PDA

View Full Version : women's team future?

Soonerjeepman
12/17/2012, 09:22 AM
Since they are down to 8 players..? 9? without Hand I think the rest of the season will be rough. Hate to be a pessimist, but I doubt we end up in the top half of the league.

badger
12/17/2012, 09:34 AM
oh yeah no doubt we're tanking this season compared to season's past, but since we're in such a strong confernece, not being in the top half does not necessarily mean we're out of the NCAA tournament. Hell, only one Big 12 football team isn't going to a bowl, and that's because they REALLY suck!*

*Badger's opinion does not reflect those of SF.com, who doesn't consider KU to have a football team at all

BoomerJack
12/17/2012, 01:41 PM
Has the women's volleyball team finished its season?

Perhaps a few of them will join the squad at least for practices.

stoopified
12/27/2012, 04:42 PM
I personally think everyone is underestimating Sherri and her guys. The only team in the BIG 12 I see head and shoulders above OU is BU.oSu looks good but largely against a slate of Cupcake U. and East Popcorn State.I will be shocked if OU is not a top 3-4 league team.My only concern is further injury.

badger
12/27/2012, 05:14 PM
I personally think everyone is underestimating Sherri and her guys. The only team in the BIG 12 I see head and shoulders above OU.oSu looks good but largely against a slate of Cupcake U. and East Popcorn State.I will be shocked if OU is not a top 3-4 league team.My only concern is further injury.

I am probably going to give my blood pressure the benefit of the doubt this basketball season, yes. Everytime a player takes a shot (to the head) and gets beat on defense (with an opponent's fist) and they dive to the floor for a loose ball (after getting shoved there by some behemoth he-man woman hater), you gasp, you hold your breath, you hide your eyes... you wonder why you continue to subject yourself to such torture.

we are probably going to lose more players by season's end the way these non-conference teams have player. geeeehhhhh

badger
12/28/2012, 09:27 AM
Has the women's volleyball team finished its season?

Perhaps a few of them will join the squad at least for practices.

Oh my gawd GO BUY A LOTTERY TICKET!

Link (http://newsok.com/oklahoma-womens-basketball-sooners-coach-sherri-coale-adds-two-volleyball-players-to-depleted-roster/article/3741055)

Oklahoma women's basketball coach Sherri Coale added two players to her thin roster this week; she didn't have to go far to find either of them.

Tara Dunn and Eden Williams, both from the Oklahoma volleyball squad, joined the basketball team, increasing the number of healthy players on the Sooners' roster to 10.

Neither Dunn nor Williams is expected to see much game action; their roles will primarily be providing practice depth for the Sooners, who have lost four players to season-ending injuries since preseason workouts began.

Soonerfan88
12/28/2012, 02:55 PM
I immediately thought of this thread when I read that on Soonersports. Great call, BoomerJack!

stoopified
2/22/2013, 07:52 AM
I personally think everyone is underestimating Sherri and her guys. The only team in the BIG 12 I see head and shoulders above OU is BU.oSu looks good but largely against a slate of Cupcake U. and East Popcorn State.I will be shocked if OU is not a top 3-4 league team.My only concern is further injury. As we head down the home stretch,I proudly stand by my 3rd-4th place prediction.

badger
2/22/2013, 11:58 AM
As we head down the home stretch,I proudly stand by my 3rd-4th place prediction.

Meh, I think we get up to second. Nobody will beat Baylor for the regular season title at this point (ISU and us are tied for second with five conference losses each while Skeletor's minions are at zero), but I think if we win what we're capable of, we get 2nd outright, or at least a tie.

And yes, before any SicEms can chime in that they don't give out silver medals for second in the Big 12, let me chime in first:

**** baylor. **** skeletor. **** dunker who will be gone by next year to somewhere besides Baylor. **** skeletor again.

Now I got all the melting down out of the way so that our womens team doesn't have to, because barring a few more meltdowns like we saw last week (losing at home to ISU and at Kansas), we should win every regular season game, excluding at home against Baylor, and I expect us to be competitive in that game.

Barring a Cobra Kai "sweep the leg" of Baylor's dunker, they will likely take the Big 12 tourney too. ****ers. We should have either the 2 or 3 seed, meaning we'll get some other games to build our NCAA resume up from a 8-9 seed (current, as we are unranked) up to a 4-6 seed.

If we run the course, beat Baylor twice to take the Big 12 tourney and back into the top 25, our best-case scenario is a 3-seed.

Lott's Bandana
2/22/2013, 12:20 PM
Here's one I hadn't heard:

Griner missed the Olympics because they do gender testing.

I'm sure that has been getting around, I just hadn't heard that one until recently. It doesn't hold any weight with me, but that WBB BigXII commercial is incredibly creepy. Other tall women don't sound a thing like BG does. Hell, my voice isn't that deep and I don't squat to pee...most of the time.

SicEmBaylor
2/22/2013, 05:25 PM
Here's one I hadn't heard:

Griner missed the Olympics because they do gender testing.

I'm sure that has been getting around, I just hadn't heard that one until recently. It doesn't hold any weight with me, but that WBB BigXII commercial is incredibly creepy. Other tall women don't sound a thing like BG does. Hell, my voice isn't that deep and I don't squat to pee...most of the time.

I'm getting pretty ****ing sick of this ****. BG missed the Olympics because 1)Geno didn't offer her a slot and 2)Her mother was extremely ill and in intensive care at the time. If there was a chance that BG could be "exposed" for being what she's accused of being then Geno would never have let that opportunity slide.

badger
2/22/2013, 05:38 PM
I'm getting pretty ****ing sick of this ****. BG missed the Olympics because 1)Geno didn't offer her a slot and 2)Her mother was extremely ill and in intensive care at the time. If there was a chance that BG could be "exposed" for being what she's accused of being then Geno would never have let that opportunity slide.

Old SF.com bait: "Just to be clear... I started the Hollis thread... I am taking my business elsewhere..."

New SF.com bait: Britney Griner herp derp

Seriously SicEm. I am going to dedicate an entire meltdown post to you defending Britney Griner if you keep this up. Please keep this up. I think it would be funny.

Soonerjeepman
2/22/2013, 05:45 PM
lol...you go Badge...

I will add, not about BG...but OU's team...we seem a tough 8 gals. I still am not sure how long we can run in the NCAA. I do think we go, hopefully we'll finish strong and take a few games in the Big12. I'd say a 6/7 seed if we run out.

SicEmBaylor
2/22/2013, 05:54 PM
Old SF.com bait: "Just to be clear... I started the Hollis thread... I am taking my business elsewhere..."

New SF.com bait: Britney Griner herp derp

Seriously SicEm. I am going to dedicate an entire meltdown post to you defending Britney Griner if you keep this up. Please keep this up. I think it would be funny.

I don't find anything funny about grown men continuing to attack a young woman from the comfort of their desk chairs. Especially when there is ZERO evidence of the most common accusation. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Griner and suggestions to the contrary utterly disgust me.

Go and look at pics of Griner before she reached puberty and make those same accusations. Griner simply developed in a way that is atypical of most women. There are certainly other women out there who have developed in a similar fashion as Griner, but who just didn't get into basketball. It's as simple as that.

I'm getting pretty f'n sick of the things said about her.

FaninAma
2/22/2013, 06:30 PM
Again, if Brittney ever plays one game in the Olympics I will be the first in line to say I was wrong......but I'm not. Plus, we've already had the discussion about Griner's pre and post-pubertal changes.

Mjcpr
2/22/2013, 07:49 PM
http://snakkle.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/jim-carrey-in-living-color-1990-white-space-conflict-tv-photo-GC.jpg

stoopified
2/22/2013, 07:56 PM
Meh, I think we get up to second. Nobody will beat Baylor for the regular season title at this point (ISU and us are tied for second with five conference losses each while Skeletor's minions are at zero), but I think if we win what we're capable of, we get 2nd outright, or at least a tie.

And yes, before any SicEms can chime in that they don't give out silver medals for second in the Big 12, let me chime in first:

**** baylor. **** skeletor. **** dunker who will be gone by next year to somewhere besides Baylor. **** skeletor again.

Now I got all the melting down out of the way so that our womens team doesn't have to, because barring a few more meltdowns like we saw last week (losing at home to ISU and at Kansas), we should win every regular season game, excluding at home against Baylor, and I expect us to be competitive in that game.

Barring a Cobra Kai "sweep the leg" of Baylor's dunker, they will likely take the Big 12 tourney too. ****ers. We should have either the 2 or 3 seed, meaning we'll get some other games to build our NCAA resume up from a 8-9 seed (current, as we are unranked) up to a 4-6 seed.

If we run the course, beat Baylor twice to take the Big 12 tourney and back into the top 25, our best-case scenario is a 3-seed.By no means did I mean we were not capable of finishing 2nd but I just meant that when the majority thought OU would not finish in the top half of the league,I had faith that they would be at least 3rd or 4th. Think second place is a stretch,but not impossible.

tycat947
2/22/2013, 09:31 PM
Sorry, but Geno didn't decline Griner, Griner declined Geno. Griner stated that family illness and her summer school schedule (majoring in General Studies with an emphasis on Outdoor Recreation).

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/womensbasketball/big12/story/2012-04-19/brittney-griner-declines-national-team-invitation/54417992/1

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/london/basketball/story/2012-05-14/auriemma-discusses-brittney-griner-decision/54961382/1

Collier11
2/23/2013, 12:46 AM
SicEm couldnt really tell the difference anway, he thought all women had shlongs

Chuck Bao
2/23/2013, 05:23 AM
My family will be going up to Stillwater to see the game tomorrow. We're all hoping that OU can hang on to a 3rd place finish in the Big12, so OU won't have to face Baylor in the conference tourny unless they get to the championship game. We already have the tix to the tourny in Dallas and plan to go at least 2 days. I suppose that I'll have to take two sets of clothes - one OU and one Baylor. Heh!

Does anyone know the best way to pre-order NCAA regional tourny tix in OKC? Through OU? Through Baylor?

badger
2/23/2013, 12:00 PM
I don't find anything funny about grown men continuing to attack a young woman from the comfort of their desk chairs. Especially when there is ZERO evidence of the most common accusation. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Griner and suggestions to the contrary utterly disgust me.

Go and look at pics of Griner before she reached puberty and make those same accusations. Griner simply developed in a way that is atypical of most women. There are certainly other women out there who have developed in a similar fashion as Griner, but who just didn't get into basketball. It's as simple as that.

Why dont you find it funny.

I dont think weve had griner pre-puberty pics posted here. Please share.

Why are you getting sick of people talking about her here.

Lott's Bandana
2/23/2013, 12:11 PM

SicEm, I think the point here is, you probably don't need to defend BG, I'm certain she can take care of herself.