PDA

View Full Version : It's a beautiful thing!!!!

okie52
12/17/2012, 04:52 PM
Local weatherman marries long-time partner in New York
By Erin Mulvaney | December 13, 2012 | Updated: December 13, 2012 5:23pm

KPRC Local 2 Chief Meteorologist Frank Billingsley in his Houston office.
Photo: Michael Paulsen, . / © 2011 Houston Chronicle
Longtime Houston weatherman Frank Billingsley called his New York City wedding ceremony to his 17-year partner Wednesday "fairly traditional."

KPRC Channel 2 meteorologist Billingsley and Kevin Gilliard decided about a year ago to tie the knot in the Big Apple on Dec. 12, 2012, a date that drew a spike in weddings around the country.

The readings shared with the 70 guests who attended the ceremony at the Eventi Hotel near the Empire State Building were a Biblical passage about love from Corinthians, a portion of the Massachusetts Supreme Court decision that legalized gay marriage, and a poem, "Union," by Robert Fulghum.

The poem was read by the couple's 24-year-old son, Morgan Gilliard.

"This time seemed right to make official what had been our lives already," he said.

Even though the couple could not legally marry in their home state, Billingsley said they always wanted a destination wedding. Three of the same-sex couples from Houston who attended had been married in other states.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/17/2012, 05:06 PM
You don't like my lifestyle? TAKE SOME OF THIS, BEYONCES!!!

There's a New World Order out there. You WILL accept it!

KantoSooner
12/17/2012, 05:14 PM
Wait, I'd have thought you'd be all in favor of this. 17 year stable relationship. At least one partner has a successful career. Son who feels comfortable enough around his folks to participate in their wedding. And the couple wanting to further cement their union by having a public ceremony.
I mean, this sounds like chapter one out of the GOP/Family Values text book.

okie52
12/17/2012, 05:17 PM
Wait, I'd have thought you'd be all in favor of this. 17 year stable relationship. At least one partner has a successful career. Son who feels comfortable enough around his folks to participate in their wedding. And the couple wanting to further cement their union by having a public ceremony.
I mean, this sounds like chapter one out of the GOP/Family Values text book.

Cement their union...sounds very painful.

12/17/2012, 05:21 PM
I mean, this sounds like chapter one out of the GOP/Family Values text book.Wait! Who says I'm not? what about you? Someone who wants minimal govt. interference AND Socialized Medicine at the same time. Right down your alley!

12/17/2012, 05:26 PM
If the 17 yr old is the weatherman's "long time partner", were they members of NAMBLA, and if not, WHY NOT? Were they doing anything illegal before marriage? (The younger partner was not of legal age, after all). Statutory rape, and sodomy! How can there be a marriage between 2 consenting adults, when one is not yet an adult? Hel* yeah. What's not there to approve, anyway?

badger
12/17/2012, 05:27 PM
When I think about legalizing marriage, I think back to Boondocks (on TV, not the cartoon in print):

Wuncler: Are you against same-sex marriage?
Grand-dad: I'm against ALL marriage!

I love my husband and our daughter dearly, but the ones that are threatening the sanctity of marriage are not gay people, but rather, divorced people.

okie52
12/17/2012, 05:28 PM
Best wishes to Frank and Kevin....

SanJoaquinSooner
12/17/2012, 05:29 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c5/Itsabeautifulday.jpg

BigTip
12/17/2012, 05:47 PM
Here's where I differ from most conservatives. I think it's okay for people to do whatever the heck they want to if it isn't hurting anyone else
This is why the Republican party, which I am a member of, has such a tough row to how these days. They don't want the government telling them what to with their guns, their taxes, and all that, but they DO want the government telling people whom they can and cannot marry.
I feel you can't have it both ways.
What does Ron Paul feel about this subject? I would imagine that the Libertarians think like I do. Government, don't tell me what to do, if it doesn't harm anyone else.

And why are so many weathermen gay? Strange I think.

olevetonahill
12/17/2012, 05:51 PM
Here's where I differ from most conservatives. I think it's okay for people to do whatever the heck they want to if it isn't hurting anyone else
This is why the Republican party, which I am a member of, has such a tough row to how these days. They don't want the government telling them what to with their guns, their taxes, and all that, but they DO want the government telling people whom they can and cannot marry.
What does Ron Paul feel about this subject? I would imagine that the Libertarians think like I do. Government, don't tell me what to do, if it doesn't harm anyone else.

Personally I think the ****in Government needs to get their noses out of Peoples Bedrooms , Gun Cabinets, and any other Personal business an individual may have.

If 2 dudes want to butt **** each other for eternity Thats their deal If I want to go blast several 100 rounds of ammo at my hill thats MY deal. Every one else needs to just butt the **** out.( See what i did there?)

olevetonahill
12/17/2012, 05:53 PM

Heh, I posted then read yours
great minds an all that shat.

12/17/2012, 05:53 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c5/Itsabeautifulday.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN-woJ3pzAI

12/17/2012, 05:57 PM
A fabulous song, for sure. Girl With no Eyes is a good one from that album too.

KantoSooner
12/17/2012, 06:14 PM
Rush, the relationship is 17 years old. The relationship. What age they were when they started said relationship is not mentioned. Sounds like a couple of old swishies finally getting to wear tuxedos.

As to your recent fascination with my willingness to support a national healthcare system at the same time I lean Libertarian, pm me and we can talk about it. I'm not going to follow my normal pattern and hijack the thread for discussion of an unrelated point. Trying to be more courteous these days.

In that vein, Merry Christmas AND Happy Holidays and Joyous Season's Greetings.

Honk if you're horny.

olevetonahill
12/17/2012, 06:17 PM
Rush, the relationship is 17 years old. The relationship. What age they were when they started said relationship is not mentioned. Sounds like a couple of old swishies finally getting to wear tuxedos.

As to your recent fascination with my willingness to support a national healthcare system at the same time I lean Libertarian, pm me and we can talk about it. I'm not going to follow my normal pattern and hijack the thread for discussion of an unrelated point. Trying to be more courteous these days.

Honk if you're horny.

http://fromwhoatogo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/road-runner-copy.jpg

12/17/2012, 06:40 PM

Honk if you're horny.Well, I will have to read the original description more closely. If the relationship is 17 yrs instead of the partner's age, then NEVER MIND on the NAMBLA stuff and the sodomy charges and statuory rape. it was fun while it lasted, though. Thanks for your joyous greetings. Back at ya, and I will do my best to keep you and yours away from the attention of the Death Panels.

SanJoaquinSooner
12/17/2012, 07:05 PM
A fabulous song, for sure. Girl With no Eyes is a good one from that album too.

One of the best albums ever.

12/17/2012, 07:15 PM
One of the best albums ever.For me, too.

FirstandGoal
12/17/2012, 08:14 PM

Personally I think the ****in Government needs to get their noses out of Peoples Bedrooms , Gun Cabinets, and any other Personal business an individual may have.

If 2 dudes want to butt **** each other for eternity Thats their deal If I want to go blast several 100 rounds of ammo at my hill thats MY deal. Every one else needs to just butt the **** out.( See what i did there?)

Count me as falling squarely into this philosophy as well.
More-- instead of less-- love and stability in the world is a good thing.
Sounds like these guys have been together long enough and have raised a child together (although the petty part of me can't help but wonder whose biological child he really is) and that all parties enjoy happy successful lives.

I'm glad they got to have their day to be divas and I bet the food, drinks, and decorations were to die for. Prolly was a great party.

Tiptonsooner
12/17/2012, 08:24 PM
Hey, if they can function in society and want to be married, more power to them. I couldn't care less what anyone else wants to do, as long as they can work and pay their own way, pay their taxes and leave me alone....

Dogs and cats, man and man, chickens and horses. Whatever, none of my business......

12/17/2012, 08:30 PM
Dogs and cats, man and man, chickens and horses. Whatever, none of my business......
3's not a crowd, at these things, either. As long as there are no objections from the involved entities, yes, including any animals that might be a part of the nuptials, then live and let live.

soonercruiser
12/17/2012, 09:10 PM
Cement their union...sounds very painful.

Is that like inseparable???
:onthego:

soonercruiser
12/17/2012, 09:12 PM
Best wishes to Frank and Kevin....

Best wishes to Kevin and Kevin's Frank!...
......from Barney's Frank

soonercruiser
12/17/2012, 09:13 PM
Hey, if they can function in society and want to be married, more power to them. I couldn't care less what anyone else wants to do, as long as they can work and pay their own way, pay their taxes and leave me alone....

And then the rooster said to the cat, "YOU'RE MINE"!

olevetonahill
12/17/2012, 09:18 PM
I bet that would hurt like hell if they Tied the KNOT like Dogs do :gary:

12/18/2012, 12:47 AM
And then the rooster said to the cat, "YOU'RE MINE"!Isn't there supposed to be a human person involved in this, some way or another?

sappstuf
12/18/2012, 02:00 AM
http://www.humorhound.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/weather-man-funny-forecast.jpg

okie52
12/18/2012, 02:06 AM
http://www.humorhound.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/weather-man-funny-forecast.jpg

Lol...

diverdog
12/18/2012, 02:29 AM

Where do you come up with this stuff?

12/18/2012, 02:37 AM
Where do you come up with this stuff?Good question, but I have seen that one before, somewhere. It IS classic, though.

diverdog
12/18/2012, 06:05 AM
Good question, but I have seen that one before, somewhere. It IS classic, though.

By the looks of it a bunch of red states are getting tea bagged. ROTFLMA

okie52
12/18/2012, 07:45 AM

While the blue states are getting Sanduskied

diverdog
12/18/2012, 08:01 AM
While the blue states are getting Sanduskied

Lol.

You do know Western PA is red, right?

olevetonahill
12/18/2012, 08:54 AM

Yea whil you ****ing Yankees are gettin it rammed down yer throats ROTFLMA

pphilfran
12/18/2012, 09:00 AM
Sniff, sniff....I always cry at engagements....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/17/white-house-gay-marriage-proposal-_n_2317455.html

An active duty U.S. Marine Corps captain made history over the weekend by becoming the first gay man to pop the question to his partner at the White House.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii187/pphilfran/bb_zpscf360258.jpg

SanJoaquinSooner
12/18/2012, 09:07 AM
3's not a crowd, at these things, either. As long as there are no objections from the involved entities, yes, including any animals that might be a part of the nuptials, then live and let live.

It's not analogous, RLIMC.

Given Rooster A, nobody can legally marry that rooster. The law applies to all equally.

Given Person A and Person B, nobody can legally be married to both, simultaneously. The law applies to all equally.

BUT,

Given Person A, some people can legally marry that person, and some can't. It depends on one's gender. The law does not apply to all equally.

pphilfran
12/18/2012, 09:43 AM
It's not analogous, RLIMC.

Given Rooster A, nobody can legally marry that rooster. The law applies to all equally.

Given Person A and Person B, nobody can legally be married to both, simultaneously. The law applies to all equally.

BUT,

Given Person A, some people can legally marry that person, and some can't. It depends on one's gender. The law does not apply to all equally.

If person A and B both agree why can they not be married to person C?

SanJoaquinSooner
12/18/2012, 09:56 AM
If person A and B both agree why can they not be married to person C?

Because there is a law against it -- a law that applies to all equally.

pphilfran
12/18/2012, 10:00 AM
Because there is a law against it -- a law that applies to all equally.

Didn't the law that said a man couldn't marry a man apply to everyone equally? Nobody could do it....It stepped on some peoples rights and feelings but it was equal to all...

olevetonahill
12/18/2012, 10:04 AM
Didn't the law that said a man couldn't marry a man apply to everyone equally? Nobody could do it....It stepped on some peoples rights and feelings but it was equal to all...

jaun wants to divorce Maria and marry jose.

BigTip
12/18/2012, 10:34 AM
A comedian was talking about gay marriage. "Sure let the gays marry. They should be able to marry and be miserable just like the rest of us."

12/18/2012, 01:27 PM
By the looks of it a bunch of red states are getting tea bagged. ROTFLMAYou're right. Too many Americans don't realize who our real enemy is.

okie52
12/18/2012, 01:46 PM
Lol.

You do know Western PA is red, right?

You do know the state is blue...just like Ohio.

Looks like Philly gets a spunk bath.

diverdog
12/18/2012, 01:50 PM
You do know the state is blue...just like Ohio.

Looks like Philly gets a spunk bath.

Below the balls Okie!

Midtowner
12/18/2012, 02:06 PM

Sure it did, but that's not an argument which impressed the 9th Circuit. Fundamentally, a marriage is something which can happen in many states even outside of statute if there's simply an agreement to be married. Marriage is a domestic partnership with certain aims--cohabitation, [usually] sexual exclusivity, shared benefits/bills, etc. The discrimination which is complained about is not allowing a man to enter into that partnership with another man as he could with a woman.

Your argument is logically equivalent to stating that a law creating separate but equal schools for children of all races applies to everyone equally and therefore is valid. You're not going to find too many judges to buy what you're sellin'.

pphilfran
12/18/2012, 06:42 PM
I don't understand why multi person marriages would be any different...3 consenting adults fit each of your parameters other than exclusivity (only silghtly less exclusive).....

cleller
12/18/2012, 07:13 PM
I don't understand why multi person marriages would be any different...3 consenting adults fit each of your parameters other than exclusivity (only silghtly less exclusive).....

Very good point. A few decades ago two men marrying each other would have sickened a majority of Americans, now you have no choice but to accept it, or be publicly upbraided. Why should plural marriage be different?

Another why: why are people that oppose same sex marriage considered intolerant? Isn't denying their right to object equally intolerant?

Midtowner
12/18/2012, 07:34 PM

I have no problem with polygamy as long as it's not used to take unfair advantage of the tax code, e.g., placing all of the children under one of the sister-wives' households where said sister-wife is a stay-at-home mom to maximize tax benefits. You have adults consenting to be married. Divorce would be very interesting though.

I'm for personal freedom and can't fathom why the government would have any interest in telling people what kind of family units are legal and which are forbidden.

Midtowner
12/18/2012, 07:36 PM
Another why: why are people that oppose same sex marriage considered intolerant? Isn't denying their right to object equally intolerant?

It's not because no one is actually able to stop people from having dumb opinions and voicing them--1st Amendment and all. On the other hand, we have a constitutional amendment in Oklahoma forbidding same-sex marriage which passed by a huge majority. To my mind, telling someone who they can marry or not is just as bad as telling them how many children they're allowed to have or something along those lines. I can't think of a more intrusive government policy.

soonercruiser
12/18/2012, 11:43 PM

Oh Great!
A 3-way relationship!
That would be a courtroom very crowded with lawyers at the divorce hearing.

okie52
12/19/2012, 12:27 AM
It's not because no one is actually able to stop people from having dumb opinions and voicing them--1st Amendment and all. On the other hand, we have a constitutional amendment in Oklahoma forbidding same-sex marriage which passed by a huge majority. To my mind, telling someone who they can marry or not is just as bad as telling them how many children they're allowed to have or something along those lines. I can't think of a more intrusive government policy.

Telling someone they can't have a 20 oz coke, smoke a cig or joint, spank their child, or pack their school lunch boxes with twinkies is pretty intrusive.

sappstuf
12/19/2012, 08:17 AM
Where do you come up with this stuff?

I have good recall abilities for useless stuff. That will be my major selling point for a job after my military career is over.. ;)

SanJoaquinSooner
12/19/2012, 08:44 AM

No, it applies differently to men than it does women.

KantoSooner
12/19/2012, 09:58 AM
Well, I will have to read the original description more closely. If the relationship is 17 yrs instead of the partner's age, then NEVER MIND on the NAMBLA stuff and the sodomy charges and statuory rape. it was fun while it lasted, though. Thanks for your joyous greetings. Back at ya, and I will do my best to keep you and yours away from the attention of the Death Panels.

Thanks on the death panels. I'll try and return the favor by seeing what we can do to enhance herd immunity and labor market flexibility with basic health care availability. Sounds like a happy season all 'round!

12/19/2012, 10:31 AM
...seeing what we can do to enhance herd immunity...do the cattle have to pay the govt. healthcare tax, too? If too many doctors throw up their hands in disgust, perhaps veterinary care isn't so bad. It's doable, right?

If medical professionls become to problematical, I guess the flexibility of the labor market could provide us some basic healthcare?

KantoSooner
12/19/2012, 11:23 AM
I was referring to immunization of X% of a population protecting even those who are uninoculated as the disease has trouble maintaining a reservoir vector. But, I suspect you knew that.

As to a shortage of medical professionals, don't worry. If we have that many doctors here who decide that being simply millionaires vs. being multi-millionaires is not enough compensation for their extra 4-5 years of school, we can simply open up immigration to the, literally, hundreds of thousands of Indian and Eastern European docs who are perfectly well trained and certified. Interestingly, many of them don't turn up their noses at being primary care docs, precisely where we are the shortest.

Perhaps in this season of miracles we may actually get one.