PDA

View Full Version : Heres ya a Hypothetical,

olevetonahill
12/17/2012, 06:26 PM
Most Know Curly is a teacher so Ima use him cause hes a ****ing Nut , gun nut, Hickory nut , Just about any kinda nut ya want
Any way I digress, Seems Like Most here are against the idea of lettin teachers be armed correct? ( I said Most)

Now Unbeknownst to the Powers that be and any of the rest of the nosy mother****ers in the world.
Curly is fed up with all this school shootin and Vows it will never happen in his skool
Yall with me so far?
Ok so Sly Curly sneaks him a weapon in just in case and Lo and behold some whack job comes on the school and starts trying to shoot every one , Curly Pulls his iron and splats the Crazy whack dude saving a lot of Lives

What happens to Curly?

Is he a National hero?
Is he crucified in the press for taking a gun to school?

What would you do or say about him?

Me Id pin a ****in Medal on him and Buy a Beer or 40 and some more ammo.

OU_Sooners75
12/17/2012, 06:36 PM
What a slippery slope.

But I too would praise him and back him in his decision.

Talked to a few teachers at the school I work. They have no problem allowing those teachers that wanted to take the courses and training to carry guns. Most said as long as the guns are secured and out of the reach and eyes of the children. And posting at all entrances that the staff and faculty have the right to conceal carry.

I agree, teachers should have that right or ability. However, only after extensive training and testing.

C&CDean
12/17/2012, 06:52 PM
Murder 1!!!1!! Life in the prisonz!!!1! He carried to school with the intent to kill somebody!!!1! No proof he had to killz the dude!!!1!

In my book he would be neither. He would be an upstanding US citizen upholding his right and duty to protect himself and others in perilous danger. No medal, but most certainly a 40-pack and a hearty thank you.

olevetonahill
12/17/2012, 07:05 PM
Murder 1!!!1!! Life in the prisonz!!!1! He carried to school with the intent to kill somebody!!!1! No proof he had to killz the dude!!!1!

In my book he would be neither. He would be an upstanding US citizen upholding his right and duty to protect himself and others in perilous danger. No medal, but most certainly a 40-pack and a hearty thank you.

The Mid deal I agree wit ya on Bro. But I'd have to give him a Medal fer just going against the accepted standards

TitoMorelli
12/17/2012, 07:11 PM
Just wondering - if really was a valid formatting option, what would it do to the text in between? :confused:

olevetonahill
12/17/2012, 07:16 PM
Just wondering - if really was a valid formatting option, what would it do to the text in between? :confused:

Ya would prolly get sompun like this
http://memedepot.com/uploads/0/178_libszv1.jpg

soonercruiser
12/17/2012, 07:26 PM
Hypothetically, here is my guess:

Is he a National hero?....YES! in my mind and most reasonable people.

YES! He IS crucified in the press for taking a gun to school? YES! And by the very liberal parents of the children he saved.
The scrool/superintendant/Scrool Board fire him summarily.....and prosecute......whereupon the judge gives him probation!
(Wherupon he takes his retirement and buys likker for himself and the Vet!)
In other words, all ends well!
:topsy_turvy:

soonercruiser
12/17/2012, 07:28 PM
BTW...speaking of vombies...
With all the guns and vombie blasting on TV...you never see many anti-gun liberals.
Were they eaten first? Or, shot first by the survivors?
Just wonderin"...

East Coast Bias
12/17/2012, 07:56 PM
You guys are working yourselves into a pretty good lather here. What happened to common sense? Do any of you people have children?
Here is a more likely scenario to come from this. Curly takes his piece to school, locks it away safely, or so he thinks. Some enterprising young student gets his hand on the gun, shows it off to a few of his friends, and boom, you can guess the rest.

C&CDean
12/17/2012, 08:04 PM
You guys are working yourselves into a pretty good lather here. What happened to common sense? Do any of you people have children?
Here is a more likely scenario to come from this. Curly takes his piece to school, locks it away safely, or so he thinks. Some enterprising young student gets his hand on the gun, shows it off to a few of his friends, and boom, you can guess the rest.

Yeah, we all have kids. I've taught mine how to handle firearms since before they could ride a bike. You watch too much East coast news.

Tiptonsooner
12/17/2012, 08:19 PM
Just a "CCW friendly Bldg." sticker on the door of schools would likely prevent an event like Fridays from happening..Especially if it has "XX" amount of CCW license holders work here on it somewhere..

8timechamps
12/17/2012, 08:26 PM

What Dean said, and in my hypothetical, Curly keeps it on his person, because he's smart like that.

olevetonahill
12/17/2012, 08:30 PM

Start yer own Hypothetical if ya dont like mine, Either answer the question as posed or STFU.

East Coast Bias
12/17/2012, 08:32 PM
Yeah, we all have kids. I've taught mine how to handle firearms since before they could ride a bike. You watch too much East coast news.

They put a pro-gun spin on this story in Oklahoma?

olevetonahill
12/17/2012, 08:34 PM
They put a pro-gun spin on this story in Oklahoma?

Theres a Ghey thread already, we dont need you to Ghey up this one .

diverdog
12/17/2012, 09:01 PM
Most Know Curly is a teacher so Ima use him cause hes a ****ing Nut , gun nut, Hickory nut , Just about any kinda nut ya want
Any way I digress, Seems Like Most here are against the idea of lettin teachers be armed correct? ( I said Most)

Now Unbeknownst to the Powers that be and any of the rest of the nosy mother****ers in the world.
Curly is fed up with all this school shootin and Vows it will never happen in his skool
Yall with me so far?
Ok so Sly Curly sneaks him a weapon in just in case and Lo and behold some whack job comes on the school and starts trying to shoot every one , Curly Pulls his iron and splats the Crazy whack dude saving a lot of Lives

What happens to Curly?

Is he a National hero?

So are there any conservatives on this board who are not on the government dole?

soonercruiser
12/17/2012, 09:02 PM

DUH!
Left Coast reasoning!
You have a "piece"....you "wear" the piece! (Most effective as a deterant when concealed...element of suprise"!)
Anyone who has had any reasonable amount of self-defense training knows, that it must be within reach, and you must be ready to use it efficiently!
Otherwise, it's no good at all.

soonercruiser
12/17/2012, 09:06 PM
So are there any conservatives on this board who are not on the government dole?

If you are talking about government retirement, Diver, that's not "on the dole"!
Military vets have "earned" their benefits!
Again Diver, stop coveting thy neighbor's full retirement!
Simple jealousy is not your vindication!

Besides...what the he11 does that have to do with the discussion of vet's hypothetical?

olevetonahill
12/17/2012, 09:08 PM
If you are talking about government retirement, Diver, that's not "on the dole"!
Military vets have "earned" their benefits!
Again Diver, stop coveting thy neighbor's full retirement!
Simple jealousy is not your vindication!

Besides...what the he11 does that have to do with the discussion of vet's hypothetical?

This,
Typical Lib shat, Change and divert, Just answer the question or STFU , Hell peeps it aint that hard

East Coast Bias
12/17/2012, 09:31 PM
DUH!
Left Coast reasoning!
You have a "piece"....you "wear" the piece! (Most effective as a deterant when concealed...element of suprise"!)
Anyone who has had any reasonable amount of self-defense training knows, that it must be within reach, and you must be ready to use it efficiently!
Otherwise, it's no good at all.

This rendition reminds me of that football player that shot himself in the leg in a bar a few years, ago. Placcico Burress. But he was an East coast dumbass, right?

olevetonahill
12/17/2012, 09:35 PM
This rendition reminds me of that football player that shot himself in the leg in a bar a few years, ago. Placcico Burress. But he was an East coast dumbass, right?

Either go with the thread or just ****in GO, I dont really care

Oh and yes he was a Dumbass for NOT having the weapon secured in a holster

hawaii 5-0
12/17/2012, 09:36 PM
My theory is that Curly trips over his lily liver and shoots his own pecker off.

5-0

olevetonahill
12/17/2012, 09:37 PM
My theory is that Curly trips over his lily liver and shoots his own pecker off.

5-0

We just need Matlock to weigh in an we will have a Trifecta of Dumbass's

soonercruiser
12/17/2012, 09:43 PM

Yes, he was!
This below! >>>
(..from another thread..)

olevet...
Re: Gun Control: Is it counterproductive?

The best Gun control is a very steady hand.

Gun at a bar???? While you are drinking????
DUH!

Soonerjeepman
12/17/2012, 10:10 PM
being a teacher who is going through CC in Jan (planned BEFORE this happened )...

I'd def say MOST folks would think he is a hero, BUT he will be fired and brought up on FEDERAL charges...no guns on school property. Not sure how it would end up.

Midtowner
12/17/2012, 10:36 PM
being a teacher who is going through CC in Jan (planned BEFORE this happened )...

I'd def say MOST folks would think he is a hero, BUT he will be fired and brought up on FEDERAL charges...no guns on school property. Not sure how it would end up.

It might be tough to get a jury to convict, but gun ownership means following the rules. Bringing your gun to someplace you're not supposed to have it, i.e., a school full of children, is totally irresponsible, not to mention a crime.

soonercruiser
12/17/2012, 10:39 PM
TRIFECTA!!!!!!
Winner, winner, looser!

Soonerjeepman
12/17/2012, 10:45 PM
IF it ever gets to that, the teacher needs to carry...not lock it up in some drawer....imho. Does not good if ya got to get a key to get it out of the cabinet.

We talked at school about this. I might take a bucket of baseballs, or throw a chair, mug, anything...enough to make them "flinch" ...whatever...then attack. We were amazed that only 2 adults tried to stop. I guess my thinking by now is...99% your dead anyways...why not TRY and stop them.

Mid, that is the BS of it all...IF and IF the teacher actually saved lives but yet gets prosecuted for "not following the law" but yet the gunman's COMPLETE breaking the law is not even a mention. Just like this whole thing...it's all about the mom and her LEGAL guns...not much of an uproar about the fact the kid MURDERED his mom, STOLE her guns, ILLEGALLY carried a gun onto school property and then committed MURDER 26 more times.

soonercruiser
12/17/2012, 11:11 PM
This^^^^

And as a man with moral fiber, one should save the kids, and be wiiling to suffer the consequences.
That's what life is all about, after all...... helping & defending "Others"!
"Do the right thing"!

5thYearSooner
12/17/2012, 11:23 PM
Hire a veteran at every school and make him or her head of security. And only his/her team should be able to carry.

olevetonahill
12/17/2012, 11:24 PM
I dint ask What the ****in LAW says, I simply asked How would YOU feel towards him and how would YOU treat him. Is this too hard a subject for some of you to grasp?

I can Understand Matlock and H 2-0 Hell I doubt they would be the 2 smartest folks in a room if they were the Only ones in it. But the rest of Yall, Come on tell us How YOU would deal if this came about.

olevetonahill
12/17/2012, 11:27 PM
Hire a veteran at every school and make him or her head of security. And only his/her team should be able to carry.

Think I need to add another to the Idiot room

Come peeps just say how YOU would feel about the Hypothetical situation I laid out .

Soonerjeepman
12/17/2012, 11:28 PM
hero...

olevetonahill
12/17/2012, 11:31 PM
hero...

Thank you, See you idiot Libs, was that so hard?

Soonerjeepman
12/17/2012, 11:35 PM
my pleasure...but you don't think I'm a lib do ya? lol hopefully I've shown not. Even though I'm a teacher, I'm teaching conservative values in a public school!

olevetonahill
12/17/2012, 11:54 PM
my pleasure...but you don't think I'm a lib do ya? lol hopefully I've shown not. Even though I'm a teacher, I'm teaching conservative values in a public school!

Hell no. I were pointin out to the Idiot Libs how you did this exercise right, while all they tried to do was their ofusual BS , divert ,change the subject carp.

diverdog
12/18/2012, 01:41 AM

Yall with me so far?

What happens to Curly?

Is he a National hero?

vet:

Had your lazy *** read my Atlantic article you would have your answer. He would be a hero. The problem is if he gets caught with the gun he could lose his job. So it is a risk.

Here is a better hypothetical. Suppose Clinton's assualt rifle ban had passed. Not the law we got but the ban. How many of these people would be alive today who were killid by military style assualt rifles if the ban were in place? I sure would love to know the answer.

Curly Bill
12/18/2012, 08:41 AM
Hero for saving peeps, but that being said the powers that be would hang anyone out to dry for bringing a gun to school, even if that gun ended up being used to save a couple dozen kids. I've actually suggested in meetings about school safety before that if schools are serious about solving this problem, allowing teachers to carry concealed has to be considered. You should see the glassy-eyed stare you get from school administrators for even daring to suggest such a thing. There are few more politically correct beasts in existence right now than the educational establishment - as such guns and people that carry have them are seen as evil and not to be talked about in any other fashion beyond that if they'd all go away the world would be all full of sunshine and roses.

diverdog
12/18/2012, 08:51 AM
Hero for saving peeps, but that being said the powers that be would hang anyone out to dry for bringing a gun to school, even if that gun ended up being used to save a couple dozen kids. I've actually suggested in meetings about school safety before that if schools are serious about solving this problem, allowing teachers to carry concealed has to be considered. You should see the glassy-eyed stare you get from school administrators for even daring to suggest such a thing. There are few more politically correct beasts in existence right now than the educational establishment - as such guns and people that carry have them are seen as evil and not to be talked about in any other fashion beyond that if they'd all go away the world would be all full of sunshine and roses.

What about having the commanders and staff of the JROTC units carry weapons?

Curly Bill
12/18/2012, 08:55 AM
What about having the commanders and staff of the JROTC units carry weapons?

I'd not have a problem with that of course, but the % of schools that have those programs is pretty small. I'm more in favor of allowing administrators or teachers who are willing to carry to do so, and if that requires they receive extra training beyond that required for a concealed carry license I'm fine with that too.

Breadburner
12/18/2012, 08:57 AM
He Improvised.Adapted and Overcame......

olevetonahill
12/18/2012, 08:59 AM
I'd not have a problem with that of course, but the % of schools that have those programs is pretty small. I'm more in favor of allowing administrators or teachers who are willing to carry to do so, and if that requires they receive extra training beyond that required for a concealed carry license I'm fine with that too.

I've suggested that all along

How about lettin em Open carry? And before you screamin lady girl Libs go crying about 'What If Little Johnny gets ahold of the gun" Get em a Smart weapon one that will only fire if the Owner pulls the trigger

OU68
12/18/2012, 03:17 PM

You hit on one of my pet peeves - the CC classes are a joke IMO. The only way an instructor can fail someone is if they show up drunk or shoot someone during the class. I think you should have to demonstrate a level of safety/proficiency before you are allowed to apply for a license. JMO

Tulsa_Fireman
12/18/2012, 03:43 PM
Come peeps just say how YOU would feel about the Hypothetical situation I laid out .

I'd get a sizeable boner and go totally gay for Curly.

Totally.

Soonerjeepman
12/18/2012, 03:47 PM
I've suggested that all along

How about lettin em Open carry? And before you screamin lady girl Libs go crying about 'What If Little Johnny gets ahold of the gun" Get em a Smart weapon one that will only fire if the Owner pulls the trigger

THAT would be the most logic. IF I'm not in my room an there is an issue I have to go to my room then unlock the cabinet, get the gun..etc.

Hell police carry guns all the time and catch a lot more grief from upset people than we do but they don't shoot people...just saying, you can carry a gun without wanting to shoot someone.

olevetonahill
12/18/2012, 03:47 PM
I'd get a sizeable boner and go totally gay for Curly.

Totally.

NTTAWWT

olevetonahill
12/18/2012, 03:51 PM
You hit on one of my pet peeves - the CC classes are a joke IMO. The only way an instructor can fail someone is if they show up drunk or shoot someone during the class. I think you should have to demonstrate a level of safety/proficiency before you are allowed to apply for a license. JMO

http://cdn.motinetwork.net/demotivationalposters.net/image/demotivational-poster/small/1202/youre-a-dumbass-pawn-stars-old-man-demotivational-posters-1329070897.jpg

OU68
12/18/2012, 04:13 PM
http://cdn.motinetwork.net/demotivationalposters.net/image/demotivational-poster/small/1202/youre-a-dumbass-pawn-stars-old-man-demotivational-posters-1329070897.jpg

I won't argue that, but I had people in my class that had never held a firearm before - the thought of them carrying scares the hell out of me. Just because someone has just figured out which way to point the dam thing shouldn't qualify them to carry around a loaded weapon.

hawaii 5-0
12/18/2012, 05:02 PM

Timothy McVeigh was a veteran.

Just sayin'....

Or is he considered a Local hero martyr in Oklahoma?

5-0

olevetonahill
12/18/2012, 05:04 PM
Timothy McVeigh was a veteran.

Just sayin'....

Or is he considered a Local hero martyr in Oklahoma?

5-0

hawaii 5-0
12/18/2012, 05:11 PM
Both lame and innane.

I wouldn't expect anything more intelligent.

5-0

hawaii 5-0
12/18/2012, 05:16 PM
Try to catagorize me as you will, but my posts and feelings have always been Pro-Gun ownership.

The problem I have is the fools' access to firearms.

Some people should not be allowed to have them.

5-0

StoopTroup
12/18/2012, 06:14 PM
I'm worried about how the First Responders that killed Curly by mistaking him as an active Shooter on School premises will feel?

Honestly...I understand Vet's thoughts and Trust in Curly that he could hypothetically make things better in such a bad situation but when you look at how the Teachers at Sandy Hook handled things...there were 700 kids in this School and only 20 of them were killed. I wish zero had been killed but even arming Teachers wouldn't insure a zero or lower body count.

I then wonder (Hypothetically) how Parents of kids would feel about Curly if Hypothethically he had accidentally shot a child when taking down the Wacko. I know we are only supposed to answer how we would feel about Vet's Hypothethical Question but how many other Hypothethical Questions could we come up with that might not end up with Curly being a hero? We all of course want Curly to be able to be the hero and be able to ride off into the Sunset. But what if there is tragedy inside of Tragedy in one of our other Hypothetical Moments?

Just Sayin'

OU_Sooners75
12/18/2012, 09:33 PM
See Greg, you are one of those that completely fail at this issue.

What has every one of the school shooting crazy done immediately following their assault?

Committed Suicide.

What should this tell you?

That those that have committed such heinious acts are not blazing into a school, movie theather, or mall looking for a gun fight. They are looking at taking as many people as they can before taking their own life.

One prime example of this is the Oregon mall killings. The killer offed himself when he drew the attention of a man that was licensed to conceal carry. Once he (the perp) seen that guy, he (the perp) turned his own gun on himself committing suicide.

The reason the CCW man didn't fire was because there were too many people behind the perp and wasn't guaranteed a successful shot.

What does this tell us? The people that do these things will not go to a place where people could be carrying guns.

So yes, I am a firm believer in that if teachers were carrying at the Sandy Hook school, the murders wouldn't have happened there. Hell look at what a few of the teachers and principals did without a gun. Surely with one, they would have met violence with violence!

Funny, how all liberals are gungho to helping people, but in this situation they want to help make it easier for a crazy criminal to kill people by stronger gun control or banishment of guns!

soonercruiser
12/18/2012, 11:25 PM

Ditto what vet said in the picture!

Curly Bill
12/19/2012, 08:42 AM
The main reason to allow teachers to carry is like 75 says above for the deterrent factor. Right now these cowards know the best place to find large numbers of unarmed defenseless peeps is at a school.

Why is it we're not hearing about mass shootings at Walmart everyday? They're just about as common as schools, they almost always have large numbers of peeps in them, but they're not chosen as targets because the cowards know that in a Walmart one or more of those peeps might have the capacity to shoot back.

Midtowner
12/19/2012, 09:18 AM
Introducing guns into a school is idiotic. Consider that most of your teachers are female and many are petite, i.e., not hard for a teenager to overpower. Simply from a liability standpoint, it's a horrible idea. We had 40 school deaths in 2012 and 8 in 2011. What a dumb thing to do--change the rules for everyone based on what is basically a lightening strike.

Such a concept is just as idiotic as the TSA requiring every single airplane traveler to remove their shoes because of one moron shoe bomber.

sappstuf
12/19/2012, 09:19 AM
The Pearl High School shooting was very similar to Sandy Hook. A kid killed his mother and then went to a high school and shot three people. His plan was then to go to the junior high while all the police responded to the high school.

Would have probably worked. Except..

The priniciple had a gun in his car and when the shootings started, he went to the car and got it and then confronted and held the shooter until police arrived.

It breaks my heart to think of that principle running towards the sound of gunfire and then lunging at the shooter with her bare hands.

"Gun free zones" are death traps.

kevpks
12/19/2012, 09:28 AM
A principal with a gun locked up in his/her office (or car in that case) is a lot different to me than a teacher in a classroom full of kids carrying a gun. Teachers move around the entire room and have their back to students while assisting other students. It's a job that requires your full attention and keeping a handgun secure at all times on your person would be difficult.

Curly Bill
12/19/2012, 09:33 AM
A principal with a gun locked up in his/her office (or car in that case) is a lot different to me than a teacher in a classroom full of kids carrying a gun. Teachers move around the entire room and have their back to students while assisting other students. It's a job that requires your full attention and keeping a handgun secure at all times on your person would be difficult.

...and yet police who I'd say in general are less intelligent than teachers manage to do just that???

Curly Bill
12/19/2012, 09:35 AM
Introducing guns into a school is idiotic. Consider that most of your teachers are female and many are petite, i.e., not hard for a teenager to overpower. Simply from a liability standpoint, it's a horrible idea. We had 40 school deaths in 2012 and 8 in 2011. What a dumb thing to do--change the rules for everyone based on what is basically a lightening strike.

Such a concept is just as idiotic as the TSA requiring every single airplane traveler to remove their shoes because of one moron shoe bomber.

I know right? Locking your flimsy little interior door and cowering in the corner hoping for the best makes a lot more sense.

olevetonahill
12/19/2012, 09:50 AM

Do you even read what you post? You are undoubtedly the Dumbest mother****er on the Planet

You are against allowing teachers who choose to pass the required test and training to be armed Because after all this was an isolated incident.
But God Damn lets get those Guns away from Law abiding citizens