AM
Knight will be the starter next year. You wouldn't believe how high the coaches are on him.

Nope.

ashley
12/23/2012, 02:08 PM
Nope.

I believe it.

bluedogok
12/23/2012, 02:25 PM

Would that move to Arkansas? Do the Hogs need a QB?

Seamus
12/23/2012, 06:12 PM
Nope.

I lol'd at this.

dennis580
12/23/2012, 09:38 PM
per James Hale

This is good news if true. Blake Bell absolutely must be the starter next year, and even the slightest threat to that needs to be eliminated. I am extremely excited about the Bell era; going to be a absolute nightmare for defenses.

olevetonahill
12/23/2012, 09:41 PM
This is good news if true. Blake Bell has to be the starter next year, and even the slightest threat to that needs to be eliminated. I am extremely excited about the Bell era; going to be a absolute nightmare for defenses.

No, The Starter Needs to be the BEST we have, If Drew is a Threat to Bell then so be it.

dennis580
12/23/2012, 11:34 PM
No, The Starter Needs to be the BEST we have, If Drew is a Threat to Bell then so be it.

Bell has way to much talent, and potential not to go with him. Bell must start.

Salt City Sooner
12/24/2012, 02:02 AM
If you're going to go purely on talent & potential, Eric Mitchel should've started over Jamelle Holieway. Personally (& nothing against Eric), I'm glad he didn't.

olevetonahill
12/24/2012, 03:25 AM
Bell has way to much talent, and potential not to go with him. Bell must start.

Im all for Bell being the starter. IF hes the best we have. If Allen wins the job thens He's the best. This aint rocket surgery
As for saying Someone MUST start ya sound like an idiot

BoulderSooner79
12/24/2012, 01:02 PM
Im all for Bell being the starter. IF hes the best we have. If Allen wins the job thens He's the best. This aint rocket surgery
As for saying Someone MUST start ya sound like an idiot

I was thinking moran, but I can live with idiot.

olevetonahill
12/24/2012, 04:55 PM
I was thinking moran, but I can live with idiot.

Yea But Me being in the Christmas spirit I stayed a Nice guy :very_drunk:

BoulderSooner79
12/24/2012, 05:34 PM
Yea But Me being in the Christmas spirit I stayed a Nice guy :very_drunk:

I thought the Christmas spirits were being in you.

:excitement:

jk the sooner fan
12/26/2012, 08:36 AM
it sounds like the kid running the scout team is going to push Bell more than Allen will

ashley
12/26/2012, 05:08 PM
it sounds like the kid running the scout team is going to push Bell more than Allen will

You must have heard what the coaches are saying or you have watched practice.

badger
12/26/2012, 05:50 PM

I have no idea where everyone's hearing such things, but I have also heard of people hearing such things. maybe I such follow more players/coaches/medias on the tweeters.

8timechamps
12/26/2012, 08:31 PM
There are a lot of reports that Knight is tearing it up on the scout team. Not only coaches, but players have also been quoted as to their impressions of Knight.

Usually, where there's smoke...there's fire.

I have faith that Stoops will start the BEST quarterback on the roster. And I'm almost certain he won't give a rats *** what the fans think.

olevetonahill
12/26/2012, 08:34 PM
There are a lot of reports that Knight is tearing it up on the scout team. Not only coaches, but players have also been quoted as to their impressions of Knight.

I have faith that Stoops will start the BEST quarterback on the roster. And I'm almost certain he won't give a rats *** what the fans think.

But, But ,But It Just HAS to be bell :welcoming:

8timechamps
12/26/2012, 08:36 PM
But, But ,But It Just HAS to be bell :welcoming:

He MUST be the starter!!1!1one!!

olevetonahill
12/26/2012, 08:37 PM
He MUST be the starter!!1!1one!!

Dayum Skippy even hes just the 3rd best we have

jk the sooner fan
12/26/2012, 08:41 PM

well of course i've heard what the coaches are saying

where else would i get it?

let's not forget that Stoops and company said the VERY SAME thing about a freshman named Sam Bradford

jk the sooner fan
12/26/2012, 08:42 PM

i dont care who starts - i just want the starter to be pushed for his job by somebody talented and hungry - competition is a good thing

Boomer.....
1/25/2013, 10:28 AM
It's once again being reported, per SoonerScoop, that Drew will sit out the spring and transfer once he graduates in May. He will be eligible to play right away.

olevetonahill
1/25/2013, 10:47 AM
It's once again being reported, per SoonerScoop, that Drew will sit out the spring and transfer once he graduates in May. He will be eligible to play right away.

Link?
If He goes I wish him all the best.

Boomer.....
1/25/2013, 11:36 AM
Link?
If He goes I wish him all the best.

I don't have a subscription to SoonerScoop, but if someone does it's here:

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=895&fid=429&style=2

olevetonahill
1/25/2013, 11:38 AM
I don't have a subscription to SoonerScoop, but if someone does it's here:

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=895&fid=429&style=2

I dont understand bro. If ya cant read it, How ya know what it says?

70sooner
1/25/2013, 11:47 AM
http://newsok.com/oklahoma-football-quarterback-drew-allen-looking-to-transfer/article/3749004

NORMAN — Oklahoma backup quarterback Drew Allen was given permission to explore other opportunities, making it likely he'll play his senior season elsewhere, according to a source close to Allen.

Oklahoma football: Quarterback Drew Allen looking to transfer “He's looking around,” the source said.

An OU spokesman said Allen hasn't formally requested permission to contact other schools.

The news was first reported by SoonerScoop.com, the Rivals network site that covers OU.

Allen, who is on course to graduate in May but still has a year of eligibility remaining, could transfer to another Football Bowl Subdivision university and be immediately eligible.

Under certain circumstances, the NCAA doesn't require its usual one-year benching for transfers between FBS schools.

Blake Bell, a junior next season, supplanted Allen as Landry Jones' backup before the 2012 season. Since then, with Bell likely the favorite to start next season — plus the emergence of redshirt freshman Trevor Knight, who starred on the scout team — there has been speculation that Allen might transfer.

“The option's there,” Allen said during the week before Oklahoma's Jan. 4 Cotton Bowl loss to Texas A&M. “My goals and aspirations since I came to college were to play. I've always wanted to play here and have a significant role here and I'd love to do that.”

Allen didn't take a single snap during the 2012 season. During his sophomore season in 2011, Allen appeared in five games and completed nine of 16 passes for 71 yards.

Boomer.....
1/25/2013, 11:54 AM
I dont understand bro. If ya cant read it, How ya know what it says?

Saw it posted on another board. The jist was that he's transferring after he graduates.

badger
1/25/2013, 11:56 AM
Good luck Drew. Sorry it didn't work out here and hope it works out elsewhere.

Soonerjeepman
1/25/2013, 11:59 AM
on espn there was an article about hypothetically allowing the Bg12 schools to "trade" players...it was a question posed by some reader. The ironic thing was they mention Allen to isu for their LBers...lol too bad we can't get our half of the deal.

swardboy
1/25/2013, 12:17 PM

I can only dream Trevor Knight starts. I so wanna hear "OU TK's Texas"...or any other opponent.

badger
1/25/2013, 12:22 PM
I can only dream Trevor Knight starts. I so wanna hear "OU TK's Texas"...or any other opponent.

TKOU <<< what will be his nickname if he turns out to be awesome

Ruf/Nek7
1/25/2013, 12:26 PM
Knight is garnishing all of this attention from playing as Manziel during practices leading up to the Cotton Bowl. I don't know about you guys, but he obviously didn't do that good seeing how we were totally prepared for Manziel.

Just sayin.

badger
1/25/2013, 12:27 PM
spoil sport :mad:

Ruf/Nek7
1/25/2013, 12:31 PM
spoil sport :mad:

Would it make it better if i gave you a lollipop?

olevetonahill
1/25/2013, 12:43 PM
Saw it posted on another board. The jist was that he's transferring after he graduates.

Thas cool. Just wonderin. I still wish the young man well

badger
1/25/2013, 12:53 PM
will it turn my tongue blue

olevetonahill
1/25/2013, 12:55 PM

will it turn my tongue blue

I must resist, I must resist
Provertolevetonahill.
I must resist

1/25/2013, 01:00 PM
Knight is garnishing all of this attention from playing as Manziel during practices leading up to the Cotton Bowl. I don't know about you guys, but he obviously didn't do that good seeing how we were totally prepared for Manziel.

Just sayin.Johnny hymen just GOT LUCKY. We coulda woulda shoulda got him a bunch of times, but we JUST WEREN'T LUCKY that evening in the Metroplex.

starclassic tama
1/25/2013, 01:08 PM
I don't know about you guys, but he obviously didn't do that good seeing how we were totally prepared for Manziel.

Just sayin.
what does this even mean? so knight didn't tear up the first team D because manziel also tore up the first team D?

Ruf/Nek7
1/25/2013, 01:15 PM
what does this even mean? so knight didn't tear up the first team D because manziel also tore up the first team D?

No one has ever called you dumb! :witless:

stoops the eternal pimp
1/25/2013, 01:18 PM

Just sayin.

Holy ****...

stoops the eternal pimp
1/25/2013, 01:19 PM

Just nod and walk away..

sooneron
1/25/2013, 01:36 PM
Johnny hymen just GOT LUCKY. We coulda woulda shoulda got him a bunch of times, but we JUST WEREN'T LUCKY that evening in the Metroplex.

Lucky? If you count luck by having a great LT and a remaining solid OL against a shabby DL, then yes, lucky.

1/25/2013, 01:50 PM
Lucky? If you count luck by having a great LT and a remaining solid OL against a shabby DL, then yes, lucky.Well...like I said, effin' LUCKY! dammit

8timechamps
1/25/2013, 06:28 PM
Hope Drew has a great senior year wherever he ends up (I've heard Indiana). For three years he's sat on the sidelines and from all impressions, has been a great teammate. That's not easy for a lot of kids in his position. I'm glad he wanted to be a Sooner and wish him nothing but the best for him.

SoonerMarkVA
1/25/2013, 09:20 PM
Hope he doesn't transfer to sit on the bench of some other school for his senior year. As in, I hope he picks wisely if he chooses to transfer because I'd like to see him get that year of playing he deserves.

colleyvillesooner
1/25/2013, 10:03 PM
Hope Drew has a great senior year wherever he ends up (I've heard Indiana). For three years he's sat on the sidelines and from all impressions, has been a great teammate. That's not easy for a lot of kids in his position. I'm glad he wanted to be a Sooner and wish him nothing but the best for him.

That makes sense with Wilson being there, his OC when he was recruited.

Salt City Sooner
1/25/2013, 10:10 PM
If he's thinking IU, he just as well stay here, IMO. They led the Big 10 in passing last year (by a wide margin), & have all 3 of their QB's who played returning. At least here there's nobody experienced in the base offense in front of him.

8timechamps
1/25/2013, 10:34 PM
If he's thinking IU, he just as well stay here, IMO. They led the Big 10 in passing last year (by a wide margin), & have all 3 of their QB's who played returning. At least here there's nobody experienced in the base offense in front of him.

I think the numbers Indiana put up were based on two things: 1. They're in the Big 10. 2. Kevin Wilson likes to throw the football. Indiana played all three QBs last season, because Wilson couldn't settle on who to play. He ended up with a Sophomore. I really don't know much more about the Hoosiers (and to be honest, not much about Allen's ability), but if he were to go there, I'm assuming it would be on the agreement that the competition is open (and I doubt Wilson would bring him there just to fill a back up spot). Still wouldn't be too surprised if he ended up at an FBS school.

papawlambert
1/26/2013, 06:17 PM
Be tough for a program to use him for only one year. They will want to use the guys that will help them 2-4yrs.

Fraggle145
1/26/2013, 06:25 PM
Be tough for a program to use him for only one year. They will want to use the guys that will help them 2-4yrs.

Russell Wilson says Hi.

papawlambert
1/27/2013, 12:37 PM
froggle,
I didn't know that he was as good as Wilson. Wilson had a lot of experience at NC State before transferring. What experience does Allen bring to the table?

birddog
1/27/2013, 02:08 PM
i'm still trying to grasp the idea of him not realizing this 2 yrs. ago. Drew, good luck to ya but shirley you saw what was progressing but chose to try to overcome the odds. that's commendable because you've been great in the classroom but if you wanted to do both, there are plenty of schools that would love to have you. didn't think you ever were too concerned with playing time but i'm glad you got to be on the OU campus for a few years. those are some good times. something sam houston state or wayne state can't offer.

Fraggle145
1/27/2013, 02:19 PM
froggle,
I didn't know that he was as good as Wilson. Wilson had a lot of experience at NC State before transferring. What experience does Allen bring to the table?

He doesnt have to be. Any team that is in need of a new qb should be willing to give a developed senior prospect a shot. Especially if they are weak at the position.

If he went to Indiana - about 4 years of experience in roughly the same system that Wilson runs.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_KzY4wLAeQZk/TO0tWevwpeI/AAAAAAAAASM/mNFvLGhxNo4/s1600/goliath+frog.jpg