PDA

View Full Version : This from Austrailia, lol...can't believe she won her lawsuit.

Soonerjeepman
12/17/2012, 02:55 PM
thought our courts were screwed up...theirs are literally...

Australian woman gets workers' comp for sex-related injury during business trip

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/12/17/australian-woman-gets-worker-compensation-benefits-for-injury-during-sex-on/?test=latestnews#ixzz2FLCAUpQd

LiveLaughLove
12/17/2012, 03:02 PM
thought our courts were screwed up...theirs are literally...

Australian woman gets workers' comp for sex-related injury during business trip

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/12/17/australian-woman-gets-worker-compensation-benefits-for-injury-during-sex-on/?test=latestnews#ixzz2FLCAUpQd

There is no shame where there is no morality. This world is truly messed up. Time for us to hit the delete and restart key.

KantoSooner
12/17/2012, 03:07 PM
I don't have a web reference to it, but the Adult Toy Box in OKC was successfully sued during the 1980's as I recall, on a claim of product liability in the case of a vibrator whose assembly screws were 'insufficiently torqued, leading to catastrophic failure of the assembly and injury, physical and emotional, to the claimant during use.'
Much beloved by first year Torts students back then.

Soonerjeepman
12/17/2012, 03:19 PM
lol..that's funny KS...I bet. I remember my comp 1 class at ksu, in the 80's. Teacher brought in playboy...something about an article...passed it around. Course most the guys pulled out the CF.

SanJoaquinSooner
12/17/2012, 03:26 PM
So if you're on a business trip, you're on the clock I guess.

KantoSooner
12/17/2012, 04:04 PM
I guess that's the logic.

I never really felt like sex and work were an appropriate mixture. Worked most of 25 years in Asia and only when I was headed back here did it finally become evident to me that most of my colleagues were bonking their secretaries and other female employees. I felt like such a fool. On the plus side, I'm still on excellent terms with most of my old team.

C&CDean
12/17/2012, 04:33 PM
So if you're on a business trip, you're on the clock I guess.

Yup. In the Travel Manual where I retired from it states "portal to portal." Once you walk out the portal (door) to head to the airport or wherever until the time you walk back through the portal you are covered.

cleller
12/19/2012, 11:30 AM
The BS part is that she was depressed and unable to work because of the injury. Nonsense.

Can you imagine if Americans quit working every time they were injured during a sex mishap?

KantoSooner
12/19/2012, 11:38 AM
I'm just thinking that it's been a long time since I was involved in tearing the fixtures out ol the wall.
Damn.
I'm getting old.

soonercruiser
12/19/2012, 10:16 PM
Wow! I'm glad that we are not like Australia!
Minica Lewinsky never asked for the blue dress to be dry cleaned by the government.
And the waitress that Ted Kennedy laid onto the table....!